Author Topic: What Sex? Interesting Biology  (Read 3252 times)

Offline jabcat

• Admin
  • SINNER SAVED BY GRACE
What Sex? Interesting Biology
« on: May 22, 2009, 03:22:32 AM »
A female coworker sent me this.  Don't be offended...it's silly fun, and if you'll notice, BOTH parties in the picture are actually "doin' their thing"...(hint...one of 'em appears to not be listening/paying attention   :coffee2:).  I thought it was cute and funny.  If you don't think so.......LIGHTEN UP!     :mpardon:

http://www.woyano.com/view/3703/How-to-Tell-the-Sex-of-a-Bird
« Last Edit: May 22, 2009, 06:23:41 AM by jabcat »

aspiring son

Re: What Sex? Interesting Biology
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2009, 03:43:20 AM »
 :laughing7:

Offline Pierac

• Bronze
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2009, 06:03:20 AM »
Jabcat,

Your getting into dangerous territory! Maybe I should just delete this thread?

Not for us but for you!  :laughing7:

Offline jabcat

• Admin
  • SINNER SAVED BY GRACE
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2009, 06:17:31 AM »
I know...that's why I made sure and pointed out the "guy" wasn't listening/paying attention...hopefully everyone will just see it as silly fun.  If not, be sure and come back and protect me.    :thewife:    :flowerred:

martincisneros

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2009, 08:40:18 PM »
That's why a guy's got to make sure he only proposes to the one he knows he's hearing from God on, and that he wouldn't mind listening to for the rest of his life.  I don't know if the owner of the webpage rotates the images or what, but I seem to remember the guy being less annoyed the first time that I saw this last night.  But there's never a reason for a guy to be annoyed at his wife.  And yes, I've been married before, and might perhaps have the only historical exception to that rule.  However, I wasn't really annoyed, but childish and selfish in a way where God used that situation to purge that from me.  Hopefully totally.  But I do believe that God will bring into a guy's life the woman of his dreams, even if she can't possibly see how she could ever be that, but God knows what makes each of us tick, and where He's taking each of us, development and calling-wise, and what we honestly couldn't possibly live without.  When it's God, God never brings to a man his nightmares.  That's not to say that it can't start a little :whistleshake: but God honestly knows what He's doing, and would only put that in the life of a guy with a sick sense of humor to start with :icon_jokercolor: Right now, I'm just sooo incredibly in love with someone, that I honestly hope it's not much longer before I'm actually holding her and kissing her.  I still don't think I can live without her, so keep me in your prayers on that.

Offline jabcat

• Admin
  • SINNER SAVED BY GRACE
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2009, 04:16:39 AM »
i got scared and trashed this martin...if you think no one will have a cow, feel free to restore it

martincisneros

« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2009, 05:47:54 AM »
Mixed feelings 'cause it is a publicly viewable board, but my post might have saved the thread with causing more of an "awww" than a feminist uprising. LOL!  But I'll decide by about the same time tomorrow night on this one, if I still feel okay with the thread or just leave it here.  Everybody already knows that in a discussion board setting that the views expressed do not necessarily reflect the views of the website owner or owners, or one would hope that's fairly clear 'cause it's a place for public gathering and public input within the spectrum of allowed topics. 

And a humor board's going to open the door to a bit of "uh-oh" unless we're going to be so iron fisted around here about a humor board.  With the obvious exception of obvious crudity, it's been my experience that that's the least moderated board, and will likely continue to be so.  Might bring in some new members just wanting to comment on this particular thread. LOL!  And with some of the really excessive demensions of sovereignty that some UR folks have given, I can hear the nonsense now:

"You know, when God gave my wife tongue cancer, that was the quietest 6 months of my life!  I was sooo thankful!!"

Or something like that, that you'd just want to shackle someone to the wall and break all of the China in the house over their head over a quip like that. LOL!  A wife is someone precious in a guy's life and should never be mocked.  Amazing to me when some guys will say that they can't trust any of their wife's decisions!  They ought to know, since they chose to marry them!!  In a situation like that, that hubby was her first big mistake obviously!  I mean, he sure thought she was perfect back in the day, didn't he?  Amazing how many guys that first meet a girl that they particularly fancy: they're hoping, praying, and about to the point of begging sometimes that that girl would have time for talking to them.  Well, she believed him that she was that special in his eyes.  And now what does she get these many years later with him just ignoring what she has to say?  Just grieves the Holy Spirit when a woman is stuck in that position years later. 

If He'd only been allowed to arrange the marriage, it might have still had this or that to steer through and around and to work together intensely on resolving peacefully and in the best interests of the plan of God and of the relationship, but when He wanted the relationship between them, He's a whole lot quicker with riding His Revelation 19 white horse into the situation to save the day -- if they'll simply stay on the Written Word, keep every care cast upon Him, refuse to be offended, and allow a doubt or two about their own infallibility -- instead of insisting all of the time that it's the other person that's needing to doubt their infallibility rather than themselves.  So, I guess if there's a male version, and particularly a Christian male version of a feminist then I are one.

Sometimes on a ministry set of boards it won't necessarily be about "appropriate vs. inappropriate" just as that isn't always the case with any other area of life, whether a type of medicinal treatment, cleansing of the body, relationships, or whatever.  But it'll be a matter of timing, for when something is particularly striking and says something to someone.  And obviously only the Holy Spirit can cause it to really make that kind of entrance when a person or two needed to see that, and sometimes it might only be for a person or two even if a thousand others are offended at it being uncouth or whatever.  The Holy Spirit is quite the stately gentleman, but He's also the One that'll be yelling at Yankee Stadium in front of everybody that He loves someone, like in the closing chapters of the movie "Anger Management". 

And how would every knee not bow and every tongue not confess when He's got destined appointments with each individual where He'll do just that kind of thing, as predetermined by His Written Word that's already gone forth, both in Written form and what He said when He said it in releasing it, since sound, and particularly His Sound, never goes away?

Yeah, I'll restore it to the boards 'cause it's an example of HOW NOT TO TREAT a woman, because it betrays the animalistic nature of that kind of treatment of a woman who's got every right to be heard all of the days of her life, barring the rarest exceptions of infirmity or blatant rebellion to God.

Online WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2009, 08:39:44 AM »
Mixed feelings 'cause it is a publicly viewable board, but my post might have saved the thread with causing more of an "awww" than a feminist uprising. LOL! 

I think feminists are cute  :pointlaugh:

Might bring in some new members just wanting to comment on this particular thread. LOL!
In that case I can possibly help. Or perhaps only the lawyer of the feminist movement will join  :laughing7:
« Last Edit: May 23, 2009, 08:44:44 AM by WhiteWings »
1 Timothy 2:3-4  ...God our Savior;  Who will have all men to be saved...
John 12:47  And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.
Romans 4:5 But to the one who does not work, but believes in the one who declares the ungodly righteous ...

Offline jabcat

• Admin
  • SINNER SAVED BY GRACE
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2009, 08:47:08 AM »
That would probably be as priceless as the ACLU  :OhNo:

Offline Cardinal

• < Moderator >
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2009, 09:03:22 AM »
 :cloud9: Well, I'm a female and I thought it was cute..... :laughing7:....but of course you DO realize the female is the silent one, right?

She's just silently doing the smile and nod waiting for him to get done, so she can do what she was going to do anyway. By that time, of course, he'll be fully persuaded it was HIS idea all along.  :winkgrin: :icon_jokercolor:  :mrflo:
"I would rather train twenty men to pray, than a thousand to preach; A minister's highest mission ought to be to teach his people to pray." -H. MacGregor

Online WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2009, 09:20:30 AM »
Hi guys the "make her believe it was her idea" still works.

Since Eden only guided freedom Cardinal
Now use that freedom to decide if you first bring my slippers or my beer. :winkgrin:

He! Don't forget my No'maam magazine!
  :winkgrin:

John 12:47  And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.
Romans 4:5 But to the one who does not work, but believes in the one who declares the ungodly righteous ...

Offline jabcat

• Admin
  • SINNER SAVED BY GRACE
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2009, 10:45:39 AM »
:cloud9: Well, I'm a female and I thought it was cute..... :laughing7:....but of course you DO realize the female is the silent one, right?

She's just silently doing the smile and nod waiting for him to get done, so she can do what she was going to do anyway. By that time, of course, he'll be fully persuaded it was HIS idea all along.  :winkgrin: :icon_jokercolor:  :mrflo:

Serious LOL!  Way to flip it, Card..good show! 

I knew a minister of music who told me "I let my wife have her say, then I do what I want"  :king:

martincisneros

« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2009, 01:30:07 PM »
I knew a minister of music who told me "I let my wife have her say, then I do what I want"  :king:
That's seldom wise if the wife was wisely chosen by God Himself.  A wife does have a prophetic role in the home that shouldn't be ignored, if her :HeartThrob: is right with God in Christ.  However, because of the weakness of the flesh, I do know many anointed men of God that have had to overrule the wishes of their wives because the wives were being stopped short of the door of faith with the wideness of fear that was blowing things out of proportion. 

Kenneth E. Hagin comes to mind with having wanted to return to a city decades ago to pastor, and his wife Oretha, though a Spirit-filled woman and someone starting to know a little bit about faith and prayer by then, wanted absolutely nothing to do with it because folks in that town were stingy and had treated them pretty poorly the last time they were there. 

I don't remember the whole story right now of how her heart got right, but I believe it was rooted in her having a lot of humility and trusted God first and then her husband and his spiritual life, anointing, calling, and development in the Word enough to where she got her mind straightened out and stopped giving him a hard time about it.  And of course, because it was where God wanted them to be, the blessings were their's 'cause they'd fought so hard against the tendencies of the flesh to want to do something else or to divide the home over it.

martincisneros

« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2009, 02:32:33 PM »
Realistically, though, it often goes either way, where God has to open someone's mouth, clean it of foot, and insert anointing to get things going in the direction they were always meant to go.  So, really, it is a bit of an unfair thing to say that either male or female will run off at the mouth more than the other.  Although guys have had to be delivered of that curse for thousands of years of blaming God [and the woman] in saying "it's because of that woman You gave me!" :winkgrin:

Thank God, we're all delivered of that curse in Christ!! :Sparkletooth:

Offline Cardinal

• < Moderator >
« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2009, 03:44:34 PM »
Hi guys the "make her believe it was her idea" still works.

Since Eden only guided freedom Cardinal
Now use that freedom to decide if you first bring my slippers or my beer. :winkgrin:

He! Don't forget my No'maam magazine!
  :winkgrin:

:cloud9: Not a problem WW...... :angel4:........However, as an Amazonian (smile); if it were me, I would, of course.......derive particularly festive enjoyment from watching you blow the foam off those slippers.   :laughing7:
Heels, er.....bottoms up!    :beerburp: 
« Last Edit: May 23, 2009, 03:53:51 PM by Cardinal »
"I would rather train twenty men to pray, than a thousand to preach; A minister's highest mission ought to be to teach his people to pray." -H. MacGregor

Offline jabcat

• Admin
  • SINNER SAVED BY GRACE
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2009, 07:44:50 PM »
That's seldom wise if the wife was wisely chosen by God Himself.  

Yeah, you notice the little king's crown is crooked...Shoot, I don't know what the outer limits would be of my making more mistakes in life than I already have, if not for my wife's settling voice of reason (and many times, caution)...while at the time at times resenting it, with age, realizing she often really knew what was best.   :flowerred:
« Last Edit: May 23, 2009, 07:48:17 PM by jabcat »

martincisneros

« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2009, 10:45:01 PM »
:cloud9: Not a problem WW...... :angel4:........However, as an Amazonian (smile); if it were me, I would, of course.......derive particularly festive enjoyment from watching you blow the foam off those slippers.   :laughing7:
\(^_^)/  You guys/gals crack me up now!

Online WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2009, 11:02:21 PM »

Wow! Slipper served cold beer!  :HeartThrob:
Gives that extra cheesy taste. :drunken_smilie:

martincisneros

« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2009, 11:17:19 PM »

What amazing Treats, eh?

Offline Cardinal

• < Moderator >
« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2009, 03:02:40 AM »

Wow! Slipper served cold beer!  :HeartThrob:
Gives that extra cheesy taste. :drunken_smilie:

:cloud9: roflol........

Offline Cardinal

• < Moderator >
« Reply #20 on: May 24, 2009, 03:05:00 AM »

What amazing Treats, eh?

:cloud9: Ok, I just gotta ask.......are cheese curds, what we call "cottage cheese"?

Offline sparrow

• Bronze
  • I watch, & am as a sparrow alone upon the rooftop.
« Reply #21 on: May 24, 2009, 03:21:36 AM »
ha! That was funny, jabcat..  :laughing7:

not offensive at all, bro! I'm with Cardinal.. :thumbsup:

The male is on the right, trying in earnest to impress the little female bird on the left by reciting every stale pick-up line he can possibly think of.

The female, based on her stance and oblivious look on her face, is obviously thinking: "perhaps if I pretend I don't hear this fool, he'll fly away..."

:Sparkletooth:

ya'll what the heck is a cheese curd??
That sounds kinda scary.
Curd.

Curd.

Curd.

curd....

that's just an all-around awful sounding word.. :laughing7:
"I knelt to drink,
And knew that I was on the brink
Of endless joy. And everywhere
I turned I saw a wonder there."

If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. And if I have prophetic powers, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. If I give away all I have, and if I deliver up my body to be burned, but have not love, I gain nothing.

martincisneros

« Reply #22 on: May 24, 2009, 04:12:49 AM »
:cloud9: Ok, I just gotta ask.......are cheese curds, what we call "cottage cheese"?
Yes, I believe that that's what it is.  And it was a passing reference to what happened for you at McDonald's.  Sorta one of those things like is asked in the Gospels "Can anything good come out of Nazareth?"  The Scripture on the billboard, and then the menu was too reminiscent of what you'd experienced!

martincisneros

« Reply #23 on: May 24, 2009, 04:25:37 AM »
The male is on the right, trying in earnest to impress the little female bird on the left by reciting every stale pick-up line he can possibly think of.

The female, based on her stance and oblivious look on her face, is obviously thinking: "perhaps if I pretend I don't hear this fool, he'll fly away..."
Yes, well, thankfully some of us males don't know anything about that. :Sparkletooth: But I have heard that it does happen sometimes, or perhaps quite frequently....depending on the species involved! :Sparkletooth:
ya'll what the heck is a cheese curd??
That sounds kinda scary.
They are!  It was the actual cry in the 1700s rather than "the British are coming!!" that a year or two later anti-British propoganda started getting circulated as what had happened!
Curd.

Curd.

Curd.

curd....

that's just an all-around awful sounding word.. :laughing7:
Does wonders for the arteries though. :icon_jokercolor:  I could get fairly graphic on that word, but supposedly it's the healthiest way to eat a diary [sic.] product, according to Jordan Rubin and a number of other nutritionists.  I'm liking some of the extensive scholarship that I'm seeing that indicates Jesus would have been a vegan and a part of the Essene community as a "Nazarene."  I've never had much interest thus far in looking at the passage that I think is in Isaiah that indicated He'd eat curds and honey.  Could simply be a spiritual reference alluding back to the promised land: a land flowing with milk and honey -- not with the idea that you'd find rotting milk on every branch and acres and acres of bees, but as a metaphor for abundance.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2009, 04:27:41 AM by martincisneros »

Offline Cardinal

• < Moderator >
« Reply #24 on: May 24, 2009, 05:42:07 AM »
Yes, I believe that that's what it is.  And it was a passing reference to what happened for you at McDonald's.  Sorta one of those things like is asked in the Gospels "Can anything good come out of Nazareth?"  The Scripture on the billboard, and then the menu was too reminiscent of what you'd experienced!

:cloud9: roflol.....ok, now I got it. I had to go back and look at the billboard again. :mblush: Not firing on all cylinders here tonight.......