Author Topic: 200+ e-books (partly) about UR  (Read 958 times)

Offline WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
« Last Edit: October 09, 2008, 08:59:09 AM by WhiteWings »
1 Timothy 2:3-4  ...God our Savior;  Who will have all men to be saved...
John 12:47  And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.
Romans 4:5 But to the one who does not work, but believes in the one who declares the ungodly righteous ...

martincisneros

Re: 500+ e-books (partly) about UR
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2008, 12:56:47 AM »
Thanks for posting that link.  I believe that they've got a copy of Elhanan Winchester's "The Universal Restoration" which is the absolute best book that I've ever read on the Universal Restoration.  I just googled Elhanan Winchester's name to see what came up via the regular search engine and google apparently also has the 1836 biography about him that Edwin Martin Stone put together on him.  They seem to also have other books by him that I've never read before.  I own a copy of the biography.  It's both a biography and a buffet of choice portions of many of his books.  I haven't had a look at it, but if the online version is identical to mine, then it might close with Elhanan Winchester's complete refutation to Thomas Paine's "The Age of Reason."  If anyone's not familiar with Elhanan Winchester, he was both a UR evangelist/theologian of the late 1700s and he had one of those 210 I.Q.s to where he could teach himself a new language in a single day.  He learned French that way.  Never checked his references with a Bible while writing a book for the chapter/verse numbers, and was often writing while engaged in one or two completely unrelated conversations as his hand scribbled away at a new book without being distracted or losing his train of thought.  Any oopses along those lines with particular printings of any of his books are more likely to have been a printer oops than a mistake of his.  For me personally, it's always a treat to get to read the stuff of an actual genius.

Offline WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
Re: 200+ e-books (partly) about UR
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2008, 09:08:48 AM »

I believe that they've got a copy of Elhanan Winchester's "The Universal Restoration"

Not sure about the title but I'm certain I downloaded something of Elhanan Winchester.
Pitty it mostly (all) are non OCRed books. So I'll miss teh search function of a e-book.

I changed the title from 500+ to 200+
Partly because I got 5 pages of hits when I searched; but when I went to page 2 suddenly Google reported a total of 3 pages. Some book aren't even about religion.
Try other keyword combinations for other hits.
Search tip: Goto advanced and select complete view. Those are the only out of copyright that can be downloaded.

If Martin doesn't mind I would like to use this thread to exchange titles of good books found on Google books.
John 12:47  And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.
Romans 4:5 But to the one who does not work, but believes in the one who declares the ungodly righteous ...

Offline WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2008, 02:39:22 PM »
Elhanan Winchester's "The Universal Restoration"

Is that the book where he writes to 4 friends?
« Last Edit: October 10, 2008, 11:48:00 AM by WhiteWings »

Offline WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2008, 12:50:05 PM »
« Last Edit: October 11, 2008, 11:37:48 AM by WhiteWings »

Paul Hazelwood

« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2008, 05:07:21 PM »
Very cool,

I just started reading this

A History of the Origin and Progress of the Doctrine of Universal Salvation

and realized that this was written during a time when the scientific theories of Blood humours existed,  While it does not change the point the writer was making by refering to that,  it was very interesting to read something like that.

Paul Hazelwood

« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2008, 06:21:37 PM »

In case anyone is interested, when you load one of the books to read, you can do a save as in IE and it will save it to your hard drive.

At least it worked for me that way with one book,  I did not try but the one.

Offline WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2008, 08:03:13 PM »
You mean saving the .pdf Paul?
I've downloaded many .pdf's but would also like to save the text variant.

I tried to OCR them but.... one big fiaco.
Bad quailty scan/source and I'm not sure what font they are printed in.

I would like recommend "God's plan" from the download link.
I think it's a good book. But then what do I know  :laugh2:
« Last Edit: October 11, 2008, 08:23:09 PM by WhiteWings »

Paul Hazelwood

« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2008, 08:37:48 PM »
The first link opens a page where  a lot of things are in a language I do know, I found the link for the .pdf.
If a .pdf is not available for all of them, you can click "file" in the browser and  click "save as" and it will save it that way.

Maybe that idea is not useful now that I see you can get the .pdf too.

Offline WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites

Offline WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2008, 04:39:50 PM »
A UR book you might like: The inescapable love of God
http://www.amazon.com/Inescapable-Love-God-Thomas-Talbott/dp/1581128312/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1229178413&sr=1-1

It's hard to review because it has no real storyline. It's an UR book but it doesn't endlessly list UR verses.
I picks out a few verses and analyzes them. I quotes opponents and then refutes them.
I enclosed 6 pages from the book that, IMO, give  a good impression of the book.
It's about "all" being really all instead of a small group

Offline fullarmor2

« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2008, 05:04:10 PM »
Wow!    I had the same feeling going here as I do when I go to Tentmaker.org.     :boogie:
« Last Edit: December 13, 2008, 05:07:30 PM by fullarmor2 »
For all those who live in the shadow of death,  a glorious light has dawned!  And for all those who stumble in the darkness,   behold,   your light has come!!

Offline WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites

Online micah7:9

• Gold
  • Mic 7:8 Thou dost not rejoice over me, O mine ene
« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2011, 10:28:37 PM »
Thanks! :hihat: WW
Mic 7:8  Thou dost not rejoice over me, O mine enemy, When I have fallen, I have risen, When I sit in darkness Jehovah is a light to me.