Author Topic: Cemetery quotes  (Read 1677 times)

Offline WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
Cemetery quotes
« on: September 09, 2008, 08:54:59 PM »
Nope this isn't a review of an horror flick.

Today I was on a graveyard and was reading what was written on the graves.
One quote in particular I liked a lot:

"Death is the birth of a memory"
Do you have a favorite quote if possible at all on such a subject.
1 Timothy 2:3-4  ...God our Savior;  Who will have all men to be saved...
John 12:47  And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.
Romans 4:5 But to the one who does not work, but believes in the one who declares the ungodly righteous ...

martincisneros

Re: Cemetery quotes
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2008, 09:45:10 PM »
I can't remember any right now, but I got up too early.  I might remember some later.  Anyone with a copy of Eddie Murphy's movie "Ghost House" would have a stack of Cemetary quotes, though.

Amazing how I've never seen a grave stone pronouncing someone's eternal misery or eternal destruction.  Amazing how with even the worst possible sinners the most dogmatic ETers are able to say "we can't make that judgment on where they're at."

Instinctively, most of them know, even those believing ET to still be probable, that our Lord will snatch people out of it on the least excuse to do so.  You'd think that the proof of ET would be in being able to dogmatically say who is currently being rotated over an open flame with A1 Steak Sauce all over them!  But they fear saying who is suffering irreparable harm.  Yet their paradigm requires [at least] "Exhibit-A".

Who is eternally damned?  Demand a list of 100 names from your local ETer that they'd wager their own soul on the eternal damnation of everyone on that list.  The problem is not simplified for the person who simply believes that the wicked are snuffed out, never to again ever have any consciousness or existance in God's Creation.  Just simply demand a list of 100 names from those who believe in eternal destruction that they'd be willing to wager their own soul on the eternal destruction of everyone on that list.  A truth has substantive proof and examples that'll stand the test of verification, as in mathematics or any other area of life.  If they fear to be so bold, then squeeze a list of 25 names out of them.  Surely that would be easier to come by with 100% certainty.  But alas, they couldn't even produce that list either!  And why not?  Because Jesus Christ is the Saviour of all men, especially of those that believe :cloud9:

Knowing He'd do everything in His power to make their list completely wrong would prevent anyone with a sound mind and a tender conscience from being able to give you a list of even 5 or 10 names.

Offline WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
Re: Cemetery quotes
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2008, 08:04:15 AM »

Instinctively, most of them know, even those believing ET to still be probable, that our Lord will snatch people out of it on the least excuse to do so. 

It's very human to put the blame elsewhere. It started with shifting the blame about eating the forbidden fruit in Eden.
When looking at the sins of others they are checked with a cold heart against the scripture. But when looking at your own sins you know you had a very good reason for them and that's why God is gonna give you  a break.
And of course just self comforting...

BTW it was just a graveyard; not a curchyard. So not all buried there were religious. Many graves don't even have a cross on them.
One simply stated: Psalms 17:8

Keep me as the apple of the eye, hide me under the shadow of thy wings,
Psalms 17:8
1 Timothy 2:3-4  ...God our Savior;  Who will have all men to be saved...
John 12:47  And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.
Romans 4:5 But to the one who does not work, but believes in the one who declares the ungodly righteous ...