Author Topic: Catholics. Dare I ask this?  (Read 1051 times)

Andromeda_Organa

Catholics. Dare I ask this?
« on: February 17, 2009, 08:52:50 PM »
I was just wondering- are Catholics really Christian? To me it seems like that prayer to saints was just made to replace prayer to ancient pagan gods, for example, that they want to keep people in bondage to the law (especially women) - all of what Christ came to set us free from! Bbut they were the first chruch for 1500 years! So, what's up with them?  :icon_flower:

Paul Hazelwood

Re: Catholics. Dare I ask this?
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2009, 09:06:17 PM »

Like any group, you often have people who go to a certain church, or stay with a certain denomination because thats what they grew up around, its where their friends are, etc.

I know people who only belong there because of the schools.

For any of us,  is it really the title that makes any difference whatsoever?

Offline Doc

• Jesus Christ is the Savior of ALL men.
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2009, 10:12:01 PM »
I have to agree. I've known 'catholics' who are christians and I've known 'catholics' who aren't. They're just labels.

You will know them by their fruit, not their labels.
God does not instruct us to pray to change His mind. He wants us to pray so that we'll know His mind.

"Prayer doesn't change God, it changes me." --C.S. Lewis

God never had or needed a Plan B. He's still on Plan A.

Res Veritas Loquitur

Offline sparrow

• Bronze
  • I watch, & am as a sparrow alone upon the rooftop.
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2009, 01:46:01 AM »
You will know them by their fruit, not their labels.

True.

and people change and evolve.. and grow. Never know what a person may believe in their heart.  :HeartThrob:

"I knelt to drink,
And knew that I was on the brink
Of endless joy. And everywhere
I turned I saw a wonder there."

If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. And if I have prophetic powers, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. If I give away all I have, and if I deliver up my body to be burned, but have not love, I gain nothing.