Author Topic: Christ  (Read 748 times)

rockclimber

Christ
« on: August 18, 2007, 05:06:19 PM »
I believe Christ to be spirit, not physical, when Christ came here through Jesus he came as primarily Savior etc...
Has Christ been here other times, in other people, before Jesus and after, however not as the savior?

Offline Cardinal

• < Moderator >
Re: Christ
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2007, 12:35:00 AM »
 :cloud9: So do I, and I think He was all thru the Word, appearing. He has ascended and descended many times in the Word. He appears in a many-membered body now. He descends out of our heavens and appears in the "clouds". Clouds are dust, ie. broken up dirt. We are told to break up the fallow ground, those who fall upon Him are broken.........
"I would rather train twenty men to pray, than a thousand to preach; A minister's highest mission ought to be to teach his people to pray." -H. MacGregor

rockclimber

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2007, 04:38:13 AM »
what I'm implying is, did he maybe dwell in others for extended periods of time, such as Muhammad, Buddha etc...

Offline 97531

• Restricted
  • Truth is Freedom
    • Father's Love Forum
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2007, 09:37:34 AM »
Let us define Christ first

Using Wikipedia for a general definition.

Christ is the English term for the Greek word Χριστός (Christós), which literally means "The Anointed One." The Hebrew word for Christ is מָשִׁיחַ (Mašíaḥ, usually transliterated Messiah).

The word is often misunderstood to be the surname of Jesus due to the numerous mentions of Jesus Christ in the Christian Bible. Often used as a more formal-sounding synonym for Jesus, the word is in fact a title, hence its common reciprocal use Christ Jesus, meaning The Anointed One, Jesus. Followers of Jesus became known as Christians because they believed that Jesus was the Christ, or Messiah, prophesied about in the Tanakh (which Christians term the Old Testament). The majority of Jews reject this claim and are still waiting for the Messiah to come (see Jewish Messiah). Most Christians now wait for the Second Coming of Christ when they believe he will fulfill the rest of the Messianic prophecy.

As for other religions, I don't think so and definitely not Mohamed, the Quran has much in opposition to the bible particularly the New Testament.

One thing that always puzzled me was this verse

Act 16:6  And coming through the Phrygian and the Galatian region; and by the Holy Spirit being forbidden to speak the Word in Asia:this:
Act 16:7  having come to Mysia, they attempted to go into Bithynia. But the Spirit did not allow them.

In Acts 14:20,21, it is narrated that Paul and Barnabas, after being driven out of Lystra, departed to Derbe, where they "preached the gospel .... and made many disciples." But they did not further. Paul's mission included only the centers of Greco-Roman civilization; it was no part of his plan to pass over the frontier of the province into non- Roman territory. This aspect of his purpose is illustrated by the reference to Derbe on his second journey (Acts 16:1). Paul started from Antioch and "went through Syria and Cilicia, confirming the churches" (Acts 15:41). "Then he came to Derbe and Lystra" (Acts 16:1 the King James Version). The unwarned reader might forget that in going from Cilicia to Derbe, Paul must have, passed through a considerable part of Antiochus' territory, and visited the important cities of Heracleia-Cybistra and Laranda. But his work ends with the Roman Cilicia and begins again with the Roman Galatia; to him, the intervening country is a blank. Concentration of effort, and utilization only of the most fully prepared material were the characteristics of Paul's missionary journeys in Asia Minor. That Paul was successful in Derbe may be gathered (as Ramsay points out) from the fact that he does not mention Derbe among the places where he had suffered persecution (2 Timothy 3:11). Gaius of Derbe (among others) accompanied Paul to Jerusalem, in charge of the donations of the churches to the poor in that city (Acts 20:4).

Source:Bible Map.Org
My Blog       Father's Love Forum - New
IHWLAMAHOB
Christian Milkshake: Pressed down, shaken together and more than we can hope for

Offline Cardinal

• < Moderator >
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2007, 05:44:38 PM »
 :cloud9: Well, rockclimber, He's the light of all men that come into the world. He's the measure of faith He gives all men to receive Him. The Spirit that is Christ cannot be contained in the sense of.....He's here, but no, He's definitely not HERE. It took God to reveal that to me, for man hid it from my eyes.......
"I would rather train twenty men to pray, than a thousand to preach; A minister's highest mission ought to be to teach his people to pray." -H. MacGregor

arcticmonster2003

« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2007, 05:07:24 AM »
what I'm implying is, did he maybe dwell in others for extended periods of time, such as Muhammad, Buddha etc...

It seems fairly clear to me at least that God chose Israel to reveal himself to the nations, even hardening their hearts so that every nation and people would learn of him. Lets face it, the only reason that anyone on Earth serves God, is because of Christ and his apostles spread the word, filled with the holy spirit, until then he was just considered the God of Israel, just like the Ephesians had the Goddess Artemis, and each place had their own gods and godesses.

There have always been many "gods" on earth. Many many of them, the God of Israel, Our God, has always made a huge distiction between himself and all others with miracles, signs, prophets, the holy spirit, wisdom, discernment and many other things. We should also remember as far as muslims, that though I don't really acknowledge their prophet and have no need to, that Allah is also the God of Abraham and therefore the God of Israel, not forgetting of course that Allah just means God in aramaic.

I really don't have much understanding of other religions, and I wouldn't need understanding, since God has led me to Jesus. Jesus, annointed one, whom thru God saved all mankind.

I can tell you what the study of all other Gods and Goddesses and incarnations of Jesus will lead you to. Firstly their is a group of people called Gnostics who would agree and will be happy to teach you more of this. In fact they agree on every religion, book, writing, ect.. ect.. ect.. oh, I forget they agree that any writing or scroll someone may find in some hole thats a couple of thousand years old is "great", but yet they don't believe in the Holy Bible, to them the holy bible is almost "blasphemous" - long story short - if you go this path you choose a hard road - and it will be painful till you come back to the simplicity of our salvation thru Jesus - the Jesus in the Holy Bible (put in the last part because by the time their done, you might be wondering what Jesus were talking about today)

Offline Tony N

• Bronze
    • Saviour of All Fellowship
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2007, 10:52:36 PM »
1Pe 1:10-11  "Concerning which salvation the prophets seek out and search out, who prophesy concerning the grace which is for you,  (11)  searching into what or what manner of era the spirit of Christ in them made evident, when testifying beforehand to the sufferings pertaining to Christ and the glories after these."

I think this is how David etc. could write about the sufferings of the coming Christ because they has His spirit (somehow).
Just because God says He will save all mankind
does not necessarily mean He won't.

martincisneros

« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2007, 11:25:28 PM »

I think this is how David etc. could write about the sufferings of the coming Christ because they has His spirit (somehow).

Though in one sense, He's the same, yesterday, today, and to the age, or ages as the case may be with how the whole New Testament describes the coming ages, at the same time, there was a teeny difference between the suffering Messiah and the glorified Messiah.  Many Old Testament believers were filled with the Spirit of the suffering Messiah, but they weren't completely overwhelmed by that in their spirits that were dead in trespasses because it wasn't the "glories that would follow."  That explains the types, shadows, and intriguing poetry of the Old Testament where it's somehow Christ working through each temptation in advance.