Author Topic: Avatars & other interesting stuff  (Read 4388 times)

Offline jabcat

• Admin
  • SINNER SAVED BY GRACE
Re: Avatars & other interesting stuff
« Reply #25 on: August 25, 2012, 04:27:25 PM »
yeah, it's the fruit of the Spirit one I've reduxed down to about the sizeof a postage stamp and couldn't get it to work.  Tony, is that because it's not an actual avatar, or for some other reason that you can think of?  I think ONE time I was able to get a regular picture to work as an avatar, but not this time so far.   :(
Looking unto Jesus, the Author and Finisher of our faith.  Heb. 12:2

Offline jabcat

• Admin
  • SINNER SAVED BY GRACE
« Reply #26 on: August 25, 2012, 04:47:34 PM »
well, i got it on there...it's a little bigger than the head of a pin.   :doh:

ok, i'll keep trying.

Offline jabcat

• Admin
  • SINNER SAVED BY GRACE
« Reply #27 on: August 25, 2012, 04:57:14 PM »
got the fruit one on.  if it's not what you want, tony can get the bride up to see if it's better...alright, out for tonight...:)

Offline reFORMer

• < Moderator >
  • Psalm 133
« Reply #28 on: August 25, 2012, 05:15:09 PM »
I went to church; but, the Church wasn't on the program!  JESUS WANTS HIS BODY BACK!!  MEET WITHOUT HUMAN HEADSHIP!!!

Offline WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
« Reply #29 on: August 25, 2012, 06:14:09 PM »
Tony, if that's the one he likes, maybe you can get it to work as an avatar.  I've been trying to resize one enough to get it to take, and haven't been able to get it done.  I'll be out much of tomorrow, maybe you can get it to work.  Thanks.
That's weird because they are the correct size. I used them sucesfully as my own avatar.
But I see reFORMfer already has a new avatar. Case closed???
1 Timothy 2:3-4  ...God our Savior;  Who will have all men to be saved...
John 12:47  And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.
Romans 4:5 But to the one who does not work, but believes in the one who declares the ungodly righteous ...

Offline WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
John 12:47  And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.
Romans 4:5 But to the one who does not work, but believes in the one who declares the ungodly righteous ...

Offline lomarah

• Silver
« Reply #31 on: August 25, 2012, 08:34:58 PM »
Love the fruit one! I just said to the Lord the other day, "Okay Lord, let's make some grapes!" LOL!
From Him and through Him and to Him are all things.

Offline reFORMer

• < Moderator >
  • Psalm 133
« Reply #32 on: August 26, 2012, 02:36:53 PM »
I'm happy with the "Fruit" avatar.  It has what is probably the most important word in the English language at the base (after "Jesus.") 

About Saturday, 2 am my time, I found "The Harrowing of Hell" (or, "The Anastasis") which was in a Syriac/Estrangela version of Scripture from about 1216-1220 AD Iraq (Mosul.)  See it above there in post #30?  For 800 years old it is really bright tempera colors!  Enlarged you can see Jesus triumphantly trampling underfoot the broken gates of hell, holding the hand of Adam and raising him out of Hades. This manuscript contains passages from the Gospels in liturgical sequence that are used as readings in church services.  (It is at the British Library)

« Last Edit: August 26, 2012, 05:13:40 PM by reFORMer »
I went to church; but, the Church wasn't on the program!  JESUS WANTS HIS BODY BACK!!  MEET WITHOUT HUMAN HEADSHIP!!!

Offline reFORMer

• < Moderator >
  • Psalm 133
« Reply #33 on: August 29, 2012, 07:47:24 AM »
WhiteWings, somebody's got to tell 'ya.  With the avatar upside down, the kilt is just too short.

Offline WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
« Reply #34 on: August 29, 2012, 08:36:27 AM »
:-)

Some see crowns. Some think of men in mini skirts. :-)
« Last Edit: August 29, 2012, 09:07:10 AM by WhiteWings »

Offline lomarah

• Silver
« Reply #35 on: August 29, 2012, 01:47:08 PM »
HEHEHEHEHEHEHE

So are you wearing a crown or a miniskirt? Or both?  :icon_king:

Offline WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
« Reply #36 on: August 29, 2012, 03:34:35 PM »
More like: Neither :P

Offline lomarah

• Silver
« Reply #37 on: August 29, 2012, 05:16:46 PM »
Our posts look cool on top of each other, our logos are mirror images. Except yours is blingin and mine is gleamin.

goodreport

« Reply #38 on: October 23, 2012, 11:17:11 PM »
WW gets a new and wonderful avatar and I lost my crown...  oh well, it was too big for me anyway..guess I need to grow some more... besides  now I am a full-time senior:   on the forum and off the forum!!!  :laughing7:

Offline ded2daworld

• Silver
  • What if today we were just grateful for everything
« Reply #39 on: October 23, 2012, 11:42:50 PM »
I liked Juggheads a lot because I have been a fan of comic books and strips for about 55 years. Here are some little known facts.
The originator of Archie comics (Bob Montana)was a christian. He did the comics starting in the 40's for several years and when society changed, he was urged by his co-creators to change along with it. He refused and they kicked him out. He later did several full size comic books that explained salvation and using the archie characters. Jugghead was the most5 Christian in his detachment from the world - other than hamburgers.
Charles Schulz was the creator of Peanuts and also UR. There are a couple of books in the tentmaker library written by a UR preacher that used Peanuts strips to use humor and witnessing. Charlie Brown (my avatar) was symbolic of everyman and the zig-zag stripe on his shirt was to resemble the crown of thorns and that "by his stripes we were healed. His sister Lucy was of course short for Lucifer.
The creator of B.C. (Johnny Hart became a christian after his strip also starterd and he used it as a witnessing tool also. When he died however, his son took took over and his son is not a christian as far as I know.
"Why do so many people think that the Bible is only inspired at certain points -  and that  THEY are inspired to pick out which points?"

Offline lomarah

• Silver
« Reply #40 on: October 24, 2012, 02:29:22 AM »
WW gets a new and wonderful avatar and I lost my crown...  oh well, it was too big for me anyway..guess I need to grow some more... besides  now I am a full-time senior:   on the forum and off the forum!!!  :laughing7:

Hehe that made me chuckle gr. :)

goodreport

« Reply #41 on: October 24, 2012, 02:46:48 AM »

Hehe that made me chuckle gr. :)

That's great!  You're very much on my mind and in my heart these days...so happy that my sharing made you chuckle. 

also Ded:  happy to learn that Schulz was UR.  I actually met his co-worker after whom Charlie Brown was named...  I lived in St. Paul for a  few months attending on a very part-time basis a Catholic College a very long time ago... 1950's

Offline lomarah

• Silver
« Reply #42 on: October 24, 2012, 02:54:17 AM »
Actually the fact that you've told me I'm on your heart and that you are praying for me was a blessing to me today, just thinking about it. Thank you.  :HeartThrob:

Offline reFORMer

• < Moderator >
  • Psalm 133
« Reply #43 on: October 29, 2012, 07:44:31 AM »
whitewings

RR . . . Roger
          Ramjet

?