Author Topic: The veil and the terror of punishment  (Read 528 times)

Offline eaglesway

• < Moderator >
  • Grace & Peace be multiplied unto you, in Jesus
    • Hell is a Myth.com
The veil and the terror of punishment
« on: November 13, 2014, 03:39:12 AM »
Jesus, the apostles and the prophets, speak at times of the wrath of God, the fear of death and the judgment to come.

it occurred to me, when meditating upon the verses in 2 Cor 3:12-2 Cor 4:6 that these fearsome thinks of which they spoke are a part of, and the result of, the veil by which the god of this world has blinded the eyes of the unbelieving so that they cannot see the "light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Christ".

1 Cor 3:12 Therefore having such a hope, we use great boldness in our speech, 13 and are not like Moses, who used to put a veil over his face so that the sons of Israel would not look intently at the end of what was fading away. 14 But their minds were hardened; for until this very day at the reading of the old covenant the same veil remains unlifted, because it is removed in Christ.

2 Cor 3:16 but whenever a person turns to the Lord, the veil is taken away. 17 Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty. 18 But we all, with unveiled face, beholding as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory, just as from the Lord, the Spirit.

I am convinced that whatever the opinion we might have about what judgment or wrath or correction might entail, we can all confidently say that we have a full assurance of faith that "WHENEVER a person turns to the Lord, the veil is taken away."

Isn't this glorious!?!

No matter what, be it through earthly trial or aionian kolassis; be it at the Great White Throne or while experiencing the lake of fire, we ALL kno that the end of it all is that "Every knee shall bow, whether in heaven or on earth or under the earth, and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord to the glory of God the Father!"

This means every veil will be removed. Every soul will repent. Everyone will turn to the Lord.

What did Adam do in the garden?

He hid.

Hebrews 4: 12 For the word of God is living and active and sharper than any two-edged sword, and piercing as far as the division of soul and spirit, of both joints and marrow, and able to judge the thoughts and intentions of the heart. 13 And there is no creature hidden from His sight, but all things are open and laid bare to the eyes of Him with whom we have to do.

There can be no hiding from the face of Jesus Christ. All things are open to the eyes of Him with whom we have to do. Every eye will see Him even those who have pierced Him.

It is written in Isaiah, 25:7 And he will destroy in this mountain the face of the covering cast over all people, and the vail that is spread over all nations.

Ezekiel 43:12 This is the law of the house; Upon the top of the mountain the whole limit thereof round about shall be most holy. Behold, this is the law of the house.

Isaiah:2:2 And it shall come to pass in the last days, that the mountain of the Lord's house shall be established in the top of the mountains, and shall be exalted above the hills; and all nations shall flow unto it.

3 And many people shall go and say, Come ye, and let us go up to the mountain of the Lord, to the house of the God of Jacob; and he will teach us of his ways, and we will walk in his paths: for out of Zion shall go forth the law, and the word of the Lord from Jerusalem.

4 And he shall judge among the nations, and shall rebuke many people: and they shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruninghooks: nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall they learn war any more.

In every age, the disruption at the end of the age is the introduction to the next. "I have anointed you to tear down and root up, to build up and to plant"- but the FINAL JUDGMENT of all fell upon the Lord Jesus Christ, and because of that great love whit which He loved us, we, who were once aliens, hostile in mind and engaged in evil deeds have been reconciled by the blood of His cross- "For by grace are you saved through faith, and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God, lest any man should boast".

So there will be no boasting. Every knee will bow and every tongue will confess" because in His presence no flesh can glory. No credit can be taken, other than that which may be given, "Well done you good and faithful servant"- for which we strive through Him who is in us to will and to work of His good pleasure- WHICH IS THE RECONCILIATION OF ALL, and it will take place upon this mountain,

The same contrast that is drawn in 2 Corinthians 3:12- 2 Cor 4:6 is drawn in Hebrews 12 concerning this mountain.

Heb 12:18 For you have not come to a mountain that can be touched and to a blazing fire, and to darkness and gloom and whirlwind, 19 and to the blast of a trumpet and the sound of words which sound was such that those who heard begged that no further word be spoken to them. 20 For they could not bear the command, "If even a beast touches the mountain, it will be stoned." 21 And so terrible was the sight, that Moses said, "I am full of fear and trembling." 22 But you have come to Mount Zion and to the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to myriads of angels, 23 to the general assembly and church of the firstborn who are enrolled in heaven, and to God, the Judge of all, and to the spirits of the righteous made perfect, 24 and to Jesus, the mediator of a new covenant, and to the sprinkled blood, which speaks better than the blood of Abel.

It is upon this mountain where "He must reign until every adversary is made a footstool for His feet", that in the ages to come the "light will go forth from Zion".

Jeremiah 31:12 Therefore they shall come and sing in the height of Zion, and shall flow together to the goodness of the Lord, for wheat, and for wine, and for oil, and for the young of the flock and of the herd: and their soul shall be as a watered garden; and they shall not sorrow any more at all.

Jeremiah 51:44 And I will punish Bel in Babylon, and I will bring forth out of his mouth that which he hath swallowed up: and the nations shall not flow together any more unto him: yea, the wall of Babylon shall fall.

"For now the axe is laid to the root of the trees"......Jesus is that axe, and the trees are falling.

"therefore every tree which bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire......Jesus is that fire.

The word of God, like a fire in our bones, "For did not our hearts burn within us"

And  also the fire that will remake the world in righteousness.

10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.

2 Pet 3:11 Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness,

12 Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements(stoicheia-elemental principles) shall melt with fervent heat?

13 Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.

All that the fire consumes is the veils. When the veils are all consumed all will be one and God will be ALL IN ALL.

As the veils are taken away all that was wrath, all that was fear, all that was of hostility will fade away like the night from the morning sun and every mouth will sing His praise.

Rev 5:13 And every creature which is in heaven, and on the earth, and under the earth, and such as are in the sea, and all that are in them, heard I saying, Blessing, and honour, and glory, and power, be unto him that sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb for ever and ever.

Isn't it glorious!  :dsunny:
« Last Edit: November 13, 2014, 07:17:57 PM by eaglesway »
The Logos is complete, but it is not completely understood. hellisamyth.webs.com

Offline rosered

• Gold
Re: The veil and the terror of punishment
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2014, 03:25:53 PM »

I love it Bro John!!

I believe your thoughts are really excellent concerning  the wrath to come  from the old  and it would be Jesus putting and end to   enemies  of the Spirit
  exposing the old man of sin 

It is glorious!!! :flowerred:
 I wonder if the veil  /vale   is our flesh  and seeing everyone else flesh  too
  when its out of the way  /man of sin  , we see the Spirit , we SEE GOD
 The pure in heart shall see God
  you seen me you seen the Father ....
  we are to know Christ no longer after the flesh
  the    veil tore  from top to bottom   on   the work of the Cross and  access to heaven   would come  by the Spirit entering  the heavens/holy of Holies  , Jesus First  as He  allows  access/ judgement     for any one of us to enter

hebrews 10  Therefore, brothers and sisters, since we have confidence to enter the Most Holy Place by the blood of Jesus

« Last Edit: November 13, 2014, 03:39:53 PM by rosered »
Jesus is the reward  !!

Offline Lazarus Short

• Bronze
  • The truth points to itself. -Kosh Naranek
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2014, 07:04:29 PM »
Yes, Glory from the One who dwells in inapproachable light. :dsunny: :dsunny: :dsunny: :dsunny: :dsunny: :dsunny: :dsunny:
Socrates taught Plato.  Plato taught Aristotle.  Aristotle tutored the son of Philip of Macedon.  This boy grew up to become Alexander the Great, largely by slaughtering a lot of people.  That's philosophy.

Jesus spoke the Truth.  He blessed the poor.  He healed the sick.  He even raised the dead.  He died on a cross for us, lived again, and came back long enough to tell us to love one another.  That's religion.

Offline eaglesway

• < Moderator >
    • Hell is a Myth.com
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2014, 07:17:13 PM »
 :dsunny:
The Logos is complete, but it is not completely understood. hellisamyth.webs.com

Offline dajomaco

• Bronze
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2014, 07:28:18 PM »
Adam hid.

I used to think that somehow I could not take the Holy Spirit with me while I was in the middle of sin.
(I thought it was disgusting to make the Spirit be a partner in my Sin)
I would definitely be conscience of the Holy Spirit when later asking for forgiveness.
Then there was nowhere to hide in my mind and I was conscience of the presence of the Spirit.
Then amazingly it was in the middle and during Sin that the Holy Spirit would lead me.
I followed and I don't hide any more.

Offline eaglesway

• < Moderator >
    • Hell is a Myth.com
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2014, 07:32:31 PM »
The Spirit of the Lord is able to rescue us out of the midst of anything.

Offline micah7:9

• Gold
  • Mic 7:8 Thou dost not rejoice over me, O mine ene
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2014, 09:24:19 PM »
Psa 139:1  To the Overseer. --A Psalm by David. Jehovah, Thou hast searched me, and knowest.
Psa 139:2  Thou--Thou hast known my sitting down, And my rising up, Thou hast attended to my thoughts from afar.
Psa 139:3  My path and my couch Thou hast fanned, And with all my ways hast been acquainted.
Psa 139:4  For there is not a word in my tongue, Lo, O Jehovah, Thou hast known it all!
Psa 139:5  Behind and before Thou hast besieged me, And Thou dost place on me Thy hand.
Psa 139:6  Knowledge too wonderful for me, It hath been set on high, I am not able for it.

Psa 139:7  Whither do I go from Thy Spirit? And whither from Thy face do I flee?
Psa 139:8  If I ascend the heavens--there Thou art , And spread out a couch in Sheol, lo, Thee!
Psa 139:9  I take the wings of morning, I dwell in the uttermost part of the sea,
Psa 139:10  Also there Thy hand doth lead me, And Thy right hand doth hold me.
Psa 139:11  And I say, `Surely darkness bruiseth me, Then night is light to me.
Psa 139:12  Also darkness hideth not from Thee, And night as day shineth, as is darkness so is light.
Mic 7:8  Thou dost not rejoice over me, O mine enemy, When I have fallen, I have risen, When I sit in darkness Jehovah is a light to me.

Offline dajomaco

• Bronze
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2014, 12:21:28 AM »
Psa 139:1  To the Overseer. --A Psalm by David. Jehovah, Thou hast searched me, and knowest.
Psa 139:2  Thou--Thou hast known my sitting down, And my rising up, Thou hast attended to my thoughts from afar.
Psa 139:3  My path and my couch Thou hast fanned, And with all my ways hast been acquainted.
Psa 139:4  For there is not a word in my tongue, Lo, O Jehovah, Thou hast known it all!
Psa 139:5  Behind and before Thou hast besieged me, And Thou dost place on me Thy hand.
Psa 139:6  Knowledge too wonderful for me, It hath been set on high, I am not able for it.

Psa 139:7  Whither do I go from Thy Spirit? And whither from Thy face do I flee?
Psa 139:8  If I ascend the heavens--there Thou art , And spread out a couch in Sheol, lo, Thee!
Psa 139:9  I take the wings of morning, I dwell in the uttermost part of the sea,
Psa 139:10  Also there Thy hand doth lead me, And Thy right hand doth hold me.
Psa 139:11  And I say, `Surely darkness bruiseth me, Then night is light to me.
Psa 139:12  Also darkness hideth not from Thee, And night as day shineth, as is darkness so is light.
:dsunny: :dsunny: :dsunny:

Offline sheila

• Gold
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2014, 01:02:13 AM »
   Wonderful OT and thread! Just able to borrow the use of a laptop for a short while....and have read on the forum at the

library.

Miss you all,can't wait for my computer to get fixed[hopefully]   Miss my morning coffee with you all real

bad!   :HeartThrob:   

Offline eaglesway

• < Moderator >
    • Hell is a Myth.com
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2014, 01:25:34 AM »
 Hope u get it back soon!

Offline marie glen

• Bronze
  • HiS perfect intent? Besides paradise & perfection?
    • Inner Monastery on Blogspot
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2014, 04:14:11 AM »
 Yes, it is glorious! Yeow! what verses!! And a very good job of putting them together..!

.."all the ends of the earth will remember and turn to the LORD.." (ps 22:27)
   ..."children of the sun begin to awake.." led zeppelin :laughing7:
- Is it written? no repentance after death? if resurrected still in ones sins (2nd Resurrection) will be weeping and wailing? Holy Days - Trumpets, Atonement, Tabernacles prophecy the three peaks of His long 2nd advent? Is weeping & wailing the beginning of the redemptive process? by the end of judgement age, veRy few to cleansing in LOF?
``````````````````````````````````````````````````
- "...aLL things new" Rev21:5 "A new heavens and a new earth" Rev 21:1 - Is 11:7 Micah 4:4 Is 30:25
http://www.bubblews.com/news/9080033 -revelation told in rhyme - 45 days