Author Topic: Do any of you ever poke fun at yourselves?  (Read 1427 times)

martincisneros

Do any of you ever poke fun at yourselves?
« on: August 13, 2008, 09:12:40 AM »
I'm in another season where some of the funniest stuff is in the mirror.  Things I do, or have done, etc.  Even if you can't publicly "go there" on the boards with specifics, can any of you relate?

joyful1

Re: Do any of you ever poke fun at yourselves?
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2008, 11:49:32 PM »
 :Chinscratch: mmmmmmmmm.....nnnnnno.

Offline WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2008, 11:55:30 PM »
Why not Joyce? :sigh:
Mirror cracked again? :laughing7:

A day not laughed a day not lived. :laughing7:

1 Timothy 2:3-4  ...God our Savior;  Who will have all men to be saved...
John 12:47  And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.
Romans 4:5 But to the one who does not work, but believes in the one who declares the ungodly righteous ...

joyful1

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2008, 12:03:19 AM »
Oh! good one, wabbit, very good....
and no, my mirror is not cracked....
I moved all of those new age things out of my house long ago.
:laughing7:

Offline studier

• Restricted
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2008, 01:37:25 AM »
Harsh lessons have been learned, and people's joy of watching me make fun of myself for innocent pleasure sometimes turned into malicious confirmations of their perception. So now, I only poke fun, when I am with people who I trust.

Offline sparrow

• Bronze
  • I watch, & am as a sparrow alone upon the rooftop.
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2008, 03:12:17 AM »
I always poke fun at myself... helps me to keep myself focused on the important things.
And to not be so hard on myself as well. And to realize that we are all just human beings.
If you can laugh at yourself, it helps you to be more gentle with others.
If you can't laugh at yourself... well, I don't know, I guess I would find that kinda sad.  :dontknow:
"I knelt to drink,
And knew that I was on the brink
Of endless joy. And everywhere
I turned I saw a wonder there."

If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. And if I have prophetic powers, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. If I give away all I have, and if I deliver up my body to be burned, but have not love, I gain nothing.

Offline hopeful

• Bronze
  • He was there!
    • To Know Him More
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2008, 03:21:49 AM »
 :laughing7:  I most certainly CAN relate, Martin!  Let's see...  "They" say that you're not supposed to laugh at your own jokes though so what DOES this mean?
You're welcome to visit http://toknowhimmore.blogspot.com/

pneuma

« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2008, 10:21:05 PM »
Poke fun at myself, hmmm lets see.

As a balding man I have often wondered if I can get a hair line fracture :laughing7:

When someone meantions I am balding, I say God's just making me Aerodynamically to go straight to heaven.

or can't grow hair and brains to, but someone up'ed me on that one and said no sense closing the barn door on an empty stall  :laughing7:

Offline WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2008, 08:01:22 AM »
When someone meantions I am balding, I say God's just making me Aerodynamically to go straight to heaven.

Well ladies.... after reading the wise words of pneuma.... do you have large feet or the aereodynamic smal feet you always claim to have  :laughing7:
John 12:47  And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.
Romans 4:5 But to the one who does not work, but believes in the one who declares the ungodly righteous ...

Offline studier

• Restricted
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2008, 08:23:36 AM »
I have very small thin fingers and large palms.

martincisneros

« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2008, 08:48:05 AM »
Well ladies.... after reading the wise words of pneuma.... do you have large feet or the aereodynamic smal feet you always claim to have  :laughing7:

Perdy quiet now, ain't they? :pointlaugh: :Chinscratch:

I get ornery when it's way past my bed time.  I usually run off from the boards, or from hanging out offline, before I reach this point, but didn't quite make it tonight :dontknow:

WhiteWings, I'm not entirely sure you've asked a fair question 'cause duck :duck: , platypus, or clown feet do add charm, character, and add focus to a woman's shoes eyes.  It's not the size of a woman's feet that matter, but the size of her heart, even if the shoes are custom made for someone eleven foot three.

Big feet could be an evolutionary endowment because they had family that were driving while some of the rest of our ancestors were still drooling, drawing cave paintings about the Apocalypse with their boogers and other unmentionables, and dragging women by the hair that they'd clubbed with the earliest version of the Club that they'd stolen from the cars of those that were driving back then and growing their feet generation after generation.

All of you know that I'm just teasing and I love all of you and if anybody gets ornery about what I've just said and sends a nasty PM, then I'll know whose got the feet that could run a car for a million miles in Bedrock along with the Rubbels and Flinstones. :drummer: :grave: :cyberworld:
« Last Edit: August 16, 2008, 09:03:20 AM by martincisneros »

martincisneros

« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2008, 09:19:08 AM »
 :thewife: Oooo, I felt the glare at what I'd said from somebody right as i was trying to shut the Tardis down for the night so I could go to bed. :tongue:  Okay, in fairness how many guys out there have a Koolade or Starbucks belly right now? :coffee2: I'll be doing more situps before going to bed :soccer: :banana: :trampoline:

Maybe some pushups too :notworthy:

:thewife:

Okay, okay, I deserve that.  No going to bed until I've spent time on the bow flex, the total gym, and the treadmill.

Happy now??

Good :cloud9:

Offline WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2008, 09:52:30 AM »
WhiteWings, I'm not entirely sure you've asked a fair question 'cause duck :duck: , platypus, or clown feet do add charm, character, and add focus to a woman's shoes eyes. 

All I can say right now is that large feet (and bald heads) are the sign of the elect....  :laughing7:

martincisneros

« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2008, 08:55:46 PM »
All I can say right now is that large feet (and bald heads) are the sign of the elect....  :laughing7:

Seems like glasses are a sign too.  I've been very surprised recently by certain people starting to wear them that I thought never would.  On the bald heads thing being a sign of the elect, does a shaved head count?  Or did I need to keep the Samson hair in order to be considered "elect?"  I'm in Texas and that doesn't always work in the summer time.  If it's not 106 degrees outside, then the humidity's just about got you changing clothes hourly.

I just recently paid attention to a song that the Christian music group "Sierra" recorded a few years ago called "By My Spirit" and only within the last month realized that it was a UR song.  It uses that Scripture from the Old Testament (Zechariah?) "Not by might, nor by power, but by My Spirit, saith the Lord"  And one of the lines in that song goes like this:

"These mountains shall be removed.  I'll build My Temple in you..."

I just about screamed when I heard that in that song 'cause I'd never really paid attention to some of the other music on that CD.  I only had that CD for the song "No stone to throw."

Anyway, I'm the happiest that I've ever been in my life, and this time my joy's going to last 'cause I've finally been obeying the Lord on something He's been telling me to do for over 15 years.  Sometimes it's the simplest instructions that He gives each of us personally that deal with our emotions and our deepest needs, but we often miss the supernatural waiting on the spectacular.  And the Holy Spirit winds up having to tell us years later something along the lines of what someone told Naaman, "If Jesus had told you to do something hard, you would have done it."  Sometimes many of us are salivating at the vain imagination of being a martyr for the truth when all He's wanting is more thanksgiving out of us that all of our needs are met according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus.  We get so caught up with our own thinking, our emotions, etc., that sometimes we make the excuse for not being more thankful that "surely God doesn't just want a ritual out of me." 

If that's what it takes for God to get more immediate thanksgiving out of us, and to impress upon our mouths, minds, and bodies enough with the truth that every need is already met, then I can think of no better way of spending a few hours each day until the heart is reprogrammed to think "Kingdom" instead of thinking "what am I going to do?"  When we're thankful to the point that we reach the point where our minds/brains didn't have to energize it as a deliberate thought, but it just flowed freely from our hearts that have been trained to know the difference between good and evil through diligent practice (Hebrews 5:12-14; 1Corinthians 9:23-27) then that's when the supernatural begins in each of our lives.

When we reach that point, then we can even mock our days when we weren't thankful with:"What were we thinking?"  "Why were we childish back then?"  "Why did we see God as a part of our problem back then when it came to those needs?"  "How dumb could we get and still breathe?"  "Why weren't we more thankful back then in everything for everything that Jesus Christ had accomplished in our behalf where life, being, and provision were concerned?"  That's when all of our former days of unbelief just become the biggest joke to us. 

An unhealthy view of God's sovereignty looks at God's sovereignty over all things to the exclusion of all that He ever told us to do.  A healthy view of God's sovereignty looks at all God's done, all He's expecting, and all He's told us to do and then takes that New Testament and decides that I'm going to follow this as a treasure map to everything Father said was mine.  I'm an heir of God and a joint-heir with Christ, and the prodigal son didn't mess up in asking for what was his, but he messed up in what he did with it and with his family's reputation.  I'm taking absolutely everything that's mine, putting on the apron of a servant, and serving all of Creation with it until the Creation is liberated from it's bondage to decay and until it enters into the liberties of the children of God. 

And then we'll all be able to laugh and poke fun at the embryonic stage that we were at in August of 2008 and previously where we actually entertained questions about God's fidelity in the practical areas of life, when all of the time we simply weren't taking the simple path of the New Testament realizing that if the yoke and burden we've been wearing hasn't been easy and light, then it hasn't been Christ's and we're exchanging it for His and learning from Him 'cause He's meek and lowly of heart and WE WILL FIND REST FOR OUR SOULS. :cloud9:

joyful1

« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2008, 09:05:56 PM »
Nice Martin... :icon_flower:
« Last Edit: August 16, 2008, 09:15:05 PM by joyful1 »

Offline WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2008, 09:34:07 PM »
Seems like glasses are a sign too.

Really? :dontknow:
Glasses aren't aerodynamic for up or down movement.   :gpg:

Offline sparrow

• Bronze
  • I watch, & am as a sparrow alone upon the rooftop.
« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2008, 09:39:22 PM »
WhiteWings, I'm not entirely sure you've asked a fair question 'cause duck :duck: , platypus, or clown feet do add charm, character, and add focus to a woman's shoes eyes.

I think being short is one of the signs too.
and wrinkles. definitely wrinkles.
"I knelt to drink,
And knew that I was on the brink
Of endless joy. And everywhere
I turned I saw a wonder there."

If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. And if I have prophetic powers, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. If I give away all I have, and if I deliver up my body to be burned, but have not love, I gain nothing.

Offline Taffy

• Gold
« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2008, 06:34:36 PM »
Do any of you ever poke fun at yourselves?

Most definately NOT.....aint it bad enough others do it to me instead, we got four teenagers and they are enough ........................:laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7:

you should see the cards they got for my last birthday :icon_joker:...Oh man!!!!!

:icon_flower:
Isa 29:18 And in that day shall the deaf hear the words of the book, and the eyes of the blind shall see out of obscurity, and out of darkness.

Wint O Green

« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2008, 08:08:20 AM »
Oh Yay! I like poking fun at my self and especially others :banana:... :laugh: Speaking of teasing today i went to get some hash browns at my dads work place for my church to eat on saturday so my sister and i got the box, we drove to the church, and i went to pick up the box...it was REALLY heavy for me so here i was practically dropping the box or should i say the box dropping ME on the floor...my sister was far behind me i called for her to turn the lights on because it was all dark...so here I am...carrying the box...grunting... and I stepped on the curtain that was covering the enterence to the basment to the church, the thing fell on top of me and so the curtain was on top of my head and i was dragging the darn thing while still having the box of hashbrowns...my sister laughs at me and i was about to give her a piece of knuckle pie chase her down do something to her  :swordfight:...which i didnt do it :btongue:...wouldnt be nice :btongue:...but that thing was heavy so we put the hash browns in the freezer, and my sister just could not stop teasing me about it :laugh2:...so we were on our way out and as we were going out of the church building...i tripped!!! I was like NOW WHAT!!!  :btantrum: Praise God i made it safely to my car and home! God is good...sometimes we just need to laugh at our selfs and try to just plug along with life...God is good in all circumstances!  :2thumbs: Anywho i wanted to share what happend to me this evening...God bless you all...Jesus Loves You!  :HeartThrob: :HeartThrob: :HeartThrob: :ty:

Wint O Green

« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2008, 08:19:12 AM »
Oh can i add something i forgot to add :bigGrin:...I was going down the stairs when I stepped on the curtain and it fell on top of my head :laugh: :laugh:...I was dragging the curtain... :laughing7: until it fell off when i placed the box of hashbrowns on the table...any who...im now im pain due to the heaviness of the box...pray for me God bless you and Thank you... :gangel: :Peace: