Author Topic: A Blessed New year to One and ALL  (Read 681 times)

Offline Taffy

• Gold
A Blessed New year to One and ALL
« on: January 01, 2011, 01:42:04 AM »
A Blessed New year to One and ALL :icon_flower: :icon_flower: :icon_flower: :icon_flower: :icon_flower: :icon_flower: :icon_flower: :icon_flower: :icon_flower: :icon_flower: :icon_flower: :icon_flower: :icon_flower: :icon_flower: :icon_flower: :icon_flower: :icon_flower: :icon_flower: :icon_flower: :icon_flower: :icon_flower: :icon_flower: :icon_flower: :icon_flower: :icon_flower: :icon_flower: :icon_flower: :icon_flower: :icon_flower: :icon_flower: :icon_flower: :icon_flower: :icon_flower: :icon_flower: :icon_flower: :icon_flower: :icon_flower:
Like wise to Old Board Members who are No Longer here - more then a few to Mention

:HeartThrob: :HeartThrob: :HeartThrob: :HeartThrob: :HeartThrob: :HeartThrob:

Isa 29:18 And in that day shall the deaf hear the words of the book, and the eyes of the blind shall see out of obscurity, and out of darkness.

Offline jabcat

• Admin
  • SINNER SAVED BY GRACE
Re: A Blessed New year to One and ALL
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2011, 02:18:04 AM »
Blessings, comfort, and peace.
Neither should there be vulgar speech, foolish talk, or coarse jesting--all of which are out of character--but rather thanksgiving.  Eph. 5:4  **  Saved 1John 3.2, Eph. 2:8, John 1:12 - Being saved 2Cor. 4:16 2Peter 3:18 - Will be saved 1Peter 1:5 Romans 8:23

Offline Taffy

• Gold
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2011, 02:23:29 AM »
Blessings, comfort, and peace.
:icon_flower:
Right Back at Ya James :icon_flower: :icon_flower: :icon_flower: :icon_flower:
Isa 29:18 And in that day shall the deaf hear the words of the book, and the eyes of the blind shall see out of obscurity, and out of darkness.

PaoloNuevo

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2011, 02:44:25 AM »
Happy New Year!!

May our 2011 be filled with Christ Consciousness, Christ-likeness and in doing so we have eternal life everyday.

Offline thinktank

• Silver
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2011, 04:59:33 PM »
It has occured to me that the new year is based on the pagan calendar. So should a christian celebrate the new year?

Online WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2011, 05:48:56 PM »
Not just a pagan calendar but a pagan festival of scaring demons out of town with loud noises.

Next new year is 1 Tishri - 29 September 2011
1 Timothy 2:3-4  ...God our Savior;  Who will have all men to be saved...
John 12:47  And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.
Romans 4:5 But to the one who does not work, but believes in the one who declares the ungodly righteous ...

Offline micah7:9

• Gold
  • Mic 7:8 Thou dost not rejoice over me, O mine ene
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2011, 07:49:08 PM »
Personally I recognize the new year, because it is a new year, I do not celebrate the day.

Gal 4:10  days ye observe, and months, and times, and years!
Gal 4:11  I am afraid of you, lest in vain I did labour toward you.
Mic 7:8  Thou dost not rejoice over me, O mine enemy, When I have fallen, I have risen, When I sit in darkness Jehovah is a light to me.

Offline Taffy

• Gold
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2011, 10:27:48 PM »
It has occured to me that the new year is based on the pagan calendar. So should a christian celebrate the new year?
Hi tt
Celebrating or not is irrelavant for mine - what Important is the desire to see Men Blessed by the favour of the Lord - be it Now or the other 364 days this the  Roman calender -[ personally such earthy festivals hold no meaning to me]- as  were the Holy days [ Lev 23][ which derived the word Holi-days] removed , which are scriptural and hold a great deal more spiritual significance ,pertaining to the shadow of salvation for all  in the physical keeping  Feasts to the Lord under the NC -- for we dwell in the Spirit - no longer after the Flesh :icon_flower:

Blessings :icon_flower:
« Last Edit: January 02, 2011, 12:17:42 AM by Taffy »

Offline jabcat

• Admin
  • SINNER SAVED BY GRACE
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2011, 11:04:10 PM »
 :thumbsup:
Neither should there be vulgar speech, foolish talk, or coarse jesting--all of which are out of character--but rather thanksgiving.  Eph. 5:4  **  Saved 1John 3.2, Eph. 2:8, John 1:12 - Being saved 2Cor. 4:16 2Peter 3:18 - Will be saved 1Peter 1:5 Romans 8:23

Offline thinktank

• Silver
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2011, 06:42:40 PM »
Hi tt
Celebrating or not is irrelavant for mine - what Important is the desire to see Men Blessed by the favour of the Lord - be it Now or the other 364 days this the  Roman calender -[ personally such earthy festivals hold no meaning to me]- as  were the Holy days [ Lev 23][ which derived the word Holi-days] removed , which are scriptural and hold a great deal more spiritual significance ,pertaining to the shadow of salvation for all  in the physical keeping  Feasts to the Lord under the NC -- for we dwell in the Spirit - no longer after the Flesh :icon_flower:

Blessings :icon_flower:

Good answer. I personaly have no problem with a christian celebrating the new year or christmas. I wanted to see other peoples opinion on the matter.

But I think God in these times would like us to start taking more notice of his celebrations, feasts etc and to see whether we will take the same time and effort that we take to celebrate pagan celebrations towards his festivals.

pollypinks

« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2011, 02:59:35 AM »
No problem with celebrating any day of the year.  I can't find a place on this site for my question, and it's been bugging me for some time.  Since there is so much legalism and ritualism in churches, just exactly where does one go to fellowship with likewise UR?  I do enjoy my presbyterian church, but having listened to much of Gary's sermons, it just seems like there is so much "stuff" made up in church just for the sake of making it up.

Offline Cardinal

• < Moderator >
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2011, 09:05:07 PM »
 :cloud9:  :thumbsup:
"I would rather train twenty men to pray, than a thousand to preach; A minister's highest mission ought to be to teach his people to pray." -H. MacGregor