Author Topic: #2 -- Is use of Marijuana, SINFUL?  (Read 9937 times)

Offline Seth

• Gold
Re: #2 -- Is use of Marijuana, SINFUL?
« Reply #125 on: November 27, 2009, 06:30:23 PM »
This STILL does not answer the question... :mnah:  I did not ask you if marijuana was "sinful" in general, nor about legalities...

I asked you... that if an ANNOINTED message comes forth and marijuana is involved... what do have to say of this?  :dontknow:

Does this answer mean that I can write ANNOINTED message or song, or edify God and use marijuana while doing this, ONLY if I live in a country that it is LEGAL?  :mshock:

Sorry, I didn't realize your question was concerning legality, just whether I thought use of pot was sinful in that specific case regardless of legality. So, I thought I was answering that question. You can write an annointed song and edify God without using pot since God is not confined to pot use to enable a person to do that. That being the case, then I would say yes, to your question. The obvious exception would be if someone says that the status of pot as an illegal substance hinders their obedience to God. In that case however, one would be admitting that edification, spiritual revelation and obedience to God is DEPENDANT on physical substances rather than simply "worshipping in spirit and in truth." If Spirit and truth are not sufficient enough to edify God and gain spiritual revelation to the full maximum without pot use for a person, then I am sure the person could justify breaking the law to make those spiritual gains.

This would mean that GOD is confined to ANNOINTING on the [PHYSICAL] geographical location, and is further confined to the Administration of MANS LAW... not His...

Well, since God is not confined to pot use to enable his anointing, then you obeying the laws to not use it would not confine him in any way. Unless one were to think God needs a person to smoke something to let his anointing loose. That in itself would be confining.

He blesses us according to HIS WILL, when HE DECIDES to bless us, and IN HIS TIME -- ANNOINTING is shed upon us to fill our NEED and/or necessary for our growth IN HIM.

Agreed.  :thumbsup:

No offense bro, but this is an evasive answer as well...  Please note what YOU consider to be the -- "LIVING WORD", and (if NOT the BIBLE) --  WHERE is this "WORD" found?  :Chinscratch:

Jesus Christ. And that Word is found in his temple which is his people.

It appears you rely upon SPIRITUAL revelation, which is OUTSIDE the WRITTEN WORD...

That is your choice.  To me, this is either the practice of ADDITION or SUBTRACTION of the WRITTEN WORD...

As always, it is not my intention to change or convince you in any way.  Your life and the conduct within it, is an issue between you and God.  :HeartThrob:

Like I said, we can agree to disagree, however I am not talking about having revelation outside the written word. If the written word does not call out marijuana SPECIFICALLY, the Holy Spirit leads me to know that pot use in MY case causes a lack of sobriety that He means me to have, by which it becomes sinful behavior FOR ME (speaking individually). And such leading against behaviors which causes a lack of sober living IN ME is of course hardly a new revelation contrary to the written word.

And this is done by the REVELATION which is availed in the WRITTEN WORD.  If "revelation" is found OUTSIDE the WORD, then it is in question.  For we can "play" with this or that, and then say that GOD revealed something which was not founded in what we KNOW is His WORD.  This is where CULT RELIGION is born.  A messenger says he/she has revelation... and does not found this revelation in the WORD of YHVH...

The Spirit leading one in righteousness is NOT contrary to the written Word. And, as I have noted, I did not make a general rule FOR YOU. Only that if any BEHAVIOR causes one to act AGAINST the conduct of righteousness underlined in the written word and moved upon by the Spirit, then it becomes sinful behavior.

The "exception" bro... is the conscience.  If you esteem marijuana use to be sinful, then it is sinful to YOU.  And this measure is personal.  Not to be imposed upon another. -- Rom 14:14

And the reason I esteem pot use to be sinful TO ME is because the Spirit guides me to know that it was a causal factor FOR ME in not living soberly according to the standard of righteousness that the written word commands and that the Spirit guides in fulfilling.  

Stay where you are concerning this brother Seth... you have much life ahead of you to learn... and in that life, you will find that as you step into your years... there shall be "understandings" which you now hold, which you shall abandon.  Life is a process... and you are in the youth of your process.  You have yet to step upon the stones of time that I have already traversed.

That does not mean that I am right and you are wrong.  What it means is that both of us must be seeking REVELATION from God IN HIS WORD, instead of depending upon ourselves, and our "feelings"

The written word is much like the Constitution. It is the LETTER. Yet there is a judge who interprets the words, and that judge is not me but "Christ in me the hope of glory."

The "SPIRIT" is much more than a "deliverer" brother.  The SPIRIT of YHVH is ALL encompassing, and about WORKING ALL THINGS, part of which is "deliverance".  

Brother, i didn't say that the spirit is ONLY a deliverer.

Though sovereignty is not allowed to be discussed at TM... I must say (and you are welcome to disagree) each and ALL of our "choices" are foreordained, and DECLARED...  We are "choosing" according to that DECLARATION... God is NO RESPECTER of PERSONS...

Our "choosing" does not move God... God moves our choices.  The POTTER dictates the molding of the clay... the clay is resistant by nature... but must submit to the will and timing of the POTTER, as well as becoming the END PRODUCT of HIS making, not of oneself.  Again... there are things you are yet to find, in your future bro...  :happygrin:

I totally agree.

There is no basis for this.  I repeat my question which you have evaded several times... When EDIFICATION and SPIRITUAL REVELATION is found in a message which is delivered by one using marijuana... shall you disregard that because marijuana was in use?

Brother, you asked me how I would determine misuse. I just gave you the answer. The question you asked just NOW, I see as a different question, not regarding what my standard of misuse is but whether I would disregard edification if pot were in use at the time. I would not disregard edification and spiritual revelation just because someone is using pot while doing it, and neither would I credit pot as needful for that.

Did you really say this, Seth?  :bigGrin:

The LAW of LIBERTY is the LAW of GOD... pretty plainly noted in James.  That "law" does not discuss marijuana.  

It is your Unscriptural opinion that MARIJUANA is an "ENSLAVING" entity.  Just as you might argue that ALCOHOL is an "ENSLAVING" entity.  And therefore bunch these 2 together and come up with SIN.

The law of liberty discusses "liberty" and behavior (in this case use of pot for ME in MY case) which can BECOME an enslaving entity, is behavior that works against that liberty.

It is the UNSUBMITTED and mischoosing, misled, mind and heart that ENSLAVES, not the substances of marijuana and alcohol.  For the HEART by nature is DESPARATELY WICKED -- Jer 17:9

Looks like it.  :dontknow:

Yep! :nod:

Everyone has different experiences I suppose.

I do not argue against your testimony Seth.  I believe you when you say that marijuana contributes to this dilemma.  However, the fact that you had this same thing (impure thinking) PRIOR or ASIDE from marijuana use, exposes that as a "SOBER" problem as well...  

Are you talking about the ROOT problem. Yet, the branches of a tree are just as much part of the tree as the root, just as physical chains can be an entrapment as the person who tied the person down. I agree bro, pot is not the ROOT problem, but a tree is more than its root. I am saying that for me pot was a negative influence making my mind leading to a lack of sobriety. The slave owner is the carnal mind, and the chains are the substances ranging from eating food to consuming alcohol to smoking pot in each individual case whether legal or illegal. Those actions are not sinful if they do not cause slavery to ungodliness, but they are sinful actions if they do.

Thanks for your honesty... this further cements that marijuana is not the "cause" for both before and after use,  (aside from marijuana) you have had this same problem occur...  Learn about yourself bro... there is no shame in learning.

You cannot blame marijuana for IMPURE thinking, for its experience has occured aside from use.  The IMPURE thinking, is prompting from the FLESH, whether or not marijuana is used.

And pot and other substances work in the flesh to CAUSE impure thoughts. A causal factor does not indicate the root issue, nor was it my intention to suggest it was.

« Last Edit: November 27, 2009, 10:51:12 PM by Seth »

Offline Cardinal

• < Moderator >
« Reply #126 on: November 27, 2009, 06:51:23 PM »
 :cloud9: God spoke an anointed message out of a donkey too, but I'm pretty sure He didn't want us to consume their food (weeds) so that He could use us that way, too, LOL......

The fact that He used you under the anointing in that state of mind is not an indication of His acceptance of it, but rather of His grace and the fact that the gifts of God are given without repentance.

Nor does He want us to send up any offering made by smoke unless it's our flesh on the altar, which releases our spirit to rise/ascend, in which case then it's a sweet smelling savor unto the Lord.

And as in all states, He loves you and so do I........Blessings.... :girlheart:
"I would rather train twenty men to pray, than a thousand to preach; A minister's highest mission ought to be to teach his people to pray." -H. MacGregor

Online WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
« Reply #127 on: November 27, 2009, 07:18:04 PM »
I see it this way.
There is a set of laws. Breaking them is sin.
All other things are not sin. That includes smoking weed and feeding birds.
But if smoking weed or feeding birds makes you do sinful things then stop doing it.
And that varies from person to person.

Of course if one of the laws for example forbids smoking then smoking weed/anything is a sin.
The same applies to the alchol thread.

:2c:
1 Timothy 2:3-4  ...God our Savior;  Who will have all men to be saved...
John 12:47  And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.
Romans 4:5 But to the one who does not work, but believes in the one who declares the ungodly righteous ...

Offline Molly

• Gold
« Reply #128 on: November 27, 2009, 07:23:14 PM »
Exodus 30:9
Ye shall offer no strange incense thereon, nor burnt sacrifice, nor meat offering; neither shall ye pour drink offering thereon.

Could this apply?

Online WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
« Reply #129 on: November 27, 2009, 07:25:14 PM »
Not unless you present the joint as an offer to God.

Plus there are no offerings anymore because Jesus was the perfect everlasting offer that doesn't have constantly be renewed like the offer mentioned in that verse.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2009, 07:29:57 PM by WhiteWings »
John 12:47  And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.
Romans 4:5 But to the one who does not work, but believes in the one who declares the ungodly righteous ...

Offline jabcat

• Admin
  • SINNER SAVED BY GRACE
« Reply #130 on: November 27, 2009, 07:26:43 PM »
:cloud9: God spoke an anointed message out of a donkey too, but I'm pretty sure He didn't want us to consume their food (weeds) so that He could use us that way, too, LOL......

The fact that He used you under the anointing in that state of mind is not an indication of His acceptance of it, but rather of His grace and the fact that the gifts of God are given without repentance.

Nor does He want us to send up any offering made by smoke unless it's our flesh on the altar, which releases our spirit to rise/ascend, in which case then it's a sweet smelling savor unto the Lord.

And as in all states, He loves you and so do I........Blessings.... :girlheart:

Very good thoughts to consider.  I'm personally having a very hard time picturing the Pure, Holy Spirit operating through a joint.  :scratchhead:

WW said;  "Of course if one of the laws for example forbids smoking then smoking weed/anything is a sin.
The same applies to the alchol thread."

Yep, we still have the "obey those in authority, obey the law of the land" to deal with - in MANY things, don't we?  Confession/example.  God's really been dealing with me lately about breaking the speed (driving) limit.  I'm thinking He's cleaning me up a little bit more.  Anyway, sometimes I get so sick of what our government is doing with our tax money, sometimes I wonder if there's any way I could "hold some back"  :mblush:.  Then I realize that any way that's not legal is sin, because it's in direct disobedience to the authority/law scriptures above.  If a person wants to TOTALLY base things on the written Word, then it seems to me there it is.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2009, 07:31:33 PM by jabcat »
Neither should there be vulgar speech, foolish talk, or coarse jesting--all of which are out of character--but rather thanksgiving.  Eph. 5:4  **  Saved 1John 3.2, Eph. 2:8, John 1:12 - Being saved 2Cor. 4:16 2Peter 3:18 - Will be saved 1Peter 1:5 Romans 8:23

Offline jabcat

• Admin
  • SINNER SAVED BY GRACE
« Reply #131 on: November 27, 2009, 07:29:23 PM »
Our whole body is to be a living sacrifice.  Not saying I'm good at it, I'm saying that's what we're told to do...to press toward.  Personally I got a ways to go.
Neither should there be vulgar speech, foolish talk, or coarse jesting--all of which are out of character--but rather thanksgiving.  Eph. 5:4  **  Saved 1John 3.2, Eph. 2:8, John 1:12 - Being saved 2Cor. 4:16 2Peter 3:18 - Will be saved 1Peter 1:5 Romans 8:23

Offline Molly

• Gold
« Reply #132 on: November 27, 2009, 07:34:10 PM »
Our whole body is to be a living sacrifice.  Not saying I'm good at it, I'm saying that's what we're told to do...to press toward.  Personally I got a ways to go.

Right.  So we might defile the temple of God with many things, lust for money, unmarried sex, adultery, ingestion of drugs or alcohol, --isn't this what sin is all about?  What Cardinal said about idols.  Not that we are bad people doing something bad, necessarily, but that we are defiling the temple of the living God?

Offline jabcat

• Admin
  • SINNER SAVED BY GRACE
« Reply #133 on: November 27, 2009, 07:35:35 PM »
I think so, and that's not without consequences.  I experience them. God's a healing, loving Father, but sometimes we do carry a limp with us.  
« Last Edit: November 27, 2009, 07:41:18 PM by jabcat »

Online WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
« Reply #134 on: November 27, 2009, 07:38:16 PM »
WW said;  "Of course if one of the laws for example forbids smoking then smoking weed/anything is a sin.
The same applies to the alchol thread."

Yep, we still have the "obey those in authority, obey the law of the land" to deal with - in MANY things, don't we?
I think we will keep running in circles this way. Such view require sevearl seperate answers.

a] Did God forbid it?
b] Does it lead us to sin? => For example the joint is not a sin but if you start killing when you smoke... stop smoking.
c] Is it forbidden in the country where you live? If yes does God care?

I think Willie is looking for an answer to question "a"

Online WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
« Reply #135 on: November 27, 2009, 07:40:59 PM »
Right.  So we might defile the temple of God with many things, lust for money, unmarried sex, adultery, ingestion of drugs or alcohol, --isn't this what sin is all about?
Well Molly you can't answer the question that way  :winkgrin:
You have to show a verse that shows me Jesus defiled His temple when He drank wine....

Offline jabcat

• Admin
  • SINNER SAVED BY GRACE
« Reply #136 on: November 27, 2009, 07:46:36 PM »
Jesus was accused of being a wine bibber (abuser [drunkard]), but he didn't...it was an untrue accusation. 

As far as going in circles?  You may be right about that.  I actually thought I was done with this thread.  We can all at least temporarily justify (rationalize) our behavior.  It comes down to either the explicit scriptures, and/or the Holy Spirit leading and convicting inside of each individual.  I can be in total denial of something, trying to justify my sins (to my shame, I have done so), refusing to look at the evidence because it threatens me - what I want or feel a need to do - but it will always come down to what do the scriptures and the Holy Spirit say inside of me.  Either now, or later, I will be obedient.  What happens in the meantime?

Offline Seth

• Gold
« Reply #137 on: November 27, 2009, 07:48:54 PM »
Jesus was accused of being a wine bibber (abuser [drunkard]), but he didn't...it was an untrue accusation. 

As far as going in circles?  You may be right about that.  I actually thought I was done with this thread.  We can all at least temporarily justify (rationalize) our behavior.  It comes down to either the explicit scriptures, and/or the Holy Spirit leading and convicting inside of each individual.  I can be in total denial of something, trying to justify my sins (to my shame, I have done so), refusing to look at the evidence because it threatens me - what I want or feel a need to do - but it will always come down to what do the scriptures and the Holy Spirit say inside of me.  Either now, or later, I will be obedient.  What happens in the meantime?

Amen!  :thumbsup:

Offline jabcat

• Admin
  • SINNER SAVED BY GRACE
« Reply #138 on: November 27, 2009, 07:52:49 PM »
Also, I think probably plenty of information has been presented on all sides of this argument for one to make up their mind one way or the other - i.e., sin or not sin, why or why not, etc.  At some point, at the end of the day, it's between that individual and God.  Someone can give me a load of truth, even 3 or 4 times and in 3 or 4 different ways.  If I'm open and honest, I'll receive it and it will help change my life for the better.  If I'm being stubborn and/or in denial, I will reject it and continue to rationalize my behavior.  What else can really be said about this topic?  Maybe somebody's got something new.   :dontknow:

(thanks seth, back at'cha)  

Offline Molly

• Gold
« Reply #139 on: November 27, 2009, 07:56:12 PM »
Our whole body is to be a living sacrifice.  Not saying I'm good at it, I'm saying that's what we're told to do...to press toward.  Personally I got a ways to go.
Right.  So we might defile the temple of God with many things, lust for money, unmarried sex, adultery, ingestion of drugs or alcohol, --isn't this what sin is all about?
Well Molly you can't answer the question that way  :winkgrin:
You have to show a verse that shows me Jesus defiled His temple when He drank wine....
Obviously, he didn't.  But they accused him of being a glutton and a drunkard.

19The Son of Man came eating and drinking, and they say, 'Look at him! A glutton and a drunkard, a friend of tax collectors and sinners!' Yet wisdom is justified by her deeds."

--Mat 11

16"But to what shall I compare this generation? It is like children sitting in the marketplaces and calling to their playmates,
 17"'We played the flute for you, and you did not dance;
   we sang a dirge, and you did not mourn.'

18For John came neither eating nor drinking, and they say, 'He has a demon.' 19The Son of Man came eating and drinking, and they say, 'Look at him! A glutton and a drunkard, a friend of tax collectors and sinners!' Yet wisdom is justified by her deeds."

--Mat 11

« Last Edit: November 27, 2009, 08:02:11 PM by Molly »

Online WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
« Reply #140 on: November 27, 2009, 08:05:48 PM »
For me the simple fact that Jesus drank wine is proof that alcohol is not forbidden. Of course that doesn't clearly show being drunk is or isn't forbidden.

As far as going in circles?  You may be right about that.  I actually thought I was done with this thread.  We can all at least temporarily justify (rationalize) our behavior.  It comes down to either the explicit scriptures, and/or the Holy Spirit leading and convicting inside of each individual.
I think it's good for all involved that the 3 questions are answered seperately. Backed up with some verses.
Personally I see no harm in alcohol/weed as explained a few posts back.
But I'm less conviced about using it in a country where it's forbidden because of this verse:
Mark 12:17  And Jesus answering said unto them, Render to Caesar the things that are Caesar's, and to God the things that are God's. And they marvelled at him.

Is the anti drugs policy of the USA something "rendered to Caesar Obama"?
Ofcourse we don't render things to Ceasar what are against God's laws.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2009, 08:22:38 PM by WhiteWings »

Online WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
« Reply #141 on: November 27, 2009, 08:09:01 PM »
Our whole body is to be a living sacrifice.  Not saying I'm good at it, I'm saying that's what we're told to do...to press toward.  Personally I got a ways to go.
Right.  So we might defile the temple of God with many things, lust for money, unmarried sex, adultery, ingestion of drugs or alcohol, --isn't this what sin is all about?
Well Molly you can't answer the question that way  :winkgrin:
Obviously, he didn't.  But they accused him of being a glutton and a drunkard.
So we agree that drinking alcohol without getting drunk is not a sin?

Offline Molly

• Gold
« Reply #142 on: November 27, 2009, 08:14:58 PM »
Quote from: ww
For me the simple fact that Jesus drank wine if proof that alcohol is not forbidden. Of course that doesn't clearly show being drunk is or isn't forbidden.

We see God railing against his drunken priests.  To whom will he explain his message if his priests are all a bunch of drunks?  So, I'd say there is a line that is crossed.  Of course, they can also be drunk with power, or any other foul thing.

These also reel with wine
   and stagger with strong drink;
the priest and the prophet reel with strong drink,
   they are swallowed by wine,
   they stagger with strong drink,
they reel in vision,
   they stumble in giving judgment.
8For all tables are full of filthy vomit,
   with no space left.

9 "To whom will he teach knowledge,
   and to whom will he explain the message?
Those who are weaned from the milk,
   those taken from the breast?

--Isa 28

Offline jabcat

• Admin
  • SINNER SAVED BY GRACE
« Reply #143 on: November 27, 2009, 08:16:42 PM »
I don't drink, but I can't say the Bible forbids it within moderation...I think so much depends on the individual, if you have an addictive personality, if it hinders someone else's faith etc., or if you can have whatever amount doesn't impair your thinking and put you under another authority or influence, then perhaps it's between that individual and God.  

As a clinician, I personally see so many problems and people whose lives have been ruined by alcohol (and marijuana and other drugs) being a big part of that picture - as well as coming from a family of having had an addicted gambler, 2 alcoholics, and a brother that's drug dependent (in at least partial recovery) - I certainly don't recommend it.  Too much risk without enough possible reward.  But that's MY personal POV.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2009, 08:21:20 PM by jabcat »

Offline jabcat

• Admin
  • SINNER SAVED BY GRACE
« Reply #144 on: November 27, 2009, 08:20:23 PM »
P.S. another couple of things to toss in the mix.

I've read that the wine in the Bible days was very weak compared to today.  They didn't make it to (necessarily, generally) give people a buzz or help people get falling down drunk.  The juice fermented with time, and I believe I've even read that it had a higher water content/mix.  :dontknow:

Also, I did hear a detailed sermon once, using the greek words, to say that the only place alcoholic wine (not purely grape juice) was ever mentioned in the scriptures as being OK for consumption, was strictly for medicinal purposes.  I don't know if that's the case, but again, I heard a detailed exposition on it several years ago- that all the other words used for 'wine' meant non-alcoholic.  I'll put that "on my list" of things to check into a little deeper.

Lupac

« Reply #145 on: November 27, 2009, 08:26:43 PM »
Also, I think probably plenty of information has been presented on all sides of this argument for one to make up their mind one way or the other - i.e., sin or not sin, why or why not, etc.  At some point, at the end of the day, it's between that individual and God.  Someone can give me a load of truth, even 3 or 4 times and in 3 or 4 different ways.  If I'm open and honest, I'll receive it and it will help change my life for the better.  If I'm being stubborn and/or in denial, I will reject it and continue to rationalize my behavior.  What else can really be said about this topic?  Maybe somebody's got something new.   :dontknow:

(thanks seth, back at'cha)  

I'm not sure what else to say. I've tried to show you how cannabis isn't dangerous, I addressed the verses about obeying the law of men. Maybe I can leave you with this. A lot of people in this topic have talked about how it, "gives you a false sense of happiness, which should only come from God." or something to that effect. Also, that something shouldn't "make" you feel a curtain way. Let me put it this way, you're watching a funny show on TV, you laugh at it, and it makes you feel happy. By that logic, you shouldn't watch it, but cause it's making you happy without God. Do you see how ridiculous that kind of thinking is? God wants us to love him, and love others. (1 John something:something) If something, like a TV show, playing a sport, or enjoying a plant makes us happy, why would God not want us to be happy?

Offline jabcat

• Admin
  • SINNER SAVED BY GRACE
« Reply #146 on: November 27, 2009, 08:30:45 PM »
Aside from numerous other things, I don't believe it's not physically harmful.  There's "evidence" that says it is, and "evidence" that says it isn't.  Which one's true and which one's propoganda?  I believe the former is true and the latter propoganda - to justify a behavior.

I've been a behavioral health therapist for 25 years+ now - probably done a thousand or more assessments, hospitalizations, etc.  In that experience, I've seen enough devastation of human lives (multiple factors, often including drug abuse/dependence, mj often included in the mix) to support my personal view that it's not harmless.  One has to make up their own mind though, and sometimes that only comes through the school of hard knocks.  Denial and rationalization are strong forces.  Experience is a great teacher

Online WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
« Reply #147 on: November 27, 2009, 08:30:48 PM »
For me the simple fact that Jesus drank wine if proof that alcohol is not forbidden. Of course that doesn't clearly show being drunk is or isn't forbidden.
We see God railing against his drunken priests.  To whom will he explain his message if his priests are all a bunch of drunks?  So, I'd say there is a line that is crossed.  Of course, they can also be drunk with power, or any other foul thing.
I know I keep asking....
The job of the priests is to serve God. If they are constantly drunk they can't do their job. That's  surely wrong.
But is it a sin because they are drunk or because they no longer do their job.
Is being drunk ok when not on duty? Would God be angry if the were drunk the first time in 10 years?
Does God has other or stricker laws for priest concerning alcohol?

Personally I have nothing against people being drunk. But not if they drive a car when drunk because they endanger lives.

Offline Molly

• Gold
« Reply #148 on: November 27, 2009, 08:34:22 PM »
Hi Lupec, I watched most of your movie, and talked to a few friends.

I guess I could go along with it being made legal and regulated like alcohol and tobacco.  But I still worry about the effect on children--and in this case, I consider them children under the age of 25 because it is a mind altering drug.   I don't think you should mess with the brain before it is fully developed or mess with a person's psyche before that is fully developed, either.  So with that caveat, I could go along with you.

I do continue to think, however, that drugs and alcohol are really not necessary or even conducive to a full and happy life.  Tuning in and dropping out is not the answer.  We need a lot of sober people to accomplish what we are meant to do.

Offline Molly

• Gold
« Reply #149 on: November 27, 2009, 08:39:44 PM »
But is it a sin because they are drunk or because they no longer do their job.

They can no longer do their job because they are drunk.  Isn't a priest a priest 24 hours a day, 7 days a week?