Author Topic: an interesting experience  (Read 785 times)

Offline redhotmagma

• Bronze
an interesting experience
« on: September 17, 2011, 06:02:55 AM »
Tonight I was at a festival and I start talking with a woman and her husband.  She asks me if I'm a christian, I say yes.  She says are you filled with the holy spirit, I say yes, she asks how I know, I tell her by the fruits.  She asks me if I'm led by the Holy Spirit, she asked me a few more questions, every question was accusatory in tone, she asked if I spoke in tongues, I said no, she says, "oh well you don't have to speak in tongues to be saved anyway", I was getting the hint that she was more spiritual than me and no matter what I told her she had a better relationship.  She would one up me when I would answer yes.  She asked me if I heard HS voice audibly I told her once, which was when God revealed UR to me, and thats where the conversation led. 

I was hesitant, because of the above mentioned tone and such.  Well I told them what I believed, needless to say they were taken aback.  I tried to share, not fight, its so hard when they start giving the eye rolls, the here we go another heretic.  I gave a few of the basic UR scriptures, I got a little excited, probably warred a little more than I should have.  She starts turning her head and speaking in tongues, while I'm quoting 1 cor 15:22-all in all.  She tells me theres not something spiritually right with me, and she'll pray for me, in that backhanded way, and that they should leave.  I told them I'd love to fellowship with them, and search the Bible about this.  She says, I'm led by the holy spirit.

They were frazzled, I was frazzled, it was definitely not what I was expecting tonight, and I'm pretty sure they didn't expect to encounter me.  It is so hard not to go to battle, but I see the futility in it, again.  maybe next time I won't allow my flesh to rise up and fight, but let my spirit sow seeds, thats my prayer, and that this couple would hear what I shared, and actually test the spirits.

Anyway, at least I got my heart rate up for a bit, who needs exercise when you've got super christians roaming.  Oh yeah, and I can really see now why people hate christians.  (I don't hate these folks, I feel sad for them, and hope that they will email me and find the light of the victorious gospel.)

Online WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
Re: an interesting experience
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2011, 06:37:04 AM »
 :laughing7:
Sounds like they were afraid of something, not taken by suprise because from your post I get the impression they do this kind of questioning on regular basis.
1 Timothy 2:3-4  ...God our Savior;  Who will have all men to be saved...
John 12:47  And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.
Romans 4:5 But to the one who does not work, but believes in the one who declares the ungodly righteous ...

Offline micah7:9

• Gold
  • Mic 7:8 Thou dost not rejoice over me, O mine ene
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2011, 07:48:40 AM »
"Oh yeah, and I can really see now why people hate christians."

I do no respond to being a christian, still there are Christians who are hearing. They have not been led out yet, but they will be.

Without sounding abrasive, perhaps just getting more into the Word, and letting the Holy Spirit speak your words will vitalize you. Years back I was called out of a speaking in tongues Pentecostal church, I have learned that those who claim the gift of speaking in tongues have a spirit that is some what pride full. I dont know you but your experience was a learning step, be happy, you are growing. :dsunny: :happyclap: :happyclap:
Mic 7:8  Thou dost not rejoice over me, O mine enemy, When I have fallen, I have risen, When I sit in darkness Jehovah is a light to me.

Offline shawn

• Bronze
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2011, 04:57:03 PM »
Take this as one man's opinion and nothing more.  But, I am not a big proponent of "spreading UR".  While I am putting my thoughts, and research down in official format for some in the future to read...I am selective.  Not everyone is ready for this information.  And, if it's going to destroy relationships that I cherish or am trying to establish then it's something I will keep to myself for a season.

Recently, I began sharing UR with family.  It was initially received, but has now become something I fear with turn toxic.  It's already getting uncomfortable...with a pastor uncle wanting to "debate me".  I would assume he wants to "squash the heresy that is believing in UR". 

While I like a good hearted debate...iron sharpening iron...I know what these kinds of things turn into....ego. 

Offline sheila

• Gold
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2011, 05:38:16 PM »
 all don't receive the same gifts of the Holy spirit..so when one uses a gift to elevate self..instead of 'sharing the gift to edifiy all' and 'disses' other body members

for not having that particular gift...it is the 'sin in the flesh' and corruption of the old adam that is doing this.   Who knows what was said in the spirit of tongues

it may have been a rebuke spoken to her..and a testimony of the truth that you said.   though her outer man totally unaware..   though if no

interpreter of the utterance were available...she should have remained silent

Offline redhotmagma

• Bronze
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2011, 08:12:00 PM »
Sheila I almost said very similar things to her that you just said. But the conversation had already turned sour and I didnt want to inflame it.

Shawn I agree most people arent ready and I am quite selective. But we have truth and it shouldnt be hiddEn either.  Its almost like taking the doctrine of reserve.  I understand the cost of relationship that comes with being a "heretic". Its wierd with my mom and two couples we've shared with. Not sharing this wonderful news with people makes me sick inside though. And if people ask well theyre gonna get a truthful answer. I guess being trained in discernment is part of the path

Offline shawn

• Bronze
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2011, 10:47:24 PM »
Sheila I almost said very similar things to her that you just said. But the conversation had already turned sour and I didnt want to inflame it.

Shawn I agree most people arent ready and I am quite selective. But we have truth and it shouldnt be hiddEn either.  Its almost like taking the doctrine of reserve.  I understand the cost of relationship that comes with being a "heretic". Its wierd with my mom and two couples we've shared with. Not sharing this wonderful news with people makes me sick inside though. And if people ask well theyre gonna get a truthful answer. I guess being trained in discernment is part of the path

I don't see it as anything like doctrine of reserves.  I see it as some people do not want to hear this message, and relationships can and will be broken over it.  I have no desire to get into a war of words.  I have no desire to prove how right I am.  But, I do want to be in a position from a relationship with others stand point that allows me to share when the field is prepared for planting.

Offline sheila

• Gold
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2011, 01:29:57 AM »
HI rhm,

MY COMMENT WAS NOT IN any wAY..directed at you in what you should do. I think you haNdled it well by NOT imflaming.  Really,you were the one there...

and it seems obvious this person was not open to receiving aything from you[of which you would have,if given opportunity,Blessed them]  But the fifth degree

aNd spiritual'sizing up" of yourself. BY THIS PERSON..to me was all 'ego' Some people like to stand on your back..they think it makes them a little taller.You know as well

as I do,that it is not His desire that we behave in such a manner.

iSAAIH 51;23   sEE,i HAVE TAKEN OUT OF YOUR HANDS THE CUP OF MY WRATH THAT MADE YOU STAGGER. i WILL PUT IT IN THE HANDSOF YOUR TORMENTORS,

WHO SAID TO YOU ,'FALL PROSTRATE, THAT WE MAY WALK OVER YOU,AND YOU MADE YOUR BACK LIKE THE GROUND,LIKE A STREET TO BE

WALKED OVER

Offline Molly

• Gold
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2011, 02:35:04 AM »

7How beautiful upon the mountains are the feet of him that bringeth good tidings, that publisheth peace; that bringeth good tidings of good, that publisheth salvation; that saith unto Zion, Thy God reigneth!

--Isa 52

Offline redhotmagma

• Bronze
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2011, 05:05:21 AM »
Sheila I didn't take it that way, I was agreeing with you, I wanted to unleash on her (I still have such a strong urge to utterly humiliate my opponents in a debate) but was restrained. 

Shawn, I hear you, thats the same stance I've been taking.