Author Topic: Are there former Christian Universalists?  (Read 1472 times)

Offline Sarah

Re: Are there former Christian Universalists?
« Reply #25 on: January 16, 2009, 04:30:10 PM »
we do not struggle  against others  near as much as we think we do ,

it was always Him   that we cannot   surpass   or move 

or by pass  till we see Him face to face  and that  is  what always

changes us and our course Till we are IN HIM and so well Hid in Him

Beautiful Rosered!! So true and humbling.

Offline Sarah

« Reply #26 on: January 16, 2009, 04:33:49 PM »
Nathan,

It is funny you mention the path being 'traditions of men'. I have also been told (by the Holy Spirit) that the stones in the ground that prevent the root from going deep is also 'traditions of men'. Can't you hear God saying,"Break up your fallow ground!"

Offline Nathan

• Gold
« Reply #27 on: January 16, 2009, 04:45:41 PM »
I find anymore, the laboring I experience the most is the difficulty in planting seed in a field of one who's field is like cement.  Time does seem to make a difference, but when someone is not only "used" to being in a traditional mindset, but they are also convinced any other approach is just wrong . . .you find yourself laboring . . . plowing . . .just to plant a little thing.

As you commented, the idea of the rocky soil being traditions of men may very well be just another phase of the hardened path. . .it's not a hardened path anymore, but it's not good productive soil either.  They take what you have . . one of the most frustrating things I experience is having people take the truths of Life and "include" them into the rest of their belief system.  That's a great picture of rocky soil.  They mix the good with the rigid and they may appear to be understanding and excited over spiritual matters . . .but when these things get tested through circumstances in their lives, it's not long before it becomes evident, the roots in life just didn't go that deep.  You can't mix spirit with flesh . . .you end up with rocky soil that can't support any longevity when the testing comes.

Offline legoman

« Reply #28 on: January 16, 2009, 05:09:41 PM »

Eph 6:
 11Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.
 12For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
 13Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.

Legoman

Offline rosered

• Silver
« Reply #29 on: January 16, 2009, 06:06:51 PM »

Eph 6:
 11Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.
 12For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
 13Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.

Legoman
  Hi Legoman ,
 I would say that those things are in us that we are stuggling against  Him /Word and Spirit of God with ?

Jesus Is the rock of offense and what we stumble over

Wherefore also it is contained in the scripture, Behold, I lay in Sion a chief corner stone, elect, precious: and he that believeth on him shall not be confounded.

1Pe 2:7 Unto you therefore which believe [he is] precious: but unto them which be disobedient, the stone which the builders disallowed, the same is made the head of the corner,

1Pe 2:8 And a stone of stumbling, and a rock of offence, [even to them] which stumble at the word, being disobedient: whereunto also they were appointed.
    Jesus even said in your law  I say  you are gods

that wickedness in high places and princpalities is the ego and  mini god complex , thinking we have it all figured out , whenin fact we know nothing as we ought ?
  we are  conformed by God , not ourselves  and that is a painful process
 in deed

When Jesus said make the tree good and the  fruit good 
 or make it corrupt   what was   He  speaking of ?

:HeartThrob:

Offline Sarah

« Reply #30 on: January 17, 2009, 05:20:20 AM »
one of the most frustrating things I experience is having people take the truths of Life and "include" them into the rest of their belief system.  That's a great picture of rocky soil.

Absolutely. When it was first revealed to me that hell wasn't what I thought it was, I received it with joy. But then the longer I sat on it, the root began to bump into my own traditional beliefs; lake of fire, the unpardonable, the rapture, Lucifer, etc., etc. At one point I almost abandendent the revelation, but then the Lord showed me distictly that I was the the stony soil, and not to let the stones of men's traditions destroy what He birthed in me.

Offline Nathan

• Gold
« Reply #31 on: January 19, 2009, 08:04:49 PM »
Exactly right Sarah . . .I think many of us would like to think of ourselves as that fertile soil when in truth, we all have a lot of fragmented stones in us . . bits and pieces of the law permeated through us, more so than we're willing to admit.  But the beauty is, once a seed is planted in the soil . . .it does find a way to break the surface of the ground and continues to constantly reach toward the sun as the light brings things in it into maturity and fruit begins to manifest.  Don't cut the stalk down due to the stones in the soil, let the stones be removed to "make way" for the stalk of truth to grow.

Offline rosered

• Silver
« Reply #32 on: January 19, 2009, 10:10:52 PM »
Exactly right Sarah . . .I think many of us would like to think of ourselves as that fertile soil when in truth, we all have a lot of fragmented stones in us . . bits and pieces of the law permeated through us, more so than we're willing to admit.  But the beauty is, once a seed is planted in the soil . . .it does find a way to break the surface of the ground and continues to constantly reach toward the sun as the light brings things in it into maturity and fruit begins to manifest.  Don't cut the stalk down due to the stones in the soil, let the stones be removed to "make way" for the stalk of truth to grow.
  or maybe even turn these stones to Bread [life]  :thumbsup:  bread comes  after harvest  and preparation
 A land of wheat, and barley, and vines, and fig trees, and pomegranates; a land of oil olive, and honey;

Deu 8:9 A land wherein thou shalt eat bread without scarceness, thou shalt not lack any [thing] in it; a land whose stones [are] iron, and out of whose hills thou mayest dig brass.

Deu 8:10 When thou hast eaten and art full, then thou shalt bless the LORD thy God for the good land which he hath given thee

:HeartThrob:

Offline Sarah

« Reply #33 on: January 20, 2009, 02:21:44 PM »
Don't cut the stalk down due to the stones in the soil, let the stones be removed to "make way" for the stalk of truth to grow.

Yes, I made that choice awhile ago. It is an earth shaking event but worth it.