Author Topic: Say Grace Before You Eat  (Read 1651 times)

Offline jabcat

• Admin
  • SINNER SAVED BY GRACE
Say Grace Before You Eat
« on: January 28, 2012, 07:13:05 AM »
Neither should there be vulgar speech, foolish talk, or coarse jesting--all of which are out of character--but rather thanksgiving.  Eph. 5:4  **  Saved 1John 3.2, Eph. 2:8, John 1:12 - Being saved 2Cor. 4:16 2Peter 3:18 - Will be saved 1Peter 1:5 Romans 8:23

Offline Cardinal

• < Moderator >
Re: Say Grace Before You Eat
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2012, 05:28:42 PM »
 :cloud9: too funny  :laughing7:
"I would rather train twenty men to pray, than a thousand to preach; A minister's highest mission ought to be to teach his people to pray." -H. MacGregor

Offline WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2012, 07:04:08 PM »

In Japan a Buddhist priest, Joei Yoshikuni has a pet black and white, one and a half year-old Chihuahua named Conan. Conan follows his master around and sits with him while he's praying at the altar of Shuri Kannondo temple in Naha, the capitol city of the southern Okinawa prefecture (state).

With no urging, Conan has learned how to imitate his master saying his prayers; sitting on his haunches with his paws together in front of his face as if he's praying too. Who knows for sure whether Conan is actually saying doggie prayers or just trying to please his master?
1 Timothy 2:3-4  ...God our Savior;  Who will have all men to be saved...
John 12:47  And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.
Romans 4:5 But to the one who does not work, but believes in the one who declares the ungodly righteous ...

Offline leli

• Full
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2012, 05:09:09 AM »
Your post shows me that you are sincerein your heart.  You must be one who acknowledges the sovereignty of God.  If so, you are praying without show.  Some pray for show; others pray continuously in their heart by the way they act.  God reads hearts not just lips.  Me too, I see that some people are prone to show they are praying and others to come to the front to pray for others or to crowds.  You cannot be one of such.

leli

Offline rosered

• Gold
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2012, 06:09:13 AM »

Wow , good posts  :HeartThrob:   

much to think on  Lonely summer and Leli

Jesus  did not say everyone come with me to pray to the Father  , the verse in Matt 14  made me think
  though they did all pray at the passover meal ,  bread  being his  body and blood the new wine

Jesus set an example in this verse I noted a long while back  about the sincerity of prayers
  seems we groan within oursleves and the Spirit intercedes  for us when we dont know how to pray  over some things  , God's will being  the best   thing  done in it 

but anyways here it is  ..

Mat 14:23 And when he had sent the multitudes away, he went up into a mountain apart to pray: and when the evening was come, he was there alone.

Offline Lonely Summer

• Full
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2012, 10:04:39 AM »
I hope it didn't appear I was making fun of my friend for doing the silent "grace" or prayer before our meal. I'm really just laughing at my own lack of understanding it at the time. I think whatever way you choose to do it is beautiful; some folks have a more obvious expression of faith; others are more subtle.

Offline Cardinal

• < Moderator >
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2012, 03:16:23 PM »
 :cloud9: We enter His gates with thanksgiving and His courts with praise.......we are to thank Him for our daily provision of bread and wine in whatever form it takes. Blessings...
"I would rather train twenty men to pray, than a thousand to preach; A minister's highest mission ought to be to teach his people to pray." -H. MacGregor

Offline jabcat

• Admin
  • SINNER SAVED BY GRACE
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2012, 01:55:30 AM »
Yes, praying can be a ritual.  Or, it can be time that I just open up and be "in His presence" and let it flow.  Seems to me like my best prayers are when He "puts the words in my heart" to share with Him.  Communicating.  Otherwise I definitely can get into the flesh and struggle with "trying to perform", i.e., do what I think I'm "supposed" to do.
Neither should there be vulgar speech, foolish talk, or coarse jesting--all of which are out of character--but rather thanksgiving.  Eph. 5:4  **  Saved 1John 3.2, Eph. 2:8, John 1:12 - Being saved 2Cor. 4:16 2Peter 3:18 - Will be saved 1Peter 1:5 Romans 8:23

Offline jabcat

• Admin
  • SINNER SAVED BY GRACE
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2012, 12:19:38 AM »
The class on prophecy has been cancelled due to unforseen circumstances.

Offline lomarah

• Silver
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2012, 01:50:12 AM »
The class on prophecy has been cancelled due to unforseen circumstances.

:laughing7:
From Him and through Him and to Him are all things.

Offline jabcat

• Admin
  • SINNER SAVED BY GRACE
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2012, 04:53:03 AM »
 :laughhand:

Offline jabcat

• Admin
  • SINNER SAVED BY GRACE
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2012, 05:16:05 AM »
was on a church marquee - don't know if they realized what they were really saying, but I thought it was humorous.

Offline jabcat

• Admin
  • SINNER SAVED BY GRACE
« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2012, 06:21:28 PM »
Don't you know I've always loved you
Even before there was time
Though you turn away
I'll tell you still
Don't you know I've always loved you
And I always will

Greater love has not a man
Than the one who gives his life to prove
That he would do anything
And that's what I'm going to do for you

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bnc5thfP-qY&feature=related
« Last Edit: August 19, 2012, 06:26:10 PM by jabcat »

Offline jabcat

• Admin
  • SINNER SAVED BY GRACE