Author Topic: If God know our outcome...  (Read 2406 times)

IceDash

If God know our outcome...
« on: February 08, 2009, 09:10:14 PM »
...whatever we sin, why God is still angry? that what I am confused about, I remember the bible said that God is love but why it said that Love is not jealous or anger, it seem to confused the two way.

Offline Tony N

• Bronze
    • Saviour of All Fellowship
Re: If God know our outcome...
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2009, 10:44:35 PM »
...whatever we sin, why God is still angry? that what I am confused about, I remember the bible said that God is love but why it said that Love is not jealous or anger, it seem to confused the two way.

Today, due to the conciliation, God is not angry with anyone but is the Happy God

1Ti 1:11 in accord with the evangel of the glory of the happy God, with which I was entrusted."

And He is not reckoning our offenses to us:

2Co 5:19 "how that God was in Christ, conciliating the world to Himself, not reckoning their offenses to them, and placing in us the word of the conciliation."

But before that, mankind needed to see that their hearts were wrong even if He is controlling circumstances. Today God is not angry.
Just because God says He will save all mankind
does not necessarily mean He won't.

martincisneros

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2009, 05:56:23 AM »
God knows the outcome of His own Word and of all things that His Word is upholding, but that doesn't necessarily remove the frustration He'll face of the pain in His children's faces that He'll see when anything/everything in the heavens/earth that can be shaken is shaken so that only those things upheld by His Word will remain.  As far as God being ticked, ever heard the analogy of a bear robbed of her cubs?

Offline sparrow

• Bronze
  • I watch, & am as a sparrow alone upon the rooftop.
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2009, 06:44:53 AM »

Today, due to the conciliation, God is not angry with anyone but is the Happy God

1Ti 1:11 in accord with the evangel of the glory of the happy God, with which I was entrusted."

And He is not reckoning our offenses to us:

2Co 5:19 "how that God was in Christ, conciliating the world to Himself, not reckoning their offenses to them, and placing in us the word of the conciliation."

But before that, mankind needed to see that their hearts were wrong even if He is controlling circumstances. Today God is not angry.

:goodpost:
"I knelt to drink,
And knew that I was on the brink
Of endless joy. And everywhere
I turned I saw a wonder there."

If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. And if I have prophetic powers, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. If I give away all I have, and if I deliver up my body to be burned, but have not love, I gain nothing.

Offline claypot

• Bronze
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2009, 03:52:35 PM »

IMO I see God as ever angry at that which is not of Him. His very anger is a fire that destroys all evil. Love is not angry in the sense of the senseless anger we think of. God's anger is a needed because it is constructive not destructive.

cp
For it is God who works in us to will and to do of His good pleasure.

Paul Hazelwood

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2009, 04:08:00 PM »

Knowing the outcome has nothing to do with whether God should or should not be angry it is a manifestation of his sovereignty.

That is one reason why there is so much debate over what we are capable of in contrast with God being in control of everything.   People do not easily see the victory and liberty we do have that is in alignment with what God knows before hand.

Gods anger to us is this teaching that he is going to get us all,  when it is an action that is according to his standing counsel.

The Cross of Jesus Christ is a result of Gods anger.   That Cross , its work, is a part of total restoration.   Gods anger is not about man inducing self righteous guilt upon one another, it is an anger that destroys evil, corruption, breaks the chains of bondage, raises the dead, frees us from addiction, softens our hearts, causes us to repent, causes us to love.

Welcome his anger.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2009, 04:45:44 PM by Paul Hazelwood »

Offline claypot

• Bronze
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2009, 04:29:12 PM »

Knowing the outcome has nothing to do with whether God should or should not be angry it is a manifestation of his sovereignty.

That is one reason why there is no much debate over what we are capable of in contrast with God being in control of everything.   People do not easily see the victory and liberty we do have that is in alignment with what God knows before hand.

Gods anger to us is this teaching that he is going to get us all,  when it is an action that is according to his standing counsel.

The Cross of Jesus Christ is a result of Gods anger.   That Cross , its work, is a part of total restoration.   Gods anger is not about man inducing self righteous guilt upon one another, it is an anger that destroys evil, corruption, breaks the chains of bondage, raises the dead, frees us from addiction, softens our hearts, causes us to repent, causes us to love.

Welcome his anger.

That's how I see it Paul. Constructive, ultimately, not destructive.

cp
For it is God who works in us to will and to do of His good pleasure.

Offline Doc

• Jesus Christ is the Savior of ALL men.
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2009, 10:15:38 PM »
The type of anger I see God as having is that which Jesus demonstrated at the death of Lazarus. He was absolutely furious there, although I don't think the way we typically read that account brings it out.
And, He doesn't even take pleasure in the death of the wicked.
God does not instruct us to pray to change His mind. He wants us to pray so that we'll know His mind.

"Prayer doesn't change God, it changes me." --C.S. Lewis

God never had or needed a Plan B. He's still on Plan A.

Res Veritas Loquitur

Offline peacemaker

• Bronze
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2009, 07:56:45 AM »
You will never surprise God, but you may disappoint Him.

"This is My beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased." :this:

peacemaker

aspiring son

« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2009, 09:13:07 PM »
Christ's anger when he turned the tables and cracked the whip in Jerusalem was an anger for righteousness. I also agree, his anger is constuctive towards making us more in his image, which is destructive to our sin and carnal nature.

Grace and peace