Author Topic: Dan.12:4  (Read 5288 times)

Roy Monis

Dan.12:4
« on: June 07, 2009, 04:30:37 PM »
Hi! All, I love ya

I'm back, after a long period of meditation, hoping to contribute something of value to all.

"But as for you, Daniel, CONCEAL these words and SEAL UP the book until the end of time; many will go back and forth, and knowledge will increase."(Dan.12:4).

This is the topic I wish to bring up for discussion. Hundreds of denominations, sects, cults and fringe elements under the umbrella of Christianity are running back and forth in search of the truth to this very day, us included, and not finding it. And knowledge is increasing to the point where man now sits on the moon, and we can communicate by means of this singular invention, the internet. This part of the prophesy is established but what about the specific command from Almighty God Himself to conceal the words and seal up the Book? 

Does what God has to say not matter? How does it stand up to the following fact?
"I saw in the right hand of Him who sat on the throne a book written inside and on the back, sealed up with seven seals. And I saw a strong angel proclaiming with a loud voice, "Who is worthy to open the book and to break its seals?" And no one in heaven or on the earth or under the earth was able to open the book or to look into it. Then I began to weep greatly because no one was found worthy to open the book or to look into it ….and one of the elders *said to me, "Stop weeping; behold, the Lion that Is from the tribe of Judah, the Root of David, has overcome so as to open the book and its seven  seals."(Rev.5:1-5).  The root of David is of course our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.

I have changed the colour to red for emphasis only.

:Egyptdance2::ty: :egyptdance:
Love in Christ Jesus.

Roy  (UK).

Livelystone

Re: Dan.12:4
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2009, 07:04:02 PM »
Running back and forth and having an increase of knowledge goo hand in hand and are part of the method spoken of by Isaiah in chapter 28 as "here a little and there a little" .

Jesus spoke of some of us gaining knowledge in this manner in the following verse.

Matthew 13:52
Then said he unto them, Therefore every scribe which is instructed unto the kingdom of heaven is like unto a man that is an householder, which bringeth forth out of his treasure things new and old

Blessings

Roy Monis

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2009, 02:36:06 PM »
What you're saying is an assumption. Jesus always quoted the Scripture when it referred to something said by a prophet and there is no mention of Isaiah in the dialogue of Dan.12:4. We must keep strictly to the words in the Scriptures.

And you have not addressed the main point raised. The words in the Book are concealed and the Book itself is sealed and no one in heaven, in or under the earth is able to open or look into it other than the Lion of Judah - Jesus Christ.

Love in Christ

Roy

Livelystone

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2009, 03:37:35 PM »
What you're saying is an assumption. Jesus always quoted the Scripture when it referred to something said by a prophet and there is no mention of Isaiah in the dialogue of Dan.12:4. We must keep strictly to the words in the Scriptures.

And you have not addressed the main point raised. The words in the Book are concealed and the Book itself is sealed and no one in heaven, in or under the earth is able to open or look into it other than the Lion of Judah - Jesus Christ.

Love in Christ

Roy

LOL........ you sound like a "any verse out of context is pretext" kinda guy

Until the method taught by Isaiah in chapter 28 as well as by Jesus and the Apostles for applying God's Laws to God's Word for determining spiritual wisdom are understood things will continue to remain concealed to God's children.......... as they apparently have been to you

Blessings

Doug

Roy Monis

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2009, 03:23:03 PM »
Dear Doug

I get your point.

All through the generations from Noah, Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, Moses, and Our Lord Jesus Christ Himself one thing stands out very clearly and that is:-
"Trust in the Lord with your whole heart and do not lean on your own understanding" (Pro.3:5). Leaning on your own understanding by my way of thinking is relying on your intellect. But man's intellect we are told is enmity toward God, ""…because the mind set on the flesh is hostile toward God; for it does not subject itself to the law of God, for it is not even able to do so." (Rom.8:7)..

Is not studying something to do with the'intellect' and as such the physical world and 'trust in the Lord' to do with the spiritual realm, as demonstrated by Joshua, Caleb and our Lord Jesus Christ Himself? None of them did anything under their own initiative. So how does studying (intellect) equate with the Scritures here?

If you learned gentlemen and children of God are so sure of yourselves then I must be doing wrong by trying to follow Our Lord Jesus Christ's set example of exercising HUMILITY - OBEDIENCE - SUBMISSION TO THE FATHER's WILL as a matter of prime importance, "THEN I SAID, 'BEHOLD, I HAVE COME (IN THE SCROLL OF THE BOOK IT IS WRITTEN OF ME) TO DO YOUR WILL, O GOD.' "(Heb.10:6) and "I can do nothing on My own initiative. As I hear, I judge; and My judgment is just,because I do not seek My own will, but the will of Him who sent Me." ( Jn.5:30). These are the Father's Laws or Jesus would not have followed them so rigidly.

And when you imply, by quoting (Isa.28:9-13), that I'm falling backward and being taken captive and as such not a child of God. Just think, is HUMILITY your strong point brother?

Love

Roy  (UK)

Offline WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2009, 03:44:12 PM »
"Trust in the Lord with your whole heart and do not lean on your own understanding" (Pro.3:5). Leaning on your own understanding by my way of thinking is relying on your intellect. But man's intellect we are told is enmity toward God, ""…because the mind set on the flesh is hostile toward God; for it does not subject itself to the law of God, for it is not even able to do so." (Rom.8:7)..

And this verse command you to use your intelect.....
2 Timothy 2:15  Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.
1 Timothy 2:3-4  ...God our Savior;  Who will have all men to be saved...
John 12:47  And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.
Romans 4:5 But to the one who does not work, but believes in the one who declares the ungodly righteous ...

Livelystone

« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2009, 05:06:13 PM »
But man's intellect we are told is enmity toward God,

I agree and that is why God gave us laws on how to come to understanding the spiritual aspect of God and His Word whom are both spirit.......... Only now in these latter days as said by Daniel are just a few people learning how to apply those laws that lawfully remove verses from context going "here and there" aka "to and fro" reassembling them line line upon line in accordance to precept (law) upon law (precept).

This why Paul said that the law is a schoolteacher to bring us to Christ......... one cannot come to be Christ without the knowledge of Christ........... For sure the Holy Spirt can allow us to hear the things we need to hear but we also hear from the enemy and through what I have just shared can one definitely determine the origin of the voice we hear........ whether it is of God or a ministering spirit transformed to appear and sound that it is from God such as how ET and raptures along with pearly gates gained so much momentum within the church

If the church had been doing this "to and fro" all along the doctrine of ET would have never come to be

I hope that helps

Blessings

Doug

Roy Monis

« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2009, 05:59:04 PM »
Sorry Whitewings

Which Bible are you quoting 2 Tim.2:15 from? I guess it is the KJV. The word also appears in (Ezra 7:10) and (Ps.11:2) but if you will please take the trouble to check the little number accompanying the word 'study' in the text you'll find that it's not in the original Scriptures and has been incorrectly used in all cases.

The words that should be used are examine, check out, inspect, look over carefully, observe, be diligent etc. just as in (1Thess.5:21) and as the Bereans did in (Acts 17:11) but certainly not study. I think the KJV is the only version that still uses the word 'study' and a lot more such as 'HELL' which I do believe you disagree with, as I do.   

In my Bible it correctly says,  "Be diligent to present yourself approved to God as a workman who does not need to be ashamed, accurately handling the word of truth." (2Tim.2:15).

Love

Roy

Offline WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2009, 06:26:56 PM »
I check about 40 Bibles and 4 non KJV version use study.
I agree with that.
But for me that doesn't remove the intention of studying.
The verse commands that we try to be/get approved in the eyes of God.
But to do the will of God we have to know the will of God. And imo we can only understand/know that will by studying.
Just looking at a closed Bible won't do. For me reading and re-reading again and again, cross referencing verses, checking the meaning of words etc is studying.....
1 Timothy 2:3-4  ...God our Savior;  Who will have all men to be saved...
John 12:47  And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.
Romans 4:5 But to the one who does not work, but believes in the one who declares the ungodly righteous ...

Offline Cardinal

• < Moderator >
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2009, 07:07:03 PM »
But man's intellect we are told is enmity toward God,

I agree and that is why God gave us laws on how to come to understanding the spiritual aspect of God and His Word whom are both spirit.......... Only now in these latter days as said by Daniel are just a few people learning how to apply those laws that lawfully remove verses from context going "here and there" aka "to and fro" reassembling them line line upon line in accordance to precept (law) upon law (precept).

This why Paul said that the law is a schoolteacher to bring us to Christ......... one cannot come to be Christ without the knowledge of Christ........... For sure the Holy Spirt can allow us to hear the things we need to hear but we also hear from the enemy and through what I have just shared can one definitely determine the origin of the voice we hear........ whether it is of God or a ministering spirit transformed to appear and sound that it is from God such as how ET and raptures along with pearly gates gained so much momentum within the church

If the church had been doing this "to and fro" all along the doctrine of ET would have never come to be

I hope that helps

Blessings

Doug

:cloud9: There is such life in these statements. And what hit me as I read this, is this is why also that Satan is said to walk to and fro in the earth (the letter is as the creation also), but because he is not of the right Spirit with it (his motive is to kill, steal, and destroy) he distorts it, and is incapable of "seeing" the precepts. :thumbsup: Blessings...
"I would rather train twenty men to pray, than a thousand to preach; A minister's highest mission ought to be to teach his people to pray." -H. MacGregor

Roy Monis

« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2009, 08:09:57 PM »
I agree and that is why God gave us laws on how to come to understanding the spiritual aspect of God and His Word whom are both spirit..........
Your quote
I agree Doug.

But our Lord Jesus Christ demonstrated His Father's law for us, and that was Humility, Obedience and Submissivenes to His will by reducing Himself to a mere human being. "THEN I SAID, 'BEHOLD, I HAVE COME (IN THE SCROLL OF THE BOOK IT IS WRITTEN OF ME) TO DO YOUR WILL, O GOD.' "(Heb.10:6). If we abide by that, He has promised, "I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you. After a little while the world will no longer see Me, but you will see Me; because I live, you will live also. In that day you will know that I am in My Father, and you in Me, and I in you. He who has My commandments and keeps them is the one who loves Me; and he who loves Me will be loved by My Father, and I will love him and will disclose Myself to him..........But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all that I said to you. Peace I leave with you; My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Do not let your heart be troubled, nor let it be fearful." (Jn.14:18-21,26-27). This also is Spirit and if we have this we also have His peace and need not be troubled or fearful of any other spirit misleading us.

Love

Roy   (UK)

Roy Monis

« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2009, 09:19:02 PM »
Brother Whitewings

I never said don't read your Bible. I am 89 years old and I have read the Old and New Testaments possibly a thousand or more times cover to cover over and over again but I have never studied it. By study I mean a deep study. A certain amount of intellect is necessary in order to read it, that is of course accepted. The Bible is God's Holy Word and belongs in God's realm. Man's intellect belongs in the natural world. The two worlds are wide apart as God says through Isaiah. "For My thoughts are not your thoughts, nor are your ways My ways," declares the LORD. "For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are My ways higher than your ways and My thoughts than your thoughts."   (Isa.55:8-9) and enmity to one another, "…because the mind set on the flesh is hostile toward God; for it does not subject itself to the law of God, for it is not even able to do so." (Rom.8:7).

Why did God command Moses to remove the sandals from of his feet before he stepped on to His holy mountain? Was it because of a mark of respect only or was there some higher purpose?

What did Moses a highly intellectual man, brought up and educated in two vastly different religions and cultures, carry in those sandals other than his physical body? Was it not his most treasured possession - intellect - with all that abundance of preconceived ideas and values? Without this he would be reduced to the intellectual level of a mere child. Is that not what God expected of him? Jesus said, if you recall,  "Truly I say to you, whoever does not receive the kingdom of God like a child will not enter it at all." [color]..(Luke 18:17).

Love

Roy        (UK)

Roy Monis

« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2009, 09:54:31 PM »
Dear Cardinal

I don't quite follow what you are driving at here. I would be oblidged if you  would rephrase your statement a bit more clearly so I can understand it.

Is it just a passing observation or is it directed at someone specifically, me for example?

Love

Roy  (UK)

Roy Monis

« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2009, 10:11:44 PM »
Livelystone

Can you tell me why God commanded his words to be concealed and the Book closed?

Love

Roy   (UK)

Livelystone

« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2009, 03:06:17 AM »
Livelystone

Can you tell me why God commanded his words to be concealed and the Book closed?

Love

Roy   (UK)

Simply put and without having to be assumed because there were certain persons whom would reveal the truth unto others and that revelation would not come until that period of time that Jesus spoke of as "in the third day" that corresponds with the 7th day of when God rested from His work !!!.......... everything points to the 7th day from creation that is a time that is now upon us.

Paul spoke of those things sealed up as "mysteries" and used the term of himself and others spoken in the phrase "born out of due time" that translated means born early before the the time of the expected birth because Paul knew that he and the few others like him were a prophecy of a ministry whose time had not yet come at the time he penned that statement.

However that time is now and those with the Spirit of Christ Jesus within them that is the spirit of prophecy and whom understand the spiritual aspect of the law are the ones "of the church" are revealing to the world what has been sealed up for all these years.

Paul said so in the following verse

Ephesians 3:10
To the intent that now unto the principalities and powers in heavenly places might be known by the church the manifold wisdom of God,

Blessings to you Roy

Doug

Offline Molly

• Gold
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2009, 06:02:46 AM »
 1I WAITED patiently and expectantly for the Lord; and He inclined to me and heard my cry.

2He drew me up out of a horrible pit [a pit of tumult and of destruction], out of the miry clay (froth and slime), and set my feet upon a rock, steadying my steps and establishing my goings.

3And He has put a new song in my mouth, a song of praise to our God. Many shall see and fear (revere and worship) and put their trust and confident reliance in the Lord.

4Blessed (happy, fortunate, to be envied) is the man who makes the Lord his refuge and trust, and turns not to the proud or to followers of false gods.

5Many, O Lord my God, are the wonderful works which You have done, and Your thoughts toward us; no one can compare with You! If I should declare and speak of them, they are too many to be numbered.

6Sacrifice and offering You do not desire, nor have You delight in them; You have given me the capacity to hear and obey [Your law, a more valuable service than] burnt offerings and sin offerings [which] You do not require.

7Then said I, Behold, I come; in the volume of the book it is written of me;

8 I delight to do Your will, O my God; yes, Your law is within my heart.

--Psa 40

8When He said just before, You have neither desired, nor have You taken delight in sacrifices and offerings and burnt offerings and sin offerings--all of which are offered according to the Law--

9He then went on to say, Behold, [here] I am, coming to do Your will. Thus He does away with and annuls the first (former) order [as a means of expiating sin] so that He might inaugurate and establish the second (latter) order.

10And in accordance with this will [of God], we have been made holy (consecrated and sanctified) through the offering made once for all of the body of Jesus Christ (the Anointed One).

--Hebrews 10

9 If the ministry that condemns men is glorious, how much more glorious is the ministry that brings righteousness! 10For what was glorious has no glory now in comparison with the surpassing glory. 11And if what was fading away came with glory, how much greater is the glory of that which lasts!

--2 Cor 3

...Behold, I come; in the volume of the book it is written of me;

8 I delight to do Your will, O my God; yes, Your law is within my heart.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2009, 06:08:03 AM by Molly »

Offline Cardinal

• < Moderator >
« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2009, 08:51:54 AM »
Dear Cardinal

I don't quite follow what you are driving at here. I would be oblidged if you  would rephrase your statement a bit more clearly so I can understand it.

Is it just a passing observation or is it directed at someone specifically, me for example?

Love

Roy  (UK)

:cloud9: Hi Roy.......it was a passing observation about the law and the scripture the Lord quickened to me about Satan when I read it. It had NOTHING to do with you or anybody else. Sorry if it looked that way. Blessings....
"I would rather train twenty men to pray, than a thousand to preach; A minister's highest mission ought to be to teach his people to pray." -H. MacGregor

Roy Monis

« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2009, 11:57:51 AM »
Thank you Cardinal

It is gracious of you.

Love

Roy

Roy Monis

« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2009, 12:52:34 PM »
Forgive my ignorance brother Livelystone but I don't know how to add a quote from your response to my reply so I'll just paste it here: " Jesus spoke of as "in the third day" that corresponds with the 7th day of when God rested from His work !!!.......... everything points to the 7th day from creation that is a time that is now upon us." And: "Paul spoke of those things sealed up as "mysteries" and used the term of himself and others spoken in the phrase "born out of due time" that translated means born early before the the time of the expected birth because Paul knew that he and the few others like him were a prophecy of a ministry whose time had not yet come at the time he penned that statement."
"In the third day that corresponds with the 7th day" Is that not an assuption on your part, where is the Scripture to verify this? And "born out of due time translated means early before the the time of the expected birth because Paul knew that he and the few others like him were a prophecy of a ministry whose time had not yet come at the time he penned that statement." Is this not reading something into the Scripture that isn't there?

Love

Roy   (UK)

Livelystone

« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2009, 01:25:56 PM »
Hi Roy

It has been so long since I have written on the "days" so someone else here may be a better source for explaining it

Basically a day is a thousand years and vice versa and by Biblical dating we have now gone through about 6000 years (same as 6 days) since the  story of Adam and Eve......... something like 2500 years to Moses, 1500 until Christ and 2000 since Christ......... on the seventh day God rested and His Work is complete. His complete work is what He stated would come to be when man is not just in the image of God but also in the likeness too (Ge.1: 26) is fulfilled ........ Man in the image and likeness of God is Jesus Christ who is the first of many.

Jesus said that in three days he would rebuild the temple and the only temple that Jesus is concerned of is the Temple of the Body that He is the Head of that until the "individual members" are the same as the head "Jesus the "temple that includes His Body" is not complete"

We have gone through the two days that He does cures in and now that we have entered into the period of the third day when the temple (us) "will be complete" (depending on the starting date) or are right at the dawn of it so consequently we are seeing the increase of knowledge that it will take to fulfill Hebrews 1-3 (and spoken of in the verse you quoted from Daniel) necessary before one is moved forward by God into perfection as spoken of in the third verse.

Is there any perfection found in anything less than Jesus who is the pattern son whom we are to be in both the image and likeness of?........ no there is not until Christ be formed in us as the day star that rises from within us from the seed that is Christ given unto us through our Pentecostal experience (being baptized in the Holy Spirit) that is the start of our journey from seed to fruit bearing tree so that the body (us) is no different than the head (Jesus).

Are you understanding what I am saying?......... I am a slow typer but if I am getting to far ahead of what you currently "see" in God's purpose and plan for man then I need to back track some.......

Blessings

Doug
« Last Edit: June 10, 2009, 01:31:46 PM by Livelystone »

Livelystone

« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2009, 01:29:07 PM »
BTW Roy you can make simple quotes just by first copy and paste the section you want as you are already doing and then highlight it followed by clicking the quote button second from the right on the bottom line of control buttons.  :thumbsup:

Roy Monis

« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2009, 04:59:48 PM »

Sister Molly

The Scriptures you quote emphasise my point: "Trust in the Lord with your whole heart and do not lean on your own understanding" . Our Lord Jesus Christ demonstrated the Father's requirements: HUMILITY - OBEDIENCE - SUBMISSIVENESS TO THE FATHER's WILL. (Heb.10:6).

Further to that I cannot see any useful purpose being served in the unnecessary probing into the Scriptures. God's assurance should be enough and His warnings heeded:"These things I have written to you concerning those who are trying to deceive you. As for you, the anointing which you received from Him abides in you, and you have no need for anyone to teach you; but as His anointing teaches you about all things, and is true and is not a lie, and just as it has taught you, you abide in Him."  (1Jn.2:26-27). We'd do well to take heed of what we read.

His assurance of our salvation if we abide by His rules should be sufficient for anyone: "…seeing that His divine power has granted to us everything pertaining to life and godliness, through the true knowledge of Him who called us by His own glory and excellence. For by these He has granted to us His precious and magnificent promises, so that by them you may become partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world by lust. Now for this very reason also, applying all diligence, in your faith supply moral excellence, and in your moral excellence, knowledge, and in your knowledge, self-control, and in your self-control, perseverance, and in your perseverance, godliness, and in your godliness, brotherly kindness, your brotherly kindness, love. For if these qualities are yours and are increasing, they render you neither useless nor unfruitful in the true knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. For he who lacks these qualities is blind or short-sighted, having forgotten his purification from his former sins. Therefore, brethren, be all the more diligent to make certain about His calling and choosing you; for as long as you practice these things, you will never stumble;  for in this way the entrance into the eternal kingdom of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ will be abundantly supplied to you." (2Pet.1:3-11)

The message seems clear. Live your life in accord with the law that our Lord Jesus Christ demonstrated, and what the Father expects of you, and you have no need to worry about mysteries being revealed and who is and who isn't a child of God. We are all His children, remember, and He will bring us all, regardless, into His kingdom in His good pleasure.
"For it is for this we labor and strive, because we have fixed our hope on the living God, who is the Savior of all men, especially of believers." (1Tim.4:10)

We must constantly bear in mind that His thoughts and ways are not the same as ours, and that what He says will be: "For My thoughts are not your thoughts, nor are your ways My ways," declares the Lord. "For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are My ways higher than your ways and My thoughts than your thoughts. For as the rain and the snow come down from heaven, and do not return there without watering the earth and making it bear and sprout, and furnishing seed to the sower and bread to the eater; so will My word be which goes forth from My mouth; it will not return to Me empty, without accomplishing what I desire, and without succeeding in the matter for which I sent it. (Isa.55:8-11).
"Turn to Me and be saved, all the ends of the earth; for I am God, and there is no other. I have sworn by Myself, the word has gone forth from My mouth in righteousness and will not turn back, that to Me every knee will bow, every tongue will swear allegiance." (Isa.45:22-23).

The main ingredient is LOVE all else fades into insignificance: "For now we see in a mirror dimly, but then face to face; now I know in part, but then I will know fully just as I also have been fully known. But now faith, hope, love, abide these three; but the greatest of these is love." (1Cor.13:12-13)

Love 

Roy   (UK)

Offline Cardinal

• < Moderator >
« Reply #22 on: June 10, 2009, 05:01:20 PM »
 :cloud9: This is what He's shown me regarding the days, too, Doug.  :thumbsup: Blessings....

Offline Cardinal

• < Moderator >
« Reply #23 on: June 10, 2009, 05:15:08 PM »
Further to that I cannot see any useful purpose being served in the unnecessary probing into the Scriptures.

:cloud9: Hi Roy......I don't want to discourage you in any way, but this time I am addressing something you said here. There is GREAT benefit in probing into the scriptures, as, the words of the Word, and even the individual letters have meanings that the translator's for all their good intentions missed and therefore do not line up with God's actual thought on the subject.

In addition to that, there is a richness of meaning in the Hebrew language especially, that just is not possible in any other language, because of it's origin. And if only for that reason alone, it bears intense scrutiny so that thoughts contained in these "little pictures" He has painted for us, can be followed thru to see more clearly where they have their place in the NT (more imperfect as far as fullness of expression), Greek.

NOT doing this, has led to many errors in doctrine already, and almost a complete lack of understanding of references pertinent to Jewish feasts, ect. in the NT, which we need to fully see the types and shadows come to life. Blessings to you....

Livelystone

« Reply #24 on: June 10, 2009, 06:22:45 PM »
Further to that I cannot see any useful purpose being served in the unnecessary probing into the Scriptures. God's assurance should be enough and His warnings heeded

Amen His warnings should be sufficient and not only that His commandments are just that...........  commandments

Jeremiah 9:20
Yet hear the word of the LORD, O ye women, and let your ear receive the word of his mouth, and teach your daughters wailing, and every one her neighbour lamentation.

Matthew 4:4
But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.

And because you speak of love in all your posts..............

John 14:21
He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.

2 Timothy 2:15
Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

And about those warnings

Hosea 4:6
My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge, I will also reject thee, that thou shalt be no priest to me: seeing thou hast forgotten the law of thy God, I will also forget thy child.

Have I made myself very clear Roy?........ I want you to understand that not only does not seeking the truth of the mysteries lead to apostasy it has been the lack of knowledge that has caused the Glory of God to depart from the church

Finally and getting back to love and what Jesus said about it that I quoted above.......

He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me

It is very simple to see that those who do keep His commandments and do not search out the Word to show themselves approved before God are not only not approved.......... they really do not love Him as they think that they do.. :winkgrin:

So Roy would you agree that if we do have to make this point again we can continue to move forward together in obedience to God while learning knowledge and uncovering the mysteries?

Blessings

Doug
« Last Edit: June 10, 2009, 06:34:49 PM by Livelystone »