Author Topic: A Parable, A Proverb and a Prayer  (Read 168 times)

Offline eaglesway

• < Moderator >
  • Grace & Peace be multiplied unto you, in Jesus
    • Hell is a Myth.com
A Parable, A Proverb and a Prayer
« on: June 16, 2015, 06:22:33 AM »
The Parable

A blind man stumbles about a darkened room searching for a key to a locked door. Upon finding it after much time and difficulty, he unlocks the door and walks outside. He is free, but he is still blind, and now, he is vulnerable to the very openess and freedom which he anxiously sought while in his prison. No longer imprisoned, but needing still, eyes. Crying out to God in bitter tears and agony of soul for a long time, the man is given eyes. He rejoices and leaps and dances for hours, reveling in the light. He feels vindicated in his struggles and exults in victory......... But time passes, his enthusiasm softens into a happy peace, but also a slight unsettled anxiousness as well, for as he loses focus on the gift of sight and begins to focus on what he sees around him, he realizes he has no idea where he is. He sits and meditates on his past, how safe he was in his darkened room. He wonders about his future. What dangers and discoveries await his arrival? Finally, he gets up in his present and begins to walk, seeking his way through a startling new world.

This parable speaks to the prison of ignorance. The first stage is ignorance lack of knowledge. The second stage is ignorance lack of vision. The third stage the polarizing joy of first sight. The last stage is seeking and finding as the Way.

The Proverb

Prolonged anger is an inner conflict with oneself projected onto a substitute target.

The Prayer

Lord, help me take what I want off the top of my prayer that you will use me as you will.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2015, 06:37:02 AM by eaglesway »
The Logos is complete, but it is not completely understood. www.hellisamyth.com

Offline Caffus

• Snr
Re: A Parable, A Proverb and a Prayer
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2015, 10:52:20 PM »
 :Pray: Wonderful
The Truth will set you free! 😃

Offline Dandelion

• Snr
  • Trust in the Lord, with all your heart.
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2015, 05:56:34 AM »
Very nice! I especially like The Proverb.

:thumbsup:

We could also pray:

Lord, may I want only what you want for me...............your perfect, holy will.

eaglesway, could you explain what you mean by 'the polarizing joy of first sight'? I am not getting the 'polarizing' aspect.

7"Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. 8"For everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened.

Matthew 7:7 -8

Offline eaglesway

• < Moderator >
  • Grace & Peace be multiplied unto you, in Jesus
    • Hell is a Myth.com
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2015, 09:27:55 PM »
Sometimes when we first see something it is sweet in our mouth....

We stay at the altar of revelation for awhile enjoying the afterglo.

Then the process if assimilation begins(bitter in your belly)- walking it out and working it into our lives.

Some never embark on the path of assimilation, staying instead at the altar of revelation, seeking more a or building "tabernacles" to house revelations past. Blessed r the ones who, after a brief celebration, humble themselves and walk on.....for the further heights of Zion await those who walk as on a pilgrimage that has no final destination in this life...seeking a city with foundations, made without human hands, whose buildr and maker is God.

Something like that anyway, LOL.
The Logos is complete, but it is not completely understood. www.hellisamyth.com

Offline Dandelion

• Snr
  • Trust in the Lord, with all your heart.
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2015, 12:49:18 AM »
I think I understand.

We have to 'make it our own', and integrate it into our lives.

Absolutely, this journey here is to learn who we are in the Lord......it will not be completed until we are in Heaven.

I don't think as Christians we can allow ourselves the luxury of being so comfortable where we are, that we are not willing to let go of what is in our hands now, for the next step that God will ask of us. Never too old, too secure, too comfortable, too tired, and on and on, to say "This is my time." or  "No more, Lord." He will give us what we need for the next step of the journey, and bring us to new heights, in the process.

Great! Thank you.

:Gclap:

7"Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. 8"For everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened.

Matthew 7:7 -8