Author Topic: SIGNS IN THE HEAVENS  (Read 1478 times)

Offline sheila

• Gold
SIGNS IN THE HEAVENS
« on: September 12, 2011, 01:02:26 AM »
    Signs in the Heavens

He does Not desire His followers to be fearful of signs in the Heavens as the nations are.

That said,'Three comets and four asteroids incoming"   Many conspiracy doomsday proclamations....far-out stuff..alien controlled elenin....massive

CME'S...earthquakes,volcanoes. What's going on?

Thought I would open this topic up for any who want to discuss these things. Wasn't for sure where to put it.

Offline jabcat

• Admin
  • SINNER SAVED BY GRACE
Re: SIGNS IN THE HEAVENS
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2011, 01:06:36 AM »
Growing up I was terrified;  "moon turning to blood".
Looking unto Jesus, the Author and Finisher of our faith.  Heb. 12:2

Offline sheila

• Gold
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2011, 01:29:00 AM »

I remeber first time I heard about it. At a MYF outing....red full moon.....

Matthew 24;29  Immediately after the distress of those days...'the sun will be darkened,and the moon will not give it's light;

the stars will fall from the sky,and the heavenly 'bodies' will be shaken.   At that 'time' the sign of the SON OF MAN WILL APPEAR

IN THE SKY AND ALL THE NATIONS OF THE EARTH SHALL MOURN. THEY WILL SEE THE SON OF MAN COMING ON THE CLOUDS OF

THE SKY,WITH POWER AND GREAT GLORY,AND HE WILL SEND HIS ANGELS WITH A LOUD TRUMPET CALL AND THEY WILL GATHER

HIS ELECT FROM THE FOUR WINDS,FROM ONE END OF THE HEAVENS TO ANOTHER

Offline Molly

• Gold
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2011, 06:14:08 AM »

I remeber first time I heard about it. At a MYF outing....red full moon.....

Matthew 24;29  Immediately after the distress of those days...'the sun will be darkened,and the moon will not give it's light;

the stars will fall from the sky,and the heavenly 'bodies' will be shaken.   At that 'time' the sign of the SON OF MAN WILL APPEAR

IN THE SKY AND ALL THE NATIONS OF THE EARTH SHALL MOURN. THEY WILL SEE THE SON OF MAN COMING ON THE CLOUDS OF

THE SKY,WITH POWER AND GREAT GLORY,AND HE WILL SEND HIS ANGELS WITH A LOUD TRUMPET CALL AND THEY WILL GATHER

HIS ELECT FROM THE FOUR WINDS,FROM ONE END OF THE HEAVENS TO ANOTHER
I've been trying to ignore this elenin stuff but it's pretty hard to ignore.

"heavenly bodies shaken"---the earth was knocked off her axis a small amount by the chili earthquake and the day shortened by a few seconds.  Same thing could happen with Elenin.

"moon turning to blood"
"sun darkened"
"moon not giving its light"--at some point this month we are supposed to be aligned with elenin and the sun--with elenin between us and the sun.  Eclipse of the moon will happen.  Sun might be darkened?

"the sign of the son of man will appear in the sky"---elenin might appear as a second sun in the sky--the Sun of righteousness?
"the stars will fall from the sky"--we will go through elenin's meteor tail

"the son of man will come with clouds"--elenin seems to be accompanied by other bodies
'they will gather his elect"--we are close to the feast of trumpets, sept 28-29

Offline sheila

• Gold
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2011, 06:29:56 PM »

I was told a year ago that I was going home.    There is a lot of 'out there' stuff...and you have to wade through a lot of muck for info, but

I feel something 'significant' is occurring.....  IT IS TIME   keeps 'ringing' in my SPIRIT.

YU55's projected approach  resulted in disagreement between Russian space people and Nasa    He has a place prepared for us.

I read on a site about elenin would be an extra star in the crown of Virgo....and it's trajectory would give a wittness to God's salvation

as it passed through the constellations. Also, heard Elenin disintegrating.....she is on other side of sun and will have to see if she is still

intact when she comes into satelite visibility.

did you see pictures of the one that passed by and looked like cloven tongue of fire?...It is due to pass again next few months.

Offline Molly

• Gold
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2011, 07:56:06 PM »
No, I don't know too much about any of it because there doesn't seem to be any official word, just internet musings.

But I do think his coming will be heralded by signs in the sky, as it was the first time, and all the world will see them.

Too bad we couldn't get ww interested in this subject.

God will let us know beforehand --Look up!

And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draws near.

--Luke 21: 28

Offline jabcat

• Admin
  • SINNER SAVED BY GRACE
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2011, 12:56:40 AM »
It looks like it's breaking up, but I don't know exactly what that might mean or still look like.

It would be interesting to see some takes on this from at least a partial preterist POV [varying amount of many things already fulfilled].  I  personally think FULL Preterism ["all" things already fulfilled] can get a little "out there"  :2c:  In fact, if not careful it looks like some might hurt themselves from the contortions  :laugh2:).    However, there are some interesting articles though about Jesus' words, "signs of the 'end' ", which generation, etc., and how some link SOME of that to 70 AD. 

Saying it's interesting, not arguing one way or the other.  :)  I like to look at different sides of things.

Also, if I'm reading your OP correctly sheila, I believe you're saying these are good things, signs of good things coming.  I agree.  However, "all the nations will mourn, peoples' heart failing them for fear, etc. " are to say the least, an interesting statement.

Peace.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2011, 01:38:58 AM by jabcat »

Offline jabcat

• Admin
  • SINNER SAVED BY GRACE
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2011, 01:06:47 AM »
It's also interesting that in some places it talks about "signs", then other place(s) "as a thief in the night".

2 (or more) different events, or all describing the same thing?

Offline jabcat

• Admin
  • SINNER SAVED BY GRACE
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2011, 01:16:41 AM »
Then there's the metaphorical/spiritual take, that many of these signs and events have to do with what will be occurring within each of us - that it's not all literal events to be seen with the eye - either past or future. 

Whew!  :sweat:
« Last Edit: September 13, 2011, 01:22:18 AM by jabcat »

Offline Molly

• Gold
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2011, 01:25:42 AM »
Rev 12
1And there appeared a great wonder in heaven; a woman clothed with the sun, and the moon under her feet, and upon her head a crown of twelve stars:

2And she being with child cried, travailing in birth, and pained to be delivered.

3And there appeared another wonder in heaven; and behold a great red dragon, having seven heads and ten horns, and seven crowns upon his heads.

4And his tail drew the third part of the stars of heaven, and did cast them to the earth: and the dragon stood before the woman which was ready to be delivered, for to devour her child as soon as it was born.

5And she brought forth a man child, who was to rule all nations with a rod of iron: and her child was caught up unto God, and to his throne.

"caught up to God" is the rapture verb--harpazo

There are some who are saying this sign will happen at the end of Sept this year.  In the constellation Virgo, clothed with the [rising] sun, Venus ready to be born, the moon at her feet.  There are youtubes on this which illustrate it.

Of course this cannot be seen with the naked eye the way it can be seen with an illustration of the heavens.

There are others that say this arrangement also occurred at the birth of Jesus 2000 years ago, which would make sense.

The dragon ready to snatch the child when it is born would be one of these bodies--elenin, nibiru, asteroid x, whatever.

We know that there will be a literal sign in the heavens because there was when Christ was born, and God tells us in Gen 1 that he uses the heavens to give us signs of his appointed times.  Remember the ones who did not miss the Christchild's birth were Daniel's magicians who had carried the knowledge of the sign of the birth of the king of the Jews for 400 years.

Jab don't use words like preterism. Some of us don't know what they mean and refuse to learn.
 :laughing7:

Offline jabcat

• Admin
  • SINNER SAVED BY GRACE
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2011, 01:38:33 AM »
 :thumbsup:

you know what it is, but I modified my post.   :wink:

Offline sheila

• Gold
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2011, 03:29:50 AM »
  well, I beleive His signs are for...the end of the age....and though fufilled at the end of the 'law' age..with the desolation of the temple...

there is alsp...and end of the age in our time....the time of HIS RETURN...and He has been" preparing" those who watch for Him.

Those that don't watch for Him...will be 'unprepared' and to them He will come as a 'theif in the night"...[what he thinks he has taken away]

How exactly all these scriptures will be fulfilled I do not know,I just know that they will be. Major world change coming

For instance Daniel's prophecy....a stone not cut out by human hands...will strike the colossus at his feet and become a mountain that fills the earth.

Spiritually fufilled in Christ the stone of stumbling...king of Babylons demise and kingdom set up.   New heavens..new earth..spiritual fulfillment,yes

but I look for another type of fulfilment...the time when we receive the full inheritance[token now]

It is in His hands how He fulfills these things. Be ready spiritually to meet Him!

stay awake! keep watch!

Offline Molly

• Gold
« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2011, 04:10:40 AM »
2Be watchful, and strengthen the things which remain, that are ready to die: for I have not found thy works perfect before God.
3Remember therefore how thou hast received and heard, and hold fast, and repent. If therefore thou shalt not watch, I will come on thee as a thief, and thou shalt not know what hour I will come upon thee.

--Rev 3

But of the times and the seasons, brethren, ye have no need that I write unto you.

2For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night.

3For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape.

4But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief.

5Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness.

6Therefore let us not sleep, as do others; but let us watch and be sober.

--1 Thess 5

Offline Molly

• Gold
« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2011, 10:31:35 AM »
Some scriptures that point to a pre-tribulation 'rapture' [first resurrection] or at least midway through the 7 years of tribulation:

and to wait for his Son whom he raised from the dead to come back from heaven. This Jesus is the one who rescues us from the coming wrath.
1 Thess 1:10

For this lawlessness is already at work secretly, and it will remain secret until the one who is holding it back steps out of the way.
--2 Thess 2:7 [This implies the church with the indwelling Holy Spirit will be removed from the earth]

51Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,
52In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.

--1 cor 15

For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.

16For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:

17Then we which are alive and remain shall be [n]caught up[/b] together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

18Wherefore comfort one another with these words.

--1 Thess 4

9For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ,

--1 Thess 5

And as it was in the days of Noe, so shall it be also in the days of the Son of man.

27They did eat, they drank, they married wives, they were given in marriage, until the day that Noah entered into the ark, and the flood came, and destroyed them all.

28Likewise also as it was in the days of Lot; they did eat, they drank, they bought, they sold, they planted, they builded;

29But the same day that Lot went out of Sodom it rained fire and brimstone from heaven, and destroyed them all.

30Even thus shall it be in the day when the Son of man is revealed.

--Luke 17

And take heed to yourselves, lest at any time your hearts be overcharged with surfeiting, and drunkenness, and cares of this life, and so that day come upon you unawares.

35For as a snare shall it come on all them that dwell on the face of the whole earth.

36Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man.

--Luke 21

----------------------------

three feasts in sept-oct

feast of trumpets --Last trump blown

feast of atonement--so the Messiah was sacrificed once to take away the sins of many people. And he will appear a second time, not to deal with sin, but to bring salvation to those who eagerly wait for him. [Heb 9:28]

feast of tabernacles [marriage supper of the bride]--1 Thessalonians 5:4 But you, brothers, are not in darkness so that this day should surprise you like a thief.

Offline sheila

• Gold
« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2011, 03:42:21 PM »
 He keeps us through the 'hour' of trial.....  Matt 14;37  keep watch one hour...14;41  It is enough,the hour has come. Rev 3;10 hour of test...

Rev 17;12  ten horns ten kings..who for one hour receive authority as kings,along with the beast. They will make war against the Lamb,but

the Lamb will overcome them.

One way He keeps us from wrath is laying down His life..for atonement to raise us up.    This love keeps us from 'wrath" of God. All men are

saved this way...the judgement on the kingdom of darkness=everlasting destruction..and this not applied to mankind...for Christ redeemed

all mankind...and those dead in Adam are to be raised up in Christ.

Now the kingdom of darkness has been a tool..to provide the 'evil' contrast for the good evil exercize.  And there is a time when God says 'enough'

Offline Molly

• Gold
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2011, 08:34:22 AM »
When Jesus said, no one knows the day or the hour--they knew he was referencing the Feast of Trumpets.

The Feast of Trumpets begins on the new moon, that little sliver of a moon that appears after the moon goes dark.

They would send two men up to the Temple mount to watch all night for two days for this sliver to appear--hence no one knew the day or the hour.

When he said only my Father knows---the father would determine the hour and day that everything was ready for the groom to go to the bride to take her to his home.

It is the beginning of the marriage feast, and also of Jacob's trouble---the bride will be shut up in the bridal chamber with Christ when the tribulation starts for the one week of Daniel--7 years.

This makes some sense to me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGxbZA6N3O8&feature=player_embedded

Offline sheila

• Gold
« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2011, 05:46:59 PM »
   the fulfillment of prophecy is to be looked at in this manner.....signs..fulfilled in heaven[spiritually] and earth[literally].....

I have literally almost been swept away by floodwaters off a highway..in my flesh...and I have spiritually almost been swept away

of the  'HIGHWAY' by dragon floods ...  we should always expect these prophecy's to increase until  it permeates everything that is.

the whole creation.

christ's birth...sign in heaven..virgin give birth...angels declared..sign in earth...Jesus presented in temple..testimony..this child shall serve

as a sign to be spoken against..He is due to cause the rise and fall of many in Israel