Author Topic: Do we have to be perfect to get into Heaven?  (Read 962 times)

Andromeda_Organa

Do we have to be perfect to get into Heaven?
« on: January 10, 2009, 02:36:22 AM »
Because I have a personality disorder and I gossip a lot, and it's very hard for me to stop these behaviours- like I say a lot of mean things(borderline personality disorder.) Will God send me to Hell for that?

martincisneros

Re: Do we have to be perfect to get into Heaven?
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2009, 03:09:30 AM »
God would send you to Hell over Christ's dead Body!  It ain't happening.  The only one that has to maintain perfection is Christ Jesus, though He's working with each of us all of the time to be just like Himself.  That's the whole Gospel in those last 3 sentences!!

martincisneros

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2009, 07:20:43 AM »
I was going to say something else earlier when Holy Spirit decided to speak up instead.  I already had in mind what I was going to say when I clicked on the link for this thread and while the page was loading all of a sudden it wasn't me waiting on it to load any more to reply. :dontknow:

Inheriting the Kingdom of God, as it's used in the New Testament by the Apostles, has to do with a fruitful prayer life, that those that practice such and such aren't inheriting.  You don't die to inherit something.  Someone else dies to inherit.  When Christ died, all of the promises of His glory, [of all of His power, of all of His provision,] became ours, and then He arose from the dead to become the executor of His own will from heaven.

When our lives are given over to sin, then we're not living the lifestyle of Christ Jesus.  Therefore, during that season we're separated from His wisdom, authority, and power flowing like a river through our lives.  The first prayer that He answers for us -- the very first -- is the prayer for all men, according to 1Timothy 2.  And then, according to 1John, [in both prayer passages when considering their context,] the second prayer that God begins answering for us is for our enemies.  And then things start happening more and more in our lives as our lives become progressively greater and greater expressions of Christ Jesus in the earth according to Colossians 3:12-17, Ephesians 6:8, John 15:7, John 8, 1John 2:5-6; 4:17, etc.  You become strong in faith through thanksgiving for all that Jesus did at the Cross, according to Colossians 2:6-7 and Colossians 3:17.

His grace and faith become our grace and faith, according to Philippians 1:1-11 and 2Peter 1:1-8.  Sin gets in the way, but if we walk in the light as He's in the light, then His Blood cleanses us, according to 1John 1:7.  Once you've repented of something, stay in resistance to it and live by faith and not by sight.  If you slip into it again, you don't need to repent again.  You already repented.  You're dealing with a symptom of something that's already been handled on the Cross and that you already signed on the dotted line for when you initially repented and became Christ's disciple.  Sin is rebuked and resisted from our lives, the way you'd rebuke and resist any illness or poverty trying to overtake you.  You don't repent and repent and repent of the same sin for 92 years and hopefully die and go to heaven. 

You overcome through resistance.  Resistance isn't just what you do in keeping every thought captive to Christ, every care cast upon Him, and overflowing with thanksgiving.  It's ongoing even after you've slipped into something.  You rebuke it and continue to resist it in your life, thereby validating that you meant what you said when you initially repented of it and you're determined to hang on to the anointing that He gives to those that obey Him and as you refuse to have that sin in your life, His Word and His power will transform your flesh in this life, according to Hebrews 5:12-14 until as Philippians 3:21 says, your very body is conformed to His image and does what His nature within you would want to do in righteousness, peace, joy, and love. 

You can't be moved by what you see.  There's no such thing as an old sinner saved by grace.  There never has been one in the history of the world and there never will be one.  You were an old sinner, but you've been saved by grace and 2Corinthians 5:17,21 says you're as righteous as He is.  The Gospel of John chapter 17 says that you're loved by Father as much as Jesus is, and His glory is yours to share in oneness with Him and with all of the rest of us.  It is finished.  The seed has been sown, if you've called upon His Name, according to Romans 10, and all you've got to do is give birth to it through thanksgiving (Colossians 2:6-7 and 3:17 again) and refusing to be moved by what you see; considering not your own body, but only that which God has promised; being fully persuaded that what He has promised He is able also to perform, and Holy Spirit within you will quicken that body of yours if you'll take on these attitudes.  And if in anything anyone around here thinks differently, God will reveal even this to them.  The things that are seen are temporary and the things unseen of Christ's nature within you can't be veiled behind your flesh forever.  It must come forth, like Lazarus in John 11.

Romans 6 says He's calling all of us out of the grave -- not sending a single one of us to Sheol as the traditionalists insist.  Romans 6 says to present yourself to God as alive from the dead and your bodily members as instruments of righteousness.  The wages of sin is death, but God's free gift is life to get you to the closing age.

martincisneros

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2009, 11:09:14 PM »
A Sleeping Partner Who Benefits

Genesis 15:12
12Now when the sun was going down, a deep sleep fell upon Abram…

In business, sleeping or silent partners don't work but still take home huge profits. They are like the wife of the boxing champion. He gets badly beaten up to win the prize money. But when he gets home, his wife takes it from him and says, "Thank you very much, darling!"

Do you know that in your covenant with God, you are like the boxer's wife or the sleeping partner?

When Abraham asked God how he would know for sure that he would inherit the land that God had promised him, God made a covenant with him. (Genesis 15:8–21) But instead of cutting the covenant with Abraham by walking in between the animal pieces with him, God put Abraham into a deep sleep and cut the covenant with Jesus instead.

Jesus, the light of the world, appeared as the pillar of fire and cut the covenant with God the Father who appeared as the pillar of cloud. In other words, Jesus took Abraham's place. He was perfect Man representing Abraham when He cut the covenant with His Father.

By substituting Abraham with Jesus, God was being gracious because if Abraham had done it, he would also have been responsible for keeping the covenant. And Abraham, being a mere man, would fail. But God the Son can never fail! Abraham's blessings were therefore guaranteed because they did not depend on his performance but Jesus' performance. Abraham was literally a sleeping partner, a beneficiary of the covenant.

Today, God has also made a covenant with you, called the new covenant. And like Abraham, you are a sleeping partner because the new covenant was also cut between God the Father and God the Son at Calvary. You are simply a beneficiary of the new covenant. You enjoy all its benefits without having to work at keeping it. Jesus, your representative, has already fulfilled all the conditions on your behalf. And because His obedience is perfect and His work is perfectly finished, the covenant blessings for you are guaranteed!

My friend, there is nothing left for you to do, but everything for you to believe. Don't try to work for your covenant blessings. Rest in the Son's finished work and receive them by faith!

From: http://www.josephprince.org/resources/dailydevotional/dailydevo.asp

Offline sven

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2009, 07:56:45 PM »
maybe this helps you:

Psalm 34,18

The Lord is close to the broken-hearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit.

Paul Hazelwood

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2009, 10:52:13 PM »
Because I have a personality disorder and I gossip a lot, and it's very hard for me to stop these behaviours- like I say a lot of mean things(borderline personality disorder.) Will God send me to Hell for that?

Yes you do have to be perfect to get into heaven.  The real issue is if "you" have to make yourself perfect or if God is the one is in charge of perfecting you.  I'll side with God being in charge of that.   

YoungYuni

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2009, 06:59:22 AM »
Hiya!

You said,

You do not need perfection to get into heaven.

Life is a journey, not a destination.

Live your utmost to the best of your ability and trust in the Lord for strength when you fall, fail or feel you cannot succeed.

Hebrews 4:16
16 Let us then approach the throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need.

:boyheart: :girlheart:

Andromeda_Organa

« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2009, 06:44:33 PM »

Yes you do have to be perfect to get into heaven.  The real issue is if "you" have to make yourself perfect or if God is the one is in charge of perfecting you.  I'll side with God being in charge of that.   
huh? So God would send me to Hell for having personality problems?

Paul Hazelwood

« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2009, 06:51:44 PM »

huh? So God would send me to Hell for having personality problems?

Where did I even come close to saying that?

Offline CHB

• Silver
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2009, 01:46:16 AM »

That was a very good answer Paul.

CHB

Offline rosered

• Gold
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2009, 02:55:32 AM »
  Hi Andromeda 

You have  gotten some good answers sis

I  will use the 10 virgins that   Jesus says  "the kingdom  of heaven" is compared to this
 all ten were there  getting ready / preparing

the 5 foolish had no oil so they went OUT TO BUY OIL , maybe should have  got some   but did not bother to ,since it is required

they missed out when the call was made   to  be ready  and waiting
    I do think  we have to prepare   and  wait on the Lord to come
  or you miss out

Jesus said nothing of being perfect/complete  did he?

We have to buy our oil  and keep our lamps burning from Him to be ready perhaps  ?

Mat 25:1 Then shall the kingdom of heaven be likened unto ten virgins, which took their lamps, and went forth to meet the bridegroom.

Mat 25:10 And while they went to buy, the bridegroom came; and they that were ready went in with him to the marriage: and the door was shut. Afterward came also the other virgins, saying, Lord, Lord, open to us.

Mat 25:12 But he answered and said, Verily I say unto you, I know you not.

the ones  now with Him got their oil from Him    that may be how Jesus Knows them   to me anyways 
  the Oil is from the Olive trees Revelation 11:4 and  Zech 4

4These are the

two olive trees and the two lampstands that stand before the Lord of the earth.
   I sure hope this does not confuse you even more , i will delete  this if it

makes no sense to you at all

:HeartThrob:
Jesus is the reward  !!

Andromeda_Organa

« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2009, 08:31:18 PM »
No, it makes sense. :boyheart:

Offline rosered

• Gold
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2009, 08:58:05 PM »
No, it makes sense. :boyheart:

Thanks Andromeda , for your  honesty
  Alot of times I get "lost"  in some  conversations myself , to be honest
 And do have a hard time following  I had A.D. H.D. as a child
  It has gotten better now that I am older 
 , but it   still is hard to concentrate at times .

My Son has  Autism , do I do understand your Aspergers
 sis  to some degree , and its not your fault 

Actually I  think you do a pretty good job  socially interacting 
  with us all here at TentMakers   :thumbsup:

I struggle to communicate  in non - verbal   interactions as well 

like writting and grammer  linguistic and cognitive  skills etc .

and they all here put up with me  here  very well , Thank God

You have a new book out , so that says alot right there  for you  sis !

May you do well in all you do  dear   God willing .

:HeartThrob:
Jesus is the reward  !!