Author Topic: Will the Adversary be saved?  (Read 3905 times)

Offline claypot

• Bronze
Re: Will the Adversary be saved?
« Reply #25 on: December 01, 2010, 09:09:25 PM »
If this question has been asked, please lead me in the proper direction. Thank you :bigGrin:

Will the adversary-satan- be saved in the end?

to me that's like asking will sin be saved but if the adversary you are thinking of is a flesh and blood being in need of salvation then by all means God will save him or her.

do you see the adversary as a him or her?

cp
For it is God who works in us to will and to do of His good pleasure.

Offline thinktank

• Silver
« Reply #26 on: December 01, 2010, 09:51:58 PM »
It occured to me last night, if the aversary be saved what's the purpose of the cross?

Because all could be saved by using the refiners fire, so why bother with the cross?

Offline Cardinal

• < Moderator >
« Reply #27 on: December 01, 2010, 10:35:47 PM »
 :cloud9: The refiner's fire IS the cross. The literal cross He went to was a natural physical representation (as was the brazen altar) of what takes place in the Spirit and the heart of man, the soul. My  :2c: Blessings....
« Last Edit: December 01, 2010, 10:43:45 PM by Cardinal »
"I would rather train twenty men to pray, than a thousand to preach; A minister's highest mission ought to be to teach his people to pray." -H. MacGregor

Offline claypot

• Bronze
« Reply #28 on: December 01, 2010, 11:31:13 PM »
:cloud9: The refiner's fire IS the cross. The literal cross He went to was a natural physical representation (as was the brazen altar) of what takes place in the Spirit and the heart of man, the soul. My  :2c: Blessings....

sheesh card, you took the words right out of my mouth but you arranged them so much better than I probably would have.

cp

Offline Cardinal

• < Moderator >
« Reply #29 on: December 02, 2010, 12:25:57 AM »
 :cloud9: :thumbsup: :girlheart:
"I would rather train twenty men to pray, than a thousand to preach; A minister's highest mission ought to be to teach his people to pray." -H. MacGregor

Quaesitor

« Reply #30 on: December 02, 2010, 01:06:20 AM »
I believe it depends of what you believe the Scriptures says about the Adversary.
If it's a spiritual power working in men for evil, the it'll die along with Adam because adversity has no part in Christ.
If it's a being, then God created him like He created us and God will restore everything which means Satan also.

No created being will be rejected by God because LOVE is the source of all creation and infinite tourment has no part in love.

Paul Hazelwood

« Reply #31 on: December 02, 2010, 01:18:17 AM »
I believe it depends of what you believe the Scriptures says about the Adversary.
If it's a spiritual power working in men for evil, the it'll die along with Adam because adversity has no part in Christ.
If it's a being, then God created him like He created us and God will restore everything which means Satan also.

No created being will be rejected by God because LOVE is the source of all creation and infinite tourment has no part in love.

The issue may be if being saved is the same as being reconciled.   Salvation seems to only be directed towards human beings.

Reconciliation of all things may be as simple as Satan simply being converted to another form.   If the earth as a physical planet is to be reconciled back to God, the earth does not require salvation the same as us, but it may simply be converted back to God or the essense of what God is.

Just some thoughts.

Quaesitor

« Reply #32 on: December 02, 2010, 01:51:22 AM »
I believe salvation is a misunderstood concept, even I have trouble with it, I think mainstream christianity is guilty of that misunderstanding.
I think UR people mostly understand that we're not saved from hell or any eternal destiny but we're saved from sin and the result of sin is death. Salvation is about wholeness and life, the life which is in Christ. Reconciliation with God is what gives us this life and this life makes us whole, free, healed, etc...
Spiritually, that is.
So if Satan is ever a being in need of reconciliation, then we can say he'll be saved, made whole, restored to whatever he was before.

Offline claypot

• Bronze
« Reply #33 on: December 02, 2010, 02:45:01 AM »
my point exactly.

cp

The Beautiful Heresy

« Reply #34 on: December 02, 2010, 08:03:47 PM »
Yes, I believe so. Why not save satan? After all he is also a creation of God .   :Chinscratch:

Offline claypot

• Bronze
« Reply #35 on: December 03, 2010, 04:53:17 PM »
is 'he'?

is 'he' even a he?

cp

Offline Beloved Servant

• Gold
  • David's sling
« Reply #36 on: December 03, 2010, 05:08:33 PM »

"She" seems more accurate.

But it's a spirit, a he, of whom she partakes.

Offline Beloved Servant

• Gold
  • David's sling
« Reply #37 on: December 03, 2010, 06:13:50 PM »

Then the passion conceives, and becomes the parent of sin; and sin, when fully matured, gives birth to death.
                                                                                                                                                            James1:15 (Weymouth)

Offline ded2daworld

• Silver
  • What if today we were just grateful for everything
« Reply #38 on: December 03, 2010, 07:14:08 PM »
Just as God used Josephs brothers to acheive an end, God uses Satan to acheive an end. God used Judas to achieve an end. Josephs brothers will be saved, Judas will be saved, and Satan will be reconciled for God will reconcile ALL things unto himself.
"Why do so many people think that the Bible is only inspired at certain points -  and that  THEY are inspired to pick out which points?"

Offline claypot

• Bronze
« Reply #39 on: December 03, 2010, 08:28:06 PM »
Just as God used Josephs brothers to acheive an end, God uses Satan to acheive an end. God used Judas to achieve an end. Josephs brothers will be saved, Judas will be saved, and Satan will be reconciled for God will reconcile ALL things unto himself.

God also uses the sun, moon and stars and donkey's to achieve an end. God uses anger, love, and joy to achieve an end. It doesn't follow that anger, joy and love will be saved does it? i'm not sure anger can be reconciled to God. anger will cease to exist when no longer needed.

cp

Offline micah7:9

• Gold
  • Mic 7:8 Thou dost not rejoice over me, O mine ene
« Reply #40 on: December 03, 2010, 08:59:06 PM »
Col 1:20  and through him to reconcile the all things to himself--having made peace through the blood of his cross--through him, whether the things upon the earth, whether the things in the heavens.
Mic 7:8  Thou dost not rejoice over me, O mine enemy, When I have fallen, I have risen, When I sit in darkness Jehovah is a light to me.

Offline fire walker

« Reply #41 on: December 03, 2010, 11:45:51 PM »
Being that "the wrath (anger) of man works NOT the righteousness of God" it appears that the refiners fire is burning off the wrath to deliver the inner longing for  peace and rest that rsides within man from wrath, this from personal point of view is the grace of God at work delivering man from his/her negative while developing his/her positive

All pictures start out with a negative and are developed in the dark to produce a positive, so is the negative saved? is it saved only to develope into the positive?  or is there a falling short now occuring as in electricity where negative is coming into contact with the positive at a premature point  that is in need of repair so that the negative does not hinder the positive poll before it can be discharged at the destination appointed, then negative balances with the positive poll and the two become one clean circuit  to produce unhindered positive power?  Only the positive can retain a charge, a negative charge is not retained for long before it is demished and passes away.When there is a short the negative prematurely
drains power from the positive so that some of if not most of positive in the circuit falls short of reaching the job of producing light.

Just some thoughts here using things that are seen in in the natural to point out that the negative has had a place and a job to do in the world. when the Job is completed is it not possible that negative shall be saved in order to have a complete and clean circuit
free of falling short?

Fire Walker
« Last Edit: December 18, 2010, 07:36:35 AM by fire walker »
If in this life only we have hope in Christ we are of all men most miserable.

1Cr 14:19

Offline claypot

• Bronze
« Reply #42 on: December 03, 2010, 11:59:44 PM »
Col 1:20  and through him to reconcile the all things to himself--having made peace through the blood of his cross--through him, whether the things upon the earth, whether the things in the heavens.

good words fw.

micah, what are you trying to communicate here by using the words above? are you implying that unrighteous anger is a thing that will be reconciled to God? is this kind of anger a thing upon the earth or in the heavens?

cp

Offline Cardinal

• < Moderator >
« Reply #43 on: December 04, 2010, 12:40:16 AM »
 :cloud9: Glad to see you posting again, Firewalker  :thumbsup:

The Beautiful Heresy

« Reply #44 on: December 04, 2010, 01:51:42 AM »
"She", that is interesting. I never saw the devil as a 'she'...  :JCThink: :Chinscratch:

The Beautiful Heresy

« Reply #45 on: December 04, 2010, 01:52:57 AM »

Yeah, that is what he said..  :nod:

Offline claypot

• Bronze
« Reply #46 on: December 04, 2010, 02:04:09 AM »

hey bh, who or what are you answering here? if you are aswering me i don't understand what you are implying. do u c anger as a person?

cp

Offline Beloved Servant

• Gold
  • David's sling
« Reply #47 on: December 04, 2010, 06:54:21 AM »
"She", that is interesting. I never saw the devil as a 'she'...  :JCThink: :Chinscratch:

Probably much more often than you think!

The Beautiful Heresy

« Reply #48 on: December 04, 2010, 07:01:55 AM »

hey bh, who or what are you answering here? if you are aswering me i don't understand what you are implying. do u c anger as a person?

cp

I was saying that is what "he" (God) said. I have no clue what you are talking about.....??  :dontknow:

The Beautiful Heresy

« Reply #49 on: December 04, 2010, 07:04:55 AM »

Probably much more often than you think!

Really? How is that?