Author Topic: addressing Christian leaders  (Read 416 times)

Offline sven

addressing Christian leaders
« on: July 05, 2009, 03:12:43 PM »
has anyone of you ever had the idea of adressing Christian leaders on the subject of universalism:

I came across that page:

http://www.pastors.com/

martincisneros

Re: addressing Christian leaders
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2009, 05:22:12 PM »
Apart from going in there with signs, wonders, and miracles and other operations of the Holy Spirit where the layman is concerned, while sharing line upon line and precept upon precept through the Bible, it's pretty much a waste of time to deal with the layman anyway on UR, unless the Holy Spirit really spoke to you about it.  Pastors need the same signs and wonders of the Holy Spirit, so don't misunderstand me, but they're going to be the ones that will have spent more quality time with the Scriptures -- one would hope (and I realize I'm speaking very generally regarding that) -- than your average layman. 

The fun ones to really pick on are specially anointed Apostles, Prophets, Evangelists, Teachers, Healing Evangelists and Workers of Miracles, Administrations, Mega-Pastors, and Bishops in the Body of Christ 'cause they know they're praying and pressing in with their praise and waiting upon God for that one or two missing pieces of the puzzle that would bring the whole thing into focus with greater clarity and help them with the deliverance and restoration of humanity and the discipleship of the nations. 

So, they're clinging to the very promises already that ultimately point to the Universal Restoration, but as Acts 17 would say, they're worshipping in ignorance.  Change the life of a really powerful man of God that's shaking cities with revivals, jails with revivals, nursing homes and hospitals with outpourings of the Holy Spirit, regions, whole nations, or continents and when they've prayed through their congregations, friends, partners, and those that are really supportive of their ministry then you've got whole movements in the Body that wind up going UR once the Biblical understanding and prayer breakthroughs are there with their fasting and thanksgiving for His outpoured Spirit.

Offline WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2009, 06:52:39 PM »
it's pretty much a waste of time to deal with the layman anyway on UR

I wonder if that's true. Indeed if you can change a very influential pastor he will change others too.
But the solid scriptual background of pastors also makes for a bigger defense that's harder to break down.
The layman may be easier to convert. The converted layman also has unconverted layman friends s/he speaks with.
Just a personal thought I can't prove is that I think that many ETs silently hope that hell doesn't exist.

Just my thoughts. Just my  :2c: and you know the current value of  :2c:  :laughing7:
1 Timothy 2:3-4  ...God our Savior;  Who will have all men to be saved...
John 12:47  And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.
Romans 4:5 But to the one who does not work, but believes in the one who declares the ungodly righteous ...

Offline sven

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2009, 10:38:57 PM »
I came to the opinion that very many teachers are hypocrites, searching only their own profit, the fear of hell is good for business, I don't believe that they truly believe the doctrines they endorse, I think nominal Christendom is a business as politics, I think the men on top might know that the things they teach are not true at all, however they keep on doing so that business keeps running.

do you think this mega churches would exist without the fear of hell?, but at least it would be good, if they would know, that many people no longer believe their doctrines.