Author Topic: Damnationists Say The Darnest Things  (Read 2032 times)

Offline aaronclark1989

• Full
Damnationists Say The Darnest Things
« on: November 19, 2012, 09:45:23 PM »
You know ever since I come to believe in univseral salvation I find myself to be very anti hell. Whenever I hear some Christian talk about Hell I always fell the need to go to town on their butt. I like to watch Atheist stuff on youtube and in the comments there is always some Damnationist Christian who has to say something like "One day Jesus will throw you into Hell and then you will pay you ignorant atheist fools." or something similar.

Anyone I was recently in a comment coversation with a Damnationist Christian over the this Hell stuff. And I told this person that the Bible in its original lanuages does not contain the concept of eternal punishment. And then this person told me I was wrong. And I said back to them study Greek. And then they said why would I do that? And I responded to them with eternal damnation insanlt found in the Greek translation anyware. And then they said the darnest thing and that is I dont need Greek I need God. After that whole thing my brain started to really hurt.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2012, 07:07:46 AM by reFORMer »

Offline ded2daworld

• Silver
  • What if today we were just grateful for everything
Re: Damnationists Say The Darnest Things
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2012, 10:10:16 PM »
I too go on you tube and listen to some of the creationist/ damnation/atheist debates.
Just today I apologised to some atheists that some christians are plain crazy and not loving.
True, atheists call me names, mock me and call me stupid and brainwashed.
But when I see some of the things "christians" say to them, I don't blame them for
labeling us all as hateful, narrow minded, bigots. After all they don't know any better.
Jesus loves them so I must too.
"Why do so many people think that the Bible is only inspired at certain points -  and that  THEY are inspired to pick out which points?"

Offline reFORMer

• < Moderator >
  • Psalm 133
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2012, 07:35:16 AM »
". . . they said the darnedest thing and that is I don't need Greek I need God. After that whole thing my brain started to really hurt.

[10] He that believeth on the Son of God hath the witness in himself: he that believeth not God hath made him a liar; because he believeth not the record that God gave of his Son. [11] And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. (1 John 510-11, KJV)

One of the areas under attack is the mutual support between the scripture, which is God's record of, literally His "testimony" to the Son, and God's own person.  The Bible and God are in agreement.  This doesn't mean we always understand either one.  But, we can't allow the idea become established in our minds that there's some kind of war between scripture and God lest the devil get his foot in the door.

One thing to notice is that most of the people who say, "We believe the Bible" have learned to say that from others who say it without actually checking to see if what they believe is ever directly stated in the Word.  Too often people accept teachers claiming to properly interpret scripture by explaining it away, teaching what God meant to say, rather than what He actually said according to what is written.  What they believe has been determined by their parents, their friends, their Pastor and the people there, or some minister in the media.  This is part of why they are so little influenced by what we show them is written.  The Bible isn't what determines the content of their faith.

Another thing that weakens them to not believe what is clearly scripture when it's shown to them is they believe determining such things belongs to their Pastor or TV authority.  They are men of God.  By comparison, when we gather together our own presence doesn't make any difference in the outcome of the meeting.  We have no voice.  In practice we are treated as though we have nothing, even though the God of the Universe has taken up residency within us.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2012, 07:37:25 AM by reFORMer »
I went to church; but, the Church wasn't on the program!  JESUS WANTS HIS BODY BACK!!  MEET WITHOUT HUMAN HEADSHIP!!!

Offline lomarah

• Silver
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2012, 02:06:00 PM »
Ha! Wow!   :dsunny:
From Him and through Him and to Him are all things.

Offline Paul L

• Est
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2012, 02:48:55 PM »
You know ever since I come to believe in univseral salvation I find myself to be very anti hell. Whenever I hear some Christian talk about Hell I always fell the need to go to town on their butt. I like to watch Atheist stuff on youtube and in the comments there is always some Damnationist Christian who has to say something like "One day Jesus will throw you into Hell and then you will pay you ignorant atheist fools." or something similar.

Anyone I was recently in a comment coversation with a Damnationist Christian over the this Hell stuff. And I told this person that the Bible in its original lanuages does not contain the concept of eternal punishment. And then this person told me I was wrong. And I said back to them study Greek. And then they said why would I do that? And I responded to them with eternal damnation insanlt found in the Greek translation anyware. And then they said the darnest thing and that is I dont need Greek I need God. After that whole thing my brain started to really hurt.

I understand exactly where you are coming from. My wife & I are members of the American Baptist church in our locale. They are a much different group as distinguished from those in your commentary. We never hear sermons about eternal torment (ET) among the members, the overiding message is one of acceptance of Christ as Savior. We were married in this church many years ago, we remain in it because it does not cater to the ET mindset, we have many friends there & we never get into the negativism that so many fundamentalists love to dwell on that makes them feel so superior to everyone else.

I'd suggest if you are looking for Christian fellowship, give the American Baptist affiliation a try & if discussions about ET come up, just bow out & don't say a word, but in my case it has never come up because most in our circle of fellowship are completely "neutral" on the issue.

Offline ded2daworld

• Silver
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2012, 03:43:16 PM »
Yep. Calvary Chapels are very close to the same. Because they believe in expository preaching of the Word from Genesis to Revelation, the subject of "hell" only comes up as infrequently as it is mentioned in the Bible. Same with Giving, they don't even take up an offering, just a box with a slit at the back of the church and it's mentioned it's back there about once per month.
"Why do so many people think that the Bible is only inspired at certain points -  and that  THEY are inspired to pick out which points?"

Offline Lazarus Short

• Bronze
  • The truth points to itself. -Kosh Naranek
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2012, 12:04:27 AM »
That's an interesting and amusing term:  "damnationist" - it almost sounds like a denominational label.  I encountered "Apocalypticalist" just this morning in relation to 12/21/12.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2012, 12:07:33 AM by Lazarus Short »
Socrates taught Plato.  Plato taught Aristotle.  Aristotle tutored the son of Philip of Macedon.  This boy grew up to become Alexander the Great, largely by slaughtering a lot of people.  That's philosophy.

Jesus spoke the Truth.  He blessed the poor.  He healed the sick.  He even raised the dead.  He died on a cross for us, lived again, and came back long enough to tell us to love one another.  That's religion.

Offline eaglesway

• < Moderator >
  • Grace & Peace be multiplied unto you, in Jesus
    • Hell is a Myth.com
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2012, 07:00:32 AM »
I am therefore an apokastasisalist I guess :o)
The Logos is complete, but it is not completely understood. hellisamyth.webs.com

Offline reFORMer

• < Moderator >
  • Psalm 133
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2012, 07:27:31 AM »
An "Apocatastasisist". . .
I went to church; but, the Church wasn't on the program!  JESUS WANTS HIS BODY BACK!!  MEET WITHOUT HUMAN HEADSHIP!!!

Offline eaglesway

• < Moderator >
    • Hell is a Myth.com
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2012, 07:32:10 AM »

or an Apokatallassoist

Lassoist meaning Jesus will eventually draw all men unto himself  :laughing7:

The Logos is complete, but it is not completely understood. hellisamyth.webs.com

Offline reFORMer

• < Moderator >
  • Psalm 133
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2012, 07:46:29 AM »

or an Apokatallassoist

Lassoist meaning Jesus will eventually draw all men unto himself  :laughing7:

"Yipee-Ki-Yi-Yea!!!"
« Last Edit: November 24, 2012, 06:41:41 AM by reFORMer »

Offline Lazarus Short

• Bronze
« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2012, 04:49:28 PM »
You guys are funny! :LH:
Socrates taught Plato.  Plato taught Aristotle.  Aristotle tutored the son of Philip of Macedon.  This boy grew up to become Alexander the Great, largely by slaughtering a lot of people.  That's philosophy.

Jesus spoke the Truth.  He blessed the poor.  He healed the sick.  He even raised the dead.  He died on a cross for us, lived again, and came back long enough to tell us to love one another.  That's religion.

Offline eaglesway

• < Moderator >
    • Hell is a Myth.com
« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2012, 12:48:16 AM »
 :banana: :banana:

Offline VineBranch

« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2012, 10:12:19 PM »
I too go on you tube and listen to some of the creationist/ damnation/atheist debates.

Sorry ded, could you explain the creationst part of that statement?  I don't mean to sound weird, but I don't know why they are in that list.

Offline VineBranch

« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2012, 10:19:35 PM »
That's an interesting and amusing term:  "damnationist" - it almost sounds like a denominational label.  I encountered "Apocalypticalist" just this morning in relation to 12/21/12.

That sounds strangely like like someone using an exercise machine to me, something elliptical.

Offline ded2daworld

• Silver
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2012, 10:27:13 PM »
VB - it seems on you tube, that if you say you are a creationist, (as opposed to an evolutionist) a horde of evolutionists/atheists will flood reply posts to you mocking you and calling you stupid, insane, flatearther, anti-science, or Joking.
They then try to "debate" you. Not with any facts, but the "everyone knows" and "evolution is proven scientific fact" and another round of name calling and intelligence questioning.
I guess basically what I meant was it doesn't matter what you post under any you tube video - someone will give you an opposite response. There are some (I'm supposing unemployed dropouts) that have nothing better to do with their time than to Baa-a-a with the rest of the sheep. :dontknow:
There are plenty of damnationists videos on you tube -repugnant and repelling -driving people away because of the sadistic, cruel, sick God of the ET'ers
« Last Edit: December 04, 2012, 10:34:11 PM by ded2daworld »

Offline VineBranch

« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2012, 11:50:30 PM »
VB - it seems on you tube, that if you say you are a creationist, (as opposed to an evolutionist) a horde of evolutionists/atheists will flood reply posts to you mocking you and calling you stupid, insane, flatearther, anti-science, or Joking.
There are plenty of damnationists videos on you tube -repugnant and repelling -driving people away because of the sadistic, cruel, sick God of the ET'ers

Right, thanks.  You'll excuse me if I am not in a great hurry to watch any of these.

Offline Lazarus Short

• Bronze
« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2012, 03:13:03 AM »

That sounds strangely like like someone using an exercise machine to me, something elliptical.

A friend of mine refers to exercise machines as "home torture equipment."  :laughing7:

Offline Lazarus Short

• Bronze
« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2012, 03:15:47 AM »
They then try to "debate" you. Not with any facts, but the "everyone knows" and "evolution is proven scientific fact" and another round of name calling and intelligence questioning.
I guess basically what I meant was it doesn't matter what you post under any you tube video - someone will give you an opposite response. There are some (I'm supposing unemployed dropouts) that have nothing better to do with their time than to Baa-a-a with the rest of the sheep. :dontknow:

Jeff - the correct term for these people is "Trolls," and if they get paid, "Schills."  The www is full of them.  A thick skin helps, I know.

Offline VineBranch

« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2012, 04:02:31 AM »
A friend of mine refers to exercise machines as "home torture equipment."  :laughing7:

Therefore we won't have to exercise in eternity because that would be eternal torment ..... yeeeaaaahhh!!!! :banana:  Please tell me this banana isn't exercising, but just being jubilant.

Offline Lazarus Short

• Bronze
« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2012, 04:15:05 AM »

Therefore we won't have to exercise in eternity because that would be eternal torment ..... yeeeaaaahhh!!!! :banana:  Please tell me this banana isn't exercising, but just being jubilant.

Yeah, howdy!  Your post made me laugh out LOUD!  Still chuckling...  No, we will not "exercise," just take quiet walks in the woods, etc.  I'm rather fond of that banana myself, and on another site they have a blue one.

Offline VineBranch

« Reply #21 on: December 05, 2012, 06:55:39 AM »
Yeah, howdy!  Your post made me laugh out LOUD!  Still chuckling...  No, we will not "exercise," just take quiet walks in the woods, etc.  I'm rather fond of that banana myself, and on another site they have a blue one.

A big blue bent banana?  It just doesn't get better than that.