Author Topic: Unforgiveable Sin  (Read 39450 times)

Offline shawn

• Bronze
Re: Unforgiveable Sin
« Reply #100 on: July 16, 2010, 03:38:58 AM »
The sin is defined as attributing that of God to the devil.  But from what I understand about the circumstances, the Pharisees were right there all along when Jesus was performing his miracles, and it seemed like it was pretty convincing, but the Pharisees had such hard hearts towards anything against their system of theology that they refused to even see Jesus as the son of God, despite all the miracles.  They should have seen it, but instead blamed it on satan.  Plus it seems logical that the most hardened would take the longest time to be forgiven due to extreme stubborness. 

But what I wondering about attributing something of God to the Devil mean you mistaked something Godly for being demonic, due to limited knowledge.  Problem is, I have accused many things of being demonic, like various Marian Apparitions, the Government, the Current Church system, illness, annoyances from relatives, ect.  Mostly because they yeilded bad fruits, and not because of any pre-concieved notion. 

The best explanation I have heard was a willful, and knowledgeable acts of attributing acts of the Holy Spirit with that of the devil.  This would be someone who hates God and is trying to slander the Holy Spirit.

Tom

« Reply #101 on: August 25, 2013, 05:11:19 PM »
Query from Chris

Hi, please I really need your help. I think I have committed the unforgivable sin. I was on bed reading the word of God and came by the scripture which talks about blasphemy against the Holy Spirit. Instantly I thought a disgusting thought in my head. Curse words came into my head and I don't know how but I cursed the Holy Spirit. Sometime it comes back into my head and I hate it.

I don't know why this happened, but after reading on the internet I saw that it had happened to other people. I don't hate the Holy Spirit, I love God and I was even praying that the Holy Spirit would come into me and help me to serve God better. I was really hungry for God and growing spiritually each day. Now I am absolutely terrified that I am going to Hell, it is so frightening.

It has ruined me and I have stopped going to church. No matter how much I read about it on sites like these and people tell me that I haven't committed this sin I still think I am lost forever. It seems nothing can comfort me because I am just so unsure. How can I know, or anyone else know for sure? Doesn't it say that if you committ this sin that you while not be forgiven in this age, or the age to come and that all blasphemy shall be forgiven, but blasphemy against the holy spirit will not? I want forgiveness so badly, but it feels so far away from me, I feel like I am beyond forgiveness.
Please please help me, thanks, Chris

http://concordant.org/expohtml/TheProblemOfEvil/evil015.html

Offline eaglesway

• < Moderator >
  • Grace & Peace be multiplied unto you, in Jesus
    • Hell is a Myth.com
« Reply #102 on: October 15, 2013, 07:00:52 AM »
To Chris:

In Romans 7 Paul speaks of the war between the carnal mind and the spiritual mind. He says, "WHo shall free me from the body of this death! Thank God for Jesus! Therefore(because of Christs sacrifice) there is now no more condemnation for those who are IN CHRIST JESUS, who walk in the spirit, and not according to the flesh."

You see, when you believed, every sin was wiped away. Those Pharisees never believed. What you are experiencing is the railing of the judged carnal managainst the resurrection of Christ within you. Its OK. You are not to be condemned. You must simply see the serpent nailed to the stick in the wilderness(I was crucified in Christ)

In "doing away with the body of the sins of the flesh" we are set free from the body of this death- BY FORGIVENESS. It is the very condemnation you are feeling that empowers the carnal mind, the "strong man", the Pharoah within who would drag you back into bondage.

When you see the two as separate, one- judged already in the crucifixion of Christ.....the other-raised in new life through the resurrection of Jesus within your spirit(come out of the tomb of Adam, raised and ascended to the right hand as a son- YOU WILL DECLARE TO THAT VOICE< GET BEHIND ME SATAN(accuser/adversary) I love my deliverer.

You wil then begin to experience more and more freedom from the carnal man.

The carnal "old" man is disarmed at the cross, "For He disarmed the principalities and powers making an open show of them".

He did this by taking away the laws contained in statutes and putting you into a new law- LOVE AND THE SPIRIT OF LIFE IN CHRIST JESUS- which is only in you by the HOLY SPIRIt who is Christ and God who you love.

If you did not love them you would not be so mortified by the thought that you may hav committed an unforgiveable sin.

You havent. You are merely being tricked by the adversary, beaten by the taskmaster, and accused by the accuser. God has shut his mout by the blood of His Son, MORE POWERFUL THAN ANY ACCUSATION WIELDED AGAINST YOU.

Rejoice when you hear that voice, the adversary is angry because HIS TIME IS GROWING SHORTER AND SHORTER AS THE LIGHT Of CHRIST ARISES IN YOU FROM THE DAWN UNTO THE FULL NOON

He is seeking to beseige the saints and wear them out, remember, he boasts against the most high and speaks blashphemies(THAT IS NOT YOU- IT IS THE BITTER ECHOES OF THE DEAD MAN) but their deliverer will come out of Zion like the wind and blow the cobwebs of that old liar away.

the old man is crucified with Christ. he is "buried with Him in baptism. You are a new man- RAISED IN THE IMAGE OF CHRIST. Be renewed in the spirit of your mind and trust the blood of Jesus to work in you a glorious(tho perhaps sometimes grueling ;o) transformation.

Then you will say, "This is what the Lord did for me" and one day another like you will be set free by your testimony- I kno this because I was you for years, until I saw that Jesus had truly set nme free from that old man and he had no more power over me. Even when I fail, and it seems he won, he loses because

If we confess our sins He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins AND TO CLEANSE US FROM ALL UNRIGHTEOUSNESS. The devil cant win, the old man is dead, and you, my dear saint- cannot lose, simply trust His love and wait on His deliverance. It is coming.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2013, 07:08:00 AM by eaglesway »
The Logos is complete, but it is not completely understood. hellisamyth.webs.com

Tom

« Reply #103 on: October 15, 2013, 02:45:28 PM »
To Chris:

In Romans 7 Paul speaks of the war between the carnal mind and the spiritual mind. He says, "WHo shall free me from the body of this death! Thank God for Jesus! Therefore(because of Christs sacrifice) there is now no more condemnation for those who are IN CHRIST JESUS, who walk in the spirit, and not according to the flesh."

You see, when you believed, every sin was wiped away. Those Pharisees never believed. What you are experiencing is the railing of the judged carnal managainst the resurrection of Christ within you. Its OK. You are not to be condemned. You must simply see the serpent nailed to the stick in the wilderness(I was crucified in Christ)

In "doing away with the body of the sins of the flesh" we are set free from the body of this death- BY FORGIVENESS. It is the very condemnation you are feeling that empowers the carnal mind, the "strong man", the Pharoah within who would drag you back into bondage.

When you see the two as separate, one- judged already in the crucifixion of Christ.....the other-raised in new life through the resurrection of Jesus within your spirit(come out of the tomb of Adam, raised and ascended to the right hand as a son- YOU WILL DECLARE TO THAT VOICE< GET BEHIND ME SATAN(accuser/adversary) I love my deliverer.

The carnal "old" man is disarmed at the cross, "For He disarmed the principalities and powers making an open show of them".

He did this by taking away the laws contained in statutes and putting you into a new law- LOVE AND THE SPIRIT OF LIFE IN CHRIST JESUS- which is only in you by the HOLY SPIRIt who is Christ and God who you love.

If you did not love them you would not be so mortified by the thought that you may hav committed an unforgiveable sin.

You havent. You are merely being tricked by the adversary, beaten by the taskmaster, and accused by the accuser. God has shut his mout by the blood of His Son, MORE POWERFUL THAN ANY ACCUSATION WIELDED AGAINST YOU.

Rejoice when you hear that voice, the adversary is angry because HIS TIME IS GROWING SHORTER AND SHORTER AS THE LIGHT Of CHRIST ARISES IN YOU FROM THE DAWN UNTO THE FULL NOON

He is seeking to beseige the saints and wear them out, remember, he boasts against the most high and speaks blashphemies(THAT IS NOT YOU- IT IS THE BITTER ECHOES OF THE DEAD MAN) but their deliverer will come out of Zion like the wind and blow the cobwebs of that old liar away.

the old man is crucified with Christ. he is "buried with Him in baptism. You are a new man- RAISED IN THE IMAGE OF CHRIST. Be renewed in the spirit of your mind and trust the blood of Jesus to work in you a glorious(tho perhaps sometimes grueling ;o) transformation.

Then you will say, "This is what the Lord did for me" and one day another like you will be set free by your testimony- I kno this because I was you for years, until I saw that Jesus had truly set nme free from that old man and he had no more power over me. Even when I fail, and it seems he won, he loses because

If we confess our sins He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins AND TO CLEANSE US FROM ALL UNRIGHTEOUSNESS. The devil cant win, the old man is dead, and you, my dear saint- cannot lose, simply trust His love and wait on His deliverance. It is coming.

http://concordant.org/expohtml/TheProblemOfEvil/evil015.html

Offline sheila

• Gold
« Reply #104 on: October 15, 2013, 05:11:27 PM »
Loved your post EW,may he be comforted in it....Nothing canseperate you fromthe love

of God that isfound in Jesus Christ,brother.   As a matter of fact,God haas revealed unto you

my brother, the man of lawlessness...which was prophesied to be revealed beforethe

returnofJesus Christ....and His doingaway with him with the breath ofHiscoming.....

he...is not you....your owntestimony....'I donothate the Holy spirit,I was requesting it

come intome, Ilove God"show theman of sin/lawlessness...isnot you.

this isthe enmity of the serpents seed..and Christ's being revealed to you,my brother,Chris

the same diabolicalthing was attempted against me..many years ago.  When very young

andvulnerble in faith[dragonset todevour the manchild] same as Herod slaughtering babes

in Bethlehem when Christchildborn[Heis our pattern]  But thatholything,seed of faith in you

shall be " caught up"tothe throne.child.

God Bless youandkeep you.

Offline Mediate

• Reg
« Reply #105 on: January 06, 2014, 06:07:32 PM »
Query from Chris

Hi, please I really need your help. I think I have committed the unforgivable sin. I was on bed reading the word of God and came by the scripture which talks about blasphemy against the Holy Spirit. Instantly I thought a disgusting thought in my head. Curse words came into my head and I don't know how but I cursed the Holy Spirit. Sometime it comes back into my head and I hate it.

I don't know why this happened, but after reading on the internet I saw that it had happened to other people. I don't hate the Holy Spirit, I love God and I was even praying that the Holy Spirit would come into me and help me to serve God better. I was really hungry for God and growing spiritually each day. Now I am absolutely terrified that I am going to Hell, it is so frightening.

It has ruined me and I have stopped going to church. No matter how much I read about it on sites like these and people tell me that I haven't committed this sin I still think I am lost forever. It seems nothing can comfort me because I am just so unsure. How can I know, or anyone else know for sure? Doesn't it say that if you committ this sin that you while not be forgiven in this age, or the age to come and that all blasphemy shall be forgiven, but blasphemy against the holy spirit will not? I want forgiveness so badly, but it feels so far away from me, I feel like I am beyond forgiveness.
Please please help me, thanks, Chris

Blaspheming the holy spirit is saying that goodness is not goodness. When the Pharisees said 'you do these things by the devil', that was blaspheming the holy spirit. Saying that a good act, a kind-word, is an act of sedition with the devil or that it is not good.

Goodness is goodness, and those who say that patience, forebearance, love, kindness and compassion are evil things commit the unpardonable sin.

Yet though it is unpardonable, it is not a mind-set which is 'unchangeable'. It just cannot be let go. It must be corrected.

Nothing to do with hell. Only to do with change.

Offline eaglesway

• < Moderator >
  • Grace & Peace be multiplied unto you, in Jesus
    • Hell is a Myth.com
« Reply #106 on: January 06, 2014, 11:27:10 PM »
In other words, it is not forgiveable in the sense that it cannot be released without repentance?  Just seeing if i read you right.
The Logos is complete, but it is not completely understood. hellisamyth.webs.com

Offline shawn

• Bronze
« Reply #107 on: January 07, 2014, 01:52:05 AM »
To Chris:

I wept as I read that.  I probably needed to read that as much as Chris today.  Thank you for being used by the Holy Spirit to encourage believers.

Offline Mediate

• Reg
« Reply #108 on: January 07, 2014, 02:01:57 AM »
In other words, it is not forgiveable in the sense that it cannot be released without repentance?  Just seeing if i read you right.

I don't like the word 'repentance'. 'Change of mind' is a better term, but yes. Inherently, if a person is wicked enough to say that 'good things' are 'bad things', then they're gonna need a big change of mind.

Offline donken

• Snr
« Reply #109 on: April 24, 2014, 08:59:40 PM »
Hi Chris.  I see that your post was written in 2008.  I truly hope you have found peace and are able to believe you are absolutely not going to be lost or in hell forever. 
The "unpardonable" sin is really very very good new for us all when we are aware of what it really means.  If we have committed something that is not of the Spirit of GOD KNOWINGLY and have done so on purpose, that DEED and it's spiritual motive is not going to be forgiven at SOME TIME in our existence.  It clearly says in Hebrews 6 that it is ONLY after we have tasted the GOOD word of God and of the world to come that we can even commit this kind of deed.   The good work of God is really the hidden manna spoken of in scripture, or... saying it another way, to believe that God does good only and never does evil.  It you believe that, then you can believe that God does not do evil to those who knowingly commit evil.  But... our own ways, the disobedient ways, may be allowed to come upon ourselves because of doing evil to others while knowing it is wrong.   The passage you are reading in Hebrews 6 is really active and effective when we UNDERSTAND the truth of God and Jesus Christ PROPERLY.  That is when we have actually tasted or experienced the GOOD WORD "of or from" God ourselves.

When this deed "against the Holy Spirit" is done, it is when WE lie against the Holy Spirit in us willingly.  For instance, if I were to teach something that I know is incorrect about God but I do it for my own gain or "glory" etc, then it is me DOING THAT which is what will not be forgiven.  To lie or do things that are a lie about God {the Holy Spirit} on purpose with intent to do it that is no longer going to be forgiven.  When something is forgiven, it does not mean that what was forgiven will not be done again.  But when God determines in HIs day that we are not going to be allowed to do evil or be overpowered by the evil of the law of sin in us any longer, WE will be saved from the power of evil over us, which eventually establishes maturity in Jesus Christ IN US.

You were not willing to have those thoughts you had and neither were you in agreement with them.   And, they are simply thoughts of the natural natured mind, the worldly nature we all are born into and with "at the first".  Scripture tells us that that which is first is NATURAL and is not spiritual.  This is crucial.  We need to understand that we are all born immature at first.  The first IS natural, not became natural, or worldly.

When one does something Unchristian by reflex action or without meaning to do so or was just taken and did it like Paul mentions in Romans 7, that is not doing it in "knowing" and AGREEING with the disobedient motive and action.  It is NOT disobedient to be TEMPTED.  But when we are tempted and we know it is something we are not supposed to do IF we are to obey Jesus, then we are to RESIST DOING IT. That is what resisting temptation is.  Scripture tells us that there is nothing that has taken us but that which is COMMON TO ALL MANKIND.  Ie.. it is a natural attribute from our own body and mind. 

But if we do not yet know it is wrong to do such things, we are still in the situation where we DO NOT KNOW YET WHAT WE ARE DOING, at least in that particular area.  As Jesus said, those who do not know what they are doing are to be forgiven BECAUSE they\we do not know what we are doing yet.

For us to walk with God knowingly and willingly in agreement with God we MUST know the difference between good and evil according to how Jesus Christ knows it.  Then, if we have knowledge of these things and "purposely" disobey what we know Jesus desires of us, we are to be CORRECTED.  To be corrected means to be made or conform to what is correct.  It does not mean to be afflicted from God.  What it means is that the deed will NO LONGER BE ALLOWED TO REMAIN as our deeds.  We will be being matured to participate in God's righteousness as His son.

In history the church did many, many, evil things at times. Even in the day of the apostles the apostles were always telling the people that were Christians to not do this, and not do that, and to do this or do that.  This means that the HOLY SPIRIT was not teaching the church what was right in God's eyes,  The apostles as men were "trying" to teach the church members what was right, but the church members were NOT being corrected by God FROM WITHIN THEM.

So, to be corrected by God means the Holy Spirit has to be actively raisins us up into the Spirit of God by becoming righteous and "saved" in truth.

What that scripture, Hebrews 6:6, is talking about, is the time when God will actually begin to actively CORRECT US into His righteousness.  We are to seek HIS RIGHTEOUSNESS {to be our righteousness} FIRST and the Dominion of God IN US FIRST OF ALL BEFORE DOING ANYTHING ELSE.  This includes not being an evangelist when we do not really know what the mind of Christ really is yet.  Judgment MUST BEGIN at the HOUSE "OF" GOD scripture says, which is US.

Mat_6:33  But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

What the scripture you read in regard to not being forgiven any more is not that YOU are not going to be forgiven, it means the DEED that is evil and has power over you at that time is NOT GOING TO BE ALLOWED TO REMAIN over you ANY LONGER.  This is a good thing, even if hurtful for a time, because it means our salvation through the actual righteousness of God being established in us.  Then the dominion of God will fully be in us as who we are, like it was\is in Jesus Christ in Israel.  It IS good news.  This day is the day or time that God is beginning now to accomplish His will that was before the foundation of the creation. God's righteousness being established in all people will fulfill and manifest all the promises of good and peace on earth through the Spirit of God being poured out upon all flesh.

Luk_24:49  And, behold, I send the promise of my Father upon you: but tarry ye in the city of Jerusalem, until ye be endued with power from on high.

Isa 32:13  Upon the land of my people shall come up thorns and briers; yea, upon all the houses of joy in the joyous city:
Isa 32:14  Because the palaces shall be forsaken; the multitude of the city shall be left; the forts and towers shall be for dens for ever, a joy of wild asses, a pasture of flocks;
Isa 32:15  **Until the spirit be poured upon us from on high,**      and the wilderness be a fruitful field, and the fruitful field be counted for a forest.
Isa 32:16  Then judgment shall dwell in the wilderness, and righteousness remain in the fruitful field.
Isa 32:17  And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.
Isa 32:18  And my people shall dwell in a peaceable habitation, and in sure dwellings, and in quiet resting places;

Isa_11:6  The wolf also shall dwell with the lamb, and the leopard shall lie down with the kid; and the calf and the young lion and the fatling together; and a little child shall lead them.
Isa_65:25  The wolf and the lamb shall feed together, and the lion shall eat straw like the bullock: and dust shall be the serpent's meat. They shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain, saith the LORD.

This is the condition that will be present here on this planet when the Spirit of the LORD is Lord in the creation.  It is this very same planet, not a different one.
But first, and now, we must be given "eyes", the eyes of our understanding properly what God desires of us and how, so we can be two that walk together with God in agreement for what God is doing.

God bless, ken

Offline lostnbroken

• Full
« Reply #110 on: September 18, 2014, 01:19:08 AM »
i need help..i committed the unforgivable sin because i told god the holy spirit as a comfort was a lie on purpose...i aske dhim di dhe now hate me and reject me...in truth i was hurting because of sin i was living in[i fell away really bad-terrible sins] and it was like 'self-harm" because i felt so bad..i right away asked him to forgive me and that i was so sorry for saying something so wrong...i truly wanted him to forgive me and help me to see but i was in such anguish...i have lived in torment for a long time because of the consequences of my sins and was in a place of darkness until last year when i "woke up" and felt a terrible conviction and guilt for all i had done...it totally crushed me and i have been in a stae of extreme fear and pain and depression ever since...i think they call this being reprobate...but all i want is to be with him and to  be able to love him and to know he can still love me..i hate all i have done wrong-many things inow regret so badly but cannot undo...many days i cry and other times i feel numb to keep the pain down...when this first happened i thought it wa s him showing me these things because he loved me but i have had such condemnation on me it is making it hard to even function...any help or hope is appreciated....

Offline ed

« Reply #111 on: September 18, 2014, 01:37:21 AM »
Not to worry.

Sounds like the Holy Spirit is still working with you.   :thumbsup:

I walked away from the Christian religion as well.  I purposely became apostate and believed that the Spirit of God worked in all religions and I had some trouble with some of the doctrines of Christianity.  This was after a 20+ year walk in the Christian faith.  I was apostate for a couple of years.  In the end I came back to the King of heaven, because I was dragged back.

If you are lostnbroken, I believe you have come to the right place.

:dsunny:

Offline lostnbroken

• Full
« Reply #112 on: September 18, 2014, 01:58:45 AM »
thank you ed...i committed some awful sins-lying, false testimony, abortions...i had some very mixed up understandings of god, forgiveness and the spiritual realm...i even had combined native american and such with my christian beliefs  an did was trying to be a light for him but did not realize i was trying to add to him  or anything... but my eyes are now opened to truth an did see how i really have been so terribly wicked...how can he ever forgive me now? an did said those things to him??? i am an enemy of him an never wanted to be one

Offline rosered

• Gold
« Reply #113 on: September 18, 2014, 02:06:24 AM »

ED is   Right  , the Holy Spirit is still  working   in you my friend ,
  If your feeling conviction , its the Lord dealing with your heart
  take comfort in     the Lord Jesus   Christ
   it says in His Word nothing can separate you from His Love    Please read Romans 8     its wonderful  when in doubt 

http://biblehub.com/gwt/romans/8.htm

Offline ed

« Reply #114 on: September 18, 2014, 03:59:17 AM »
..how can he ever forgive me now? an did said those things to him??? i am an enemy of him an never wanted to be one

Won't be able to reply until tomorrow.  Just know that you are loved.  You are forgiven.  You are not an enemy.

I'll post on the morning.

Offline micah7:9

• Gold
  • Mic 7:8 Thou dost not rejoice over me, O mine ene
« Reply #115 on: September 18, 2014, 06:02:33 AM »
The "unforgivable sin" is not, for it will be forgiven, in the age.
Mic 7:8  Thou dost not rejoice over me, O mine enemy, When I have fallen, I have risen, When I sit in darkness Jehovah is a light to me.

Offline jabcat

• Admin
  • SINNER SAVED BY GRACE
« Reply #116 on: September 18, 2014, 07:28:56 AM »
how can he ever forgive me now?

Ask Him.  "If we confess our sins He is faithful and just to forgive us and cleanse us from all unrighteousness".  I John 1:9

Offline lostnbroken

• Full
« Reply #117 on: September 18, 2014, 02:44:43 PM »
but if someone is truly an apostate but recognizes they have sinned so badly and still desires to be right with god[unlike ex-christians who say they are now atheists an reject god an dare openly hostile to him] can he still forgive us???? i am sure his spirit is not with me anymore....i have tried for over a year to repent in my heart and to return to him but i only find myself feeling further away and hated by him...jesu said those who sin are of the devil and not of god.....i never wanted to become his enemy or to trample what he did on the cross under my feet....this is why i for so long kept trying to be a light for him despite my messed up state and sins....why does jesus say we will perish-that seems permanent to me...or that blasphemy of the hs can "never" be forgiven....i feel utterly hopeless and i have never thought of him or the spirit being evil...all i want is to be with him na be made right...again...it seems he has rejected me no matter how sorry i feel and how badly i wish to return to him

Offline ed

« Reply #118 on: September 18, 2014, 03:25:33 PM »
thank you ed...i committed some awful sins-lying, false testimony, abortions...i had some very mixed up understandings of god, forgiveness and the spiritual realm...i even had combined native american and such with my christian beliefs  an did was trying to be a light for him but did not realize i was trying to add to him  or anything... but my eyes are now opened to truth an did see how i really have been so terribly wicked...how can he ever forgive me now? an did said those things to him??? i am an enemy of him an never wanted to be one

I said a prayer for  lostnbroken this morning.  Payers are not just said,  Prayers reside in the heart and come from the Spirit within us.

My prayers often start with a question.  What is this need, or what is that need.  More often the not answer is to maintain a continued conscious relationship with God through the Spirit which is the presence of God in our lives.

We can not get rid of the Spirit of God by being bad.  The Spirit is there in our badness.  Omnipresence means God is everywhere present.  There is not a place where God is not.  The relationship is established and initiated God, our job is just to know that "God is with us". 

God is not "watching us from a distance".  God is in us by way of the promise of Jesus Christ, who overcame this world, so the Kingdom of heaven is established among us and in us.

We are not enemies. 

I love Romans 7:18
18 For I know that in me (that is , in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not.

As lostnbroken said, we did not plan on being enemies.
Romans 7:18 says "to will is present with me".

The will of mankind desiring God in/as their life is where we must begin.

lostnbroken, that is where you are.  You are desiring, but not finding the "how" to "perform that which is good".

You can not start anywhere else.  That is where you have to begin.

Starting there, knowing that you have the Spirit of God working in you:
Romans 8:
1 There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

Now it is time to "walk after the Spirit".  This is what you were made to do. 

Hope you find your way to foundnhealed!

Offline marie glen

• Bronze
  • HiS perfect intent? Besides paradise & perfection?
    • Inner Monastery on Blogspot
« Reply #119 on: September 18, 2014, 04:04:54 PM »
but if someone is truly an apostate but recognizes they have sinned so badly and still desires to be right with god[unlike ex-christians who say they are now atheists an reject god an dare openly hostile to him] can he still forgive us???? i am sure his spirit is not with me anymore....i have tried for over a year to repent in my heart and to return to him but i only find myself feeling further away and hated by him...jesu said those who sin are of the devil and not of god.....i never wanted to become his enemy or to trample what he did on the cross under my feet....this is why i for so long kept trying to be a light for him despite my messed up state and sins....why does jesus say we will perish-that seems permanent to me...or that blasphemy of the hs can "never" be forgiven....i feel utterly hopeless and i have never thought of him or the spirit being evil...all i want is to be with him na be made right...again...it seems he has rejected me no matter how sorry i feel and how badly i wish to return to him

hello dear, it's not how we feel, but it's what the Word says.. all this questioning, by the world, of God's Word, I see as laying heavy upon the hearts of those who love Him.. but it ought not to be.. His Word is perfect, and we can trust each and every one of His promises (when those who love Him gets defensive over His word, i think it's bound to erode one's faith in His promises..

If His word says believing declares us righteous (galatians) then that's the absolute truth

I also think over these 2OOO years, the focus has come to be upon our doing and not doing, whereas I think really we have only ONE rule/law. To love Him.

All the other stuff, are distractions, to my way of thinking.. we can change nothing, cannot be transformed by the outward observation and, or doing.. or not doing.

If we will draw near to God (in faith) whether we feel Him or not, it says "draw nigh to Him and He will draw nigh" to us.. we can only, imo, be benefited by this if we believe it, regardless of how we might feel. And it's this nearness / His Spirit which is the POWER to transform...

Satan works as an angel of light, not always of apparent darkness.. "whatsoever things are good.. and are of good report.. think on these things". This suggests to me, not to listen to bad reports, even when they proceed out of my own mind.. no bad report true..

The unable to be forgiven sin I believe is the habitual hardening of the heart, to the point of hatred, which becomes so hard His Spirit is hard pressed to penetrate..

Mark 3:29 - Young's Literal Translation (YLT)

29 but whoever may speak evil in regard to the Holy Spirit hath not forgiveness -- to the age, but is in danger of age-during judgment;
( from - https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=mark+3%3A29&version=YLT )

As for other spiritualities (you mentioned native american) if there were no thread of truth to them whatsoever, they would totally unravel and fade away.. imo! And also, concerning this and any other sins which may indeed be grievous, feeling remorse is good.. but remember His word says if we repent "He is faithful to forgive." And His Spirit can fix anything, anything at all! I believe all terminated babes will be gloriously resurrected along with all others..

We also from time to time, I think, need to repent of not trusting Him, of not believing Him.. and relying instead on how we feel.. believing our feelings (what we say) instead of His words..

God bless you! I daresay we have all been exactly where and what you've related! But every day, we can choose darkness or we can choose light.. and "be renewed in the spirit of our mind".. replacing old negatives with new positives backed up by His word.. soon enough, the feelings will follow.. our feelings can only follow our thoughts.. I think we can choose to not believe any negative report... (being able to choose, tho limited, I think, is a part of being able to think, is part of the same package)
God bless you! :HeartThrob:

« Last Edit: September 18, 2014, 04:10:17 PM by marie glen »
- Is it written? no repentance after death? if resurrected still in ones sins (2nd Resurrection) will be weeping and wailing? Holy Days - Trumpets, Atonement, Tabernacles prophecy the three peaks of His long 2nd advent? Is weeping & wailing the beginning of the redemptive process?
``````````````````````````````````````````````````
- "...aLL things new" Rev21:5 "A new heavens and a new earth" Rev 21:1 - Is 11:7 Micah 4:4 Is 30:25
http://www.bubblews.com/news/8905465 - Sinead O'connor singing psalms 33, 91

Offline rosered

• Gold
« Reply #120 on: September 18, 2014, 04:21:05 PM »

Those are wonderful  thoughts     ed and Marie  to lostnbroken

Aramaic Bible in Plain English
The sacrifices of God are a humble spirit; God does not reject a broken heart.

Sounds like you are there and God will make you  new    a new creature in Christ 
 off with the old and in with the new     , it is the Lord whom makes all things new     

Offline jabcat

• Admin
  • SINNER SAVED BY GRACE
« Reply #121 on: September 18, 2014, 05:36:57 PM »
but if someone is truly an apostate but recognizes they have sinned so badly and still desires to be right with god..can he still forgive us???? i am sure his spirit is not with me anymore....

hello dear, it's not how we feel, but it's what the Word says..

If His word says believing declares us righteous (galatians) then that's the absolute truth

I will never leave you or forsake you - Jesus

If I make my bed in sheol you are there - the Holy Spirit through David

There is nothing that can separate us from His love - the Holy Spirit through Paul

Satan says "look at your sin".  God says "look at my Son".  - toby mac

Offline rosered

• Gold
« Reply #122 on: September 18, 2014, 06:44:41 PM »
but if someone is truly an apostate but recognizes they have sinned so badly and still desires to be right with god..can he still forgive us???? i am sure his spirit is not with me anymore....

hello dear, it's not how we feel, but it's what the Word says..

I will never leave you or forsake you - Jesus

If I make my bed in sheol you are there - the Holy Spirit through David

There is nothing that can separate us from His love - the Holy Spirit through Paul

:thumbsup:

Its  encouraging just to read these    posts !!      Yay !!   God  bless   you   Broken       :giveheart:

Offline Tom

« Reply #123 on: September 19, 2014, 04:35:52 AM »

Don't believe Satan that you should be obsessed with shame because you are justified in Christ. God is conciliated with you through the sacrifice of his only-begotten son, Jesus Christ. Be conciliated to God, and believe you are saved in grace through faith, not because you deserve to be, but because it is a gift from God. None of us are worthy, but God saves us from the coming indignation simply because he chooses to do so. I'm a wretched soul who probably sinned at least as much as you and probably a lot more, but I'm a new creation now. God's grace changes lives. Just believe the word of God not the deceiver. Thank God for his grace, and don't trust your perception because it can be distorted. Just believe God.

"Trust in Yahweh with all your heart, and do not lean to your own understanding." (Proverbs 3:5)

Offline ed

« Reply #124 on: September 20, 2014, 12:17:10 AM »

Love that quote.  I had to look up Toby Mac and enjoyed going back in history to the days of DC Talk and "More Power To You".  I was really into Christian rock when I was an adolescent believer.  My favorite band was The Resurection Band..........Military man.  I saw them in concert in the 80's.  I took a freind of mine who had no religion at all that I knew of..........he was really impressed with that fact that every song was good rock.

Anyways, thinking of lost and broken, reminded me of this verse.

Luke 4
18 The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised,
19 To preach the acceptable year of the Lord.
20 And he closed the book,

Luke 10
10 For the Son of man is come to seek and to save that which was lost.

What is lost and broken will be healed, found and saved.