Author Topic: Companion and neXt Bible  (Read 1342 times)

Offline WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
Companion and neXt Bible
« on: April 21, 2009, 09:43:53 PM »
Best is to spend 2 minutes on this site to see what's so special (or not) about it

Companion Bible
*The Companion Bible (A.K.A. "The Bullinger Bible") is a work by Dr. E.W. Bullinger (1837-1913), and is the King James text (Un-altered) of the Authorized Version of 1611.
Main index: http://www.companionbiblecondensed.com
Look at page 1 and 2 for a good impression: http://www.companionbiblecondensed.com/OT/Genesis...pdf
All 66 books are .pdf files that you can save.
Problems saving or you want all books combined in one big file? Ask.

« Last Edit: April 21, 2009, 09:49:25 PM by WhiteWings »
1 Timothy 2:3-4  ...God our Savior;  Who will have all men to be saved...
John 12:47  And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.
Romans 4:5 But to the one who does not work, but believes in the one who declares the ungodly righteous ...

Offline WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
Re: Companion and neXt Bible
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2009, 09:45:08 PM »
neXt Bible

http://net.bible.org/bible.php?book=Gen&chapter=1
Make sure to move your mouse pointer ove the blue hyperlinks.

For e-Sword: http://www.bible.org/page.php?page_id=3086
« Last Edit: April 21, 2009, 09:54:59 PM by WhiteWings »
John 12:47  And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.
Romans 4:5 But to the one who does not work, but believes in the one who declares the ungodly righteous ...

Offline Pierac

• Bronze
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2009, 06:40:50 AM »
Best is to spend 2 minutes on this site to see what's so special (or not) about it

Companion Bible
*The Companion Bible (A.K.A. "The Bullinger Bible") is a work by Dr. E.W. Bullinger (1837-1913), and is the King James text (Un-altered) of the Authorized Version of 1611.
Main index: http://www.companionbiblecondensed.com
Look at page 1 and 2 for a good impression: http://www.companionbiblecondensed.com/OT/Genesis...pdf
All 66 books are .pdf files that you can save.
Problems saving or you want all books combined in one big file? Ask.

How come my Companion Bible at home is not in color like your links?  :dontknow:

Paul

Offline WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2009, 07:47:22 AM »
You have a printed version Paul?
I ordered one too. Will take 6-12 weeks for shipping acording to Amazon.
The many reviews on Amazon where very positive about the translation itself but the quality of the printing seems very bad.
Is that true?

Offline Pierac

• Bronze
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2009, 04:18:46 AM »
You have a printed version Paul?
I ordered one too. Will take 6-12 weeks for shipping acording to Amazon.
The many reviews on Amazon where very positive about the translation itself but the quality of the printing seems very bad.
Is that true?

I have the large print edition..So I can't really comment. However, it should be a good addition to your collection.  :thumbsup:

Paul

Offline WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2009, 07:46:40 AM »
I've ordered the large print aswell.
Does the  :thumbdown: quality only apply to the regular print.
You have no problems with ink smears etc?

Offline Pierac

• Bronze
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2009, 05:34:56 PM »
Sorry, I lost site of this topic. No I have not had any problems with the print. Looks normal to me? However, there is a lot of information on each page, so if the print was smaller (non-large print) it may be hard to read?

Offline WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2009, 08:00:58 PM »
Hi Pierac,

Not that it really matter anymore because I have ordered the large print shortly after I started this thread.
There are about 130 raving reviews on Amazon. Except for the printing. I hope teh large print is better or that the quality in later prints has improved. The contents is rather unique I think. (I already use the free .pdf version)

The only real problem is with the printing/binding. You can rub your finger accross the page and see the ink on your finger.

BUT The printing is bad. Ink Offsetting on the pages. I had to go to a different bible to fine out what it said because some of the page was missing. They must have ran out of ink. The company that printed the book must not have a quality control. Its the worst printed book I have seen.

I am even more disappointed than I was when I first took it out of the box. I have spent the last few days reading my Companion Bible and doing some bible marking. First, I went to highlight a verse and the ink in the verse smudged across the rest of the text. Finally, I took a break and went to the restroom, there was ink ALL over my face from the cheap printing.

There was one thing that I was GREATLY disappointed in and that is the quality of the paper and the printing. It(I'm talking about the Genuine Leather, thumb-indexed version)is NOTHING like all of the newer versions of the bibles currently on the market. I am big on bible marking and I am afraid that this bible simply will not hold up. The paper is VERY thin, almost like a sort of tissue. It really broke my heart when I opened the box and saw this! The printing must not have been changed since Bullinger himself wrote this! It looks like text straight from a type writer!
I am SO, SO disappointed with the quality of the printing of this bible, even the ribbons(bookmarks)are a bit cheap!

Offline reFORMer

• < Moderator >
  • Psalm 133
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2009, 08:59:46 PM »
The Companion Bible (Bullinger's) is not the neXt Bible. 

The NExT Bible, from the NET Bible, has this in their doctrinal statement under their last category, Eschatology:

"We believe in the bodily resurrection of the dead; of the believer to everlasting blessedness and joy with the Lord, of the unbeliever to judgment and everlasting conscious punishment."

I put in a comment on one of the blogs at bible.org about "Why kids leave Church."  It hasn't been approved yet.  We"ll see.  It's advocating every member participation rather than the Pastor/Priest professional performer and all we as passive peon enablers for his ministry.  I will be suprised if they allow it, even though it is truth and fits within their published parameters of doctrine.  They refuse to put the fact in Hosea 11:9 that God is NOT saying:  "...for I am God, and not man..." though His saying this is incompatible with their view of the Trinity and what is actually said is: "I am God and not male."  This is one of my litmus tests.  I am sick of Church order being based in Adam while Christ is excluded.  "In Christ there is...neither male or female."

Forgive me and pray for me that I not be too combative.  "The servant of the Lord must not strive."  I recognize room for growth in myself...what an understatement!  That's about all I am: a very small empty room!
« Last Edit: May 02, 2009, 09:47:54 PM by reFORMer »
I went to church; but, the Church wasn't on the program!  JESUS WANTS HIS BODY BACK!!  MEET WITHOUT HUMAN HEADSHIP!!!

Offline WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2009, 09:55:58 PM »
The Companion Bible (Bullinger's) is not the neXt Bible.
I know that's why I wrote 'and'
And also used 2 posts. (didn't want to polute the forum with 2 extra threads)

Besides that I own the NET Bible for e-Sword for some time.
And .pdf Bullingers Bible for a month or so. They are far to different to mix up.

Offline reFORMer

• < Moderator >
  • Psalm 133
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2009, 10:31:40 PM »
I had a beautiful brown leather NET Bible; but, I can't find it since certain visitors at my house.  With so many books and boxes of books for it to be lost among I can't be certain.  Since then also AWOL is a tiny leather bound KJV that wouldn't have strayed from the several extra I keep on hand.  This is not a detailed list of suspicious disappearances.  I suppose we all go through these sorts of thing periodically.

What use I've made of the NET Bible gave me certain impressions.  I dislike their translation.  I am tired of the same self-congratulatory GateKeepers that in the last few years find it fashionable, due to the proliferation of independant and home churches to (deceitfully) hide their doctrinal bias and sectarian (demoninational) ties.  The same 'ol same 'ol!  The version's notes very much need a good editor.  They're prolix and redundant.  For me they also (so far) don't add much.  Good translating and much of the present translators notes could be erased.

Yet, it's hard to make a clear judgment on so little evidence and without due consideration of the new reader of Scripture.  My personal bias is that they should just read the text itself repeatedley for about a decade before getting into what so often are men's re-re-regurgitated limiting and traditionally twisted opinions.
I went to church; but, the Church wasn't on the program!  JESUS WANTS HIS BODY BACK!!  MEET WITHOUT HUMAN HEADSHIP!!!

Offline WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2009, 10:57:13 PM »
I think your Bible is raptured :laughing7:

I bought the electronic version. Was only about $10 or so.
At that time I wasn't aware of UR yet.
Would I still buy it?
I think I do. I like the notes.
Sometimes the best Bible translated a certain verse in a less understandle way.
That's when I start checking other translations and notes to give me that little push I need for understanding.

I very much like electronic versions. I do a lot of searching and cross referencing in my Bible software.
But printed version are better for reading.
The problem is that I almost need an extra house to store all my books...
So lately I'm looking into e-paper. It seems to read exactly like paper. Problem is that I like see things before I buy. Bit weird but many e-paper devices aren't shipped outside the USA.....
Would be great for traveling and would reduce paper versions.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2009, 11:27:26 AM by WhiteWings »

Offline WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2009, 11:35:16 AM »
"We believe in the bodily resurrection of the dead; of the believer to everlasting blessedness and joy with the Lord, of the unbeliever to judgment and everlasting conscious punishment."

I wonder why always the torment verses are picked.
There are so many other things to mention. "We believe Jesus rose from the death." For example.
Or simply we are: Catholics/Mormons/Calvinists/etc
That says even more about what they believe than any one-liner.

Their statement doesn't mean much because all denominations believe that.
All but one. UR.
Sounds that statement is only there as an attack on UR....

Offline WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2009, 06:09:22 PM »
Got the Bible yesterday.
Print quality is average ok.

Font size is small. Especially for extended perions of reading.
I have the large print version so I wouldn't advise the regular sized one.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2009, 07:08:39 PM by WhiteWings »

Offline WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2009, 07:09:38 PM »

Roy Monis

« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2009, 05:59:33 PM »
I very much like electronic versions. I do a lot of searching and cross referencing in my Bible software.
But printed version are better for reading.
The problem is that I almost need an extra house to store all my books...
So lately I'm looking into e-paper. It seems to read exactly like paper. Problem is that I like see things before I buy. Bit weird but many e-paper devices aren't shipped outside the USA.....
Would be great for traveling and would reduce paper versions.

Dear brother Whitewings

I just use one Bible the NASV electronic version with the 1901 and KJV versions included. What's more I don't need a 40 roomed mansion to accommodate it as it fits neatly on to a single CD.

I have followed this thread and believe me I have never read such a load of baloney in all my born days, but it serves one good purpose for which I am greateful. It goes to prove the wisdom in the proverb 14:12 & 16:25 "THERE IS A WAY THAT SEEMS RIGHT TO THE MAN, BUT ITS END IS THE WAY OF DEATH". You will need much, much more than a fresh house and a bulging wallet, believe me. Try "TRUST IN THE LORD WITH YOUR WHOLE HEART AND DO NOT LEAN ON YOUR OWN UNDERSTANDING". (pro.3:5) for a change and give that grey matter in your intellect a rest.

It will probably get you to the moon but it will get you nowhere in God's realm, I can assure you. This comes to you and your readers in love, no offence is intended.

Love is of God……. Love is God……. This comes to all in love
Roy   (UK)

Offline WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2009, 06:27:03 PM »
Dear brother Whitewings
The trumpet of war.

I just use one Bible the NASV electronic version with the 1901 and KJV versions included. What's more I don't need a 40 roomed mansion to accommodate it as it fits neatly on to a single CD.
Can you give me the ISBN number then I'm sure I've got the right stuff and can burn the rest.

I have followed this thread and believe me I have never read such a load of baloney in all my born days, but it serves one good purpose for which I am greateful.
If vanity was a sin..... :thumbdown:

It goes to prove the wisdom in the proverb 14:12 & 16:25

The only thing it proves you judge what you don't know.

It will probably get you to the moon but it will get you nowhere in God's realm, I can assure you. This comes to you and your readers in love, no offence is intended.
Said the wolf in sheep clothes.

Stop drinking vinegar. (said in love....)

Roy Monis

« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2009, 03:10:08 PM »
The trumpet of war

Dear Brother WhiteWings

That sounds ominous, brother, no offence was intended. Nothing I write is directed at you personally but at the seed of the person within which was imbedded in man's intellect from the very beginning, in the garden of Eden.*Gen.3:1-7).  To you this comes in godly love, love of the highest level. To him within, I agree, it is a trumpet of war as always.

Now I'll answer your queries.

Can you give me the ISBN number then I'm sure I've got the right stuff and can burn the rest.

I am not a highly educated man as you appear to be, my brother. My qualification is of a junior school leaving certificate standard set by Cambridge University UK. At 40% pass, I just scraped through with 10 marks above a complete failure.

My God is my education and as always I trust in Him completely to guide my hand.

What you mean by ISBN is beyond me, but here is the address and all necessary particulars on how to obtain one.

The Lockman Foundation
900 S. Euclid Street
La Habra, CA  90631
Phone: (714) 879-3055 — Fax: (714) 879-3058
Email: nasb@lockman.org — Web: http://www.lockman.org

Please don't corrupt this version with your intellectual study routine. Burn the rest of your rubbish if you must, that is entirely your prerogative, I will not stand in your way in that respect only applaud.

If vanity was a sin.....

"Vanity of vanities," says the Preacher,
"Vanity of vanities! All is vanity." (Eccl.1:2).
Vanity I do believe goes with pride so I would say, not IF but IS a sin. How it applies to the present topic I haven't the foggiest idea.

The only thing it proves you judge what you don't know.

I am judging absolutely nothing, the judging that you can see in this is judgment by the Word of God. The same wise preacher who wrote about vanity also wrote this, not I.

Said the wolf in sheep clothes.

How strange it is that you should say this and how true the saying, "It takes one to recognize one". Strange don't you think that you should recognize this in yourself and then try to impose it on to someone else. So who is the true WOLF brother? It is not you, I do not get personal, it is him within your intellect that I point my finger at. 

Stop drinking vinegar. (said in love....)

The love I presume goes with the vinegar and that is carnal, not of God, but of him within you. Not love but Lust. Lust for revenge to remedy a wounded pride which usually precedes a fall. Now that IS a sin.

Love is of God……. Love is God……. This comes to all in love [/move

Roy    (UK)