Author Topic: Adam  (Read 2342 times)

Offline WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
Adam
« on: September 24, 2008, 11:37:03 PM »
Adam was walking around the Garden of Eden feeling very lonely, so God asked him, "What's wrong, Adam?"

Adam said he didn't have anyone to talk to.

God thought for a minute and then said that He was going to make Adam a companion and that it would be called a "woman." He said, "This person will gather food for you, cook for you, and when you discover clothing, she'll wash it for you. She will always agree with every decision you make. She will bear your children and never ask you to get up in the middle of the night to take care of them. She will not nag you, and will always be the first to admit she was wrong when you've had a disagreement. She will never have a headache, and will freely give you love and passion whenever you need it."

Adam asked God, "What will a woman like this cost?"

God replied, "An arm and a leg."

Then Adam asked God, "What can I get for a rib?"

And the rest is history.
1 Timothy 2:3-4  ...God our Savior;  Who will have all men to be saved...
John 12:47  And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.
Romans 4:5 But to the one who does not work, but believes in the one who declares the ungodly righteous ...

martincisneros

Re: Adam
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2008, 01:30:50 AM »
He said, "This person will gather food for you, cook for you, and when you discover clothing, she'll wash it for you. She will always agree with every decision you make....She will not nag you, and will always be the first to admit she was wrong when you've had a disagreement. She will never have a headache, and will freely give you love and passion whenever you need it."
Congratulations!  You've posted a miracle that God's completely incapable of.  He honestly lacks the power.

Offline WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2008, 08:12:13 AM »
He isn't married so smart too  :laughing7:

BTW unlimited power is a contradiction. Even for God.  :winkgrin:
John 12:47  And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.
Romans 4:5 But to the one who does not work, but believes in the one who declares the ungodly righteous ...

martincisneros

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2008, 09:41:32 AM »
He isn't married so smart too  :laughing7:

BTW unlimited power is a contradiction. Even for God.  :winkgrin:
I wouldn't go that far.  If I had a choice, I'd be married again.  But all of my illusions have definitely been brought into reality about what I'd be getting myself into, if I ever remarried.  Women are just dudes with some physical and linguistic upgrades, and they're fully capable of having all of the undesireable characteristics that any guy might ever have, either occasionally or as a part of their daily routine.  The only way to know if it'll work between a man and a woman is for them to talk about all of the uncomfortable subjects that they try to hide while dating, but that are suddenly a big deal after they've gotten married 'cause after all he/she should have known such and such..... 

As far as I'm concerned, from some of the nonsense I've seen recently, if it stays a secret while you're dating, it better stay a secret after you're married 'cause you were 100% unfair to the other person as far as what they were getting themselves into if now there's a situation that's irreconcileable with their desires and expectations 'cause someone decided to be a wimp about what was genuinely the facts of their lives 'cause they were afraid of losing someone.  Lose 'em now or lose 'em later if it's something that won't remain a secret forever, as far as wanting kids, wanting a decade of financial discomfort in order to finish a doctorate, etc.

I refuse to marry people 'cause of all of the nonsense I've been seeing.  I don't care if it's a total Cinderella story.  People aren't open enough and upfront about what is most definitely going to be a big deal to them after they're married.  I despise that kind of willful deception, and then they wind up feeling like a rib is being removed while they're wide awake during a divorce.

As far as unlimited power goes, unlimited power is an oxymoron.  Just like free-will and freedom are oxymorons.  God sets people free so they can live moral lives.  In the United States, the Constitutional rights to live free are rights to live moral lives rather than licentious lives because many of the framers of the United States Constitution were theologians.  Life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness are in 21st Century language "life, liberty, and the pursuit of a morally sound life" because freedom can't exist in the presence of bondage.  Christ sets us free to live morally sound lives.  And self-governing nations that don't have monarchies are based on the assumption of a godly life, even if legislation of the previous 75 years or so has passed a lot of laws reflecting a morally relative philosophy.  It hasn't work and won't.

True, or unlimited power is balanced with wisdom, which 70% of the time is going to mean dodging extremes in behaviour.  Unlimited power isn't realized all at once, but is something worked through over the course of at least one eternity, depending on your view of how many demensions are involved in the Creation.  There's a book that's been much in contention on another thread as to whether or not it should be regarded as Scripture though it's not included in the Bible.  Some of the contention over it is whether or not it predates Noah's flood, though there's not yet any substantial proof of it being older than the second century B.C. and I got to wondering earlier if it might be the source of all that we've hated about the world after the flood when I got to thinking of it's contents as seeds and the remotest possibility of it being as old as it would appear to claim to be within it's pages.  The book is filled with condemnation and I hadn't noticed that until a few hours ago.  And I'm wondering if condemnation of the conscience entering into the human family that early in the game produced most of the world's religions, after the flood, in an attempt at cleansing the conscience as the book of Hebrews says that Christ's Blood alone does.

Man universally reaches out towards God on an instinctive level, but the creation of sooo many religions has always been a partial mystery to me.  And the Holy Spirit may have answered that for me today in a way where, as it says in 1Corinthians that God catches the self assured in their craftiness and brings the wisdom of the wise in their own eyes to ruin.  The carnal mind is at enmity against God for all of the reasons that anybody around here might think and speak of, but also because it's rooted in a condemned conscience.  What predates religion that would have really created that condemnation in the generations after Adam's sin that would have been reasonably innocent of what happened and only aware of what happened by tradition until Moses wrote it down?  Some say the book of Enoch and now I'm really starting to wonder about that.  That if it is as old as some insist that it is, then perhaps it had a greater impact on creating "Mystery Babylon" than some would have imagined.  Not for the unrighteousness of any of it's proclamations, but because of being the earliest seeds of the ministry of condemnation that though having the same effects as what St. Paul describes in 2Corinthians 3 would predate what he's talking about there.  Again, if it's as old as some insist that it is.

Perhaps in our prayers for one another, we should all be praying that the Blood of Christ does it's most thorough work in cleansing the conscience of each person on the planet.  A guilty conscience definitely plays a part in people treating one another the worst that claim to love one another the most, as in the husband/wife relationship.  Husbands and wives get busy in trying to deal with matters of their own conscience, so they often accidentally aren't as attentive to all of the needs/desires of the other person that they swore on their wedding day that they'd always be attentive, loving, and self sacrificial towards.

Unlimited power is simply a clear conscience, that again, only Christ's Blood can cleanse.  A clear conscience has zero problems with believing and speaking from one's blessing, authority, beliefs, and love in Christ (Mark 11:22-26; Colossians 3:12-17).

Offline WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2008, 02:51:15 PM »
that they try to hide while dating
Never argue with a woman. Either tired or rested. :-)

As far as unlimited power goes, unlimited power is an oxymoron
Such a long answer for such a simple statement :-)
Simple example:
- If God creates an advesary that is stronger than He is, His power is lower than that of the advesary.
- If He can't create it His power is unlimited
- If He can create it but doesn't His power is limited because there can be something of greater power

Paul Hazelwood

« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2008, 03:14:01 PM »
Gods power is limited, but even the depths of his limitations is no match for what he creates.  The very essence of God would dictate that he could not create something more powerful than him because Gods essence / spirit is the most powerful substance to start with.

So when we talk about limits what do those limits actually mean?

If we paint Gods power to be something it is not then we end up looking foolish because we cannot answer to the claims that prove God cannot do anything.

God cannot create a rock that he cannot lift,  does this mean anything can be more powerful than God?

martincisneros

« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2008, 06:02:46 PM »
Adam and the Lord were walking together in the Garden of Eden.

Adam: "Lord, Eve is amazing! She's so kind and her voice is like music!"

And the Lord said, "I made her that way so you'll love her."

Adam: "...and her hair is so shiny and lovely!"

And the Lord responded, "That's so you'll love her."

Adam: "...and Lord, her form is so WOW!"

The Lord: "That, too, is so you'll love her."

"But, Lord," said Adam, "she's...she's so, you know, um...stupid!"
"That," said the Lord, "is so she'll love you."

Offline Nathan

• Gold
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2008, 06:14:10 PM »
Gods power is limited, but even the depths of his limitations is no match for what he creates.  The very essence of God would dictate that he could not create something more powerful than him because Gods essence / spirit is the most powerful substance to start with.

If we paint Gods power to be something it is not then we end up looking foolish because we cannot answer to the claims that prove God cannot do anything.

God cannot create a rock that he cannot lift,  does this mean anything can be more powerful than God?

God's power is limited?  Are you kidding me???

Offline WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2008, 07:31:37 PM »

His power is limited for sure (but unmatched)

To quote Paul:

God cannot create a rock that he cannot lift
a] If God can't create such a rock His power is limited because He can't create it.
b] If God can create such a rock His power is limited because He can't lift it.

Very simple IMO

Offline Nathan

• Gold
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2008, 07:44:19 PM »
that's a ridiculous observation.  Why would anyone choose to submit themselves to this kind of thinking?  God is a spirit . . .he's not a rock that he can't lift.  Our minds have such limitations that we ourselves deceive ourselves with powerless thinking on such things.

If we believe that the power of the cross is greater than the power of the mind of man, what other power is there that's greater than the controls of my mind other than the Spirit of God? 

Sorry . . . I hope I'm not coming across as condemning, I'm not condemning anyone, I just think it's a useless argument that has no bearing on anything, let alone any truth.  There just isn't anything thing that God can not do.  When you can come up with the highest number that exists, then you may also come to the end of God's so called limitations.  The Scripture plainly states, He IS the end and he IS the beginning . . .he's everything before the beginning and everything after the end.  God is limited?  Wow.

Offline Nathan

• Gold
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2008, 07:49:40 PM »
I still think I sounded rude in that last post . . .I apologize if that was offensive to anyone.  I mean no harm. 

Offline WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2008, 08:01:33 PM »
I fail to see why that observation is ridiculous....

I'm not talking about God being a spirit or a rock.
I'm not talking about creation.
I'm not talking about the power of the cross.
I'm not taking about God being the beginning and the end.
I'm not talking about man outclassing God in anyway.
I'm talking about God competing with Himself.

So you don't come across condemning; I wouldn't mind if you did because you are free to speak.
But you come across as someone who didn't read or understood the argument.
Just try to debunk the 2 lines I wrote.

I know the statement I made makes toes curl on relgious boards so let me state that the power of God is extremely extremely extremely extremely extremely extremely extremely extremely extremely extremely extremely extremely extremely extremely much higher than of all mankind combined.

Offline WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2008, 08:03:42 PM »
I still think I sounded rude in that last post . . .I apologize if that was offensive to anyone.  I mean no harm. 

No offence taken.
I actually prefer people speaking their mind.
In daily life I rather be insulted than be 'sucked up to' (I hope that is the correct expression)

Offline Nathan

• Gold
« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2008, 09:47:25 PM »
Not me, I'd rather they suck up. :bigGrin:

Paul Hazelwood

« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2008, 02:29:41 AM »

Not concerned that you were being condemning Nathan, its just some mental gymnastics here to think about.  To be honest I think the whole concept of trying to create these paradoxes that place question upon Gods power come about from people just saying  God is all powerful without actually thinking about what "all powerful" really means.

You have to understand the context of what scripture says.

1Corinthians 1:25 Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men.

The passage this verse is in also contains this verse

1C 1:21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe.

The whole idea is that we can say God cannot do something and we are not demeaning who God is.   It may seem silly to entertain so called illogic in order to play the game of wit concerning Gods power, but there is no need to also say illogical things without good conclusions.

Why is  "Can God make a rock so big he cannot lift it?" a bad question?   Does it even matter if God can't?

The answer to both questions is No.   

If we take the angle that the question doesn't apply because it pits God against himself, then that still only shifts the assertion to something else.   Could God create a being more powerful than himself?   The answer is No.

It only means, that faith allows us to understand that God cannot actually do any and everything the human mind can come up with.  And it is irrevalent to the power God does possess to learn that.

The solution to the dilemma that this poses is the truth of scripture 1 Corinthians 1:21

It is indeed irrevalent that man could define a limitation to what God can do because what we might believe a limitation is, still does not reduce him to anything but the sovereign God of all existance.