Author Topic: True Believers  (Read 623 times)

Offline micah7:9

• Gold
  • Mic 7:8 Thou dost not rejoice over me, O mine ene
True Believers
« on: September 11, 2011, 10:17:17 AM »
True Believers

The two thousand member Baptist church was filled to overflowing capacity one Sunday morning. The preacher was ready to start the sermon when two men, dressed in long black coats and black hats entered thru the rear of the church.

One of the two men walked to the middle of the church while the other stayed at the back of the church. They both then reached under their coats and withdrew automatic weapons.

The one in the middle announced, "Everyone willing to take a bullet for Jesus stay in your seats!"

Naturally, the pews emptied, followed by the choir. The deacons ran out the door, followed by the choir director and the assistant pastor.

After a few moments, there were about twenty people left sitting in the church. The preacher was holding steady in the pulpit.

The men put their weapons away and said, gently, to the preacher, "All right, pastor, the hypocrites are gone now. You may begin the service."
Mic 7:8  Thou dost not rejoice over me, O mine enemy, When I have fallen, I have risen, When I sit in darkness Jehovah is a light to me.

Offline sheila

• Gold
Re: True Believers
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2011, 09:16:29 PM »
 Hi Micah,

what did they do wrong? Jesus said 'If they persecute you in one place,flee to another!"  LOL!  couldn't resist.  But I really do get your point

a church I used to be associated with,told of persecution that arose in Hitler's time...and all the strong church leaders 'compromised' and

it was widows and children that didn't.

Offline Lindy

• Full
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2011, 12:33:27 AM »
Hi Micah,

what did they do wrong? Jesus said 'If they persecute you in one place,flee to another!"  LOL!  couldn't resist.  But I really do get your point

a church I used to be associated with,told of persecution that arose in Hitler's time...and all the strong church leaders 'compromised' and

it was widows and children that didn't.

Somehow, for reasons I cannot at the moment put into words...that comforts me.   :HeartThrob:

PaoloNuevo

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2011, 06:32:04 AM »
I wouldn't take a bullet for Jesus...

I won't give my life or that of loved ones for Jesus and I would renounce Him under duress...

That is why in my hypocrisy, He is my Advocate...

---

But some very aggressive church goers there.  :grin: