Author Topic: Myth of Gehenna  (Read 11954 times)

Offline Cardinal

• < Moderator >
Re: Myth of Gehenna
« Reply #150 on: April 19, 2011, 01:14:42 AM »
 :cloud9: AMEN Taff and Nate  :HeartThrob: :thumbsup:
"I would rather train twenty men to pray, than a thousand to preach; A minister's highest mission ought to be to teach his people to pray." -H. MacGregor

Offline micah7:9

• Gold
  • Mic 7:8 Thou dost not rejoice over me, O mine ene
« Reply #151 on: April 19, 2011, 01:31:11 AM »
to practice divination, divine, observe signs, learn by experience, diligently observe, practice fortunetelling, take as an omen

the serpent Bro which Birthed the Carnal Mind-- Eve is Adams MIND right= soul -- so what we see is what happens in the mind of ADAM-- the birthing of the carnal Mind through the error of discrnment being the Serpent-  :icon_flower:

No serpent birthed the carnal mind, that mind came at the breath of life when man BECAME a living soul. I reason that when man was put in a deep sleep and the woman was made from the "flesh" (CARNAL G4559  sarkikos
From G4561; pertaining to flesh,) the mind of man was prepared for the next purpose in the plan of the Lord God. The mind(heart) is nothing more than the channel which is used

eve is the MIND bro= soul as the LORD is the soul of theFATHER hence if youve seen me you seen the FATHER FOR WE ARE ONE--so is Eve the soul of adam HIS MIND as they to are ONE
To be carnal minded is Death Right? so are saying the second Adam breathed he was DEAD even before Eve Shown as His mind Sinned? or is what we read for our edification showing us How the The mind is decieved By the serpent-  one has to Absorb the thought before the action of birthing it--- maybe thats why Paul; mentions bringing every thought into cpativity---
which obviously didnt happen with Adam hence the error of discernment birthing the nature of the carnal mind--= satan the judge the accuser one who stands in opposition- consider Peter who Christ NAMED= nature satan as he too birthed The Judge By His error of Discerment-- sems thats How we Learn- so Christ Rebuked HIM if stan was Pteter then it was Peter the Lord rebuked--

But he turned, and said unto Peter, Get thee behind me, Satan: thou art an offence unto me: for thou savourest not the things that be of God, but those that be of men.

" even so your seeing a Literal Being with a Literal carnal Brain made of Blood veins etc---" I certainly am not

The mind is decieved By the serpent- one has to Absorb the thought before the action of birthing it--- maybe thats why Paul; mentions bringing every thought into cpativity---
"The mind is decieved By the serpent" if what you say is true what am I to do with:
Rom 1:28  And even as they refused to have God in their knowledge, God gave them up unto a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not fitting;
Rom 8:20  For the creation was subjected to vanity, not of its own will, but by reason of him who subjected it, in hope
I find no serpent here.
"which obviously didnt happen with Adam hence the error of discernment birthing the nature of the carnal mind--=
You are saying here that the Lord God made an error? "Adam hence the error"

(YLT)  And Jesus answering him said, `Get thee behind me, Adversary, for it hath been written, Thou shalt bow before the Lord thy God, and Him only thou shalt serve.' (Luke 4:8)
(YLT)  and he, having turned, and having looked on his disciples, rebuked Peter, saying, `Get behind me, Adversary, because thou dost not mind the things of God, but the things of men.' (Mark 8:33)

Peter responded just the way any man would in his circumstances having followed the Lord. Yes Peter was an adversary to Words of Jesus for he was only thinking of His Saviours safety.
I believe that the word "adversary" was translated into the proper name "satan" was the error.
Mic 7:8  Thou dost not rejoice over me, O mine enemy, When I have fallen, I have risen, When I sit in darkness Jehovah is a light to me.

Offline Taffy

• Gold
« Reply #152 on: April 19, 2011, 01:52:46 AM »
 :icon_flower:

Rom 1:28  And even as they refused to have God in their knowledge, God gave them up unto a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not fitting;
Rom 8:20  For the creation was subjected to vanity, not of its own will, but by reason of him who subjected it, in hope

mICAH-- The serpent is NOT an IT-- its the error of discernment which takes place in your MIND-- - yes Man was Made Subject to Vanity as the Lord spoke of it from the The begginnig---  even so for sin to take place an ACT had to occur and you seem to keep missing this- The Lord purposed man to fall , Man still had to sin to FALL

"which obviously didnt happen with Adam hence the error of discernment birthing the nature of the carnal mind--=
You are saying here that the Lord God made an error? "Adam hence the error"

NO! Ive never stated that at all- quite the contrary- it was Man Who fulfilled the Purpose of his desire and SINNED- ADAM\MAN SIN was His failure to discern RIGHTLY-- aka - thou cain if thou doest WELL will you not be accepted---[ to Judge rightly-- ]ADAM through his MIND Eve JUDGED wrongly as SIN brought DEATH not life---   therefore the serpent birthed the acusser the Adversary--- HE who stands In opposion to TRUTH----  as did Pater being called satan---lets put this simply its through the Error of discernment WE LEARN  which as youll find is the root meaning of the serpent --- as did Peter who was rebuked for His Carnal mindedness who stood in Opposition to the LORDS WILL Bro---

(YLT)  And Jesus answering him said, `Get thee behind me, Adversary, for it hath been written, Thou shalt bow before the Lord thy God, and Him only thou shalt serve.' (Luke 4:8)
(YLT)  and he, having turned, and having looked on his disciples, rebuked Peter, saying, `Get behind me, Adversary, because thou dost not mind the things of God, but the things of men.' (Mark 8:33)

Peter responded just the way any man would in his circumstances having followed the Lord. Yes Peter was an adversary to Words of Jesus for he was only thinking of His Saviours safety.
I believe that the word "adversary" was translated into the proper name "satan" was the error.
to bow means to Lower the head to the ONE who RULES, likened to Kissing the HAND, SO YES carnal Mind of Peter shown is being his Nature[ satan] has to  BOW-- or one could state the OLD MAN needs to be Buried at Baptism Bro

as For peter responding -EXACTLY as the Carnal Mind is Enmity - its the very purpose we are SHOWN this within the Scriptures-- There No profit in the Flesh= Carnal Mind-- 
« Last Edit: April 19, 2011, 01:55:57 AM by Taffy »
Isa 29:18 And in that day shall the deaf hear the words of the book, and the eyes of the blind shall see out of obscurity, and out of darkness.

Offline Taffy

• Gold
« Reply #153 on: April 19, 2011, 02:04:19 AM »
again consider the serpent-- the error of Discernment being the Sepents cast to the earth by Pharoahs magicians---- what was Pharoahs error bro? Simple right- FAILING TO OBEY THE word of the LORD so He Judged wrongly birthing the nature on MAN the Beast Known as Satan the """"adversary also known as the GREAT dragon"""" but what Happened to these SERPENTS?  The Rod of Moses turned into a SERPENT and SWALLOWED  them UP right?

what do you think this is symbolic of Bro---- so I ask you whats swallows up the cause of DEATH?
Isa 29:18 And in that day shall the deaf hear the words of the book, and the eyes of the blind shall see out of obscurity, and out of darkness.

• Gold
« Reply #154 on: April 19, 2011, 02:32:40 AM »
"therefore the serpent birthed the acusser the Adversary" Taffy

I dont follow or get your teaching. Here you say that the serpent "birthed" the adversary. Just how is that?
In Rev 20:2  and he laid hold on the dragon, the old serpent, who is Devil and Adversary,..." Arent they all the same.
"mICAH-- The serpent is NOT an IT-- its the error of discernment which takes place in your MIND-- - yes Man was Made Subject to Vanity as the Lord spoke of it from the The begginnig---  even so for sin to take place an ACT had to occur and you seem to keep missing this- The Lord purposed man to fall , Man still had to sin to FALL"
You say that the serpent is not an it, but you say "ITS the error of discsernment" isnt that an IT?

Also I am not missing the purpose and plan of the Lord for mankind. I do not except the primise that there was a "fall"; I do believe that the Lord God had every intention of what happen in the garden. If the Lord God had purpose and plan then man did not fall.
The first time "sin" is used in the Bible is Gen.4:7 and it has to do with Cain. From what I can tell mans act was of disobedince
I realize that disobedience is missing the mark...sin...but the writer of Genesis did not call it that. Some to consider Yes?

"again consider the serpent-- the error of Discernment" Taffy  Do we add that name to the list in Rev. 20:2?"what was Pharoahs error bro?" Taffy
 I dont believe that Pharoh made any mistakes.
I dont want to cause discord, but I find your information blury to understand.
Mic 7:8  Thou dost not rejoice over me, O mine enemy, When I have fallen, I have risen, When I sit in darkness Jehovah is a light to me.

Offline Nathan

• Gold
« Reply #155 on: April 19, 2011, 02:34:52 AM »
While the door is still open here on this opportunity to indulge . . .there was one more thing that hotmagma mentioned that I have not yet .  . .

Will we have a physical glorified body, existing on earth, in (and out) of space and time?

I personally believe this is actually the crux of the whole "where does my soul go when I die" topic.  I believe that we are complete, living beings ONLY when there is a spirit occupying a body, through which the soul manifests.  Without the combination of the two, the third doesn't manifest.  So when we die, I'd hate to say it, but we become incomplete.  One of the . . .ANOTHER one of the great mysteries is the idea that God, in his sovereignty elected to let us be his complete craftmanship in the midst of a realm of death and decay.  Not only do we survive here, we sustain here . . .we flourish and multiply . . .in the "midst" of death and decay, we are given the gift to live life in the middle of it all.  His spirit continues to resonate in our most inner being beyond our understanding, or even awareness.  Remember the covenant he made with Abraham was unto himself . . .he is the only constant through all of this.

And when these tents wear out,  we leave them . . .and no longer does the soul manifest life in the bodies of flesh . . .our spirit passes and we essentially go on living throughout time as time is governed according to "this" side of life,  there's just no visible manifestation of our presence .  . . until . . . the end does come . . .and yes, I believe there is a literal end to this natural existance for all creation . . .when the time comes when we are given new bodies, when natural reverses postions with spiritual and spiritual with natural, we will be given glorified bodies again through which our soul manifests again . . .  I just see my soul like my shadow . . .light appears, a shadow is cast  . . light is removed (spriit) the shadow no longer manifests.

So I guess to answer the soul question, I'd say . . .if you can explain where your shadow goes . . then you can understand where one's soul goes . . .

Peter Pan may not have been too far off after all.   :laughing7:

Offline Taffy

• Gold
« Reply #156 on: April 19, 2011, 02:55:04 AM »
therefore the serpent birthed the acusser the Adversary" Taffy

I dont follow or get your teaching. Here you say that the serpent "birthed" the adversary. Just how is that?
In Rev 20:2  and he laid hold on the dragon, the old serpent, who is Devil and Adversary,..." Arent they all the same.

the same MIND YES--  But consider your thought befoe you birth it-- it still comes from the same mind --  The serpent is the cause of the action-- as theres never no cause without effect bro-- simples

You say that the serpent is not an it, but you say "ITS the error of discsernment" isnt that an IT?
an it is an identfication  hoping to split the difference of that being an ENTITY which you Belive to be OUTWARD---- does that explian?

Also I am not missing the purpose and plan of the Lord for mankind. I do not except the primise that there was a "fall"; I do believe that the Lord God had every intention of what happen in the garden. If the Lord God had purpose and plan then man did not fall.
The first time "sin" is used in the Bible is Gen.4:7 and it has to do with Cain. From what I can tell mans act was of disobedince
I realize that disobedience is missing the mark...sin...but the writer of Genesis did not call it that. Some to consider Yes?

sdo now your back tracking?   HIS PURPOSE stands if we fall or Stand Bro----lest your now saying God really didnt Know the outcome?  but No In reality he didnt fall bro as it was purposed The Lord had it covered from the OFF-- again we have to walk this out as did Adam and all of US--  althou sin is not mentioned - the simples of it it is to miss the MARK-- and thats what Adam did which Caused the birth of carnal mindedness = sin and death- It may not mention sin BUT missing the mark through the error of Judgment certainly is SIN

AND PHAROAH DIDNT AMKE ANY MISTAKES? well thats typivcal man isnt it--- of course HE DID , the carnal mind is what pharoah IS-- The RULER of the GREAT HOUSE- but we see the LORD hardeness his heart-- for mine tell me he was in control from the off--- that the carnal mind is destined to fall----- so why do you think is states in Romans that Pharoah was RAISED for HIS GLORY bro? any chance of answering some of mine too bro?

Offline Taffy

• Gold
« Reply #157 on: April 19, 2011, 03:00:55 AM »
if may state brother you not seeing the soul  being eve ect will no doubt play havoc with what in sharing-- alas L RAY doesnt teach that does he bro--- I like Ray spent may a Time there-- but alas for mine satan is Not an a entity and will not be saved come the Lake of fire as the lake of FIRE for mine is the CROSS---this is where we part Im afraid , not just that nut a few other things is why he kindly booted me from his forum-- God Bless HIM:icon_flower:

• Gold
« Reply #158 on: April 19, 2011, 03:10:55 AM »
Perhaps the "nut" has forgot the three fingers pointing back at him....alas. I like L.Ray he makes Bible sense without making up a bunch of words not in the Word to explain what the Bible teaches.

I feel your "simples" is just to confusing for little ol me bro. But Thanks ...Peace and Love.

Offline Taffy

• Gold
« Reply #159 on: April 19, 2011, 03:19:46 AM »
Perhaps the "nut" has forgot the three fingers pointing back at him....alas. I like L.Ray he makes Bible sense without making up a bunch of words not in the Word to explain what the Bible teaches.

I feel your "simples" is just to confusing for little ol me bro. But Thanks ...Peace and Love.
that was a Typo sorry- meaning BUT not NUT---- yeah I really loved his take on the twin towers----- --   Yikes--- as for teaching whats Not in the Bible can you show me the TWIN TOWERS? In  Lrays famous words "Ill now hold my Breath"

peace and love to Micah :HeartThrob:

KnownByHim

« Reply #160 on: April 19, 2011, 05:26:50 AM »
To Micah, Taffy, & Nathan...

Just wanted to say that this has been a seriously GLORIOUS thread that I have been reading.
To Christ Jesus be praised!
I have more to share...will be back.
His blessings to each of you.

• Gold
« Reply #161 on: April 19, 2011, 07:28:09 AM »

that was a Typo sorry- meaning BUT not NUT---- yeah I really loved his take on the twin towers----- --   Yikes--- as for teaching whats Not in the Bible can you show me the TWIN TOWERS? In  Lrays famous words "Ill now hold my Breath"

Your right, but his take aint no different that other stories that religious people tell.

Offline Molly

• Gold
« Reply #162 on: April 19, 2011, 09:49:31 AM »
7But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom, which God ordained before the world unto our glory:

Which none of the princes of this world knew: for had they known [it], they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.  KJV

None of the rulers of this age understood it, for if they had, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.NIV

--1 Cor 2

Who are the princes of this age that crucified Christ, the ones from whom God kept the hidden wisdom?  Are the Pharisees princes of this age? The Roman governors?  What about the Jews? 

"princes"

G758
ἄρχων
archōn
ar'-khone
Present participle of G757; a first (in rank or power): - chief (ruler), magistrate, prince, ruler.

I don't think the princes of this age are little men in red suits with pitchforks. In fact, I don't think they are men at all.  But, I do think they are very real.

Maybe English doesn't do them justice, because what they are called in the Greek is much more formidable sounding,  archon aion.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2011, 09:55:32 AM by Molly »

Offline Taffy

• Gold
« Reply #163 on: April 19, 2011, 01:14:58 PM »

Your right, but his take aint no different that other stories that religious people tell.
Brother the Spirit Soul Body which many understand is VERY scriptural---- not a MYTH--

Eve is a Representaion of our SOUL bro- your mind, heart , will, desire and emoitions-- [ Check the meaning of SOUL] yes a a Living being but your more then JUST a Living Being arent you- -- so the female part of us is Known as the Soul- Mind etc---

so In Type the Flesh= soul = female -- the LORD sees ALL flesh being FEMALE bro-- ever wonder why the Lord is  as a Man and HIS BRIDE a WOMAN- WHEN IN THE kINGDOM EVERYONE IS SEXLESS?

so why do you think Paul taLkes of a WOMAN whos covering  her HAIR bro--- The flesh of man is the woman and its the flesh as with EVE WHICH CAUSED sin which needs a covering BRO-- paul again speaking in the fgurative--- But what do folk take/.. again the literal--  :sigh:

1Cr 11:15   But if a woman have long hair, it is a glory to her: for [her] hair is given her for a covering. 

this IS all VERY SCRIPTURAL BUT again Hidden unless you compare the spiritual with the spiritual----- :HeartThrob:
« Last Edit: April 19, 2011, 01:34:03 PM by Taffy »

Offline Taffy

• Gold
« Reply #164 on: April 19, 2011, 01:29:39 PM »
7But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom, which God ordained before the world unto our glory:

Which none of the princes of this world knew: for had they known [it], they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.  KJV

None of the rulers of this age understood it, for if they had, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.NIV

--1 Cor 2

Who are the princes of this age that crucified Christ, the ones from whom God kept the hidden wisdom?  Are the Pharisees princes of this age? The Roman governors?  What about the Jews? 

"princes"

G758
ἄρχων
archōn
ar'-khone
Present participle of G757; a first (in rank or power): - chief (ruler), magistrate, prince, ruler.

I don't think the princes of this age are little men in red suits with pitchforks. In fact, I don't think they are men at all.  But, I do think they are very real.

Maybe English doesn't do them justice, because what they are called in the Greek is much more formidable sounding,  archon aion.
Good morning Molly- :icon_flower:

Princes are Men molly-- plain simple men who again in TYPE portray the Flesh= Carnal Mind-- again scripture as a wheel moves to the pharisses again a  type also portraying Princes = Men = the carnal Mind-- Tis why the scripture mentions PUT no TRUST in PRINCES--ie put no trust in your EVE= your flesh- your carnal mind---

Psa 118:8   [It is] better to trust in the LORD than to put confidence in man.  

Psa 118:9   [It is] better to trust in the LORD than to put confidence in princes

Psa 119:23   Princes also did sit [and] speak against me: [but] thy servant did meditate in thy statutes.

Psa 107:40   He poureth contempt upon princes, and causeth them to wander in the wilderness, [where there is] no way

who are the KINGS of the EARTH= simple men the lord mentions in Math about the KINGS of the EARTH and Trbute

148:11   Kings of the earth, and all people; princes, and all judges of the earth: 

Psa 82:6   I have said, Ye [are] gods; and all of you [are] children of the most High. 

Psa 82:7   But ye shall die like men, and fall like one of the princes.  

Psa 82:8   Arise, O God, judge the earth: for thou shalt inherit all nations. 

So again why the PRINCE of this world- who many believe to be that wee fella with a Pitch folk  in truth is no more then the carnal mind= Flesh= he that opposes or is adverse etc---

Christ overcome = Judged well unlike EVE the soul of man and was accepted as our TRUE sacrifice--- theres was NO devil dragging him anywhere by the arm-- this all took place in the realm of HIS MIND-- as Nate points outs too--- :icon_flower:

Offline WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
« Reply #165 on: April 19, 2011, 01:44:18 PM »
So again why the PRINCE of this world- who many believe to be that wee fella with a Pitch folk
Even I'm beyond that point...

Who/what are the beast and false prophet?

YLTRev 20
10 and the Devil, who is leading them astray, was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where are the beast and the false prophet, and they shall be tormented day and night--to the ages of the ages.
1 Timothy 2:3-4  ...God our Savior;  Who will have all men to be saved...
John 12:47  And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.
Romans 4:5 But to the one who does not work, but believes in the one who declares the ungodly righteous ...

Offline Taffy

• Gold
« Reply #166 on: April 19, 2011, 01:51:47 PM »
So again why the PRINCE of this world- who many believe to be that wee fella with a Pitch folk
Even I'm beyond that point...

Who/what are the beast and false prophet?

YLTRev 20
10 and the Devil, who is leading them astray, was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where are the beast and the false prophet, and they shall be tormented day and night--to the ages of the ages.
Rofl WW-- how about those Dantes comics-- you beyond those too-lol

yup forever and ever and ever as THE carnal mind will perish for all eternity as it WILL be NO more by the Time the LORD sift that MIND out of us------ so lets say this--- for ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever= 7 makes PERFECT--- yehaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! :icon_flower:
ps- Dont forget Leviathan--- that sea critter , its going to hurt that literal beast though----- how strange-- the Fire is symbolic but we cast a Literal BEAST into it----- will the penny ever DROP-ROFL :icon_flower:
« Last Edit: April 19, 2011, 01:56:01 PM by Taffy »

Offline WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
« Reply #167 on: April 19, 2011, 02:40:27 PM »
Do I sense some sarchasm there o thou great pit lord :winkgrin:

So if the guy with the pitchfork is my mind then who is the beast/prophet/
1 Timothy 2:3-4  ...God our Savior;  Who will have all men to be saved...
John 12:47  And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.
Romans 4:5 But to the one who does not work, but believes in the one who declares the ungodly righteous ...

Offline Taffy

• Gold
« Reply #168 on: April 19, 2011, 02:56:33 PM »
Do I sense some sarchasm there o thou great pit lord :winkgrin:

So if the guy with the pitchfork is my mind then who is the beast/prophet/

nO ww-- Just plain simple logic--- :icon_flower: :winkgrin:

The False Prophet is HE, like the ANTI christ WHO SITS on the LORDS THRONE= MIND thinking himself god ---- theres only two minds- the carnal mind which opposes or HIS which is TRUTH--- the carnal like Eve needs to be in subjection to to HIS MIND= BE ONE through obedience- NOTthe other way about -

The Beast is satan , the devil, leviathan , Th great dragon, the Flase Prophet, the Anti Christ which are ALLthe carnal mindedness of man being DEATH---

The Lord disposes of the Flase Prophet as the THRONE in which HE THINKs HE sits is RIGHTLY the LORDS and comes BACK to TAKE it Like a Theif in the NIGHT------

as Job mentions MEN ARE "BEASTS""" its the same WW told different ways-- its LORDS way of hiding HIS Truth from carnal Intellects of men who try to search Him out by intellect alone-- that my friend can never ever be DONE-- LAY THAT Mind to rest and TRUST in HIM and llet his rivers flow through YOU and you RISE above the natural\Physical coming to understand , Not Just litraleese but The language he SPEAKS in through the figurative----so much is missed without seeing types shadows and Patterns :sigh:
« Last Edit: April 19, 2011, 04:06:50 PM by Taffy »

• Gold
« Reply #169 on: April 19, 2011, 06:33:50 PM »

Brother the Spirit Soul Body which many understand is VERY scriptural---- not a MYTH--

Eve is a Representaion of our SOUL bro- your mind, heart , will, desire and emoitions-- [ Check the meaning of SOUL] yes a a Living being but your more then JUST a Living Being arent you- -- so the female part of us is Known as the Soul- Mind etc---

so In Type the Flesh= soul = female -- the LORD sees ALL flesh being FEMALE bro-- ever wonder why the Lord is  as a Man and HIS BRIDE a WOMAN- WHEN IN THE kINGDOM EVERYONE IS SEXLESS?

so why do you think Paul taLkes of a WOMAN whos covering  her HAIR bro--- The flesh of man is the woman and its the flesh as with EVE WHICH CAUSED sin which needs a covering BRO-- paul again speaking in the fgurative--- But what do folk take/.. again the literal--  :sigh:

1Cr 11:15   But if a woman have long hair, it is a glory to her: for [her] hair is given her for a covering. 

this IS all VERY SCRIPTURAL BUT again Hidden unless you compare the spiritual with the spiritual----- :HeartThrob:

Perhaps, but also it could just be your own spiritual opinion. I wont go any futher, but out in the world of regligion I venture to say there would be found at least a dozen others who will say....
"this IS all VERY SCRIPTURAL BUT again Hidden unless you compare the spiritual with the spiritual----- :HeartThrob:"

"Brother the Spirit Soul Body which many understand is VERY scriptural---- not a MYTH--" 

I understand quite well what spirit soul body is, when taken from the Word in Genesis2:7 that is a statement of error, a living soul(creature) is body and spirit.
Rather than use the word soul, the word sentient would be more understandable, if we are to  understand what the Bible tells us in the beginning what a living soul is. The opposite would be an unliving or dead soul which to me is nothing or not a soul.

Offline Cardinal

• < Moderator >
« Reply #170 on: April 19, 2011, 07:18:49 PM »
 :cloud9: "He" (and He called THEIR name Adam) WAS a dead soul, until the life/breath of the Spirit came in. He has to create a vessel to manifest in and thru!

But that vessel is quickened or enlivened so the Spirit can manifest thru it, first with that measure of faith to receive Him, which is what the soul IS is. We grow from glory to glory, and the first glory we receive, is the LESSER GLORY (soul), who has no light (quickening) of it's own, but must receive (like seed is received) from the GREATER GLORY.

The natural bears this principle witness as ALL babies are female until a certain point in their gestation, when if He deems them to be male, they become male, as He forms us in our mother's womb. Well, in the spiritual sense, He forms us in our mother's womb also, taking the soul and so consuming it, that "she" eventually "becomes" a "he", in the sense that "he" is now the VISIBLE one. The invisible God desired visibility.

The fact there is neither male nor female in the Kingdom does not mean it's because there is NEITHER, but because there is BOTH, but one is hidden in the other. Christ was hidden in the bosom of the Father, and when He came He didn't just manifest as the Father in nature, but also manifested as the mother (wisdom) to those that had ears to hear, because she is hidden. And she is hidden, because carnal men put her to shame. Which is why, Joseph, a righteous man, started to hide away Mary, so that she would not be put to an open shame, ie. manifesting what he had "seen" His Father do. More on this, if I ever get the time, sigh....... :winkgrin:
« Last Edit: April 19, 2011, 07:35:06 PM by Cardinal »
"I would rather train twenty men to pray, than a thousand to preach; A minister's highest mission ought to be to teach his people to pray." -H. MacGregor

• Gold
« Reply #171 on: April 19, 2011, 08:31:00 PM »
 :sigh:

Offline Taffy

• Gold
« Reply #172 on: April 19, 2011, 11:26:38 PM »
More on this, if I ever get the time, sigh.......
:icon_flower:

I pray you do Card :icon_flower: :cloud9:

Offline Beloved Servant

• Gold
  • David's sling
« Reply #173 on: April 19, 2011, 11:53:00 PM »

As do I, Card.  :HeartThrob:

But, in the meantime, Taffy please do continue!  :icon_flower:

Doug

« Reply #174 on: April 20, 2011, 12:58:17 AM »
To understand what Jesus meant by Gehenna, I suggest we need to consider its meaning in the context of scripture, rather than Jewish myths and fables, that Paul warned against in Titus 1:14.

The comments of Jesus about Gehenna were based upon scripture, and especially the prophecies of Jeremiah, not the traditions of men. Jesus said of the scribes and Pharisees, they "transgress the commandment of God" by their tradition. [Matthew 15:3]

Zechariah said that all the land round about Jerusalem would become a plain, and Jerusalem would be lifted up.

Zechariah 14:10-11
All the land shall be turned as a plain from Geba to Rimmon south of Jerusalem: and it shall be lifted up, and inhabited in her place, from Benjamin's gate unto the place of the first gate, unto the corner gate, and from the tower of Hananeel unto the king's winepresses.
And men shall dwell in it, and there shall be no more utter destruction; but Jerusalem shall be safely inhabited.

The idea that "Jerusalem shall be safely inhabited," points to Jerusalem as the dwelling place of those who have obtained salvation. The prophecy applies to the heavenly Jerusalem. The earthly city offered the Jews no safety in 70 AD.

The places mentioned above, Benjamin's gate, and the corner gate, are east-west extremities of the city, and the tower of Hananeel to the king's winepresses were the northern and southern limits of the city; the limits specified seem to exclude the valley of Hinnom. That would be in the region that becomes a plain.

Zechariah's prophecy compares with the prophecy of Isaiah, who also said Jerusalem and Zion would be exulted above the hills. [Isaiah 2:1-3] In the New Testament these prophecies are fulfilled as Jerusalem is in heaven, and the earthly Jerusalem is identified with Hagar the Egyptian bondwoman who was cast out of Abraham's house. [Galatians 4:24-31]

In Zechariah, the nations coming against Jerusalem corresponds to Revelation 20:8-9, where deceived people from all nations come against "the camp of the saints" and "the beloved city," which is the new Jerusalem, the church.

As for those nations who come against Jerusalem, In Zechariah 14, they were threatened with a plague.

Zechariah 14:12
And this shall be the plague wherewith the LORD will smite all the people that have fought against Jerusalem; Their flesh shall consume away while they stand upon their feet, and their eyes shall consume away in their holes, and their tongue shall consume away in their mouth.

"Their tongue shall consume away in their mouth," IMO is metaphorical. It applied to the Jews who were unable to reply when Jesus asked them a question, which they were unable to answer.

Matthew 22:46
And no man was able to answer him a word, neither durst any man from that day forth ask him any more questions.

Their eyes consuming away in their holes is also metaphorical; Jesus called the scribes and Pharisees "blind guides." [Matthew 23:16, 24]

He said they "shut up the kingdom of heaven against men: for ye neither go in yourselves, neither suffer ye them that are entering to go in." [Matthew 23:13]

Thus, their eyes consuming away in their holes refers to spiritual blindness.

This helps to show why Jesus said they were in peril of the threat of Gehenna in Matthew 23:33; Jerusalem represents the kingdom of heaven, and they not only did not get into it themselves, but hindered others from doing so.

Zechariah said that the nations which came against Jerusalem would fight each other.

Zechariah 14:13
And it shall come to pass in that day, that a great tumult from the LORD shall be among them; and they shall lay hold every one on the hand of his neighbour, and his hand shall rise up against the hand of his neighbour.

This "great tumult" is evident amongst Christians, who seek to interpret prophecy, yet cling to their traditions. Dispensationalists at war with Preterists; partial and hyper-Preterists at war; classical Dispensationalists, progressive Dispensationalists, ultra-Dispensationalists, mid-Acts Dispensationalists, etc., all at war. And tens of thousands of denominations. Clearly, this prophecy is being fulfilled.

Doug

Gehenna and the land promise