Author Topic: Confession~  (Read 2642 times)

Offline Taffy

• Gold
Confession~
« on: November 03, 2011, 03:18:20 AM »
ya Know Guys# we all growing, sometimes are words maybe perceived to Be harsh and INsulting~ im sure many here mean  they  DONT do this Purposely~ even so, its how its perceived

well heres the Reality~~ if walk In the Spirit, the Flesh is dead# as Its only the Flesh[ sences] which take offence~ so ask yourself thye next time when YOU ,Yes YOU\US feel Insulted~ Stephen is a Witness to US ALL, who states "NO CHARGE" to their account ~ as its only the Ignorance of the Flesh which is offended~~ Shalom
« Last Edit: November 03, 2011, 04:15:11 AM by Taffy »
Isa 29:18 And in that day shall the deaf hear the words of the book, and the eyes of the blind shall see out of obscurity, and out of darkness.

Offline Taffy

• Gold
Re: Confession~
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2011, 04:17:05 AM »
 :icon_flower:

I ask THIS~ How can LOVE take OFFENCE?
Isa 29:18 And in that day shall the deaf hear the words of the book, and the eyes of the blind shall see out of obscurity, and out of darkness.

Offline Beloved Servant

• Gold
  • David's sling
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2011, 04:17:26 AM »
Shalom, Taffy!

Jesus Christ, the firstborn Son of God, is the Prince of Peace. Jesus Christ, the Prince of Peace, resides within His elect, the body of Christ. 
With Christ in our lives God has given us the role of peacemakers in this world.  Has it occurred to you what it is a peacemaker does? 

A peacemaker is expected to MAKE PEACE!  If you fulfill what Jesus said about peacemakers, you will be blessed indeed.  You will be called the sons of God! 
The nature of your Father will be recognized in your life, and acknowledged. 

In order to be a peacemaker you must become involved in legitimate conflicts.  In this world, if you truly want to be blessed in the Kingdom dimension of the term, you have to encounter crises and conflicts and get involved in them so that you can change the conflict into a peaceful situation. 

You can do it even now, for the spirit of sonship is already within you!  If you are not willing to become a peacemaker in the nitty-gritty of everyday life, don't think that in some future blaze of glory you will suddenly become qualified to be a peacemaker on behalf of nations and principalities and powers. 

Comfort does not make peace. The peace that we experience in the absence of conflict is not Kingdom peace. 
Anybody can have peace when all is going well and there are no cross-currents, opposition, trouble or conflict.  Learn this and you will know a great truth:
Peace is more than the absence of war.

The peace of God is unaffected by any external conditions. 

If your peace flees in the face of trouble and calamity, what you have is not peace it is merely the calm between storms. 

Offline Beloved Servant

• Gold
  • David's sling
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2011, 04:22:35 AM »

I ask THIS~ How can LOVE take OFFENCE?

Love takes nothing!
Love is in the perpetual state of giving.
Love only receives because it is loved back.

Offline Taffy

• Gold
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2011, 04:28:33 AM »
My Friend~ PEACE and Shalom to YOU~ :icon_flower:

Offline micah7:9

• Gold
  • Mic 7:8 Thou dost not rejoice over me, O mine ene
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2011, 04:30:45 AM »
I am not attempting to be insulting or harsh, but I just want to ask that should a christian say the word "peace"  in Hebrew as "shalome," make the word anymore powerful or more sacred? I would ask the same about "God" as Jehovah or Elohim. Or Jesus as Yesu or Yeshua? I ask mainly because I have met people who believe that by doing so, they are or at least feel/think they are somewhat more superior or holy or at the least more knowledgeable. Thanks :HeartThrob: :HeartThrob:
Mic 7:8  Thou dost not rejoice over me, O mine enemy, When I have fallen, I have risen, When I sit in darkness Jehovah is a light to me.

Offline Taffy

• Gold
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2011, 04:32:32 AM »
Most know that the Hebrew word shalom is understood around the world to mean "peace." However, "peace" is only one small part of the meaning of shalom. "Shalom" is used to both greet people and to bid them farewell, and it means much more than "peace, hello or goodbye"....

According to Strong's Concordance 7965 Shalom also means completeness, wholeness, health, peace, welfare, safety soundness, tranquility, prosperity, perfectness, fullness, rest, harmony, the absence of agitation or discord. Shalom comes from the root verb shalom meaning to be complete, perfect and full. In modern Hebrew the obviously related word Shelem means to pay for, and Shulam means to be fully paid.

Yeshua is called Sar shalom, Prince of Peace, which perfectly describes the ministry and personality of our Messiah (Isaiah 9:6).

In other words, the word shalom is a mighty blessing!

Proverbs 18:21 tells us there is life or death in the power of the tongue. Therefore, whenever you employ the word "shalom" you are speaking into someone's life all the wonderful things that shalom means!

In the meantime:

Numbers 6:24-26: YAHWEH bless you and keep you. YAHWEH make His face shine upon you and be gracious to you. YAHWEHlift up His face upon you and give you SHALOM. In the name of SAR SHALOM - the Prince of Peace

Offline Beloved Servant

• Gold
  • David's sling
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2011, 04:36:22 AM »

There are no sacred or spellbinding words except those exhaled by the Lord.

Offline Taffy

• Gold
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2011, 04:37:53 AM »

There are no sacred or spellbinding words except those exhaled by the Lord.

• Gold
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2011, 04:47:00 AM »
Im only asking, so then should one who believes in Jesus Christ and is His younger brother of sister, who is American, that the word peace spoken, this word is empty of all this: completeness, wholeness, health, peace, welfare, safety soundness, tranquility, prosperity, perfectness, fullness, rest, harmony, the absence of agitation or discord. Shalom comes from the root verb shalom meaning to be complete, perfect and full. In modern Hebrew the obviously related word Shelem means to pay for, and Shulam means to be fully paid.
And the word "peace" does not carry the significance of "shalome?" And the word peace spoken by someone who believes and does not say "shalome," that it is not a "mighty blessing?"

So then, Num 6:24  The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:
Num 6:25  The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:
Num 6:26  The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.
Then the name Lord here is empty of, "In the name of SAR SHALOM - the Prince of Peace?"

I dont see a difference when one believes. I am not  Hebrew speaking person, I understand the word "peace" when I speak it to mean "completeness, wholeness, health, peace, welfare, safety soundness, tranquility, prosperity, perfectness, fullness, rest, harmony, the absence of agitation or discord. Shalom comes from the root verb shalom meaning to be complete, perfect and full. In modern Hebrew the obviously related word Shelem means to pay for, and Shulam means to be fully paid."

Am in error?  So Beloved you see then? "There are no sacred or spellbinding words except those exhaled by the Lord."

Mic 7:8  Thou dost not rejoice over me, O mine enemy, When I have fallen, I have risen, When I sit in darkness Jehovah is a light to me.

Offline Beloved Servant

• Gold
  • David's sling
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2011, 04:53:56 AM »

I do!
Everything else is Voodoo!

The Kingdom of God is peace peace in the heart, peace of soul, peace with God, peace between men, peace between nations.
What is peace? Is peace real? What is its appearance? Have you ever seen peace? Is it long or short? Is it fat or skinny?

Peace is His Spirit. You cannot see peace apart from its effect upon people and circumstances. You can know when peace is present. You can sense peace, but you cannot touch or handle it.

There is more than one level of peace. There is a soulish peace which men experience in a psychological way. It is a peace generated out of the conditioning or influencing of the mind, will, emotions and desires. It is the peace attained on a restful vacation, in the silence of the evening watching a sunset, relaxing at night after the kids are all tucked in or hiking a mountain trail.

These and many other things give peace but none of them have anything whatsoever to do with the Kingdom of God.

The Kingdom of God is not just peace it is peace IN THE HOLY GHOST. It is God's peace. It is heaven's peace. It is divine peace. It is peace that passeth understanding.

It is peace that rules our lives and keeps our hearts in the very midst of calamity, pain, disappointment, trouble, problems, difficulties and testings. It is a peace so deep that it comes only out of the spirit. It holds us steady, calm and confident in the blasts of hell.

It is peace in the Holy Ghost. It is the Kingdom of God and the Kingdom of Heaven!

Offline Taffy

• Gold
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2011, 05:02:40 AM »
The Kingdom of God is peace peace in the heart, peace of soul, peace with God, peace between men, peace between nations.

No Barriers, No distinction, no denominations etall~ For we are ONE~~ Oh people SEE THE BIG PICTURE~WE ARE IN iIT and the IT is a HIM~

• Gold
« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2011, 05:17:05 AM »
PEACE G1515  eirēnē   primary verb εἴρω eirō (to join); peace (literally or figuratively); by implication prosperity: - one, peace, quietness, rest, + set at one again.
H7999
שׁלם
shâlam
BDB Definition:
1) to be in a covenant of peace, be at peace
1a) (Qal)
1a1) to be at peace
1a2) peaceful one (participle)
1b) (Pual) one in covenant of peace (participle)
1c) (Hiphil)
1c1) to make peace with
1c2) to cause to be at peace
1d) (Hophal) to live in peace
2) to be complete, be sound
2a) (Qal)
2a1) to be complete, be finished, be ended
2a2) to be sound, be uninjured
2b) (Piel)
2b1) to complete, finish
2b2) to make safe
2b3) to make whole or good, restore, make compensation
2b4) to make good, pay
2b5) to requite, recompense, reward
2c) (Pual)
2c1) to be performed
2c2) to be repaid, be requited
2d) (Hiphil)
2d1) to complete, perform
2d2) to make an end of

PEACE...I understand and See. AT ONE

Offline Beloved Servant

• Gold
  • David's sling
« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2011, 05:17:46 AM »

YAHWEH-SHALOM Yahweh send peace

JEHOVAH-SHALOM the Coming One, thy Peace.

God's name is His nature.

THE SELF-EXISTENT ONE.

THE ETERNAL.

THE PRINCE OF PEACE.

Offline eaglesway

• < Moderator >
  • Grace & Peace be multiplied unto you, in Jesus
    • Hell is a Myth.com
« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2011, 06:39:40 AM »
He bore so much, so that we could be one. The offense was ours. He forgave it :o) The life was the light of men, but men loved darkness rather than light.

If we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus cleanses us from all sin.
The Logos is complete, but it is not completely understood. hellisamyth.com

• Gold
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2011, 07:21:13 AM »
"The offense was ours." Eaglesway  Explain please.

Offline eaglesway

• < Moderator >
  • Grace & Peace be multiplied unto you, in Jesus
    • Hell is a Myth.com
« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2011, 07:58:39 AM »
We are so easily offended. Yet he forgave, and forgives all our offenses. If anyone has a right to take offense it would be Jesus. He didn't. Yet, we reserve the right to take offense, and do.
The Logos is complete, but it is not completely understood. hellisamyth.com

• Gold
« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2011, 08:38:00 AM »
We are so easily offended. Yet he forgave, and forgives all our offenses. If anyone has a right to take offense it would be Jesus. He didn't. Yet, we reserve the right to take offense, and do.

I do not take offense.

Offline jabcat

• Admin
  • SINNER SAVED BY GRACE
« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2011, 09:07:25 AM »

John, do you believe taking offense and being hurt are necessarily the same thing?  What I mean is, yes, I agree, we should work on not taking offense and continue forgiving.  However, don't you believe we can hurt each other with our words and attitudes toward each other?  There sure is a lot of instruction about the tongue and about our words.

I'm thinking of this;  if a man's wife, without any indication, suddenly told him "I hate you, you're a terrible husband, you're not worth my time and I'm laughing at you.  I'm leaving you tonight, I'm moving in with another man"...  Is it just that man's pride that's hurt or "cut" at that point?  I don't think so.  I think it can be 2 different things.  Of course he would need to take it to the Lord, work on forgiving her/not punishing her, not let his pride get in the way of anything ..  But again, people do have feelings, we can wound and make others stumble through our words.  There is much admonition about it.  And IMO, taking the stance that "oh well, it's just their pride getting hurt, not my problem, God's doing it", doesn't absolve us of the responsibility.   :2c:
Neither should there be vulgar speech, foolish talk, or coarse jesting--all of which are out of character--but rather thanksgiving.  Eph. 5:4  **  Saved 1John 3.2, Eph. 2:8, John 1:12 - Being saved 2Cor. 4:16 2Peter 3:18 - Will be saved 1Peter 1:5 Romans 8:23

• Gold
« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2011, 09:29:19 AM »
I like that.

Offline jabcat

• Admin
  • SINNER SAVED BY GRACE
« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2011, 09:32:10 AM »
 And I appreciate that.  I've struggled a bit today. Thank you.  Blessings.  :HeartThrob:

And God, thank You for this day. 
« Last Edit: November 03, 2011, 09:40:06 AM by jabcat »
Neither should there be vulgar speech, foolish talk, or coarse jesting--all of which are out of character--but rather thanksgiving.  Eph. 5:4  **  Saved 1John 3.2, Eph. 2:8, John 1:12 - Being saved 2Cor. 4:16 2Peter 3:18 - Will be saved 1Peter 1:5 Romans 8:23

Offline Beloved Servant

• Gold
  • David's sling
« Reply #21 on: November 03, 2011, 05:24:26 PM »

John, do you believe taking offense and being hurt are necessarily the same thing?  What I mean is, yes, I agree, we should work on not taking offense and continue forgiving.  However, don't you believe we can hurt each other with our words and attitudes toward each other?  There sure is a lot of instruction about the tongue and about our words.

I'm thinking of this;  if a man's wife, without any indication, suddenly told him "I hate you, you're a terrible husband, you're not worth my time and I'm laughing at you.  I'm leaving you tonight, I'm moving in with another man"...  Is it just that man's pride that's hurt or "cut" at that point?  I don't think so.  I think it can be 2 different things.  Of course he would need to take it to the Lord, work on forgiving her/not punishing her, not let his pride get in the way of anything ..  But again, people do have feelings, we can wound and make others stumble through our words.  There is much admonition about it.  And IMO, taking the stance that "oh well, it's just their pride getting hurt, not my problem, God's doing it", doesn't absolve us of the responsibility.   :2c:

I never cared much for hypothetical illustrations but I'll play the game.

In this instance I would immediately conclude the the man has been giving her reason to leave for years and that the time has finally come for her to leave.

If he is hurt, it is simply because he is still ruled by his own emotions and Christ is not sitting on the throne of his life;
The Prince of Peace brings solace beyond all understanding.

Offline jabcat

• Admin
  • SINNER SAVED BY GRACE
« Reply #22 on: November 03, 2011, 07:56:48 PM »

In this instance I would immediately conclude the the man has been giving her reason to leave for years and that the time has finally come for her to leave.

If he is hurt, it is simply because he is still ruled by his own emotions and Christ is not sitting on the throne of his life;

OK, if you wish to continue (and since it's my suggested scenario :)  I left that part out.  I agree that's often the case of "him having given a reason".  But in this case, he was a faithful, Godly husband...the actions were all hers and whatever else was influencing her.  Any scenario that can be imagined that he was truly innocent of all wrongdoing in the marriage, do you believe he still shouldn't be hurt?

Offline shawn

• Bronze
« Reply #23 on: November 03, 2011, 08:04:51 PM »
We most certainly can hurt others with our words and actions.  This kind of thinking allows us to blame the victim. 

A man beats his wife...yet she shouldn't be hurt or offended.
A woman verbally abuses her husband...it's ok he shouldn't be offended...or hurt.

And while the pinnacle of spiritual perfection is indeed Jesus, and should be our goal...most of us are not immune to being hurt or offended.  And adding shame
for feeling hurt onto the victim's shoulders brings about much dysfunctional compensation.

I will agree that as we progress in spiritual maturity we are offended less easily...have an ability to love despite being treated poorly etc...but to tell someone they
are not entitled to feel pain as a result of another human beings actions...only brings shame and condemnation heaping injury upon insult literally.

Offline Beloved Servant

• Gold
  • David's sling
« Reply #24 on: November 03, 2011, 08:08:43 PM »

OK, if you wish to continue (and since it's my suggested scenario :)  I left that part out.  I agree that's often the case of "him having given a reason".  But in this case, he was a faithful, Godly husband...the actions were all hers and whatever else was influencing her.  Any scenario that can be imagined that he was truly innocent of all wrongdoing in the marriage, do you believe he still shouldn't be hurt?

He should be rejoicing that God took the stumbling block out of his path.