Author Topic: Works  (Read 120243 times)

trettep

Re: Works
« Reply #1250 on: April 02, 2009, 06:37:50 AM »
See what I see is that Jesus took on the flesh of Adam (having been born by Mary) but not of the nature (having been born of the Father via the Spirit).  The Word of God is the SEED.  Hence Mary, was pregnant because of the Word of God (God's seed).

Paul

Offline sheila

• Gold
« Reply #1251 on: April 02, 2009, 06:39:08 AM »
   with strong outcrys and pleadings He entreated HE who was

able to deliver him from death=resurrect

Jesus was to of the seed of adam/man /woman

from the lineage of EVE

Adam is the name of man,both male and female

trettep

« Reply #1252 on: April 02, 2009, 06:42:52 AM »
  with strong outcrys and pleadings He entreated HE who was

able to deliver him from death=resurrect

Jesus was to of the seed of adam/man /woman

from the lineage of EVE

Adam is the name of man,both male and female

Shiela, if Jesus was of the seed of Adam then Jesus would have been born with a carnal nature that cannot be subject to the Law of God.

Paul

Offline sheila

• Gold
« Reply #1253 on: April 02, 2009, 06:50:23 AM »
  the seed of the woman would crush the serpents head

a woman is born with all her ovum at birth....

they just ripen later...her ovum were intact and already

formed before she was deceived.

A man is not made that way,,,he produces and forms sperm

all his life

kinda like spirit impregnanting a soul and bringing forth life

the sperm as spirit and egg as soul

a sinless soul could be produced this way by Holy spirit

trettep

« Reply #1254 on: April 02, 2009, 06:59:11 AM »
  the seed of the woman would crush the serpents head

a woman is born with all her ovum at birth....

they just ripen later...her ovum were intact and already

formed before she was deceived.

A man is not made that way,,,he produces and forms sperm

all his life

kinda like spirit impregnanting a soul and bringing forth life

the sperm as spirit and egg as soul

a sinless soul could be produced this way by Holy spirit

Gen 3:15  And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.

Notice two different seed.

Paul

Offline Molly

• Gold
« Reply #1255 on: April 02, 2009, 07:04:32 AM »
Adam was just a bunch of clay with the breath of God.

7And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

--Gen 2

Jesus calls himself the son of Adam.

He is also called the second Adam and the last Adam.

Question:  Isn't Jesus the first and the last?  Mustn't he have pre-eminence in all things?

How, then, could he be descended from a man?  How could a mere mortal be first?

Adam is created in the image of God, but Jesus is born--the Word become flesh.

Both are without sin.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2009, 07:07:49 AM by Molly »

trettep

« Reply #1256 on: April 02, 2009, 07:28:13 AM »
Adam was just a bunch of clay with the breath of God.

7And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

--Gen 2

Jesus calls himself the son of Adam.

He is also called the second Adam and the last Adam.

Question:  Isn't Jesus the first and the last?  Mustn't he have pre-eminence in all things?

How, then, could he be descended from a man?  How could a mere mortal be first?

Adam is created in the image of God, but Jesus is born--the Word become flesh.

Both are without sin.

What was the first thing to ever come from God in creating our kosmos (creation)? - answer is His Word.  Because it is by His Word that was uttered that the creation came into existence.  But what is in the Word was not created but existed always.  That which is in the Word or that the Word carries is the nature of the Father in Heaven (God).  This nature of God is the very Holy Spirit.  The Holy Spirit is the very BEING of the Father in Heaven.  Jesus said:

Joh 6:63  It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

This is how we receive the Holy Spirit.  When we consume the Word of God into our hearts (via Faith) we become filled with the Spirit of God (Holy Spirit).  Meaning we begin to have the Father's very nature (being) in us.

So don't think of Jesus (the man) as the first begotten but that which is in Him as the first begotten (the Word of God).   But it is true to say Jesus is the first begotten because we know Him by that Being that He possesses which is the Word of God.  So when I say don't "THINK" of it as the "MAN" Jesus, I'm referring to when He came in the flesh.  For He - the Word of God existed before all and by the Word of God that the Father uttered did ALL coming into creation.  So the "man" Jesus is descended by the seed of Adam as pertaining to the flesh.  But speaking Spiritually, Jesus (the annointed - having the Spirit) is not descended from Adam.

This way Jesus can put down via the Spirit what which causes man to sin which is the flesh.  This is complicated to understand I'm sure but a good understanding of what the Holy Spirit is makes it comprehensible.

Paul

Offline sheila

• Gold
« Reply #1257 on: April 02, 2009, 02:03:24 PM »
  Hi,

I see  that the spirit of God in Jesus is what overcame..too.

the SON OF GOD portion/Christ/by MY SPIRIT

but the Word of God come in flesh..I see that as the

fulfillment of the Word of God given in the garden..[promise]..

'  the seed of the woman will crush the serpents head'

I see it this way because I don't want to downplay

the signifigance of what Jesus Christ[Word of God]

coming in the flesh  spiritually means to mankind.

the SON OF MAN  portion

Many times Jesus Christ called himself 'son of man'

Mitochondrial dna [mother] is always inherited from the

womans Mother...and passed down to daughters and sons.

And when a female is born her eggs are already formed,

they just need to ripen

Sons will inherit their Mothers mdna but their wives mdna

will  pass down exact copies to all  daughters and sons.

And I see the " Word of God", spoken in the Garden, referring

to the womans seed crushing the mind of the serpent

as the womans seed spoken of[Eve] really bespeaks  of

the promised seed 'prophesied by God' in the garden,as

Jerusalem's above ovum and mDna, or as

the son of man' portion of Jesus Christ.

Now a woman is born with all her eggs/seed...they

must merely ripen or mature.

It is through this undrstanding that I also realize the

significance of what was going on in the days of Noah.

The making of giants when the fallen sons of God took the

daughters of men...and giants were born..much mixing etc.

I know this may be hard to follow, for I don't have it quite all

thrashed out yet,myself.

Adam's flesh may just be dust of the earth, but it also is

where 'good' seed is sown and also the 'seed' of the enemy

was sown.  And it is God's field...though coveted and sown

by an enemy of His.

Offline claypot

• Bronze
« Reply #1258 on: April 02, 2009, 03:43:11 PM »
Let me get back to the basics and ask what this means. What sins did and do people do that are so terrible as to need to have them penalized in the first place. I know and have known a lot of people in my time and most of them are great people.
I sure can't imagine anything they have done that even remotely comes close to requiring Jesus to die so horribly on the cross.

How about being selfish, merciless, unforgiving, or holier than thou.

You mean to tell me that because someone may be a bit selfish or curious or even a bit disobedient or as you say, holier than though or unforgiving.......that these character traits require the King of Glory Himself to be shredded and killed? It seems a bit overkill to me. Are we missing something here Bob?

People are under the curse of the law. What in the world does this mean? Sounds horrible. What ever did little newborn Jonny do to merit such condemnation?

I'm not talking about the law putting newborns under a curse.  I'm talking about people reaping what they themselves have actually sown.

Again, please see above. I see a lot of good being sown by people and an awful lot of crap being reaped by these same people. I see a lot of people wanting to do good and actually doing good. Lots of sacrifices by believers and unbelievers alike.

cp
For it is God who works in us to will and to do of His good pleasure.

Offline claypot

• Bronze
« Reply #1259 on: April 02, 2009, 03:54:01 PM »
That supports what I stated Bob that Jesus was the sacrifice for Israel and that His prayer about being forsaken was applicable to those to whom He was the sacrifice for = Israelites.

Paul

The way I read it, God laid the penalty of our sins on Jesus Christ which would include all the curse of the law, including dying for our sins and being forsaken for our sins.

Being this thread is already so long that it just doesn't matter anymore may I please jump in with a few questions?

God laid the penalty of our sins on Jesus Christ.

Let me get back to the basics and ask what this means. What sins did and do people do that are so terrible as to need to have them penalized in the first place. I know and have known a lot of people in my time and most of them are great people.

I sure can't imagine anything they have done that even remotely comes close to requiring Jesus to die so horribly on the cross.

Now as to.....

The way I read it, God laid the penalty of our sins on Jesus Christ which would include all the curse of the law, including dying for our sins and being forsaken for our sins.

People are under the curse of the law. What in the world does this mean? Sounds horrible. What ever did little newborn Jonny do to merit such condemnation?

cp

Claypot, newborn Jonny was born as a child of Adam and a member of the body of Adam, thus newborn Jonny has acquired the death sentence as a result.  Jonny, had no other need to commit a sin for he already has it.  Just like all those born into the body of Christ have Life, so all those born from the body of Adam shall have death.  God passed a Judgement - the Great Judge has spoken and He has sentenced us all to death.  All of us born of the body of Adam that is (of Adam's seed).  Jesus was not born of the seed of Adam but of the seed of God, His Father in Heaven and thus not under that Judgment.

Paul

So, newborn Jonny really did nothing wrong? Just born and even that he didn't ask to be. He acquires the death sentence, God has spoken. Doesn't this sound a bit weird (and unfair for Jonny) even for God? What should Jonny praise God for? If someone conked me on the head and threw me in the middle of the ocean and then later came and saved me I don't think I would be thanking him for saving me, at least not how we thank God for saving us.

Why did God sentence us all to death Paul? I am being serious here. We use certain phrases that sometimes lose their meaning to describe something I don't think we truely understand and then we have huge discussions over them.

Again, in plain english, what did Adam do that was so wrong?

cp

trettep

« Reply #1260 on: April 02, 2009, 04:55:16 PM »
So, newborn Jonny really did nothing wrong? Just born and even that he didn't ask to be. He acquires the death sentence, God has spoken. Doesn't this sound a bit weird (and unfair for Jonny) even for God? What should Jonny praise God for? If someone conked me on the head and threw me in the middle of the ocean and then later came and saved me I don't think I would be thanking him for saving me, at least not how we thank God for saving us.

Why did God sentence us all to death Paul? I am being serious here. We use certain phrases that sometimes lose their meaning to describe something I don't think we truely understand and then we have huge discussions over them.

cp

Be more specific - what seems unfair?  Is it unfair that we die now?   God sentenced us to death when we took of the forbidden fruit (we are of the body of Adam).  But let's go further, did you know we all murdered Christ also?  Did not He have to come and die for ALL - that ALL would include Jonny.  And if someone says they didn't murder Christ then that means they haven't killed their passover Lamb.  So then next time anyone wants to put down a murderer as if they are above them, they better think twice.  We ALL killed Jesus.  We are ALL murderers.  So was that fair? - for God to make us all murderers?  Jonny, is a murderer by nature as soon as he is born.  We all are.

Paul

Offline sheila

• Gold
« Reply #1261 on: April 02, 2009, 05:22:23 PM »

Hi Cp;

Say your a grown man with wisdom. You have a young son you are raising to manhood. You desire to guide him in
a good way. You tell him the dangers of something,and warn
him not to do it.  Your child is very naive and tied up with the foolishness of youth,not able to see ahead what certain consequences are..you may tell him,but he does not really know what they are.

enter an enemy of the wise man.He is a killer at heart.
  He sneaks into the boys life..and starts telling him how his father has it all wrong....that he can DO what the father has warned about..without that bad consequence..that father said would happen.That in fact the son was grown up and could choose for himself if this was good for him. The boy rebels
against his father..under the influence of that enemy.

the death came because the son didn't heed the warning..
  the father gave the warning to protect the son from harm.

Now the father gets a clue to what is going on, he speaks warnings and further warnings..but it falls on deaf ears.

well the fathers love for his son is flaming..he's gonna do everything to save his sons life in his power. He did not give his warning or command to destroy his son, but to protect him.

All he wants is his son back,alive and well. Mercy will triumph
over any judgement as to the sons disobediance.

If anybody is going to be judged harshly in this matter,by
 the father it is going to be that man with the killers heart.

the father may severely chastise his son for not listening to

him, bringing home the danger that his very life was in

and that the killer's sole purpose was to destroy

him ,because he didn't listen.and alienate him from dad

nothing will stop that father from recovering his sons life,

if he finds him dead..he will do mouth to mouth recessatation

[give the breath of life into his body] until he returns to life

the sabbath was made for the benefit of man, not man

made for the benefit of the sabbath

the law was made for the benefit of man,also, it showed the

killer for what he was,lawless, and broke the command to honor

the father that the son should have kept[fathers protection]

newborn Jonny has been born naive..and suceptible to

develope a spirit of rebellion in him against the wisdom of his

father that can and does endanger his life. that spirit

will cause him to reject his father[and wisdom/protection]

and follow in a way that is not good. and put his very life in

danger.

Little Jonnys big brother who was obediant was sent looking

for his little brother, He found him and placed his self smack

dab between the enemy and the little brother.He rebuked

the enemy  to his face, told little Jonny how much dad loved

him  and was greived over him[heartbroken] The enemy

struck out and stabbed the big brother,and gave a greivous

wound to the big brother. The big brother died recovering his

little brother.

a few days later,the big brothers father brought him back to

life. He wasn't going to lose either one of them, He was really

wise,and he could do anything!

little Jonny realized a lot of things from that horrible

expierence. He was reunited with his family in love...

he realized the deep love his father had for him and his

brother...and the hate  that was inside the enemys heart

that acted like a freind or mentor to him..was exposed

I'm not saying this little scenario I painted above is a perfect

rep of what has occured, but I hope you can get the gist of it.

Offline claypot

• Bronze
« Reply #1262 on: April 02, 2009, 05:53:33 PM »

cp

Be more specific - what seems unfair?  Is it unfair that we die now?   God sentenced us to death when we took of the forbidden fruit (we are of the body of Adam).  But let's go further, did you know we all murdered Christ also?  Did not He have to come and die for ALL - that ALL would include Jonny.  And if someone says they didn't murder Christ then that means they haven't killed their passover Lamb.  So then next time anyone wants to put down a murderer as if they are above them, they better think twice.  We ALL killed Jesus.  We are ALL murderers.  So was that fair? - for God to make us all murderers?  Jonny, is a murderer by nature as soon as he is born.  We all are.

Paul

Maybe it seems unfair we die at all. You say we took of the forbidden fruit. What does that mean? I did not personally murder Christ. I was born 50 plus years ago. I didn't kill Him. Why do you say that? Paul, maybe someone way back in your family history stole a horse. I would never accuse you of being a horse thief and I wouldn't advocate hanging you for it now. Why is God condemning me for something some guy did a long time ago?

Paul, I am playing a bit of the Devil's advocate here but I am really asking to get back to earth here. Do we know what we are talking about when we talk of God and His ways? I wonder sometimes.

cp

Offline Cardinal

• < Moderator >
« Reply #1263 on: April 02, 2009, 05:58:06 PM »

And when a female is born her eggs are already formed,

they just need to ripen

:cloud9: Sheila, this spoke to me as to why He is already in man, but not "awakened" in all until they acknowledge Him as Lord of their life.  :thumbsup: Blessings....
"I would rather train twenty men to pray, than a thousand to preach; A minister's highest mission ought to be to teach his people to pray." -H. MacGregor

Offline claypot

• Bronze
« Reply #1264 on: April 02, 2009, 06:04:04 PM »

Hi Cp;

Say your a grown man with wisdom. You have a young son you are raising to manhood. You desire to guide him in
a good way. You tell him the dangers of something,and warn
him not to do it.  Your child is very naive and tied up with the foolishness of youth,not able to see ahead what certain consequences are..you may tell him,but he does not really know what they are.

enter an enemy of the wise man.He is a killer at heart.
  He sneaks into the boys life..and starts telling him how his father has it all wrong....that he can DO what the father has warned about..without that bad consequence..that father said would happen.That in fact the son was grown up and could choose for himself if this was good for him. The boy rebels
against his father..under the influence of that enemy.

the death came because the son didn't heed the warning..
  the father gave the warning to protect the son from harm.

Now the father gets a clue to what is going on, he speaks warnings and further warnings..but it falls on deaf ears.

well the fathers love for his son is flaming..he's gonna do everything to save his sons life in his power. He did not give his warning or command to destroy his son, but to protect him.

All he wants is his son back,alive and well. Mercy will triumph
over any judgement as to the sons disobediance.

If anybody is going to be judged harshly in this matter,by
 the father it is going to be that man with the killers heart.

the father may severely chastise his son for not listening to

him, bringing home the danger that his very life was in

and that the killer's sole purpose was to destroy

him ,because he didn't listen.and alienate him from dad

nothing will stop that father from recovering his sons life,

if he finds him dead..he will do mouth to mouth recessatation

[give the breath of life into his body] until he returns to life

the sabbath was made for the benefit of man, not man

made for the benefit of the sabbath

the law was made for the benefit of man,also, it showed the

killer for what he was,lawless, and broke the command to honor

the father that the son should have kept[fathers protection]

newborn Jonny has been born naive..and suceptible to

develope a spirit of rebellion in him against the wisdom of his

father that can and does endanger his life. that spirit

will cause him to reject his father[and wisdom/protection]

and follow in a way that is not good. and put his very life in

danger.

Little Jonnys big brother who was obediant was sent looking

for his little brother, He found him and placed his self smack

dab between the enemy and the little brother.He rebuked

the enemy  to his face, told little Jonny how much dad loved

him  and was greived over him[heartbroken] The enemy

struck out and stabbed the big brother,and gave a greivous

wound to the big brother. The big brother died recovering his

little brother.

a few days later,the big brothers father brought him back to

life. He wasn't going to lose either one of them, He was really

wise,and he could do anything!

little Jonny realized a lot of things from that horrible

expierence. He was reunited with his family in love...

he realized the deep love his father had for him and his

brother...and the hate  that was inside the enemys heart

that acted like a freind or mentor to him..was exposed

I'm not saying this little scenario I painted above is a perfect

rep of what has occured, but I hope you can get the gist of it.

Good stuff Sheila. I know I'm not perfect and need and want saving from much ignorance and vanity but I think I could be saved from much of my foolishness without God Himself having to be tortured and killed. A good talking to and some perfect love and attention might do the trick especially if the one doing it all is God Himself.

Hey, that brings up another question that I hope fits here. When God speaks things happen, right? He said let there be light and light appeared. Jesus said to the water.........be wine, and wine appeared. Jesus said to Matthew, follow me and Matthew followed. Now God says to Adam.............Don't eat of the tree...............and Adam eats! What happened here?

cp

Offline sheila

• Gold
« Reply #1265 on: April 02, 2009, 06:11:03 PM »
 hey CP

the mouth of another spirit spoke that into being

Card,

yes!!

trettep

« Reply #1266 on: April 02, 2009, 06:27:53 PM »
Maybe it seems unfair we die at all. You say we took of the forbidden fruit. What does that mean? I did not personally murder Christ. I was born 50 plus years ago. I didn't kill Him. Why do you say that? Paul, maybe someone way back in your family history stole a horse. I would never accuse you of being a horse thief and I wouldn't advocate hanging you for it now. Why is God condemning me for something some guy did a long time ago?

Paul, I am playing a bit of the Devil's advocate here but I am really asking to get back to earth here. Do we know what we are talking about when we talk of God and His ways? I wonder sometimes.

cp

We took of the forbidden fruit.  We are all in Adam so his sin is ours.  If you didn't murder Jesus Christ then you don't have a passover sacrifice.  And there is no other passover lamb than Christ.  See I am the thief, I am the murderer, I am the child molester, I'm all the evil that there is.  I am SATAN.  And Christ has come to destroy me (the me that must die) in order to give me Life.  He is going to do this by destroying my works.  So walking with God is to no longer walk according to my ways which are evil (the works of Satan) but instead I will be performing His works.

Paul

trettep

« Reply #1267 on: April 02, 2009, 06:30:24 PM »
Good stuff Sheila. I know I'm not perfect and need and want saving from much ignorance and vanity but I think I could be saved from much of my foolishness without God Himself having to be tortured and killed. A good talking to and some perfect love and attention might do the trick especially if the one doing it all is God Himself.

Hey, that brings up another question that I hope fits here. When God speaks things happen, right? He said let there be light and light appeared. Jesus said to the water.........be wine, and wine appeared. Jesus said to Matthew, follow me and Matthew followed. Now God says to Adam.............Don't eat of the tree...............and Adam eats! What happened here?

cp

God is making His own Kind.  His own Kind has the knowledge of Good and Evil.  So if Adam and Eve are to be His kind they must acquire the knowledge of Good and Evil.  They did that when they took of the forbidden fruit.  See it was intended for them to take of the forbidden fruit. 

Paul

Offline sheila

• Gold
« Reply #1268 on: April 02, 2009, 06:33:25 PM »
  p.s.

even though a mouth of another spirit spoke that seed into being,Father also prophesied about the Lamb that was slain from the foundation of the earth

another thing CP a parent and child are so intertwined..

that if a child suffers..so does the Parent  a parent can not

and will not be happy unless the child is well

I went through years of agony with my daughter...I tell you

it almost literally killed me. Boy was that ever a cross bore by

me...I was bound to that cross/tortue stake by nothing but

LOVE

Offline Molly

• Gold
« Reply #1269 on: April 02, 2009, 06:37:55 PM »

cp

God is making His own Kind.  His own Kind has the knowledge of Good and Evil.  So if Adam and Eve are to be His kind they must acquire the knowledge of Good and Evil.  They did that when they took of the forbidden fruit.  See it was intended for them to take of the forbidden fruit. 

Paul
I always thought that was a set up. lol

But, God provided Adam, with the breath of God, not deceived, without sin,--so that Eve wouldn't enter into the holy of holies without blood.

Hebrews 9:7
But into the second went the high priest alone once every year, not without blood, which he offered for himself, and for the errors of the people:

Offline claypot

• Bronze
« Reply #1270 on: April 02, 2009, 06:44:26 PM »
hey CP

the mouth of another spirit spoke that into being

Card,

yes!!

I hear ya Sheila. Most of the absurd stuff I think and speak come from who knows where!!!! I, of course, always hope and trust my thoughts and words AND QUESTIONS are ordered of the Lord.

What do you think though, why didn't God's word come to pass with Adam in regards to the tree? Seemed like a direct command and not a suggestion. Also does it say the God said.......Don't eat but when you eat.......? Sounds like God planned on him eating.

cp

Offline claypot

• Bronze
« Reply #1271 on: April 02, 2009, 06:47:31 PM »
Dealing with some real evil right now so got to run but I am finding this helpful.

cp

trettep

« Reply #1272 on: April 02, 2009, 06:50:18 PM »
I always thought that was a set up. lol

But, God provided Adam, with the breath of God, not deceived, without sin,--so that Eve wouldn't enter into the holy of holies without blood.

Hebrews 9:7
But into the second went the high priest alone once every year, not without blood, which he offered for himself, and for the errors of the people:

In the beginning was the Rib and the Rib was with Adam and the Rib was Adam.

Adam and Eve are a type.  I believe that as the Rib is from Adam so is the Word from God.  Eve is comprised of the flesh of Adam, likewise, the Word of God is comprised of the Spirit of God.  The Rib comes from from Adam, likewise, the Word of God comes forth from God.  Same with Jesus and the Church.  The Church is the body of Christ.  It is comprised of His Spirit.

Adam and Eve were purposed to have taken of the forbidden fruit.  If God didn't want them to take of it then we know what God would have done - He would have treated the forbidden tree like He did the Tree of Life after they took of the forbidden fruit.

Paul

Offline sheila

• Gold
« Reply #1273 on: April 02, 2009, 07:01:07 PM »
 Hi CP

God knew there was an adversary[rebellious spirit/serpent]

in the garden,too, Nothing was hidden from Him.

He completely foresaw it all...and made provisons beforehand

we realize that fruit from the tokogae basically choked or

strangled us[cut off breath placed in Adam by God]

but He was there to do CPR[CHRIST PROMISED

RESURRECTION]  He had the cure already prepared before

the poison[ed tougne] was given

Offline Cardinal

• < Moderator >
« Reply #1274 on: April 02, 2009, 08:27:45 PM »
 :cloud9: Yep, we were set up...... :winkgrin:
"I would rather train twenty men to pray, than a thousand to preach; A minister's highest mission ought to be to teach his people to pray." -H. MacGregor