Author Topic: Don't believe your 5 senses.  (Read 5182 times)

Offline Beloved Servant

• Gold
  • David's sling
Don't believe your 5 senses.
« on: February 23, 2011, 12:49:11 AM »

And here, there is a difference between God's world and our own. To God there is no past, present or future. All are one to Him. Therefore, what God intends to do, He has already done. (Rv.21:6, Ps.22:31).

31 They will proclaim his righteousness,
     declaring to a people yet unborn:
                                                  He has done it!

6 He said to me:
                        "It is done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End.
                                        To him who is thirsty I will give to drink without cost from the spring of the water of life."

Offline onlytruth

Re: Don't believe your 5 senses.
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2011, 01:45:20 AM »
matrix? :grin:

Offline Beloved Servant

• Gold
  • David's sling
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2011, 01:55:18 AM »
Sorry, I don't understand the response: matrix.

Offline onlytruth

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2011, 03:03:36 AM »
not to take anything away from your post,sorry
(matrix, refers to a movie where the senses were all computer generated and the recepient wasn't aware of it ,until they had an "awakening" of sorts.

Offline micah7:9

• Gold
  • Mic 7:8 Thou dost not rejoice over me, O mine ene
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2011, 04:21:22 AM »
not to take anything away from your post,sorry
(matrix, refers to a movie where the senses were all computer generated and the recepient wasn't aware of it ,until they had an "awakening" of sorts.

You got that right! I was beginning to believe even after all this time that no one saw what that movie had said unknowing the depth that they opened for those reading the Bible could see. For me it opened up the entire understanding and depth of what is now and will be. Great!!!! :grin: :Sparkletooth: :thumbsup:
Mic 7:8  Thou dost not rejoice over me, O mine enemy, When I have fallen, I have risen, When I sit in darkness Jehovah is a light to me.

Offline Beloved Servant

• Gold
  • David's sling
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2011, 04:42:56 AM »
I haven't seen the movie.
But it does not surprise me that the spirit of hollywood is there to corrupt the TRUTH.
Inevitable!
Is there not a precedent in the Scriptures?

• Gold
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2011, 06:27:27 AM »
I haven't seen the movie.
But it does not surprise me that the spirit of hollywood is there to corrupt the TRUTH.
Inevitable!
Is there not a precedent in the Scriptures?

See the movie. Considering it with the Mind you read your Bible. Hollywood nor the author(I believe) have no idea as what they put forth. The very beginning of what they believe is awesome.
Mic 7:8  Thou dost not rejoice over me, O mine enemy, When I have fallen, I have risen, When I sit in darkness Jehovah is a light to me.

Offline redhotmagma

• Bronze
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2011, 02:41:42 PM »
The matrix is almost entirely based on a gnostic theology. 

Offline legoman

« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2011, 04:34:23 PM »
That may be so, but the ideas the Matrix puts forth do open your mind to other possibilities: namely the possibility that your current belief system may be wrong - its simply an illusion.

This concept is powerful if you can realize it in your own life - you may realize you have been wrong about something (most all of us here at TM sure have, right?).  Books like 1984 and Animal Farm also show some of this.

Even the kids movie Toy Story has this concept (BTW Toy Story is a great movie!).  In it, Buzz believes that he is a great space ranger, out to save the universe.  Half way through he has an epiphany that he is just a toy - a child's play thing.  But then Woody shows him that being a child's toy is a great thing too.

Some how I see that applying to my life (call me strange).  We come into this world thinking we are great, in control of our own destiny.  Then we realize we are not in control.  God is in control.  We feel powerless.  Then maybe we realize that this is not a bad thing that God is in control...  :Sparkletooth:

Anyway, the point here is God teaches us through many things - even Hollywood movies like the Matrix (and Toy Story!)...

Offline Cardinal

• < Moderator >
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2011, 12:18:58 AM »
 :cloud9:  :thumbsup: Love your new fire picture, Beloved....
"I would rather train twenty men to pray, than a thousand to preach; A minister's highest mission ought to be to teach his people to pray." -H. MacGregor

Offline redhotmagma

• Bronze
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2011, 12:47:58 AM »
I wasn't implying we can't learn from movies and such, just stating a fact.  I think I misunderstood Micah's post, as though the "theology" of the movie is sound.

Offline thinktank

• Silver
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2011, 04:17:23 AM »
I'm glad you guys are not just a bunch of stiffs. The lords glory is upon you so that you can see beyond the cover and appreciate a young persons movie such as the matrix.  :thumbsup:

Offline Cardinal

• < Moderator >
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2011, 06:55:43 PM »
 :cloud9: His Truth has been corrupted and it's EVERYWHERE..... :2c:
"I would rather train twenty men to pray, than a thousand to preach; A minister's highest mission ought to be to teach his people to pray." -H. MacGregor

• Gold
« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2011, 06:02:53 AM »

And here, there is a difference between God's world and our own. To God there is no past, present or future. All are one to Him. Therefore, what God intends to do, He has already done. (Rv.21:6, Ps.22:31).

He has done it!

6 He said to me:
                                        To him who is thirsty I will give to drink without cost from the spring of the water of life."

Yes. I liked the matrix movie, I guess I saw in it what others may not have, forget the movie and my thoughts on it. Yes, Beloved, we are human and what attributes we have been given is how we descern, but "It is done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End.
That is a powerfull and positve truth that "we" have not begun to fathom, its depth and love for all creation, and we moan from not knowing, yet.....BELIEVE.

nes

« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2011, 05:51:44 AM »

He has done it!

psalm 22:27 also helps ur argument

http://biblos.com/psalms/22-27.htm

6 He said to me:

http://biblos.com/revelation/21-6.htm

The word thirsty:  http://strongsnumbers.com/greek/1372.htm

Short Definition: I thirst for, desire earnestly
Definition: I thirst for, desire earnestly.

Sinners don't desire earnestly.  So that's a possible definition.

Also he says that the sinners will be consigned to the lake of fire (second death) right after rev 21:6, if he said that he will give life to everyone who is thirsty (which would be all the unbelievers), then why would he go on about the exception of sinners going to the lake of fire?

What it all comes down to is whether or not isiah 45:21-25 means that everyone's knee will bow and everyone will swear OR if it means every believer will bow and every believer will swear.  So I can't side with either eternal damnation or universal salvation atm.  I'm also troubled by the fact that no where in the bible does it directly say that everyone will eventually go to heaven, but it says many times that believers will go to heaven and unbelievers go to the temporary hell and then if people stay as sinners and don't bow and swear before the white throne they'll go to the lake of fire.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2011, 06:08:49 AM by nes »

Beth

« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2011, 04:22:20 PM »
Micah - I agree with you regarding the matrix... to those who walk after the spirit, they can see the matrix all around us... however, I do not believe that Hollywood was ignorant of what it was producing... the hidden agenda of mystery babylon was, imo, revealed in the movie the matrix... mystery babylon has created the matrix and they intend to destroy the matrix as well when they accomplish the goal of waking the masses to a reality they they are their own God.  But those who walk after the Spirit can see the matrix and will not be drawn into the strong delusion because "they love the truth."

:2c:

Offline Beloved Servant

• Gold
  • David's sling
« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2011, 11:17:01 PM »
:cloud9:  :thumbsup: Love your new fire picture, Beloved....

Thanks Card, so do I.
It's from Bro. Elwin Roach's website: Godfire.net.
God is good!

Syndicated

« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2011, 05:32:17 AM »

He has done it!

6 He said to me:

Hey all.  It's been a long while since I've been on here, and just catching up on what's going on.  This was one of the first topics I stumbled upon, and for this I have to add my  :2c:

I don't know if I agree with the statement 'Don't believe your 5 senses'.

God gave us these senses so we could experience the world HE created for us!  We have sight so we could see the beauty He has made.  Would anyone of you look at the beauty of a sunrise and say that it wasn't really there?  Or that it wasn't really as beautiful as it seemed?  Or what about the sound of your children's laughter while at play?  Is the joy of hearing that something that He didn't want anyone of us to enjoy?  And I don't know about you, but I LOVE the smell of baking cookies!  Senses are a physical thing that we as humans are given for numerous reasons... for safety and survival, communication, learning, growing... all things that help to make us who we are.

I believe that the verse quoted from Psalms is a prophecy about Jesus's success at the cross.  In Revelation, I believe this verse is talking about the completion of what Jesus was sent here to do, which was to put an end to the old covenant and start the new covenant.  I could understand saying something like 'Don't believe what people tell you about Jesus not saving all men' (here I could pretty much copy and paste all of Hebrews 10) and telling people to use their logical brains and not imaginations and emotions, but I don't understand how we should read into that to not believe our senses.  Can someone maybe clarify if I have misunderstood the original post?

Offline Molly

• Gold
« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2011, 05:41:16 AM »
Hi Syndicated!  WB!

I agree with you that he gave us a world that would delight us.  But he also gave us something else, so we could see beyond the world of our five senses.

2 Corinthians 5:7
(For we walk by faith, not by sight:)

Offline Beloved Servant

• Gold
  • David's sling
« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2011, 06:21:57 AM »

They are the five senses of the body or the five senses of the flesh.

Offline Beloved Servant

• Gold
  • David's sling
« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2011, 06:32:30 AM »

You can know God or good and evil, but not both! 
Knowing God and knowing good and evil are mutually exclusive.

Syndicated

« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2011, 07:42:08 AM »
The 5 senses of the body... Hmmm.... okay, the next time you see/hear/smell a fire in the building you're in, have fun believing it's not real.  I, however, will believe the senses tha God made me with, pull the fire alarm and get the heck out.  And the next time I feel the arms of my fiance around me in a hug, I will understand that he's showing me affection and comfort in a way God intended.

So when we're told to sing to God, are we supposed to believe that He doesn't really hear us?  or how about when we pray?  Does He not hear us in our voicing of both joy and anguish?  We were made to experience this world around us and marvel in the wonders He created for us out of love.

As for good and evil and knowing God, God is with us at all times, helping us in our everyday lives because He loves us, so we have nothing to fear.

Psalm 23:4 Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
         I fear no evil, for You are with me;

Offline Beloved Servant

• Gold
  • David's sling
« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2011, 07:00:10 PM »

Remember! The five foolish virgins run out of oil.

Syndicated

« Reply #23 on: May 18, 2011, 08:17:07 PM »
Well then I guess it's a good thing I have Jesus to be the oil in my lamp so I won't run out!  :dsunny:

Offline Beloved Servant

• Gold
  • David's sling
« Reply #24 on: May 18, 2011, 08:25:45 PM »

If Jesus tells you to stand still in the fire, what would you do?