Matthew 6:30 and Luke 12:28 record Jesus using this phrase "cast (or thrown) into the oven". But what is He talking about? The "grass of the field! "But if God so clothes the grass of the field, which is alive today and tomorrow is thrown into the oven, will he not much more clothe you—oh you of little faith?" Does He mean the grass will be burning for 'ever' and 'ever' or even "age lasting"?
- Malachi 4:1 says "See, the day is coming, burning like an oven, when all the arrogant and all evildoers will be stubble; the day that comes shall burn them up, says the Lord of hosts, so that it will leave them neither root nor branch."
- Isaiah 30:33 says "For his burning place has long been prepared; truly it is made ready for the king, its pyre made deep and wide, with fire and wood in abundance; the breath of the Lord, like a stream of sulfur, kindles it."
- I've always wondered in one of the visions John saw (Book of Revelation) when it talks about "blood up to horses bridles"... it always makes me think of oil.. (this because of the line in a song written by, shoot I can't think of his name.. the line is how in black and white, blood next to a body looks like a shadow.. he says it much more poetically however!)
- Is the LOF nothing more (or less) than fiery destruction, as Israel always understood judgment to be? We know the last war or battle takes place in the Middle East, "around Jerusalem" where all that oil is, which would turn sand into glass? (The Malachi 4:1 verse, stored up?) And the "camp of the saints" after the millennium, again, is surrounded, now, or that is, then, the "camp of the saints and the beloved city"... And even these ones who surround the beloved camp for war, I'm presuming will be resurrected in the 2nd resurrection.
..."neither root nor branch.." makes me think of banks! Not that banks are the only things which will disappear,
and gladly so!
I'm studying up on verses having to do with furnace, fire, oven, etc.. Though I'm not sure if the thought above can fly what with "the LOF was created for the devil and his angels"..?
- Another LOF theory, imo, would be thermo-nuclear warfare. I know Ezekiel makes a reference to "they will look at each other their faces on fire" (yikes, enough 'judgment' to bring home any lesson I would think! tho we humans can be pretty stubborn!)
-thanks for putting up with my rambling, tho i think no one's been to this particular board for a
while, and maybe I'm just talking to myself! Not unusual, actually!