Author Topic: Did Jesus Exist?  (Read 3074 times)

Offline Reverend G

• Est
Re: Did Jesus Exist?
« Reply #75 on: February 20, 2008, 05:40:02 PM »
Already have presented evidence earlier, to which I was rebutted.  Granted, the rebuttal was of the order of "I dispute your evidence", even though mainstream (even atheist) scholars accept it.  Not like we can wake these people up and ask them what they really meant.  That is the nature of history.  One can dispute lots of things......I could choose to tell you that the busts, coins, stories are all of about a fictional character, but I won't.  You couldn't prove me wrong, though it would be absurd.  Your argument is equally absurd.  Both are real historical persons, and widely accepted as such.

Bethany

« Reply #76 on: February 20, 2008, 10:42:34 PM »
MH- 

Do you believe Ceasar Augustus existed? If so can you prove it?

Bethany

Offline Reverend G

• Est
« Reply #77 on: February 21, 2008, 03:36:13 PM »
Exactly my point Bethany....I cannot "prove" Caesar Augustus lived and breathed on this earth, yet I, and I'm sure most people, have no trouble believing it.  It would be even harder to prove if you had to discount "political" works, since he is a politician of sorts. 

noname

« Reply #78 on: February 22, 2008, 09:15:58 AM »
Already have presented evidence earlier, to which I was rebutted.  Granted, the rebuttal was of the order of "I dispute your evidence", even though mainstream (even atheist) scholars accept it.  Not like we can wake these people up and ask them what they really meant.  That is the nature of history.  One can dispute lots of things......I could choose to tell you that the busts, coins, stories are all of about a fictional character, but I won't.  You couldn't prove me wrong, though it would be absurd.  Your argument is equally absurd.  Both are real historical persons, and widely accepted as such.
all "evidence" you presented was "hearsay"...NOTHING from the time Jesus was supposed to be living

the evidence of Caeser was when he was living and breathing 44 BC

and you call my arguments and evidence absurd?

Offline Reverend G

• Est
« Reply #79 on: February 22, 2008, 02:46:34 PM »
What evidence?

noname

« Reply #80 on: February 25, 2008, 09:35:23 AM »

Offline Reverend G

• Est
« Reply #81 on: February 25, 2008, 06:38:30 PM »
Ok, lets look at Caesar then.  You post a site showing coins and busts, which do not resemble each other.  Also, I have seen coins with fictional people on them, oh, like Mercury, Lady Liberty, etc.... I see Plutarch is one of the historical documents available, of course Plutarch is 1st century CE, ceasar was dead in 44 BCE...so it must be hearsay as well.  I also would not trust any Roman documents, seeing as how you can't trust the Bible for Christ.  Romans would have been the ones making up the stories, no?  Ah yes, many know about Caesar from a novel, if you like that term, written by someone over a millenia after Caesar, if he existed, was dead.  Some guy named Shakespeare wrote it.  So I see you are providing tons of credible proof?  And Caesar supposedly ruled a nation, should be more proof than some Jewish carpenter's existence...right?

Offline 97531

• Restricted
  • Truth is Freedom
    • Father's Love Forum
« Reply #82 on: February 25, 2008, 07:22:58 PM »
I cannot see this going anywhere fruitful. Points made both sides.  Before it gets nasty, I am locking this thread.

Blessings
My Blog       Father's Love Forum - New
IHWLAMAHOB
Christian Milkshake: Pressed down, shaken together and more than we can hope for