Author Topic: DEMONS~  (Read 16833 times)

Offline jabcat

• Admin
  • SINNER SAVED BY GRACE
Re: DEMONS~
« Reply #175 on: November 04, 2011, 03:05:38 AM »

A suppose a prophet never said:
                                                "Oops.  :laughing7: "

:thumbsup:   I'd suppose you're probably right.  :)

Someone once said, "I'm not a prophet or the son of a prophet.." 

That might be a good thread, actually.  There are tons of people all over the internet and in churches claiming to be prophets (you know this) - many with all kinds of varying opinions, many predicting things that don't come to pass.  I'll admit I'm pretty cautious and believe in "test all things"...

well, again, would probably make a good thread some day...

Offline Taffy

• Gold
« Reply #176 on: November 04, 2011, 03:07:12 AM »

2 Peter 1:20,21    First of all you must understand this, that no prophecy of scripture is a matter of one's own interpretation, because no prophecy ever came by the impulse of man, but men moved by the Holy Spirit spoke from God.

I had some questions about this verse, the "prophecy" part, so did some checking. 

prophecy;  propheteia, Gr.     a discourse emanating from divine inspiration and declaring the purposes of God, whether by reproving and admonishing the wicked, or comforting the afflicted, or revealing things hidden - The New Testament Greek Lexicon
:thumbsup:

to Prophey is to BEAR Testimony To HIM bearing witnes of the LOVE and comfort HE  to ~# ALL prophecy is God Gven passed on by spirit to spirit# hence why Prophecy is of No PRIVATE interpretaion~~ Paul speaks of the HARP= the SOUND= Voice} the harp is HE who unfolds the Parables HE SPOKE being LIFE~# Davids Harp had 22 strings, each pertaining to a Letter of the Hebrew alphabet within ALL TRUTH is Given~ 22 is also the Number of LIGHT{ Revelation\Love and Comfort] when David Played the HARP to saul ITS COMFORTED HIS SOUL~~ the Bowls et all on the candlesticks In the Holy Place also Numbered 22~ HE Being the VERY lLIGHT[ of the world] IN us who WORK and Love we ARE~~ the sea of GALLILIE is called the SEA OF THE harp~ its shaped like a HARP, The Lord CIRCLED[ love is a Circle[ has No beginning nor END] for his 3.5 yr Ministry speaking in Parables the LOVE and Life of the Kingdom HE IS~

COINCIDENCE~MI think Not~ :icon_flower:

Isa 29:18 And in that day shall the deaf hear the words of the book, and the eyes of the blind shall see out of obscurity, and out of darkness.

Offline Nathan

• Gold
« Reply #177 on: November 04, 2011, 03:08:01 AM »
yet another that I think you're pulling out of context.  Because "i'm" seeing things from a different perspective, you imply that I am going against the Scripture by personally interpreting something that you can't see for yourself.

So . . .you quote a passage that has nothing to do with what I'm saying and you wrap it in a package that suggests I'm guilty of it's implications.  Who said anything about interpreting prophecies?  Scripture interpets itself.  Keep things in context.

New Living Translation.
19 Because of that experience, we have even greater confidence in the message proclaimed by the prophets. You must pay close attention to what they wrote, for their words are like a lamp shining in a dark place—until the Day dawns, and Christ the Morning Star shines[g] in your hearts. 20 Above all, you must realize that no prophecy in Scripture ever came from the prophet's own understanding,[h] 21 or from human initiative. No, those prophets were moved by the Holy Spirit, and they spoke from God

The message isn't about  what we see in Scripture, it's about realizing the messages in Scripture were not of men, but of God.

Even the one's giving the prophecies didn't understand much of what they were saying . . .yet they still spoke the words.

Offline micah7:9

• Gold
  • Mic 7:8 Thou dost not rejoice over me, O mine ene
« Reply #178 on: November 04, 2011, 03:08:21 AM »

2 Peter 1:20,21    First of all you must understand this, that no prophecy of scripture is a matter of one's own interpretation, because no prophecy ever came by the impulse of man, but men moved by the Holy Spirit spoke from God.

I had some questions about this verse, the "prophecy" part, so did some checking. 

prophecy;  propheteia, Gr.     a discourse emanating from divine inspiration and declaring the purposes of God, whether by reproving and admonishing the wicked, or comforting the afflicted, or revealing things hidden - The New Testament Greek Lexicon

Mic 7:8  Thou dost not rejoice over me, O mine enemy, When I have fallen, I have risen, When I sit in darkness Jehovah is a light to me.

Offline jabcat

• Admin
  • SINNER SAVED BY GRACE
« Reply #179 on: November 04, 2011, 03:11:55 AM »
yet another that I think you're pulling out of context.  Because "i'm" seeing things from a different perspective, you imply that I am going against the Scripture by personally interpreting something that you can't see for yourself.

So . . .you quote a passage that has nothing to do with what I'm saying and you wrap it in a package that suggests I'm guilty of it's implications.  Who said anything about interpreting prophecies?  Scripture interpets itself.  Keep things in context.

New Living Translation.
19 Because of that experience, we have even greater confidence in the message proclaimed by the prophets. You must pay close attention to what they wrote, for their words are like a lamp shining in a dark place—until the Day dawns, and Christ the Morning Star shines[g] in your hearts. 20 Above all, you must realize that no prophecy in Scripture ever came from the prophet's own understanding,[h] 21 or from human initiative. No, those prophets were moved by the Holy Spirit, and they spoke from God

The message isn't about  what we see in Scripture, it's about realizing the messages in Scripture were not of men, but of God.

Even the one's giving the prophecies didn't understand much of what they were saying . . .yet they still spoke the words.

You state that it's simply that you see something from a different perspective and that "you imply that I am going against the Scripture by personally interpreting something that you can't see for yourself".  I'll admit I miss a lot, I still have much to learn and grow.  Maybe you missed my follow-up post regarding the definition of prophecy, or perhaps you'd dismiss it anyway, but maybe not.   :dontknow:      This; "The message isn't about  what we see in Scripture, it's about realizing the messages in Scripture were not of men, but of God" is exactly the point.

However, earlier, by your own words you indicated you believe scripture can be just embellished by the author.  You appear to be using that statement and thought process as a basis to perhaps support your beliefs on this topic.  You said the words ("who's to say that the person that wrote it may have taken liberty of their imagination as to how this all came about"), I responded.  You asked a question (although likely rhetorical), I answered, "the Holy Spirit";  as I believe the Author is the Holy Spirit, so it's not some person's imagination. 

Look, I'm not your enemy.  I hope you continue to grow in grace and knowledge, and I pray for you and will continue to do so, Lord willing.  I don't want to harm you spiritually, and if I have, please forgive me. But hopefully none of us have reached the place where we only hear what we want to hear, or only listen to what people say that agree with us and just automatically accept what we say - including me.  If we put something out there, we/I should probably expect it to be tested, considered, and perhaps commented on or questioned.

I actually have stated over and over I agree with much of your thoughts and what you share, but it might be best if from here on I really make more of an effort to avoid commenting on your posts.  Great blessings.

« Last Edit: November 04, 2011, 03:18:03 PM by jabcat »

Offline jabcat

• Admin
  • SINNER SAVED BY GRACE
« Reply #180 on: November 04, 2011, 03:13:54 AM »

You're welcome.   :bigGrin:
« Last Edit: November 04, 2011, 02:04:26 PM by jabcat »

Offline Taffy

• Gold
« Reply #181 on: November 04, 2011, 03:20:30 AM »
im with you Nat ~

Lucifer being Adam~# and its seem some still perceive the LOF of ANOTHER DEATH~ but that would Mean Satan Dies~ right?# or does it mean theres YET another resurrection?
Isa 29:18 And in that day shall the deaf hear the words of the book, and the eyes of the blind shall see out of obscurity, and out of darkness.

Offline Molly

• Gold
« Reply #182 on: November 04, 2011, 03:37:55 AM »

to Prophey is to BEAR Testimony To HIM bearing witnes of the LOVE and comfort HE  to ~# ALL prophecy is God Gven passed on by spirit to spirit# hence why Prophecy is of No PRIVATE interpretaion~~ Paul speaks of the HARP= the SOUND= Voice} the harp is HE who unfolds the Parables HE SPOKE being LIFE~# Davids Harp had 22 strings, each pertaining to a Letter of the Hebrew alphabet within ALL TRUTH is Given~ 22 is also the Number of LIGHT{ Revelation\Love and Comfort] when David Played the HARP to saul ITS COMFORTED HIS SOUL~~ the Bowls et all on the candlesticks In the Holy Place also Numbered 22~ HE Being the VERY lLIGHT[ of the world] IN us who WORK and Love we ARE~~ the sea of GALLILIE is called the SEA OF THE harp~ its shaped like a HARP, The Lord CIRCLED[ love is a Circle[ has No beginning nor END] for his 3.5 yr Ministry speaking in Parables the LOVE and Life of the Kingdom HE IS~

That's a beautiful little gem, Taffy.  I didn't know the harp had 22 strings.  It really is a new song.  language set to music, language that is music...

Isaiah 42:10
Sing unto the LORD a new song, and his praise from the end of the earth, ye that go down to the sea, and all that is therein; the isles, and the inhabitants thereof.

Offline Taffy

• Gold
« Reply #183 on: November 04, 2011, 03:40:16 AM »

That's a beautiful little gem, Taffy.  I didn't know the harp had 22 strings.  It really is a new song.  language set to music, language that is music...

Isaiah 42:10
Sing unto the LORD a new song, and his praise from the end of the earth, ye that go down to the sea, and all that is therein; the isles, and the inhabitants thereof.
I will Add Thats is to be SAID that Davids Harp had 22 strings~ :icon_flower:

• Gold
« Reply #184 on: November 04, 2011, 04:00:41 AM »
Ya all just dont want to understand 2 Pet. 1:20  :HeartThrob: :bigGrin:
Mic 7:8  Thou dost not rejoice over me, O mine enemy, When I have fallen, I have risen, When I sit in darkness Jehovah is a light to me.

Offline Taffy

• Gold
« Reply #185 on: November 04, 2011, 04:02:31 AM »

2Pe 1:20   Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation. 

2Pe 1:21   For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake [as they were] moved by the Holy Ghost. 
« Last Edit: November 04, 2011, 04:36:20 AM by Taffy »

• Gold
« Reply #186 on: November 04, 2011, 04:13:18 AM »
to confirm my last Post Read the next verse Micah~

2Pe 1:20   Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation. 

2Pe 1:21   For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake [as they were] moved by the Holy Ghost.

That does not offer what verse 20 speaks of. And there are guitars with 7 strings.

Offline Molly

• Gold
« Reply #187 on: November 04, 2011, 04:44:45 AM »
King David's Lyre, to soothe the savage breast.  :icon_joker:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKMk1nj81w8
« Last Edit: November 04, 2011, 05:22:50 AM by Molly »

Offline Beloved Servant

• Gold
  • David's sling
« Reply #188 on: November 04, 2011, 04:55:20 AM »

Remember that the strings go last — the singers go first!

Offline Taffy

• Gold
« Reply #189 on: November 04, 2011, 04:59:50 AM »
King David's Lyre, to sooth the savage beast.  :icon_joker:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKMk1nj81w8
Sings a NEW song Molly and DANCE to the TUNE\sound \Voice  of LOVE~ :HeartThrob:

Offline Beloved Servant

• Gold
  • David's sling
« Reply #191 on: November 04, 2011, 05:10:21 AM »

All The Weights of The Bag Are His Work

"A just weight and balance are the LORD'S: all the weights of the bag are His work." Proverbs 16:11.

Offline Taffy

• Gold
« Reply #192 on: November 04, 2011, 05:12:59 AM »

All The Weights of The Bag Are His Work

"A just weight and balance are the LORD'S: all the weights of the bag are His work." Proverbs 16:11.
Selah~ To weigh amid the Balances of Truth~ mercy and compassion is the Balance of Judgment\LOVE~

Offline Beloved Servant

• Gold
  • David's sling
« Reply #193 on: November 04, 2011, 05:14:51 AM »

Selah~

THE LEFT AND THE RIGHT!

Selah!

Offline Taffy

• Gold
« Reply #194 on: November 04, 2011, 05:15:30 AM »

Offline Beloved Servant

• Gold
  • David's sling
« Reply #195 on: November 04, 2011, 05:18:18 AM »
 :icon_flower:

The future is behind us!

Offline Taffy

• Gold
« Reply #196 on: November 04, 2011, 05:20:41 AM »

The future is behind us!

NOWS theres a QUOTE~ yes AMEN~ :bgdance: :bgdance: :bgdance: OPPS IM DANCING~

Offline Beloved Servant

• Gold
  • David's sling
« Reply #197 on: November 04, 2011, 05:24:39 AM »
It really is uncanny how Hollywood gets movies out with spiritual implications long before Its time!

I wish Cardinal was online!

She's got it bagged already.

Offline Taffy

• Gold
« Reply #198 on: November 04, 2011, 05:26:16 AM »
It really is uncanny how Hollywood gets movies out with spiritual implications long before Its time!

I wish Cardinal was online!

She's got it bagged already.

Offline Beloved Servant

• Gold
  • David's sling
« Reply #199 on: November 04, 2011, 05:26:41 AM »

The future is behind us!

NOWS theres a QUOTE~ yes AMEN~ :bgdance: :bgdance: :bgdance: OPPS IM DANCING~

OH DEAR LOVING BELOVED TAFFY!
THAT"S WHY HE TELLS US TO TURN TURN TURN.
I LOVE YOU!