Author Topic: DEMONS~  (Read 11935 times)

Offline Taffy

• Gold
DEMONS~
« on: November 01, 2011, 05:22:16 AM »
These demons who get cast out are REAL right ~ As I know some on this board whos cast themOUT~~~ well heres a thought , a Little like ADEs when Folk Lay on the death BED and Float, SEEING themselves in some PIT CALLED HELL~~ consider ,  the carnal Mind is Drugged, its Under spell, Yikes Guys, Ive  Have that Many Drugs Pumped into me Ive seen Dragons come the walls due To Morphin et all~ Your mind goes NUTS~

even so, these demons,Ive never seen one as  I Just believe they are The doctrines which Bind MEN~~ but for those who DO , I believe that LORD gives US OVER to what we In the carnal MIND WISH TO SEE~~~

Shalom~~
« Last Edit: November 01, 2011, 04:24:05 PM by Taffy »
Isa 29:18 And in that day shall the deaf hear the words of the book, and the eyes of the blind shall see out of obscurity, and out of darkness.

Offline Beloved Servant

• Gold
  • David's sling
Re: DEMONS~
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2011, 06:00:14 AM »
...and give birth to...

Offline Beloved Servant

• Gold
  • David's sling
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2011, 06:01:04 AM »

...for the serpent becomes a dragon.

Offline Taffy

• Gold
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2011, 03:34:35 PM »
Isa 29:18 And in that day shall the deaf hear the words of the book, and the eyes of the blind shall see out of obscurity, and out of darkness.

Offline redhotmagma

• Bronze
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2011, 04:18:38 PM »
the word demon (daimon) originally meant a human who had been deified, it was basically ancestor worship. 

Offline sheila

• Gold
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2011, 06:30:22 PM »
....and they took wives for themselves,and bore them children...giants...men of renoun[ancient gods of world] Nasa names it's programs after them to this day.

it's about spirit and flesh here..tokogae....and EVERY THOUGHT IN MAN'S MIND WAS WICKED ALL THE TIME   is the result of this 'coupling' with

the flesh of man... the Holy spirit is not that way..it operates to thoughts of...whatever is lovely,chaste,goodness,merciful..it restrains sin in flesh

from entering 'heart' to defile and bring forth wicked deeds. The evil contrast 'tool' that Father designed to set up this good/evil expierence,stimulates

negative 'thought' and impulses.in the body of man..you can recognize it by it's fruit...every good and perfect gift comes from God[TOL]

the mystery of godlessness is  this 'tool' void of God's spirit[law of kinds]..that has a contrary[to God] nature of it's own...it is an abomination in our temple's

or bodies[which were and are created for the spirit of God to dwell in..to extol His many virtous qualities. This abomination desolates[destroys] God's

temple's.   we are 'stolen' temple vessel's of God..that the contrary spirit drinks wine of fornication out of. To have this evil spirit in our flesh is a form of

spiritual adultery...and bring forth bastards...offspring of vipers.

Adam 'knew' Eve...'know' denotes intimacy with/one flesh with. partaking in disobediance from the tree of KNOWledge of good and evil...it is how...

sin...seduces then enter's into the flesh/mind of mankind.

Now the flesh 'counts' for nothing...it is all about the good evil exercize of God's spiritual children.    We are double garmented....wool/linen...see Noble wife

in Proverbs. When Father set this up, He made certain no eternal damage would come to His children through it.In the law if a man has a  viscious beast and does not

make allowances to protect the unsuspecting from danger,he is bloodguilty.. They Lamb was slain before the foundations were laid,in accordance with this.

The same for a rooftop haveng a railing to protect. Also,His command....if obeyed would have kept. Loveing God and your fellow man also can 'keep' you

The only area of safety is in and through God. Now satan had an elevated  self-image in heaven,as to who he was,what he was,his purpose and function there

he assumed a lot of things.....Father has been 'cutting' him down to size little by little.. the dragon in heaven..that fought and did Not overcome Michael

and the faithful angels..become the 'serpent' when it overcome the most 'subtil' beast of the field.Named ,the beast, is a terrible blow to satan's ego...

when he finally overcome the saints ,he was named the 'man of sin'..or son of perdition.   And lastly...he has been named a mere 'tool' used by God to

educate His children....which leads us to the mystery of godliness.

The mystery of godliness is this......man is spiritual progency of the eternal one/sons of God, sown in the earth for this exercize. Humbled in flesh, and the weakness of

it,further humbled by 'missing' the mark...called a 'worm' in his flesh stage,bearing His physical image without His power...doomed to death. This has been his

humble pathetic beginnings.Father ,as creator, names His creation,and He has been elevating man by increments....til those He told 'not my people' are

named'YOU ARE THE SONS OF THE LIVING GOD  and YOU RECEIVE THE FREE GIFT OF ETERNAL LIFE.

Hmmmn.....He does turn the tables,doesn't He?

REJOICE THAT HE IS YOUR FATHER....PRAISE HIM FOR ALL HIS WORKS!!!!!    JEHOVAH JIRAH!

Offline WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2011, 08:20:00 PM »
the word demon (daimon) originally meant a human who had been deified, it was basically ancestor worship.
The Hebrew word translated "demons" in verse 17 (שׁד, seed)

Conclusion
In summary, there is no Hebrew word that can be translated as "demons" to communicate what that word implies in English. There does lie behind the Old Testament conception a basic animistic and mythological world view with which the Israelites are in dialog. But they are using the terms and in dialog with such conceptions, not because they accept them or are dominated by them, but precisely to deny the validity of such mythological world views.  The biblical writers use the terms not to accept what they represent but precisely to reject it. It is clear that there was a popular belief among Israelites in such things as ghosts and the mythological creatures of Canaanite religion.  But the biblical tradition as it stands moves beyond such popular mythological conceptions to a vision of a Creator, a sovereign God who is in sole control of the world, and does not share that with anything or anyone. So again, there are no "demons" in the Old Testament, only idols that are rejected as "no-gods."

http://www.crivoice.org/demonsot.html
1 Timothy 2:3-4  ...God our Savior;  Who will have all men to be saved...
John 12:47  And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.
Romans 4:5 But to the one who does not work, but believes in the one who declares the ungodly righteous ...

Offline Nathan

• Gold
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2011, 06:48:02 PM »
's about spirit and flesh here..tokogae....and EVERY THOUGHT IN MAN'S MIND WAS WICKED ALL THE TIME

You know, that's a really great point!!!  When the sons of God slept with the daughters of men, it immediately connects the results of that twisted union to the darkened state of their minds.  It doesn't say anything about invisible beings tormenting humans.  I did a teaching on the origin of demons that Benny Hinn had preached on . . .I went with his tape series.  He believed, don't know if he still does, but he believed they were the disembodied spirits that were the offspring of these fallen angels sleeping with people.  They couldn't die like regular people because they were mixed breed, so when the flood came, their bodies died but they were still bound to the earth and that's why they crave a host.

Now, being where I was at the time, that made perfect sense . . .but now that I think about it, it's the craziest thing I've ever heard.  IF it were to be true, then how on earth did ANY of Noah's decendants ever survive at all?  Because you had the total population of the earth pre-flood that now became "demonized" post-flood . . .millions of people died . . .millions of demons ran rampant . . .but all that was living after that was Noah and his 3 kids.  Sounds like they were at a bit of a disadvantage doesn't it?  And yet, there is no record of any demon activity through out the entire Old Testament . . .you never hear of ANY of it until Jesus shows up . . .

I'm with Taf . . .and I've been on both sides of "demonic" activity and I can still tell you I believe that ALL of it is deriving from someone's mind on one level or another.

But see, ya gotta be careful with what you believe because should you change "one" aspect of your belief, you need to realize that the one little change will have a great ripple affect throughout the rest of what you believe.  Which leads to understanding the devil and where he really resides.  Which again . .for me . .. is the carnal mind in us all.

Offline Beloved Servant

• Gold
  • David's sling
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2011, 07:01:31 PM »

I'm with Taf . . .and I've been on both sides of "demonic" activity and I can still tell you I believe that ALL of it is deriving from someone's mind on one level or another.

Born in captivity.

Offline Beloved Servant

• Gold
  • David's sling
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2011, 07:54:46 PM »

... and under Pharaoh it's the language of a slave.

Offline Molly

• Gold
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2011, 08:15:28 PM »
Seek Me a Woman That Hath a Familiar Spirit, That I May Go to Her, and Enquire of Her.  1 Sam 28:7

Offline Nathan

• Gold
« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2011, 08:26:34 PM »
Man in all of his accomplishments, still has no idea just how powerful the mind truly is.  It can manipulate invisible things with, or without our "conscious" awareness.  I think it has a lot to do with why God was so adamant about his kids to not mess with it.  It opens a pandora's box that can lead into a whole mess of trouble.

Offline Molly

• Gold
« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2011, 08:29:50 PM »
Man in all of his accomplishments, still has no idea just how powerful the mind truly is.  It can manipulate invisible things with, or without our "conscious" awareness.  I think it has a lot to do with why God was so adamant about his kids to not mess with it.  It opens a pandora's box that can lead into a whole mess of trouble.
This is why he ordered those who consorted with familiar spirits be put to death?

But, Jesus healed them and drove out the demons, a different approach.

Leviticus 20:27 A man also or woman that hath a familiar spirit, or that is a wizard [NKJV: a medium], shall surely be put to death: they shall stone them with stones: their blood shall be upon them.

Offline micah7:9

• Gold
  • Mic 7:8 Thou dost not rejoice over me, O mine ene
« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2011, 08:45:40 PM »
...and give birth to...

I do believe the teaching of God's word through Br. Paul said that the creature[man/adam] was MADE....
Rom 8:20  for to vanity was the creation made subject--not of its will, but because of Him who did subject it --in hope,
Rom 8:21  that also the creation itself shall be set free from the servitude of the corruption to the liberty of the glory of the children of God;

Is it a surprise to anyone that it is a woman who is sought?

Seek Me a Woman That Hath a Familiar Spirit, That I May Go to Her, and Enquire of Her.  1 Sam 28:7

2Co 11:3  and I fear, lest, as the serpent did beguile Eve in his subtilty, so your minds may be corrupted from the simplicity that is in the Christ;

Woman- wife H802  ish-shaw', naw-sheem'
The first form is the feminine of H376 or H582; the second form is an irregular plural; a woman (used in the same wide sense as H582).: - [adulter]ess, each, every, female, X many, + none, one, + together, wife, woman. Often unexpressed in English.

We do know that the Word of God is Spirit... so please understand this is not about the female.
1Co 2:14  and the natural man doth not receive the things of the Spirit of God, for to him they are foolishness, and he is not able to know them , because spiritually they are discerned;

Mic 7:8  Thou dost not rejoice over me, O mine enemy, When I have fallen, I have risen, When I sit in darkness Jehovah is a light to me.

Offline Nathan

• Gold
« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2011, 08:54:41 PM »
Amen to all of that!

And Molly, of course it meant death . .but so did adultery. 

But spiritually, it's still death . . .spiritual death . . .as is spiritual adultery. 

Offline Molly

• Gold
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2011, 08:59:22 PM »
Deuteronomy 18:9 When thou art come into the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee, thou shalt not learn to do after the abominations of those nations.
10 There shall not be found among you any one that maketh his son or his daughter to pass through the fire, or that useth divination, or an observer of times, or an enchanter, or a witch.
11 Or a charmer, or a consulter with familiar spirits, or a wizard, or a necromancer.
12 For all that do these things are an abomination unto the LORD: and because of these abominations the LORD thy God doth drive them out from before thee.
13 Thou shalt be perfect with the LORD thy God.
14 For these nations, which thou shalt possess, hearkened unto observers of times, and unto diviners: but as for thee, the LORD thy God hath not suffered thee so to do

So all these people are playing with their own minds?

Offline Beloved Servant

• Gold
  • David's sling
« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2011, 09:35:38 PM »

1 Corinthians 10:11;

These things happened to them as examples and were written down as warnings for us, on whom the fulfillment of the ages has come.

Offline jabcat

• Admin
  • SINNER SAVED BY GRACE
« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2011, 09:37:07 PM »
Deuteronomy 18:9 When thou art come into the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee, thou shalt not learn to do after the abominations of those nations.
10 There shall not be found among you any one that maketh his son or his daughter to pass through the fire, or that useth divination, or an observer of times, or an enchanter, or a witch.
11 Or a charmer, or a consulter with familiar spirits, or a wizard, or a necromancer.
12 For all that do these things are an abomination unto the LORD: and because of these abominations the LORD thy God doth drive them out from before thee.
14 For these nations, which thou shalt possess, hearkened unto observers of times, and unto diviners: but as for thee, the LORD thy God hath not suffered thee so to do

good find and good point.  I agree.  The mind can be deceitful for sure.  Of course it's part of the equation, as documented in the scriptures.  But it's a roaring lion, seeking whom it may devour?  nah...     :icon_joker:
Neither should there be vulgar speech, foolish talk, or coarse jesting--all of which are out of character--but rather thanksgiving.  Eph. 5:4  **  Saved 1John 3.2, Eph. 2:8, John 1:12 - Being saved 2Cor. 4:16 2Peter 3:18 - Will be saved 1Peter 1:5 Romans 8:23

Offline Beloved Servant

• Gold
  • David's sling
« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2011, 09:38:05 PM »

Consider the people of Israel: Do not those who eat the sacrifices participate in the altar?
Do I mean then that a sacrifice offered to an idol is anything, or that an idol is anything?
No, but the sacrifices of pagans are offered to demons, not to God, and I do not want you to be participants with demons.
You cannot drink the cup of the Lord and the cup of demons too; you cannot have a part in both the Lord's table and the table of demons

Offline shawn

• Bronze
« Reply #19 on: November 02, 2011, 09:45:18 PM »

Just a thought (as I am undecided on this subject).  But, maybe playing with minds is exactly what these verses are talking about.  I mean what is psychiatry?  And I speak directly of altering mood with substances, not therapy.  What is drug abuse?  What is manipulation?  It is a form of witchcraft.  I mean what is a necromancer?  Does anyone really believe people can conjur up the dead?  Is this merely more modernized terms for what was being said here?  Don't play with the mind, and don't play with peoples pocketbooks claiming you can contact the dead, or make supernatural events happen by human power (as that is saying you are God-like).  Don't manipulate others, controlling people with your mouth and behaviors.

Offline shawn

• Bronze
« Reply #20 on: November 02, 2011, 09:50:05 PM »

good find and good point.  I agree.  The mind can be deceitful for sure.  Of course it's part of the equation, as documented in the scriptures.  But it's a roaring lion, seeking whom it may devour?  nah...     :icon_joker:

I actually believe that is a terrific description of the mind that is enslaved to sin.  Self seeking, loud, abusive, hateful, slanderous, libelous, lying etc are all descriptions of the mind which is enslaved to sin.  That kind of mind can't love anyone, and hurts anything and anyone in their path.

Offline Beloved Servant

• Gold
  • David's sling
« Reply #21 on: November 02, 2011, 09:53:45 PM »
  Don't manipulate others, controlling people with your mouth and behaviors.

This great 'collective unconscious' mind of man is the god of pagans, soothsayers, humanists, and those who would manipulate mankind.

:thumbsup:

And you could add a few to that list:

Hollywood
Most television
Rock and Roll
Fashion
Wall St.
Mega-churches
Most advertising
Politics

The list is practically endless.

Offline shawn

• Bronze
« Reply #22 on: November 02, 2011, 09:55:01 PM »

Consider the people of Israel: Do not those who eat the sacrifices participate in the altar?
Do I mean then that a sacrifice offered to an idol is anything, or that an idol is anything?
No, but the sacrifices of pagans are offered to demons, not to God, and I do not want you to be participants with demons.
You cannot drink the cup of the Lord and the cup of demons too; you cannot have a part in both the Lord's table and the table of demons

Again, just trying to look at these verses with a bit of a different eye but try this on...

What is idolotry?  Placing anything or anyone above God.  What were the idols they were speaking of?  Images created by the human mind, statues carved by human hands....vain human imaginings.  No one can drink of the Lord's cup and also be led by or in love with vain human imaginings.

Offline shawn

• Bronze
« Reply #23 on: November 02, 2011, 09:56:31 PM »
  Don't manipulate others, controlling people with your mouth and behaviors.

This great 'collective unconscious' mind of man is the god of pagans, soothsayers, humanists, and those who would manipulate mankind.

:thumbsup:

And you could add a few to that list:

Hollywood
Most television
Rock and Roll
Fashion
Wall St.
Mega-churches
Most advertising
Politics

The list is practically endless.

Good stuff...didn't see that.  I would 100% agree.  I have heard it said this kind of behavior is considered witchcraft.

Offline jabcat

• Admin
  • SINNER SAVED BY GRACE
« Reply #24 on: November 02, 2011, 09:56:47 PM »

I actually believe that is a terrific description of the mind that is enslaved to sin.  Self seeking, loud, abusive, hateful, slanderous, libelous, lying etc are all descriptions of the mind which is enslaved to sin.  That kind of mind can't love anyone, and hurts anything and anyone in their path.

I understand what you're saying, but I don't think this is what the verse is primarily describing, or that there is no external adversary as some maintain.  One thing in the scrip I forgot to mention is, "roaming around"...

Again, I agree the mind is part of the equation, but IMO, just a part..

I believe it's often influenced by external factors...as Molly said earlier, that's why we're to put on armor.
Neither should there be vulgar speech, foolish talk, or coarse jesting--all of which are out of character--but rather thanksgiving.  Eph. 5:4  **  Saved 1John 3.2, Eph. 2:8, John 1:12 - Being saved 2Cor. 4:16 2Peter 3:18 - Will be saved 1Peter 1:5 Romans 8:23