Author Topic: Song of the Damned  (Read 2400 times)

Offline jabcat

• Admin
  • SINNER SAVED BY GRACE
Song of the Damned
« on: May 30, 2009, 08:37:47 AM »
Reformer related that years ago he was given the phrase "Song of the Damned", and shown a "small planet of liquid fire full of people and the sound of their many voices was like the rushing of many waters.  That was what I experienced first, that sound which expressed the awsome righteousness and holiness of God."

He has chosen to not embellish a lot on this, mostly just relating what he saw.  So this post isn't about HIS experience as much as it is about what might we get from this;  how might we understand it, especially as it relates to UR.  I told him some would say he saw "hell".

Though he's not doing an extreme amount of interpeting, he related this;  "The best explanation I've come up with, something I do doubt because of subjectivity, because it is from the searching of my mind for answers, is that at least some of the last 4 hours of the motorcycle guy's life, from the accident to his death, was when I saw him in the fire.  All the people on earth who were experiencing something at a similar level at that same time were the other people that I saw there.  Eternal torture advocates don't give anywhere enough credence to the depths of horribleness, the very literally "hellish" experiences we go through at certain periods in our lives."

I know many believe in eternal torment;  some believe the Lake of Fire is now, that corrective punishment is now; others believe the hardships of life (similar to Reformer's thoughts as I understand them) may be our "hell"/the Song of the Damned.

I tend to believe there is a "day of reckoning" for unbelievers, but that it may be almost instantaneous for some (those who've never heard, for example) while more of a processing over a longer period of time for others that need to reach a point of recognition of Jesus as Master.  A thought I had was; " For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth on him should not perish, but have eternal life.  For God sent not the Son into the world to judge the world; but that the world should be saved through him.  He that believeth on him is not judged: he that believeth not hath been judged already, because he hath not believed on the name of the only begotten Son of God.  And this is the judgment, that the light is come into the world, and men loved the darkness rather than the light; for their works were evil. 

Something I did want to ask Reformer specifically is, if he could expound on how the Song of the Damned expresses the righteousness and holiness of God?  I'm not quite understanding something about that.  I must be missing something.

I just found this vision quite interesting, but perhaps just as much, disturbing.  And left me wondering "what does this mean"? 

Thoughts on this vision?  What do you think it could be a picture of?
« Last Edit: May 30, 2009, 09:38:18 AM by jabcat »

Online WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
Re: Song of the Damned
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2009, 09:07:53 AM »
I don't even understand what your question is  :umnick:
1 Timothy 2:3-4  ...God our Savior;  Who will have all men to be saved...
John 12:47  And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.
Romans 4:5 But to the one who does not work, but believes in the one who declares the ungodly righteous ...

Online WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2009, 09:19:40 AM »
From the thread this one originated from.

Immediately I saw a man rolling through the flame and groaning horribly.
The middle of his body was run over. 
I recognized him as the same man I had seen in the fire.
So it was some sort of prediction. The man rolling can be linked to the type of accident he had I think.
"groaning horribly" could that be translated as 'gnashing of teeth"?

I see many recognisable things in your vision. Can't really produce the verses but earth envelopped in fire springs to mind.
John 12:47  And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.
Romans 4:5 But to the one who does not work, but believes in the one who declares the ungodly righteous ...

Offline jabcat

• Admin
  • SINNER SAVED BY GRACE
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2009, 09:23:31 AM »
I don't even understand what your question is  :umnick:

Well, to quote me own wild self, "I just found this interesting, but perhaps just as much, disturbing.  And left me wondering "what does this mean"? "   Added this for clarity;  "Thoughts on this vision?  What do you think it could be a picture of?"

« Last Edit: May 30, 2009, 09:33:44 AM by jabcat »

Online WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2009, 09:35:10 AM »
I added this after written this message to say to reformer that I'm in no way are twisting his words.
Just writing down my thoughts I get when I read his testimony.

That was what I experienced first, that sound which expressed the awsome righteousness and holiness of God."
That almost sounds like an ET quote: The agony in hell glorifies the Lord. (and makes heaven even better)

You know it just doesn't sound right. Perhaps even blasphemous.
The way I read it says: When you combine billions of sounds of pain/torture you hear the voice of God.
Jesus was the living water. All torture sounds combined sound like water.

That would mean the very essence of Father/Son is pain..... (=darkness)
There must be another interpretation......

Online WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2009, 09:38:28 AM »
I almost see this as a verification of an ET NDE.
Two people died in a bar fight. They both stabbed eachother with a knife.
Now in hell that scenario repeated endlessly.
Their hell was a continuation of the last moments of their life. Just like that man rolling on the ground.

Offline jabcat

• Admin
  • SINNER SAVED BY GRACE
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2009, 09:40:47 AM »
That almost sounds like an ET quote: The agony in hell glorifies the Lord. (and makes heaven even better)

The way I read it says: When you combine billions of sounds of pain/torture you hear the voice of God.
Jesus was the living water. All torture sounds combined sound like water.

That would mean the very essence of Father/Son is pain..... (=darkness)
There must be another interpretation......

That's what I'm asking James with this question;  "Something I did want to ask Reformer specifically is, if he could expound on how the Song of the Damned expresses the righteousness and holiness of God?  I'm not quite understanding something about that.  I must be missing something."

I think there's more to the story.  James was trying to be brief.  He'll clarify.

Online WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2009, 09:55:23 AM »
I'm searching for the lyrics of "Song of the damned"
I only find a metal band. But about a year ago I found an NDE site that had the lyrics.

The point of light in the vision of reformer is that the combined sounds, sound pleasing.
I think a real ET hell never sounds pleasing.
Jesus also warns about hell. That doesn't prove teh ET type of hell. But for me personally it proves that my hell will be more than God saying "Naughty WW that was really really bad!. Ok tha was it goto heaven now."

Maybe reformer saw the refiners fire.

Offline jabcat

• Admin
  • SINNER SAVED BY GRACE
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2009, 09:58:13 AM »
I'm searching for the lyrics of "Song of the damned"
I only find a metal band. But about a year ago I found an NDE site that had the lyrics.

The point of light in the vision of reformer is that the combined sounds, sound pleasing.
I think a real ET hell never sounds pleasing.
Jesus also warns about hell. That doesn't prove teh ET type of hell.
But for me personally it proves that my hell will be more than God saying "Naughty WW that was really really bad!. Ok tha was it goto heaven now."

Maybe reformer saw the refiners fire.

Those are the kinds of possibilities I was looking for  :thumbsup:.

I agree, that standing before God and having anything burned out of us that is unholy/not covered by the blood will not be pleasant.  It will be a shameful, painful experience.  The good news, God is a loving Father Who will use it all for an ultimately good outcome.  Getting there may not be so much fun though.  Real good spankings never are.  Still, spankings are much different than torture.

I may be SOOOO wrong, but I personally think a lot/most of it will be the humility and overpowering awesomeness of standing in His direct presence...realizing the things we've done, how pathetic it is (ever get caught by your parent?) and how it cannot exist in His presence.  None of us have EVER been in God's direct presence before.  It will be an awesome (probably at first, until purified, overwhelming) expererience.   :bowing:

Which brings up another point;  some will not be hurt of the 2nd death    :scratchhead:
« Last Edit: May 30, 2009, 10:13:20 AM by jabcat »

Online WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2009, 10:44:06 AM »
Which brings up another point;  some will not be hurt of the 2nd death

If 2nd death is the removal of sin; those who are sinless don't need the refiners fire.
But I think only Jesus qualifies for that.....

preistsplace

« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2009, 03:29:09 PM »
I almost see this as a verification of an ET NDE.
Two people died in a bar fight. They both stabbed eachother with a knife.
Now in hell that scenario repeated endlessly.
Their hell was a continuation of the last moments of their life. Just like that man rolling on the ground.
But if they are still conscious in a form to repeat the scenario endlessly, then isnt it realistic and logical to assume that at some point they will be able to see the futility of continuing the action. The refiners fire Takes out the impurities, it does not paint over them so I think that it is reasonable or even probable that God will lead us through our lives to show us how each sin affects us and we will need to learn how to overcome it.????
Experiencing the futility of sin over and over until we percieve the futility and genuinely repent of the sin.

Online WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2009, 04:18:09 PM »
The NDEs only last a short while.
Perhaps the barfight gets less voilent after a while; and after 2 months they shake hands.

But even that view has a problem because most people commited more than one sin.
Several barfights, adultary, theft, murder, etc

Correction I understand but God enforcing sins sounds odd to me.
Love you neighbor and as a punishment you have to fight and murder for say 1 year?
Being a victim of it perhaps....? But still it's teaching peace by voilence...  :dontknow:

Offline Molly

• Gold
« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2009, 04:47:17 PM »
I thought we all sing the song of the damned until we meet him.

It's about a mindset, a separation from God--being encompassed, body, mind, and soul, by total darkness.

That's why we need a new song (a song of redemption).

Psalm 40:3
He put a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praise to our God. Many will see and fear and put their trust in the LORD.

Offline Cardinal

• < Moderator >
« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2009, 05:12:46 PM »
 :cloud9: Good point, Molly.....that's the way I see it too...... :thumbsup:
"I would rather train twenty men to pray, than a thousand to preach; A minister's highest mission ought to be to teach his people to pray." -H. MacGregor

Offline legoman

« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2009, 06:00:13 PM »
Reformer related that years ago he was given the phrase "Song of the Damned", and shown a "small planet of liquid fire full of people and the sound of their many voices was like the rushing of many waters.  That was what I experienced first, that sound which expressed the awsome righteousness and holiness of God."

I was at Church yesterday (Roman Catholic) and the Psalm for the day was Psalm 104.  Specifically this verse was used:

Psalm 104:30 You send forth Your Spirit, they are created;
         And You renew the face of the earth.

This was written on a big banner at the side.  Visulize a large piece of cloth with felt cutouts on it.  At the bottom of the banner was a "stylized" globe of planet earth, and flames were engulfing it.  It made me think of your post  :bigGrin: 

Anyway the whole thing seemed pretty URish to me...