Author Topic: the wages if sin  (Read 960 times)

Offline micah7:9

• Gold
  • Mic 7:8 Thou dost not rejoice over me, O mine ene
the wages if sin
« on: September 01, 2011, 05:24:46 AM »
Do we believe the words of Paul...Rom 6:23  For the wages of sin is death; but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Now we have the witness of Gen 2:17 Yet from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, you are not to be eating from it, for in the day you eat from it, to die shall you be dying.
And we have the serpent/devil saying this:
Gen 3:4 And saying is the serpent to the woman, "Not to die shall you be dying,

My question is dying a part that mankind must pay? Paul wrote
1Co 15:16 for if dead persons do not rise, neither hath Christ risen,
1Co 15:17  and if Christ hath not risen, vain is your faith, ye are yet in your sins;

So my question is do believers have to die to pay the wage? Jesus died for us, not instead of us;
He died because there had to be a lamb sacrificed without blemish, that was His part He took the cross. He payed the wage, now are we  out side of that debt?
.Rom 6:23  For the wages of sin is death;

Mic 7:8  Thou dost not rejoice over me, O mine enemy, When I have fallen, I have risen, When I sit in darkness Jehovah is a light to me.

Offline micah7:9

• Gold
  • Mic 7:8 Thou dost not rejoice over me, O mine ene
Re: the wages if sin
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2011, 08:18:32 AM »
Well do we have to die or not? :umnick: :dunno2:

Eze 18:20  The soul that doth sin--it doth die.................................... :mshock:
« Last Edit: September 02, 2011, 12:15:26 AM by micah7:9 »
Mic 7:8  Thou dost not rejoice over me, O mine enemy, When I have fallen, I have risen, When I sit in darkness Jehovah is a light to me.

Offline jabcat

• Admin
  • SINNER SAVED BY GRACE
Re: the wages if sin
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2011, 05:47:49 AM »
Locked this topic, refer to here, which is essentially the same thread with active discussion;   :thumbsup:

http://www.tentmaker.org/forum/judgement_and_punishment/do_we_have_pay_9972.msg128046.html#msg128046