Author Topic: Doctrines of Demons  (Read 2757 times)

Offline Raggedy Anne

Doctrines of Demons
« on: April 24, 2009, 08:03:58 AM »
I can remember some 20 years ago listening to sermons on television by men like Jimmy Swaggart (for example)
who once preached a sermon called 'Seven-Year-Old Boys In Hell'.  It was in the same spirit as that horrible
Jonathan Edwards' sermon "Sinners in the Hands of an Angry God'.  In my lifetime,  this kind of teaching was not uncommon at all.
It was all American style preaching on Sunday television.  Other preachers had similar sermons - I will not name
them all here now - but if anyone wants me to name the multitude of preachers like that, I can do it.
Today's sad headline on CNN caused me to remember those kinds of sermons, and caused me to remember the sick, sick
feeling I used to feel inside while trying to make sense of such teachings.  That was the God I could not love.  It was a false god.

My Bullied Son's Last Day on Earth
http://www.cnn.com/2009/US/04/23/bullying.suicide/index.html?iref=mpstoryview
Ours is not to make up anybody's mind, but to open hearts.
You cannot plough a field by turning it over in your mind.

martincisneros

Re: Doctrines of Demons
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2009, 09:23:35 AM »
Thank You, Father in Jesus' Name for having touched, healed, and delivered Bro Jimmy Swaggart since then.  Thank You for your faithfulness to him and to all men and for using him mightily by Your Spirit to life up the Cross and point to it as the only way by which man can and will be saved.  I thank You that grace is abounding to that dear man of God, and that nothing shall ever separate him from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord.  Open the eyes of his understanding and show him everything you've shown me, in Jesus' Name.  Amen!

Offline Raggedy Anne

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2009, 10:27:33 AM »
Martin,

You are clearly ignoring the point I was making.   I did not post this to condemn Jimmy Swaggart, but to demonstrate that this type of teaching is alive and well in America.  And as far as I can tell, Jimmy Swaggart ministries still teaches eternal damnation for the lost. 

What we believe:
http://www.jsm.org/explore.cfm/whatwebelieve/

The reason I posted the story is to let others know who are struggling with such tormenting questions in a world where murder and suicide has become commonplace.  My calling is to deliver people from the spirit of fear, not to pat the big time ministers of false doctrines on the back.  Nor do I condemn them to hell, of course - but point out the error of their doctrine that is toxic.  As you may recall, Jimmy Swaggart's fall from grace came at a time when he was at the height of screaming about people going to hell.   It was then that God allowed him to be exposed as a child molester and hypocrite.

Offline Molly

• Gold
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2009, 10:49:29 AM »
I'm not sure what Jimmy Swaggart has to do with the bullying of a fifth grader.   Bullying is a huge problem in our school system and, as is illustrated by this article, is no where near adequately addressed by teachers.  You would think a teacher making 100K a year could solve that problem on his own.  One of the things he is being paid to do is assure a safe environment for the children in his care.  I fault the teachers and the school for this incident.  And, why are fifth graders even thinking about something like 'gay'?  They are still babies, and should not be hypersexualized.  We are reaping what we sow.

Offline Redlettervoice

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2009, 11:30:11 AM »

Anne, I guess in "this" life we might say the children are
suffering in "...." their own lives in this world....
 which is what I believe it is anyway.
It is awful, I agree with you.  Yes, it is .......I wait for the
move of God that will fix all this.  I question Him daily
about the children......but we must must come up higher
ourselves and "trust" God to keep them safe.  Our covering
of the Lord will do just that, and nothing else will.  The
Lord made a "covenant' with some people one day, not only
the people who were standing there, but those that were
NOT there, Deut.29.....help us to understand, Father.

martincisneros

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2009, 11:50:08 AM »
You are clearly ignoring the point I was making.
I wasn't ignoring anything.  Nothing slips past my notice.  Just took the opportunity to exercise the mercy I hope is someday exercised towards me.  That's all.  No one needs God's mercy more than me.  There are demensions of screwing up that can effect multiple worlds and the rest of this world's history.  All I can say right now.  As always, Jesus is the Man with the plan that can fix absolutely anything/everything and I thank God for that.

Offline Raggedy Anne

« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2009, 02:11:09 PM »
As I thought I clearly stated in my initial post, reading about the incident of suicide with this boy made me remember that awful sermon I heard preached by Jimmy Swaggart so many years ago about children being possibly "in hell" after death.   I thought since this is a UR discussion board, we could discuss those kinds of things.  I think that is the thrust of Tentmaker ministries last time I talked to Gary.

I certainly would not blame anyone in particular for the boy's suicide, not the school or the teachers or even the ignorant students who bullied him.  I blame sin in general for all of death in this world. 
« Last Edit: April 24, 2009, 02:14:17 PM by Raggedy Anne »

ducktapehero

« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2009, 11:33:50 PM »

That's heartbreaking. Growing up I was fairly tall for my age, I was never bullied but I stood up to plenty of bullies for other kids. I know it's wrong to hate but I LOATHE bullies. 

Offline sparrow

• Bronze
  • I watch, & am as a sparrow alone upon the rooftop.
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2009, 04:14:38 AM »
Thank you for posting that Raggedy Anne.
God bless you Jaheem. You are surrounded by love now and are no longer hurting.
When your loved ones pass over to where you are, especially your mom... your reunion will be out of this world.
I'm so sorry you were so hurt while you were here on earth... I'm so sorry those boys hurt you.
They will one day feel so much remorse and regret over their actions, and maybe you will be the one to lend them a hand up and forgive them. After all... Love does indeed conquer all. All wrongs will be made right.
We will all rejoice over this fact.
All wrongs WILL be made right.
This life is temporary.
The unseen is eternal.
You are in the "unseen" now...

When I pass over, I hope to give you a hug and tell you thank you for touching my life. I only wish it hadn't been because of your death.

Peace little brother...
and much, much love to your grieving family.

"I knelt to drink,
And knew that I was on the brink
Of endless joy. And everywhere
I turned I saw a wonder there."

If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. And if I have prophetic powers, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. If I give away all I have, and if I deliver up my body to be burned, but have not love, I gain nothing.

Offline Raggedy Anne

« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2009, 11:48:17 AM »
Bless your soft heart, Sparrow.  The pain of the family left behind is always the first thing on my mind when I read of these horrible, sad events.  These things are hard to understand and our subjection to death is trying for our souls.

Peace -
Anne

Offline sparrow

• Bronze
  • I watch, & am as a sparrow alone upon the rooftop.
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2009, 06:06:11 PM »
These things are hard to understand and our subjection to death is trying for our souls.

Peace -
Anne

It sure is, Anne.
Separation is the worst thing in this life.
Suicide adds such a horrible layer to the grief.
And just think of all of those people who are being taught that if someone commits suicide, they go to hell.

:sigh: 
"I knelt to drink,
And knew that I was on the brink
Of endless joy. And everywhere
I turned I saw a wonder there."

If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. And if I have prophetic powers, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. If I give away all I have, and if I deliver up my body to be burned, but have not love, I gain nothing.

Offline Raggedy Anne

« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2009, 11:12:29 AM »
Quote from: sparrow
And just think of all of those people who are being taught that if someone commits suicide, they go to hell.

:sigh: 

Yes, there is still no shortage of that going around.  And for that reason, we know the urgency of our calling to set the captives free, to proclaim the gospel of liberty to those who are kept in spiritual prison by principalities in high places speaking lies.   :angelharp: :clock: 

Spiritual (((HUGS)))
Anne

Offline sheila

• Gold
« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2009, 06:37:12 PM »
 grade-schoolers are inudated with sex.

the stories I could tell from my grandchildren that happen on

the bus.Sexual harrassment etc.

Two years ago,I and my daughter went to the gradeschools

Christman program. It was full of sexual inuendoes...Santa baby

number sang in  very sexually enticing manner. 6th grade girls

in minskirts and go-go boots acting like go-go girls.It was

threaded completely throughout the whole program

Evidently there was a new 'art' teacher come,and she

'arranged' the program . I asked her 'what on earth was all

that sexual inuendo doing in those little kids Christmas

program?" She was speechless,she thought I would commend

her.

I spoke with the principal...she had been out with the flu,

and had not seen the program,but luckily it was taped,and

she reveiwed it.

It was shocking...these were 5-12 year olds. They don't stand

a chance.These are little 'babes'

Too many people 'screwing' with their heads,coming

from too many different areas. The county the school is in has

a very high rate of child molesters.

It made me sick and angry :angry1:

watch out,my blood pressure is going up

preistsplace

« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2009, 08:35:59 PM »

That's heartbreaking. Growing up I was fairly tall for my age, I was never bullied but I stood up to plenty of bullies for other kids. I know it's wrong to hate but I LOATHE bullies. 

I  was exceptionally small for my age and bullied at school and in home. At the time I was very angry and could not understand why. As time passed however I began to realize that it had made me a stronger person. It is concievable that if I was given the choice before these events took place I would have chosen to avoid them ,but afterwards even though I suffered at the time I would not have changed because it made me stronger as an individual.The point I want to make is in any circumstance God is working things for the greater good....Peace and God Bless