Author Topic: Examples of monsters created by ET doctrine  (Read 1612 times)

jimbo99

Examples of monsters created by ET doctrine
« on: July 08, 2009, 12:03:02 AM »
On occasion, I have gotten into political mudslinging episodes with several fundamentalists on a Topix forum, many of whom are strong believers in hell and in a wrathful, bloodthirsty God.  These debates often get intense, but in the end I am saddened, frustrated, and truly disturbed by their view on God and hell.  Here are some examples that I was able to find:

"You mean "the growth, learning and development of civilizations.... scholarship, science, education and learning." that has brought us to the brink of global collapse? Or, "the growth, learning and development of civilizations.... scholarship, science, education and learning" that brought the atomic bomb, and the MASS EXTERMINATIONS of the 20th Century? Or is it, "the growth, learning and development of civilizations.... scholarship, science, education and learning" that brought about the SLAUGHTER of OVER FIFTY MILLION INNOCENT BEINGS IN THE WOMB?

Tell you what, you sick and diseased God-less freak. I'll take the GOOD OLD DAYS, ANYTIME. >You< immoral and diseased freaks are responsible for MORE DEATH than ALL other causes COMBINED. You freaks are a VIRUS." - GSCensored

"(about Muslims)
Like hell they will have world domination. They tried that before and failed miserably in the "Crusades". They are indeed trying again, and shall fail even more miserably this time. For this time God Himself is going to step in. And NO ONE can beat The Man." - GSCensored

"Modern society has often painted Jesus as a very "soft," even effeminate persona. It is certainly true that Jesus teaches us to be followers of peace and to turn the other cheek when we are reviled or insulted (Matthew 5:9, 38-39). However, being a peacemaker is not necessarily the same as being a pacifist. Keep in mind that this is the same Jesus who specifically instructed His followers to buy a sword ( Luke 22:36). In one of His parables, He portrays Himself as a landowner who imposes the death penalty on an unjust servant ( Luke 19:12-27). When He encountered a Roman military leader (Matthew 8:5-10), Jesus did not rebuke him in the least for his military occupation. Instead, He commends the soldier for his great faith, a faith so strong and pure that it put all of Israel to shame. In all of these areas, Jesus' teachings would be considered quite conservative by modern terms.
Yes,
Jesus would have Armed his followers with guns." - Enochs fire

"Have fun burning in hell, a**wipe" - Wolverine

(about Satan) "You'll have plenty of time to give him "thanks", all of eternity in fact...." - GSCensored

I thought Christianity was supposed to be a religion about love.  Apparently not to these guys - they seem to have a major violence fetish and a giddy, gleeful revenge fantasy of everyone they don't like being brutally tortured forever.  I have told them point-blank that they worship a God of hate.  I know the world is full of nutjobs, but some of these things they have said are sad and downright scary.

Tim B

Re: Examples of monsters created by ET doctrine
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2009, 02:07:31 AM »
Since coming to believe in UR, the idea of a God that sends people to Hell for eternal torment is just so easily seen as sick and wrong. The problem is, that when you see it as "the truth" you'll do almost anything to justify it in your mind. Though were it any other person, other than God, people would obviously see how dementedly sick it is! It's truly brainwashing by religious indoctrination. They seem to enjoy denying their own conscience before they'll deny their God (because they're afraid if they do they'll wind up in Hell.) It's all scare tactics and likewise BS.

Tim B

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2009, 02:11:24 AM »
Remember also: it's people like John Calvin that came about, I would say, because of the ET doctrine. He burnt people at the stake and was also the inventor of Calvinism; one of the most stupid and disgusting doctrines I've ever heard.

martincisneros

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2009, 04:09:44 AM »
Slightly disappointed with the sense of anticipation that the title of the thread gave me.  Was hoping to see something on Cookie Monster, Big Bird, Oscar the Grouch, Elmo, Barney the Dinosaur, Saturday morning cartoons, etc.

Offline jabcat

• Admin
  • SINNER SAVED BY GRACE
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2009, 04:36:24 AM »
Oscar the Grouch believes in ET.  I've heard him preach several times.
Neither should there be vulgar speech, foolish talk, or coarse jesting--all of which are out of character--but rather thanksgiving.  Eph. 5:4  **  Saved 1John 3.2, Eph. 2:8, John 1:12 - Being saved 2Cor. 4:16 2Peter 3:18 - Will be saved 1Peter 1:5 Romans 8:23

Offline jabcat

• Admin
  • SINNER SAVED BY GRACE
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2009, 06:23:35 AM »
Then there's that Elmer Fudd....ooohhh he's a scoundrel.  ALWAYS trying to moider 'da wabbit.  He's gonna burn.

Sorry jimbo...I'll shut up.
Neither should there be vulgar speech, foolish talk, or coarse jesting--all of which are out of character--but rather thanksgiving.  Eph. 5:4  **  Saved 1John 3.2, Eph. 2:8, John 1:12 - Being saved 2Cor. 4:16 2Peter 3:18 - Will be saved 1Peter 1:5 Romans 8:23

Offline sparrow

• Bronze
  • I watch, & am as a sparrow alone upon the rooftop.
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2009, 08:16:23 AM »
snuffleupagus.

He was always kind of weird, lurking around, only could be seen by Big Bird.
talked real slow and sort of hypnotic.
 :mshock:

ok, sorry Jimbo...
I'll shut up too.

"I knelt to drink,
And knew that I was on the brink
Of endless joy. And everywhere
I turned I saw a wonder there."

If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. And if I have prophetic powers, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. If I give away all I have, and if I deliver up my body to be burned, but have not love, I gain nothing.

Offline WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2009, 08:43:43 AM »
Oscar the Grouch believes in ET.  I've heard him preach several times.
Dunno who that is but you are wrong. Cookie Monster is the ET. Eat Them  :winkgrin:

Who's "snuffleupagus" ?
Seems they have fake names in America.

Big Bird = Pino
mouse = Inie Minie
Cat=Tommie
The scholar Ernie
And of course the big evil Bert

1 Timothy 2:3-4  ...God our Savior;  Who will have all men to be saved...
John 12:47  And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.
Romans 4:5 But to the one who does not work, but believes in the one who declares the ungodly righteous ...

Offline jabcat

• Admin
  • SINNER SAVED BY GRACE
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2009, 09:02:48 AM »

SPOKENFOR

« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2009, 09:23:30 AM »
I know the feeling jimbo99...whew! I am worn out on some of these forums and saddened from them as well. I am just totally worn out, I think I need to take a break. :bdh: Lord, give me strength.. :Pray:

I come here and this is the only place I feel at home as far as forums are concerned... :cloud9:

Offline WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2009, 10:00:04 AM »
Article: http://www.tentmaker.org/articles/jesusteachingonhell.html
Just a small quote for the above article.

Summary of the Twelve Gehenna Passages

From these twelve Gehenna passages, we learn that Gehenna would be the familiar valley on the southwest side of Jerusalem where an imminent fiery judgment was coming on the Jews of the generation in which Jesus was crucified. It was unquenchable fire on that generation in that generation. It was a national judgment against the Jews. Gehenna was to the Jews of Jesus' day what it was to the Jews of Jeremiah's day-where the term originated-the city dump! But it entailed all the horror of being rejected and abandoned by God to the merciless enemy who surrounded the gates and who would cause their dead carcasses to be thrown into the burning, worm-infested place. Thus, when Jesus used the term He used it in the same sense that Jeremiah did: as Jerusalem then was abandoned to Babylon's invasion, so Jerusalem of Jesus' day was about to be abandoned to Roman invasion-unless they repented. None of these hell passages say that anyone of our day can go to hell. None of them associate hell with Satan. None of them say that Satan's domain is hell. Though they speak of men being killed and destroyed in Gehenna, none of them speak of men being tormented there. Contrast Jesus' use of hell with traditional preaching on the subject. For example, we quote a Rev. J. Furniss, who said:

See on the middle of that red-hot floor stands a girl: she looks about sixteen years old. Her feet are bare. Listen; she speaks. "I have been standing on this red-hot floor for years! Look at my burnt and bleeding feet! Let me go off this burning floor for one moment!" The fifth dungeon is the red-hot oven. The little child is in the red-hot oven. Hear how it screams to come out; see how it turns and twists itself about in the fire. It beats its head against the roof of the oven. It stamps its little feet on the floor. God was very good to this little child. Very likely God saw it would get worse and worse, and would never repent, and so it would have to be punished more severely in hell. So God in His mercy called it out of the world in early childhood. (J. Furniss, The Sight of Hell [London and Dublin: Duffy], cited by Edward William Fudge, The Fire That Consumes [Houston: Providential Press, 1982], p. 416.)
Did all that preaching come from the twelve Gehenna passages we've just analyzed? Did any of it? We can find none of this language of red-hot floors, dungeons, red-hot ovens, vessels of hot oil, being able to see the throne of God, brick-kilns, torture racks, chains, or great furnaces anywhere in these twelve passages that deal with the subject of Gehenna in the Bible. However, they are easily found in Milton's Paradise Lost and Dante's Inferno.
Read it all. Think about it. And know that most of the ET sermons can't even be found in the worst translated/biased Bible in existance.
1 Timothy 2:3-4  ...God our Savior;  Who will have all men to be saved...
John 12:47  And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.
Romans 4:5 But to the one who does not work, but believes in the one who declares the ungodly righteous ...

Offline chuckt

« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2009, 04:20:52 PM »
REVOLTING BELIEFS FORMERLY TAUGHT

Believing it will be helpful to briefly note to what lengths men have gone in the past to uphold the belief of the natural immortality of the soul, connected with the pagan belief in hell, we will give a few quotations before considering what the Scriptures really teach. These quotations are taken from creeds and sermons of such illustrious preachers as Jonathan Edwards, Isaac Ambrose, Samuel Hopkins, John Whitaker, Spurgeon, Ebenezer Erskine, and others:

"Those wicked men who died many years ago, their souls went to hell,...those who went to hell in former ages of the world have been kept in hell ever since, all the while suffering torment; ...they are kept in being for no other purpose."

"The damned shall be packed like brick in a kiln, and be so bound that they cannot move a limb, nor even an eyelid; and while thus fixed, the Almighty shall blow the fires of hell through them forever."

"Only conceive the poor wretch in the flames. See how his tongue hangs from between his blistered lips! How it excoriates and burns the roof of his mouth, as if it were a firebrand! Behold him crying for a drop of water. I will not picture the scene, ...When the damned jingle the burning irons of their torments, they shall say `Forever.'"

"The bodies of the damned will be salted with fire, so tempered and prepared to burn the more fiercely, and yet never consume."

"Think now, O sinner, what shall be thy reward when thou shalt meet thy Judge?...The drunkard shall have plenty of his cups, when scalding lead shall be poured down his throat, and his breath draw flames of fire instead of air...The wicked shall be crowded together like bricks in a fiery furnace....What wailing, weeping, roaring, yelling, filling both heaven, earth, and hell!"

"The smoke of their torment shall ascend in the sight of the blessed forever and serve as a most clear glass always before their eyes to give them a constant, bright and most affecting view....This display of the divine character and glory will be in favor of the redeemed, and most entertaining, and give the highest pleasure to those who love God, and raise their happiness to ineffable heights....Should this eternal punishment and this fire be extinguished, it would in a great measure obscure the light of heaven, and put an end to a great part of the happiness and glory of the blessed."

Remember, dear reader, that these quotations are only the wild, misguided blasphemous ravings of men lost in the mazes of their own speculations. I am sure it will be a relief to turn to the blessed truth of the sacred Scriptures, and sit at the feet of the One Who spoke as never man spoke, and learn the truth of the subject.

Having learned the original meaning of the word hell, let us note that the word has been used to translate four different words in the Scriptures--one Hebrew and three Greek--sheol, hades, Gehenna, and Tartarus. We will now give study to each.

http://www.gtft.org/Library/loudy/GodsEonianPurpose/GodsEonianPurpose00.htm