Author Topic: "Random" UR Posts for lovewins.us - COLLECT HERE  (Read 5201 times)

Offline WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
Re: Major Project, Need Major Help
« Reply #25 on: November 28, 2010, 09:00:45 PM »
« Last Edit: November 28, 2010, 09:41:39 PM by WhiteWings »
1 Timothy 2:3-4  ...God our Savior;  Who will have all men to be saved...
John 12:47  And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.
Romans 4:5 But to the one who does not work, but believes in the one who declares the ungodly righteous ...

Offline jabcat

• Admin
  • SINNER SAVED BY GRACE
Re: "Random" UR Posts for lovewins.us - COLLECT HERE
« Reply #26 on: December 01, 2010, 01:24:21 AM »
Quote from: thinktank on November 29, 2010, 06:38:35 PM
Interesting, that the punishment for the thiefs crime is crucifixtion, the same as Jesus. If the thief went to hell, then so should Jesus, for he laid upon himself the sins of the world. Either he was asleep/dead, or in the depths of sheol, such as Jonah in the whale but preaching to other spirits, how could he be in ET hell?

Hi thanktank,

You are right. When you think about it, the punishment in hell that most think the wicked will go through hasn't been paid. Like you said, if the thief went to hell then Jesus should have went also, if not for himself, then for the whole world. If hell was the punishment one must endure why isn't Jesus there paying that debt for us? If eternal death is true then the same should apply. Jesus would have to stay dead to pay that debt for us. Neither of these debts have been paid for anyone.

CHB
Neither should there be vulgar speech, foolish talk, or coarse jesting--all of which are out of character--but rather thanksgiving.  Eph. 5:4  **  Saved 1John 3.2, Eph. 2:8, John 1:12 - Being saved 2Cor. 4:16 2Peter 3:18 - Will be saved 1Peter 1:5 Romans 8:23

Offline jabcat

• Admin
  • SINNER SAVED BY GRACE
« Reply #27 on: December 01, 2010, 09:54:43 AM »
Are there specific topics that need more attention than others? I'm a bit scatterbrained so having a couple specific topics to work on would be great.
Okay now Im slow but are we to go thru all the posts on this forum to find what we are looking for? Im getting tired so just give me some orders and Ill start tryin to foller them tomarra.
I dont know if I know how to how to help, but if I can help, my freinds, give me instructions that a 3 year old can follow and I may catch on. The Lord loves me anyway. :grin:

Maybe just be on the lookout for exceptional posts that are direct, to the point and either copy their shortcut into here, or copy and paste the post (with a notice of who the poster was, i.e., "legoman said", etc....) into here.  This may include new posts you see, or if you enjoy prowling around through old topics, if you seen one while doing that, pulling them into here would be a real help.  Thanks!!!  :HeartThrob:
Neither should there be vulgar speech, foolish talk, or coarse jesting--all of which are out of character--but rather thanksgiving.  Eph. 5:4  **  Saved 1John 3.2, Eph. 2:8, John 1:12 - Being saved 2Cor. 4:16 2Peter 3:18 - Will be saved 1Peter 1:5 Romans 8:23

Online micah7:9

• Gold
  • Mic 7:8 Thou dost not rejoice over me, O mine ene
« Reply #28 on: December 01, 2010, 03:39:08 PM »
For me this is as site that is nothing but positive and full of love. http://www.rayprinzing.com/
Mic 7:8  Thou dost not rejoice over me, O mine enemy, When I have fallen, I have risen, When I sit in darkness Jehovah is a light to me.

Nil Recurring

« Reply #29 on: December 04, 2010, 07:42:09 PM »

Offline legoman

« Reply #30 on: December 10, 2010, 11:09:29 PM »
Thoughts on the word "all"

For those who wish to say "all" does not mean "all", let us understand that words mean things, and if their definition changes arbitrarily, we may as well be speaking gibberish.  Reminds me about something from Alice in Wonderland, "words mean exactly what I mean them to say" or something like that... anyway, I posted this in the another forum:

--

"All" must mean "all" within any specific descriptors that are applied to it.
For example:
1. all mankind - everyone who has ever existed
2. all the students at my school - only the students at my school; all of them

It can only be limited to something less than "all" if literal "all" is a logical impossibility.
For example:
1. all mankind have sinned - obviously this does not include Jesus, but due to context we can determine that it means everyone who has ever existed (excluding Jesus).

"All" could also be used metaphorically or as an exaggeration.
However arbitrarily changing the word "all" to mean "some" or "all sorts" renders the word meaningless.

In 1 Tim 2:4, we read that God will have all men to be saved. I don't think this was an exaggeration or some kind of metaphor. There is no need to restrict this statement - God is all powerful. This can only mean literally all mankind, dead or alive, future, past, present. God can work outside the restrictions of time and life/death.

To say it is referring to "all sorts" of men is simply twisting the words, for the scripture could have been easily written that way to clarify.
To say that God cannot achieve His will, or this is simply a 'weak wish', is to call God a failure.

Online micah7:9

• Gold
  • Mic 7:8 Thou dost not rejoice over me, O mine ene
« Reply #31 on: December 11, 2010, 01:21:06 AM »
I agree, but there are some out in the world of believers that take the word " many" to exclude the "all." What say you on this?
Mic 7:8  Thou dost not rejoice over me, O mine enemy, When I have fallen, I have risen, When I sit in darkness Jehovah is a light to me.

Offline legoman

« Reply #32 on: December 11, 2010, 05:59:27 AM »
I agree, but there are some out in the world of believers that take the word " many" to exclude the "all." What say you on this?

Ah yes, another weasel word!  LOL.  OK:

Thoughts on the word "Many"

While it is true that the word "many" can exclude the "all", it is also true that the word "many" can include the all.  Consider this simple statement:
There are many people in the world.

Now which people does the word many refer to in this statement?  ALL of the people in the world!
The word "many" simply means a "large amount", so the above statement is synonymous with saying there is a large amount of people in the world.

Consider another statement:
A large amount of people will be saved.

This statement does not in itself specify whether all or less-than-all will be saved, just that a large amount will be.  That large amount certainly could be all.  Many carries the same weight and meaning as "large amount".

When we actually read Romans 5 we see this is what it is saying.

Romans 5:18 Consequently, just as one trespass resulted in condemnation for all people, so also one righteous act resulted in justification and life for all people. 19 For just as through the disobedience of the one man the many were made sinners, so also through the obedience of the one man the many will be made righteous.

So in fact the many does include the all (excluding Jesus Himself of course), simply because we know all were made sinners (called "the many"), likewise all will be made righteous (the same "the many").

Now lets consider this from a slightly different angle.  Let us suppose God created a universe where there were only 4 or 5 people who ever existed.  This would certainly be "few" people compared to the many people in our universe.  So in this tiny universe, Jesus then comes to save the few.  The few were made sinners in Adam, and the few will be made righteous in Christ.  Is Jesus not going to save all in this tiny universe since Jesus is only saving the few?  No.  As you can see, the "few" is the all!

That was a bit long-winded but I think I covered all the bases.  Hope it made sense.  Its really just untwisting what people think "many" means...

Offline Beloved Servant

• Gold
  • David's sling
« Reply #33 on: December 11, 2010, 06:45:21 AM »

While it is true that the word "many" can exclude the "all", it is also true that the word "many" can include the all.  Consider this simple statement:

Now which people does the word many refer to in this statement?  ALL of the people in the world!

Brilliant!

Offline WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
« Reply #34 on: December 11, 2010, 07:54:51 AM »

Ah yes, another weasel word!  LOL.  OK:
Many means 5%. Fact.
Jesus saves only 5%. Fact.
In Adam 5% died. Fact.

So that adds up to 100% pretty well  :laughing7:
John 12:47  And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.
Romans 4:5 But to the one who does not work, but believes in the one who declares the ungodly righteous ...

Offline WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
« Reply #35 on: December 11, 2010, 07:59:29 AM »

Hell of a post :winkgrin:
Many also can mean all but one.
Jesus was part of mankind but wasn't saved because He was the savior Himself.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2010, 10:58:07 PM by WhiteWings »

Quaesitor

« Reply #36 on: December 13, 2010, 10:49:23 PM »
Hey guys,

I encourage you to see the serie on youtube called Religious Tolerance.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7hat4HyEeo

It's the journey and studies of a woman expelled from her church because of being an out-spoken believer in UR.

God blessed her work because it's awesome!

Offline jabcat

• Admin
  • SINNER SAVED BY GRACE
Re: Major Project, Need Major Help
« Reply #37 on: February 09, 2011, 06:35:47 AM »
Okay now Im slow but are we to go thru all the posts on this forum to find what we are looking for? Im getting tired so just give me some orders and Ill start tryin to foller them tomarra.

:thumbsup:  Gary has recently said ANY really good UR quotes, whether from books, articles, internet sources, etc., (AS LONG WE GIVE CREDIT TO THE SOURCE) is good to bring on board.  Anything you see that you think is a strong UR statement/explanation, bring it on!   :Sparkletooth: