Author Topic: Just when did ET/ED begin?  (Read 1478 times)

Online micah7:9

• Gold
  • Mic 7:8 Thou dost not rejoice over me, O mine ene
Just when did ET/ED begin?
« on: April 13, 2011, 08:34:08 PM »
The following two positions will be admitted without question, it is believed, by all Christians.
1st. If the doctrine of endless punishment be, as affirmed by its believers, absolutely and indispensably necessary to the preservation of virtue, and to perfect obedience to the laws of God; if this be the salutary and saving influence of the doctrine, then it constitutes one of the strongest possible reasons for its being revealed to man at the very earliest period of the world's history.
2d. If endless punishment be true, it is terribly true to all those who are in danger, - wherein is found another powerful reason why it should have been made known in the clearest manner, on the very morning of creation! In the clearest manner: it should not have been left in doubt, and obscurity, by the use of indefinite terms; but it should have been proclaimed in language which no man could misunderstand, if he would. Rather than that there should even be the possibility of a mistake in a matter of such vast and fearful moment, it should have been graven by special miracle into every soul that God sent into the world.
Thomas B. Thayer
Mic 7:8  Thou dost not rejoice over me, O mine enemy, When I have fallen, I have risen, When I sit in darkness Jehovah is a light to me.

Offline Taffy

• Gold
Re: Just when did ET/ED begin?
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2011, 08:42:34 PM »
Exerpt Ray Prinzing who puts so call HELL fire so simply-"The first Adam died to God and righteousness, and became alive unto sin.  The last Adam died unto sin (Rom. 6:19), and liveth unto God, and so fulfilleth all righteousness.  The first made all men sinners, the last makes all men righteous.  The lives and the deaths of the two Adams are thus greatly contrasting the one to the other.  The FIRST DEATH was a transition from life to death, the SECOND DEATH is a transition from corruption to incorruption, from mortality to immortality.  Transformed from the carnal mind to the spiritual mind, which is life and peace, which transformation is wrought by a dying out to the one realm, to come alive to the higher realm.   Because the second death is prepared to purge out and burn away sin and its results, and so doing cleanse all of God's universe.
            "Death came minding self and flesh.  Now God makes death overcome itself.  It is by death that death is rendered powerless, and there arises an upspringing, a new life.  It takes death to destroy death, and thus Christ 'did taste death for every man' 'that through death He might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil; and deliver them who through fear of death were all their lifetime subject to bondage' (Heb. 2:9,14-15).  Since we are all under the effects of the first death, it is appointed unto us to die once more not physical death, we are already in a state of mortality but now a dying out to this present death state.  We conquer this death of the carnal mind (for to be carnally minded is death) by dying to it only God could use such a process bringing victory, but praise God, He is destroying the first death with the second death"
Isa 29:18 And in that day shall the deaf hear the words of the book, and the eyes of the blind shall see out of obscurity, and out of darkness.

Online micah7:9

• Gold
  • Mic 7:8 Thou dost not rejoice over me, O mine ene
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2011, 08:49:57 PM »
Exerpt Ray Prinzing who puts so call HELL fire so simply-"The first Adam died to God and righteousness, and became alive unto sin.  The last Adam died unto sin (Rom. 6:19), and liveth unto God, and so fulfilleth all righteousness.  The first made all men sinners, the last makes all men righteous.  The lives and the deaths of the two Adams are thus greatly contrasting the one to the other.  The FIRST DEATH was a transition from life to death, the SECOND DEATH is a transition from corruption to incorruption, from mortality to immortality.  Transformed from the carnal mind to the spiritual mind, which is life and peace, which transformation is wrought by a dying out to the one realm, to come alive to the higher realm.   Because the second death is prepared to purge out and burn away sin and its results, and so doing cleanse all of God's universe.
            "Death came minding self and flesh.  Now God makes death overcome itself.  It is by death that death is rendered powerless, and there arises an upspringing, a new life.  It takes death to destroy death, and thus Christ 'did taste death for every man' 'that through death He might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil; and deliver them who through fear of death were all their lifetime subject to bondage' (Heb. 2:9,14-15).  Since we are all under the effects of the first death, it is appointed unto us to die once more not physical death, we are already in a state of mortality but now a dying out to this present death state.  We conquer this death of the carnal mind (for to be carnally minded is death) by dying to it only God could use such a process bringing victory, but praise God, He is destroying the first death with the second death"
:thumbsup:
Mic 7:8  Thou dost not rejoice over me, O mine enemy, When I have fallen, I have risen, When I sit in darkness Jehovah is a light to me.

Offline Aleax

• Est
  • Dear God, I have a problem, it's Me.
    • Is Hell eternal? Or will God's plan fail?
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2011, 10:04:05 PM »
I was actually thinking about this today... if ET were true, shouldn't God at least see to it everyone everywhere had an equal "chance" to escape this terrible fate?

Person A is born in Germany (mostly a Lutheran country) and dies at 93 of old age.
Person B is born in India (Christianity accepted, but spiritual seekers probably turn to Hinduism first) and dies at 40 in a car accident.
Person C is born in North Korea (dictator worship required), and gets shot by the government at 17 for publicly questioning the Great Leader's sexual orientation.

Now, which of the persons is most likely to exit this world as a born-again Christian?

BUT WE ALL ARE FREE TO CHOOSE AND MEN ARE WITHOUT EXCUSE AND...  :BangHead: 

:thumbsup:

:iagree:
Behold, I make a few things new.

The Plan of The Ages: God's Unfailing Love Revealed in the Cross

Offline Molly

• Gold
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2011, 05:47:21 AM »
Interesting, Aleax.

It fits in with the idea of a lottery system.

Then, where you are born would be a part of that system.

Until recently, that is, where the Christian countries are now under siege by massive immigration which will dilute their Christian heritage.

And, also, a massive assualt on the morality of said countries.

The anti-Christ is trying to create his own lotto system and tip it against Christians?

But, God set the boundaries of the nations according to the sons of God.

Will he allow it to happen?  Maybe, in the end times...

but he who stands firm to the end will be saved.
--Mat 24:13

« Last Edit: April 14, 2011, 05:57:40 AM by Molly »