Author Topic: You are not allowed to kiss him... Or go to hell!  (Read 8774 times)

martincisneros

Re: You are not allowed to kiss him... Or go to hell!
« Reply #25 on: January 01, 2009, 09:41:57 PM »
Ever notice God arranged a few in there Himself, beginning with Eve? Being able to hear Him is the deciding factor. If you are in covenant and have learned to hear His voice, He is very much capable and able to do the same today. But we are so far removed from those days and that concept that most people would call the guys in the white coats if you even suggested such a thing. Did God change, or did people change? I think people changed.

And further "radical" thought; who REALLY joins man and wife, man or God? If God told you you were joined to someone but you were not married in real life, would it be valid to you, or more valid if you had the ceremony and the paper?

God told me that HE had joined very few people on the face of the earth, because they could not hear His voice. Blessings....
:goodpost: :ty:

Fang_Diachi

« Reply #26 on: January 01, 2009, 09:44:27 PM »
:cloud9: In biblical times, the unmarried women were kept separated from the men, never allowed to be alone with them in private. There was no such thing as a "date", to try to determine who you "liked the best". Marriages were arranged, and once arranged, the betrothal was announced and it lasted about a year. Once betrothed they might get to meet, but it was with chaperons. Note that Esther had 6 months of preparation with one thing, then 6 months of another.

Ever notice God arranged a few in there Himself, beginning with Eve? Being able to hear Him is the deciding factor. If you are in covenant and have learned to hear His voice, He is very much capable and able to do the same today. But we are so far removed from those days and that concept that most people would call the guys in the white coats if you even suggested such a thing. Did God change, or did people change? I think people changed.

And further "radical" thought; who REALLY joins man and wife, man or God? If God told you you were joined to someone but you were not married in real life, would it be valid to you, or more valid if you had the ceremony and the paper?

God told me that HE had joined very few people on the face of the earth, because they could not hear His voice. Blessings....

Me and Heidi. Thats all I could think of while reading that. =]

Offline Cardinal

• < Moderator >
« Reply #27 on: January 01, 2009, 10:39:20 PM »
 :cloud9: Well you never know, kiddo, there are some high school sweethearts that go the distance. If you have God, anything is possible. If God be for you, who can be against you? But you also need to be aware that He brings people into our lives for a season, for His purposes and our good, and then we have to let them go. As many as are led by the Spirit, are the sons of God. His love and blessings to you....
"I would rather train twenty men to pray, than a thousand to preach; A minister's highest mission ought to be to teach his people to pray." -H. MacGregor