Author Topic: Where Would I Be - Members' Songs  (Read 3565 times)

Offline ded2daworld

• Silver
  • What if today we were just grateful for everything
Re: Where Would I Be - Members' Songs
« Reply #25 on: November 12, 2012, 04:09:26 PM »
PaulL - I'm not sure if the songs we sing in heaven will have as much me, mine, I stuff in it as the songs we sing today. Maybe more like glory to the Lamb who is and was and is to come, after all, everything is all about Jesus. The good thing is we will all see his glory face to face one day.
"Why do so many people think that the Bible is only inspired at certain points -  and that  THEY are inspired to pick out which points?"

Offline CHB

• Silver
« Reply #26 on: November 12, 2012, 06:05:42 PM »
I would think it would be more about what is to be not what has been because Paul said to think on things that are above not on things that are on earth.

(Phil. 3:113) Brethern, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before.

I know we will be thanking and praising God.

CHB

Offline Paul L

• Est
« Reply #27 on: November 14, 2012, 05:13:37 AM »
I would think it would be more about what is to be not what has been because Paul said to think on things that are above not on things that are on earth.

(Phil. 3:113) Brethern, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before.

I know we will be thanking and praising God.

CHB

Paul is my favorite apostle, my parents gave me his name for just that reason...it was also my dad's name, his parents too gave him that name for the same reason.

I have just spent half the evening hours on my guitar, still wishing my brother in heaven would take a few minutes to drop by & sing with me.....

Offline eaglesway

• < Moderator >
  • Grace & Peace be multiplied unto you, in Jesus
    • Hell is a Myth.com
« Reply #28 on: November 14, 2012, 05:57:00 AM »
I believe the creation is to be enjoyed- that God created it for our enjoyment. I think that the universe and all that is will be forever expanding and explored and celebrated by all for whom God is all in all. I think it is to His glory when we enjoy the sea, and sing about it. Or love a child and sing about it. Or climb a mountain and sing about it. LOL

Of course, praise to our God and the Lamb will always reign chief among all the joys we celebrate.... but I think God is glorified whenever we celebrate, in music or writing or conversation........ whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise.....
The Logos is complete, but it is not completely understood. hellisamyth.webs.com

Offline jabcat

• Admin
  • SINNER SAVED BY GRACE
« Reply #29 on: November 14, 2012, 07:33:56 AM »
Gary A is fired up about what he believes is God's hand in, enjoyment of, and plans to use music to march us into a next age or next phase of things.  He's fascinated by sound waves and what they're capable of.  Mentioned Joshua and the Battle of Jericho.  He believes with the new era of digital musical "perfection" and almost endless variety/possibilities (new sounds "never heard before"), God is opening the doors to an entry that we are only right now imagining.  Praise and worship, for sure!
« Last Edit: November 14, 2012, 07:51:12 AM by jabcat »
Neither should there be vulgar speech, foolish talk, or coarse jesting--all of which are out of character--but rather thanksgiving.  Eph. 5:4  **  Saved 1John 3.2, Eph. 2:8, John 1:12 - Being saved 2Cor. 4:16 2Peter 3:18 - Will be saved 1Peter 1:5 Romans 8:23

Offline CHB

• Silver
« Reply #30 on: November 14, 2012, 03:11:04 PM »
I didn't mean to sound like we shouldn't sing about everything in the universe, I am all for that. :dsunny: Someone was asking what the ultimate song would be after we are spirit beings. I was referring to then when I said "I think we would sing about spiritual things".  I believe I wouldn't want to think about the heartaches, and problems that we leave behind here.

I love music, it is soothing to the soul. I always got my guitar and strummed on it when I felt down or overwhelmed and it always perked me back up.

CHB

Offline Paul L

• Est
« Reply #31 on: November 14, 2012, 03:48:28 PM »
I didn't mean to sound like we shouldn't sing about everything in the universe, I am all for that. :dsunny: Someone was asking what the ultimate song would be after we are spirit beings. I was referring to then when I said "I think we would sing about spiritual things".  I believe I wouldn't want to think about the heartaches, and problems that we leave behind here.

I love music, it is soothing to the soul. I always got my guitar and strummed on it when I felt down or overwhelmed and it always perked me back up.

CHB

HI CHB,

That was me you're making reference to. I'm like you in some ways I guess. There are times during the course of a day that if I couldn't have some "alone time" with my guitar on my lap imploring my brother in heaven to come sit with me for a duet, that I think I would go off a spiritual cliff. I sometimes imagine "this old Hummingbird guitar" is the next  thing to having a best friend. It has taught me to sing love songs to my real father, taught me how to laugh, how to cry..... .

When I finger that fretboard, I find it almost unbelievable that my fingers can form the most complicated chords imaginable & strike a chord with absolute clarity almost every time without even  having to look at the fretboard, it's as if God designed us for the purpose of making music just so we can have this form of fellowship with him, I know I would feel so lost & alone if I couldn't. 

Offline ded2daworld

• Silver
« Reply #32 on: November 14, 2012, 04:06:44 PM »
I've heard it said that only 2 things have been on earth from the beginning and only 2 things will still be here as long as there are people: religion and music - and both are totally involved with love.
"Why do so many people think that the Bible is only inspired at certain points -  and that  THEY are inspired to pick out which points?"

Offline Paul L

• Est
« Reply #33 on: November 14, 2012, 04:22:02 PM »
I've heard it said that only 2 things have been on earth from the beginning and only 2 things will still be here as long as there are people: religion and music - and both are totally involved with love.

With my guitar in my lap, I often feel dead2daworld..........Paul L

Offline ded2daworld

• Silver
« Reply #34 on: November 14, 2012, 04:28:16 PM »
Dead2 da world but alive to Christ - would that we all felt that way 100% of the time like we one day will :dsunny:

Offline CHB

• Silver
« Reply #35 on: November 14, 2012, 05:11:07 PM »
Quote from: Paul L
When I finger that fretboard, I find it almost unbelievable that my fingers can form the most complicated chords imaginable & strike a chord with absolute clarity almost every time without even  having to look at the fretboard, it's as if God designed us for the purpose of making music just so we can have this form of fellowship with him, I know I would feel so lost & alone if I couldn't.

I wish I was that good...I want to be that good...but I feel I am lacking a lot in this area.

CHB

Offline Paul L

• Est
« Reply #36 on: November 14, 2012, 05:22:16 PM »

This old guitar taught me to sing a love song,
It showed me how to laugh and how to cry
It introduced me to some friends of mine & brightened up some days,
And it helped me make it through some lonely nights
Oh, what a friend to have on a cold and lonely night.

This old guitar gave me my life, my living
All the things you know I love to do,
To serenade the stars that shine from a sunny mountainside
And most of all to sing my songs for you,
I love to sing my songs for you.

My Gibson Hummingbird is engraved with a birthdate, 1962.

« Last Edit: November 14, 2012, 06:34:41 PM by Paul L »

Offline jabcat

• Admin
  • SINNER SAVED BY GRACE
« Reply #37 on: March 30, 2013, 07:57:59 AM »
This song was written by our member CHB.  It touches me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ltMsx482G4
Neither should there be vulgar speech, foolish talk, or coarse jesting--all of which are out of character--but rather thanksgiving.  Eph. 5:4  **  Saved 1John 3.2, Eph. 2:8, John 1:12 - Being saved 2Cor. 4:16 2Peter 3:18 - Will be saved 1Peter 1:5 Romans 8:23

anna274

« Reply #38 on: August 04, 2013, 08:41:17 PM »

It's All In His Hands

God created the future, and he knows the past.
He's the beginning and the end, the first and the last.
When God created Adam, He had a plan.
A world full of His children, and we are all in His hands.

Chorus
It's all in His hands, today and tomorrow.
He takes care of the lilies and He feeds the sparrows.
The thoughts of the heart, He understands.
Yes, He knows the future, for it's all in His hands.

The earth is the Lord's and the fullness thereof.
And they that dwell therein, know of His mercy and love.
The Lord looked down from heaven, to behold the sons of man.
The works of His creation, they are all in His hands.

Chorus

All the earth will worship Him with honor and praise.
Knees will bow tongues will confess, at His amazing grace.
It's only by His Holy Spirit, that we can understand.
Every creature was created for Him, they are all in His hands.

Chorus
He takes care of the lilies, and He feeds the sparrows.

CHB

Oh CHB, thank you, thank you, thank you and thank you for sharing the lyrics-- this is a song that I can use in my sharing of the good news with my family, friends, foes...

CHB:  I've been reminded of this song of yours several times during the past few days and this morning decided that I would find it and bring it back for all to be encouraged by its faithbuilding simplicity and Scriptural soundness.

Offline JulieTang84

• Loving to Live, Living to Love
« Reply #39 on: August 04, 2013, 09:44:41 PM »
Oh my goodness :HeartThrob:  What a lovely song. James you have a wonderful voice!!!!  Thanks so much for posting the link for it.

Love Julie
Don't Forget LOVE.

anna274

« Reply #40 on: August 04, 2013, 10:02:24 PM »
Oh my goodness :HeartThrob:  What a lovely song. James you have a wonderful voice!!!!  Thanks so much for posting the link for it.

Love Julie

Oh yes, Julie, I agree... when I listen to James' songs (words, singing, music) I think of 1 Thess 5:23 And the very God of peace sanctify you, wholly....   spirit, soul, body... 

with Mary (Luke 1:46-47)  I say "my soul doth magnify the Lord, and my spirit rejoices in God my Savior..."  and James' voice and music are so very pleasant to my physical ears....

Offline jabcat

• Admin
  • SINNER SAVED BY GRACE
« Reply #41 on: August 05, 2013, 05:59:38 AM »
humbled/embarrassed - but thanks to you both.  God gives us each what He wants to be used for His glory.  Blessings!

joyfilledforgivensinner

« Reply #42 on: May 04, 2014, 07:23:10 PM »

Here are the lyrics to one song I wrote. I more or less took some verses from the Bible and put them together.

It's All In His Hands

God created the future, and he knows the past.
He's the beginning and the end, the first and the last.
When God created Adam, He had a plan.
A world full of His children, and we are all in His hands.

Chorus

The earth is the Lord's and the fullness thereof.
And they that dwell therein, know of His mercy and love.
The Lord looked down from heaven, to behold the sons of man.
The works of His creation, they are all in His hands.

Chorus

All the earth will worship Him with honor and praise.
Knees will bow tongues will confess, at His amazing grace.
It's only by His Holy Spirit, that we can understand.
Every creature was created for Him, they are all in His hands.

Chorus
He takes care of the lilies, and He feeds the sparrows.

CHB

Thanks CHB for sharing a short song filled with great Scriptural truths:  a song that's great for meditation, prayer, praise, thanksgiving...and faith-building!!!

Offline eaglesway

• < Moderator >
  • Grace & Peace be multiplied unto you, in Jesus
    • Hell is a Myth.com
« Reply #43 on: May 06, 2014, 09:36:49 PM »
Defintely a beautiful, compassionate, faith building song  :dsunny:
The Logos is complete, but it is not completely understood. hellisamyth.webs.com

Offline Cardinal

• < Moderator >
« Reply #44 on: May 07, 2014, 08:29:30 AM »
This song was written by our member CHB.  It touches me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ltMsx482G4

:cloud9: Just listened to this....wow....who know Tent had such talent? Beautiful.... thank you Lord.....:thumbsup: :banana:
"I would rather train twenty men to pray, than a thousand to preach; A minister's highest mission ought to be to teach his people to pray." -H. MacGregor