Author Topic: Will  (Read 24437 times)

Online jabcat

• Admin
  • SINNER SAVED BY GRACE
Re: Will
« Reply #100 on: December 02, 2012, 10:29:26 PM »
Once again, I believe we're required to make choices within parameters God sets, and that man does have "a" will.  However, I also believe man choosing to use his will is still much different than having a will that's "free", totally without constraints or influence. 

I'm in the process of looking at instances where "free will" is translated in a few scriptures in some translations.  I'm wondering if the translation is accurate, or if certain translators added their own preconceived notions.  Here's the actual word-for-word greek in a couple of instances where some translations have added "free will";  I do see man using his will in these scrips, his "self-preference", but not sure why it would be translated as "free" will.  There may in fact be some instances of accurate translation (no expert, as best I can tell) of free will, if so, then we're back to "what does it mean, how free is free, total, limited, etc., etc."  :).  It's very interesting to think about and discuss, but I guess great minds have been disagreeing about it for oh, a couple thousand years or so :).

Greek word-for-word;

2 corinthians 8:3  that according to ability i may be witnessing and over ability self-preferences

2 corinthians 8:17  that the indeed beside-calling he-receives more diligent yet belonging self-preference he-out-came toward you
« Last Edit: December 02, 2012, 11:42:15 PM by jabcat »
Neither should there be vulgar speech, foolish talk, or coarse jesting--all of which are out of character--but rather thanksgiving.  Eph. 5:4  **  Saved 1John 3.2, Eph. 2:8, John 1:12 - Being saved 2Cor. 4:16 2Peter 3:18 - Will be saved 1Peter 1:5 Romans 8:23

Offline ded2daworld

• Silver
  • What if today we were just grateful for everything
« Reply #101 on: December 02, 2012, 11:21:26 PM »
"FREE Will"

No matter how free your will is, you can't break the physical laws of the universe* or override God's will.

*Try flying to the moon without a suit or rocketship, try staying underwater for three days without air, try to just plain WILL your heart to stop. All is within God's parameters.

Better yet WILL yourself not to sin at all in thought, word, or deed for 3 days staright. Free will is an illusion.
"Why do so many people think that the Bible is only inspired at certain points -  and that  THEY are inspired to pick out which points?"

Online Lazarus Short

• Bronze
  • The truth points to itself. -Kosh Naranek
« Reply #102 on: December 02, 2012, 11:25:49 PM »
Free will is an illusion.

Yes, but it is a very attractive illusion...or is that delusion?? :dontknow: :dunno2: :dontknow:
Socrates taught Plato.  Plato taught Aristotle.  Aristotle tutored the son of Philip of Macedon.  This boy grew up to become Alexander the Great, largely by slaughtering a lot of people.  That's philosophy.

Jesus spoke the Truth.  He blessed the poor.  He healed the sick.  He even raised the dead.  He died on a cross for us, lived again, and came back long enough to tell us to love one another.  That's religion.

Offline VineBranch

« Reply #103 on: December 03, 2012, 12:46:03 AM »
In the course of a full lifetime we gradually cycle through about 13 bodies.
Could you show me where that is written?  Doctor Who only got 12.

The soul is not an independent substance. ...Spirit, soul, and body are not things we have, but are rather what we are, and they together make one.

For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?  Mar 8:36
Or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul? Mar 8:37
And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment. Mar 12:30
And saith unto them, My soul is exceeding sorrowful unto death: tarry ye here, and watch. Mar 14:34
Now is my soul troubled; and what shall I say? Father, save me from this hour: but for this cause came I unto this hour. Joh 12:27
And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell. Mat_10:28

I see a lot of possessive adjectives here.

The soul can also be considered as either carnal, from devotion to the physical and it's lusts and senses, or the soul, agreeing with and walking around after the spirit, assists in subjecting the body to the spirit.
The soul can be seen as carnal, or the soul?  I don't understand.

Offline VineBranch

« Reply #104 on: December 03, 2012, 12:54:18 AM »
Probably the most common definition of free will is the "ability to make choices without any prior prejudice, inclination, or disposition.." - Theopedia, An Encyclopedia of Christianity

I dare say that's true.  It would correspond to the Arminian mixed with Wesely and through the Methodists, and held by Bapist theologians.  That's a fair mix of North American and Reformation advocates.

Am I allowed to call you brother?  Being the new guy, I wouldn't want to take liberties or assume.

Online jabcat

• Admin
  • SINNER SAVED BY GRACE
« Reply #105 on: December 03, 2012, 01:30:09 AM »
Probably the most common definition of free will is the "ability to make choices without any prior prejudice, inclination, or disposition.." - Theopedia, An Encyclopedia of Christianity

I dare say that's true.  It would correspond to the Arminian mixed with Wesely and through the Methodists, and held by Bapist theologians.  That's a fair mix of North American and Reformation advocates.

Am I allowed to call you brother?  Being the new guy, I wouldn't want to take liberties or assume.

No matter what else - if we've been reconciled to God through His Son, then I'd say we're brothers.   :handshake:
Neither should there be vulgar speech, foolish talk, or coarse jesting--all of which are out of character--but rather thanksgiving.  Eph. 5:4  **  Saved 1John 3.2, Eph. 2:8, John 1:12 - Being saved 2Cor. 4:16 2Peter 3:18 - Will be saved 1Peter 1:5 Romans 8:23

Online Lazarus Short

• Bronze
  • The truth points to itself. -Kosh Naranek
« Reply #106 on: December 03, 2012, 01:58:06 AM »
No matter what else - if we've been reconciled to God through His Son, then I'd say we're brothers.   :handshake:

+1

As Jesus the Christ is first among many brethren.  :iagree:
Socrates taught Plato.  Plato taught Aristotle.  Aristotle tutored the son of Philip of Macedon.  This boy grew up to become Alexander the Great, largely by slaughtering a lot of people.  That's philosophy.

Jesus spoke the Truth.  He blessed the poor.  He healed the sick.  He even raised the dead.  He died on a cross for us, lived again, and came back long enough to tell us to love one another.  That's religion.

Offline ded2daworld

• Silver
« Reply #107 on: December 03, 2012, 03:43:24 AM »
We are all descended from Adam, We all have the same Father, we will one day all be family. I'd think we were brothers.
"Why do so many people think that the Bible is only inspired at certain points -  and that  THEY are inspired to pick out which points?"

Offline VineBranch

« Reply #108 on: December 03, 2012, 04:13:56 AM »
+1
As Jesus the Christ is first among many brethren.  :iagree:
We are all descended from Adam, We all have the same Father, we will one day all be family. I'd think we were brothers.

Thanks Guys.  That means a lot to me.

Offline reFORMer

• < Moderator >
  • Psalm 133
« Reply #109 on: December 03, 2012, 07:02:32 AM »
The soul is not an independent substance. ...Spirit, soul, and body are not things we have, but are rather what we are, and they together make one.

For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?  Mar 8:36
Or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul? Mar 8:37
And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment. Mar 12:30
And saith unto them, My soul is exceeding sorrowful unto death: tarry ye here, and watch. Mar 14:34
Now is my soul troubled; and what shall I say? Father, save me from this hour: but for this cause came I unto this hour. Joh 12:27
And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell. Mat_10:28

I see a lot of possessive adjectives here.
I understand I can consider myself as larger than the sum of my parts.  I can think of myself as with or without a hand.  If I lose a hand I didn't lose myself.  My hand is not me; yet, if my hand touches you, I touched you.

It seems, from 1 Co 15, the Adamic human is made a living soul.  The soul, (Greek:  psyche) is predominant.  But the new human, what is joined to the Lord, born of His Spirit, is predominantly spirit.

1 Corinthians 1544-45, CLT
44 It is sown a soulish body; it is roused a spiritual body.
45 If there is a soulish body, there is a spiritual also. Thus it is written also, The first man, Adam, "became a living soul:" the last Adam a vivifying Spirit.

A much fuller Biblical treatment than any other source I've seen on spirit, soul, and body is in the 3 vol. work now published in one volume called The Spiritual Man by Watchman Nee (The Stream Publishers.)  I have only read some of it.

The soul can also be considered as either carnal, from devotion to the physical and it's lusts and senses, or the soul, agreeing with and walking around after the spirit, assists in subjecting the body to the spirit.
The soul can be seen as carnal, or the soul?  I don't understand.
The soul that sins dies.  To obtain a soul that remains we must destroy whatever thought, will, or emotion is disposed to the flesh against Jesus and the gospel.  There is a spiritual soul.

I like the example of a light bulb representing the body.  When electricity, which represents the spirit, flows in the filament, the result is light and heat, representing the soul.  Even in this illustration, heat is not a substance and light is both wave (insubstantial energetic) and particle.

In the Greek language "spirit," pneuma, is BLOW-effect, "soul," psyche is COOL-ic, and "body," soma, is BODY.  The spirit (wind) blows on the water (what comprises 3/4 of the body) and the result is a cooling (soul.)

Romans 85-6, 9-10, CLT
5 For those who are in accord with flesh are disposed to that which is of the flesh, yet those who are in accord with spirit to that which is of the spirit.
6 For the disposition of the flesh is death, yet the disposition of the spirit is life and peace,
. . . . . . .
9 Yet you are not in flesh, but in spirit, if so be that God's spirit is making its home in you. Now if anyone has not Christ's spirit, this one is not His.
10 Now if Christ is in you, the body, indeed, is dead because of sin, yet the spirit is life because of righteousness.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2012, 07:09:32 AM by reFORMer »
I went to church; but, the Church wasn't on the program!  JESUS WANTS HIS BODY BACK!!  MEET WITHOUT HUMAN HEADSHIP!!!

Offline VineBranch

« Reply #110 on: December 03, 2012, 07:47:09 AM »
The soul that sins dies.  To obtain a soul that remains we must destroy whatever thought, will, or emotion is disposed to the flesh against Jesus and the gospel.  There is a spiritual soul.

In your penultimate post you said:  "The soul is not an independent substance.  It is 'becoming' from the union of spirit and body".  Don't these two ideas contradict each other?

How can a soul possibly sin if it is the union of spirit and body?  How can there be a spiritual soul, if one of the those aspects is required to make the other?  If half of the soul's parentage is by definition opposed to God (the flesh), how could we even talk about a soul resisting sin?

Could you please spend some time explaining the 13 bodies, I am dying to know how that works.

goodreport

« Reply #111 on: December 04, 2012, 05:56:56 PM »
Perspective means so much.

Left to chose? So sad indeed. When would God leave us to choose? He is a Father. He guides us, He woos us, He disciplines us for our own good- and he oversees our choices, leaving with every temptation a way of escape. What parent would leave their child to choose. Perhaps step back a bit with a watchful eye.... Perhaps for a particularly rebellious child to stay a little closer and to brandish the rod on occasion.

And what are we choosing. Love, grace, Him, one another :o)

God never leaves us- "For in Him we live and move and have our being"........altho he may hide his face from us for a moment in order to catch our attention, He will never forsake us.

If we confess our sins He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
If we walk in the light, as He is in the light, we have koinonea together and the blood of Jesus cleanses us from all sin.

God is teaching us to walk with Him and we are growing to love Him more and more....and learning to choose love among ourselves over knowledge, power, the praises of men, etc.

"That you may be one even as I and the Father are one, the Father in me and I in the Father and you in me"

IMO, it is ALL.....God's sovereign will and our formative will as children of men wherever the dividing lines are......about union and communion- that God may be ALL IN ALL.

It  is in such a covenant of love that we become fit ministers of reconciliation, finally knowing what spirit we are of.

Just thought I'd offer an OT verse and an old hymn that indicate much of what you're sharing in your post eaglesway...  I told a very dear friend recently that in my case, imo means I am old!!!

1 Chron 4:10  Oh that Thou wouldest bless me indeed, and enlarge my coast, and that Thine hand might be with me.

I DO NOT ASK TO CHOOSE MY PATH  (Zelley, Songs of love and praise, 1894)

I do not ask to choose my path,
Lord, lead me in Thy way;
Inspire each thought, and prompt each word,
And make me a blessing today.

Refrain
Bless me, Lord, and make me a blessing;
I'll gladly Thy message convey.
Use me to help some poor, needy soul,

Around me, Lord, are sinful men,
Who scorn and disobey;
Use me to win them from their sins,

Refrain

To those who once Thy love have known,
But now are far astray;
Help me to win them back to Thee,

Refrain

Some saints of Thine are in distress,
And for deliv'rance pray;
Oh, let me go and help them, Lord,

Refrain

Whatever errand Thou hast, Lord,
Send me, and I'll obey.
Use me in any way THOU WILT,

Offline dajomaco

« Reply #112 on: December 04, 2012, 07:36:39 PM »
I think the free will issue is best described as a time issue.

The Past When we look to the past we something that has already happened.
If it has already happened and we can't go back in time to change it.
What ever happened was either a fluke controlled by no ones will.
or it was the perfect will of God .
I choose to see thinks in the past as being the will of God
after all if it has happened and God I sovereign over all it must be according to his will.

The future
 In the future my mind has the sane right to think about or imagine what will happen.
If I decide to pick up a cup of coffee I used my free will which God has given me
I can argue sanely that it was my free will in action and in demonstration.

The difference between now, and the past or future is a timing issue
The actual line between the imitate future and the immediate past is a
very very very thin line .
This line is so thin that only the sword of the Spirit can split it.
This is where Gods will and mans will meet.
It is through the Holy Spirit that we can distinguish between
the will of God and the will of Man.

I f and when my will and the will of God are the same.
for that moment or second or ½ hour or days .
I am a son of God made manifest.   

Offline dajomaco

« Reply #113 on: December 04, 2012, 07:48:34 PM »
 But since that faith has come, we are no longer under a guardian, 26 for you are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus.

Offline ded2daworld

• Silver
« Reply #114 on: December 04, 2012, 10:16:04 PM »
Just to throw one more spice into this soup bowl of opinions:
Job 12:10 - Every animal that lives and everyone who breathes— they are all under God's power.

Offline dajomaco

« Reply #115 on: December 05, 2012, 02:21:01 AM »
I saw The Brothers in Arm.
I knew I was supposed to look at the hole group.
I took a quick glance at one of the brothers.
I noticed he had a scar
I regained my focus.
When I looked at The Brothers in Arms.
I noticed what looked like a scar.
When All the Brothers Were in Arms .
The scar reminded me of another scar.
I scar I had never really seen.
The scars started to look like the scars of my LORD.
This is a call to All Brothers on Arm

Offline reFORMer

• < Moderator >
  • Psalm 133
« Reply #116 on: December 08, 2012, 10:13:17 AM »

Scripture says, "The soul that sins dies."  Inability to think right or to recognize truth, jerked around by deceptive and ever changing emotions, unable to make a commitment...these are some common aspects of "psychical," that is, soul death.  Jesus says, "For whosoever may be wanting to save his soul will be destroying it, yet whoever shall be destroying his soul on account of Me and of the evangel will be obtaining it." (Mark 835, CLT)  Defining what more inward workings of the soul identifies Jesus' disciples, this was an explanation and expansion on what He had just said, "...If anyone is wanting to come after Me, let him renounce himself and pick up his cross and follow Me." (vs., 34)

Jesus began His public ministry with a message of repentance.  "Jesus came into Galilee, heralding the evangel of the kingdom of God, saying that "Fulfilled is the era, and near is the kingdom of God!  Repent, and believe in the evangel!" (Mark 114-15, CLT)  Though commonly translated "repentance," the Greek word is actually a MIND word.  The English "repent" comes from the Sanscrit pu from which we also get our word "pure."  It is difficult to disassociate the idea "to purge" or "make clean" from repent.  We've been taught what repentance means is to (mentally) admit sin is bad, be (emotionally) sorry for sin and to (willfully) turn away from sin.  Thus we are purified.  The various functions of soul in general are not indicated by the Greek metanoia.  This is about the source of consciousness.  It literally means to "change-MIND,"  or, "after-MIND,"   Whatever awareness of ourselves, who we are, where we are, what we do is known initially by what our family, our school, our culture or religion has told us.  And, "As a human thinks in his heart, so is he."  We find ourselves with a certain self-consciousness God's illumination makes to be of a previous nature or self.  Because of what His showing up means to us we have a mind after our former knowing, an "after-mind."  Our change puts us in accordance with God's rule.

In your penultimate post you said:  "The soul is not an independent substance.  It is 'becoming' from the union of spirit and body".  Don't these two ideas contradict each other?

As previously explained, the breath or spirit of God is substance and the body made of physical material is substantial.  For Adam, the spirit breathed into the body produced a soul.  Nephesh (Hebrew) or psyche (Greek,) the "soul" is the result of these two substances interacting and is not in itself a substance.  Beyond my light from electricity in a bulb analogy, or even the Greek words for spirit, soul, and body, another example is God.  The Father is unmanifest, unseen. "The only begotten Son in the bosom of the Father has explained Him." (John 118.)  Christ is "the image of the invisible God." (Colossians 115)  What produces "Christ," that is, "The Anointed," is the Holy Spirit, Who is "The Anointing."  The manifestation of the invisible God is God the Son which is produced by God the Spirit.  In this the Father may be compared to the soul.  We know from Psalm 911 that the Father is El-Elyon and the mother is El-Shaddai.  From elsewhere we know Jesus is the incarnation of IEUE.

How can a soul possibly sin if it is the union of spirit and body?  How can there be a spiritual soul, if one of the those aspects is required to make the other?  If half of the soul's parentage is by definition opposed to God (the flesh), how could we even talk about a soul resisting sin?

Jesus has for ever sanctified incarnation.  Not only was he made flesh, we have His words after resurrecting immortal.  "Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have." (Luke 2439, KJV)  So also the earliest form of the Apostles' Creed has faith in "The resurrection of the flesh" as a non-negotiable basic to identify as a genuine Christian.

Yet, "To be given over to the flesh is death but to be given over to the spirit is life and peace." (Romans 86)  The hierarchy of Adam's trinity of personality has soul primary.  "The new man homo novae is the Lord from heaven."  This "enlivening spirit" (1 Corinthians 15) is foremost over the three-fold hierarchy of the second man, it being born again.  The first possible resurrection is that of the spirit when we are born from above.

Could you please spend some time explaining the 13 bodies, I am dying to know how that works.

Every day what is it? more than 2 1/2 million cells? die off and are replaced.  The lining of the stomach and the gastrointestinal tract is replaced about every 2 weeks.  While it is a gradual process, through the course of a lifetime the average person cycles through about 13 bodies.  These are not separate individual bodies, as I say, it is a gradual process, slower with bone than softer tissues.  So, you could probably say you've become a completely other physical entity than you were a decade ago.  This truth affects what we can understand about the resurrection.  There is a flow of material into us and out from us, like God.  The material its self is from the stars.  This succession of copies in itself is a kind of resurrection.  When harpazo-ed, seized, possessed by God, the process will no more be degenerative, if it even continues.  We also have a daily resurrection as we awake from sleep.  These are all opportunities for exercising faith for healing, prolonged life and our transformation into the image of God as must happen.  "For this mortal must put on the immortal."
« Last Edit: December 10, 2012, 04:31:47 AM by reFORMer »
I went to church; but, the Church wasn't on the program!  JESUS WANTS HIS BODY BACK!!  MEET WITHOUT HUMAN HEADSHIP!!!

Offline ded2daworld

• Silver
« Reply #117 on: December 08, 2012, 02:54:27 PM »
According to the medical literature, it is approx. 7 years. Our thoughts aren't material so our thinking doesn't change :laugh:

Offline VineBranch

« Reply #118 on: December 08, 2012, 06:02:48 PM »
Every day what is it? more than 2 1/2 million cells? die off and are replaced.  The lining of the stomach and the esophagus is replaced about every 2 weeks.  While it is a gradual process, through the course of a lifetime the average person cycles through about 13 bodies.

Ah, thanks.  We go throught the equivalent of 13 bodies, not that we actually have 13 different bodies:  got it.

According to the medical literature, it is approx. 7 years. Our thoughts aren't material so our thinking doesn't change :laugh:

That's the same number we were told ded.  But I thought it was that we sloughed off all our skin cells in a seven year cycle.

Offline ded2daworld

• Silver
« Reply #119 on: December 08, 2012, 09:38:41 PM »
Like reformer said, every cell has a different life span, some are renewed in a few hours, the longest in the bone can take up to seven years. We have seven layers of skin. The top layer gets worn out, rubbed off, burnt, otherwise used up and the 2 nd layer becomes the first. That's the degree of burns thing. First degree is the top layer, 2 nd degree is the next layer, third degree is the next layer. If the top three layers are burned off on more than 80-85% of the body, the person can't survive.

...Unless they are in hell of course, there, God not only burns you, but keeps you alive so that you can enjoy the torture.
Nice God -but don't cross him. :laugh: I'm glad God isn't really like that at all. :dsunny:

Offline sheila

• Gold
« Reply #120 on: December 09, 2012, 05:20:42 AM »
what is IEUE?

the other day I came across something in my research. Enoch and Elijah being 'taken' by God is the same word

'seized"  Really enjoying this thread..thanks

Offline reFORMer

• < Moderator >
  • Psalm 133
« Reply #121 on: December 09, 2012, 06:59:24 AM »
what is IEUE?

The Divine name, The Tetragammatron, is a 4 letter word.  Hebrew letters are:  Yod Heh Vav Hey, represented as JHVH (all consonants) or, as A.E. Knoch discovered, IEUE (all vowels) and pronounced "Yahweh."  Some have been viciously divisive over various ways you can use your nose, mouth, tongue and throat to say this word.  I'm sure this is displeasing to God.  The principle way God's name is used in vain is to claim to be a believer in Him without agreeing to His standards of behavior.  The King James Version usually represents it with all capital letters as LORD.  In the 1901 American Standard Version the made up name Jehovah was used.  This was created by combining the vowels from the word the KJV translates as God, which is Elohim, with the consonants JHVH.  This name of Yahweh, 4 letters in the original, occurs over 7,000 times in the Hebrew scripture.

The Hebrew, Yeshuah, meaning "Salvation of Yah," is the name Englishmen call Jesus.  From the following scriptures it is revealed that Jesus is the incarnation of Yahweh:

Exd 15:2     The LORD [Yahweh] [is] my strength and song, and he is become my salvation [Yeshuah]: he [is] my God, and I will prepare him an habitation; my father's God, and I will exalt him.

Psa 118:14     The LORD [Yahweh] [is] my strength and song, and is become my salvation  [Yeshuah].

Psa 118:21     I will praise thee: for thou hast heard me, and art become my salvation.

Isa 12:2     Behold, God [is] my salvation; I will trust, and not be afraid: for the LORD JEHOVAH [is] my strength and [my] song; he also is become my salvation.

Books have been written on the names of God.  I'm not here to compete.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2012, 07:32:08 AM by reFORMer »

Offline Molly

• Gold
« Reply #122 on: December 09, 2012, 07:55:32 AM »

(Ex 15:2)
(Psa 118:14)
(Isa 12:2)  song hâyâh Y'shû‛âh  <=========  The new song?

Offline eaglesway

• < Moderator >
  • Grace & Peace be multiplied unto you, in Jesus
    • Hell is a Myth.com
« Reply #123 on: December 09, 2012, 07:57:51 AM »
He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. For by him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things were created by him and for him. He is before all things, and in him all things hold together. And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy. For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him, and through him to reconcile to himself all things, whether things on earth or things in heaven, by making peace through his blood, shed on the cross.
(Col 1:15-20)

For in Christ all the fullness of the Deity lives in bodily form, and you have been given fullness in Christ, who is the head over every power and authority.
(Col 2:9-10)

The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the One and Only, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth. John testifies concerning him. He cries out, saying, "This was he of whom I said, 'He who comes after me has surpassed me because he was before me.'" From the fullness of his grace we have all received one blessing after another.
(Joh 1:14-16)

In the Father's fulness He became head of evry power and authority. From His fulness have we all received and are becoming Joint heirs.

Rev 3:21  To him who overcomes, I will give the right to sit with me on my throne, just as I overcame and sat down with my Father on his throne.

Rev 21:7  He who overcomes will inherit all this, and I will be his God and he will be my son.

And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb and word of their testimony and they loved not their lives unto death.
The Logos is complete, but it is not completely understood. hellisamyth.com

Offline Molly

• Gold
« Reply #124 on: December 09, 2012, 08:10:00 AM »

Y'shû‛âh is his favorite name for himself.  THAT is how important we are to him.

Therefore God also highly exalted him
and gave him the name
that is above every name,

so that at the name of Jesus
every knee should bend,
in heaven and on earth and under the earth,
and every tongue should confess
that Jesus Christ is Lord,
to the glory of God the Father.

---Phil 2

Psalm 8 - "O LORD, our Lord, How excellent is Your name in all the earth."