Author Topic: Why is it so hard for some to believe ALL go to Heaven oneday?  (Read 40671 times)

Offline Nathan

• Gold
Re: Why is it so hard for some to believe ALL go to Heaven oneday?
« Reply #375 on: December 02, 2008, 07:46:59 PM »
The reason we believe a mind as cold as Hitler was renewed as well as redeemed is because to say that until you personally "acknowledge" Jesus died, you will spend eternity anywhere is to say that your mind is more powerful than the work of the cross.  Whether my mind acknowledges it or not, I am redeemed.  And if I acknowledge it now, then I have the power to release heaven on earth, find my destiny in Christ, have peace that inexplicably passes all logic regardless of my status or tribulation, and I become a part of the functioning plan of God as he now can flow his river of life and love through me into others.

If I don't acknowledge Jesus is Christ, then there is still the consequence of experiencing the refinement to enable the redemption to have affect in me by way of the burning of my chaff, wood, hay, straw . . .all my carnal reasoning and soulishness removed so that all that is left is the life that came from him in the first place.  My mind is not stronger than the cross.

Offline Molly

• Gold
« Reply #376 on: December 02, 2008, 07:48:57 PM »
It's meaningful to Jesus that some will die in their sins.  He warned the Pharisees of this.  Hitler died in his sins.  He never repented.  He never tried to make it better.  He never showed a contrite heart for the suffering and death he brought upon the world. 

Who won't die in that manner?

You and I won't die in our sins.  You and I have crossed over to eternal life right now--as soon as we believed.

Then what significance is there to the sins we still commit?   How do we fully believe in that sense if we do not follow his commandments 100%?

What does Paul tell us?  "Follow after, pursue, stretch oneself into, press forward, run the race..."

Does that sound passive?

What does Jesus tell us?

Luke 9:23

And he said to them all, If any man will come after me,  let him deny himself,  and take up his cross daily, and follow me.

Paul Hazelwood

« Reply #377 on: December 02, 2008, 07:52:17 PM »
It's meaningful to Jesus that some will die in their sins.  He warned the Pharisees of this.  Hitler died in his sins.  He never repented.  He never tried to make it better.  He never showed a contrite heart for the suffering and death he brought upon the world.

How will God get Hitler into the kingdom of God?  How will God keep Hitler from continuing in the same sin in the resurrection?

You say you obtained mercy, not a superior free will.  Is the liberty you have in Christ of no effect then?

What keeps you from being Hitler?  A financial backer?

Does our physical circumstance of having not been a part of physically killing millions cause us to not be the same as Hitler in terms of Sin?

Offline Nathan

• Gold
« Reply #378 on: December 02, 2008, 07:53:05 PM »

You and I won't die in our sins.  You and I have crossed over to eternal life right now--as soon as we believed.

Then what significance is there to the sins we still commit?   How do we fully believe in that sense if we do not follow his commandments 100%?

You really think you can follow the commandments 100%???  The key here is to stop being sinconscious and just pursue Christ . . ."in" that pursuit, he will deal with your faults and failures . . .all you need to do is two things . . .love God and love your neighbor . . .don't make this so complicated.  If you have accepted Christ, why continue to "worry" that what you've been given can be taken away.  Those concepts are man-made, not God ordained.

Let me be as clear as I can with this . . .For those who have accepted Christ into their lives, they are no longer bound by the law of sin.  Your sin is not held against you from a standpoint of righteousness.  Surely sin has other consequences in your life, but losing your place in the body of Christ is not one of them.  If you focus on your sin, you've missed the purpose of the cross.  If you pursue Christ, you won't be so concerned about your sin . . .because as far as God is concerned, it not only is forgotten . .but there's an account that takes care of the sins that you don't even know about yet.

The blood of the Lamb is just that powerful.

Paul Hazelwood

« Reply #379 on: December 02, 2008, 07:57:03 PM »

What does Paul tell us?  "Follow after, pursue, stretch oneself into, press forward, run the race..."

Does that sound passive?

What does Jesus tell us?

And he said to them all, If any man will come after me,  let him deny himself,  and take up his cross daily, and follow me.

Yes what did Paul tell us?  

Ro 7:20 Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.

Offline Molly

• Gold
« Reply #380 on: December 02, 2008, 07:59:03 PM »

How will God get Hitler into the kingdom of God?  How will God keep Hitler from continuing in the same sin in the resurrection?

You say you obtained mercy, not a superior free will.  Is the liberty you have in Christ of no effect then?

What keeps you from being Hitler?  A financial backer?

Does our physical circumstance of having not been a part of physically killing millions cause us to not be the same as Hitler in terms of Sin?
For those who are running entire countries into the ground and for those who are sweeping the streets of said countries,  the commandment from God is the same:  Repent.

Why did Jesus say it was so hard for the rich man?  Because he thinks he is giving himself everything he needs or wants.  He thinks he has no need of God.  He has put himself in the place of God.  But, the street sweeper can do the same, kicking the wife and kids when he gets home at night.

Paul Hazelwood

« Reply #381 on: December 02, 2008, 07:59:55 PM »
You really think you can follow the commandments 100%???  

No, not why I asked the question.   I do not think anyone can, that is my point in asking the question as Molly seemed to imply that Hitler died in his sins but a believer does not.

Offline Molly

• Gold
« Reply #382 on: December 02, 2008, 08:01:51 PM »

Does that sound passive?

What does Jesus tell us?

Ro 7:20 Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.

It doesn't end there.

Romans 8

For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.

Paul Hazelwood

« Reply #383 on: December 02, 2008, 08:01:59 PM »
For those who are running entire countries into the ground and for those who are sweeping the streets of said countries,  the commandment from God is the same:  Repent.

Is not true belief required first?

Does someone "saying" they believe in a God make it true in their heart?

Offline Molly

• Gold
« Reply #384 on: December 02, 2008, 08:03:00 PM »

No lol.  Following his commandments makes it true.

You will know them by their fruit.

Paul Hazelwood

« Reply #385 on: December 02, 2008, 08:03:05 PM »

Does that sound passive?

What does Jesus tell us?

It doesn't end there.

Romans 8

For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.

So Jesus is the difference, but who's responsibility is it to believe in Christ?

Offline Molly

• Gold
« Reply #386 on: December 02, 2008, 08:05:15 PM »

Does that sound passive?

What does Jesus tell us?

It doesn't end there.

Romans 8

So Jesus is the difference, but who's responsibility is it to believe in Christ?

I will not put Hitler at the feet of God, as if Hitler didn't know right from wrong.

Paul Hazelwood

« Reply #387 on: December 02, 2008, 08:08:35 PM »

No lol.  Following his commandments makes it true.

You will know them by their fruit.

So, how can we really tell?  Why will these people say this?

How do I know this will not be me?

Mt 7:22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

Mt 7:23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

« Last Edit: December 02, 2008, 08:11:07 PM by Paul Hazelwood »

Paul Hazelwood

« Reply #388 on: December 02, 2008, 08:10:46 PM »

Does that sound passive?

What does Jesus tell us?

It doesn't end there.

Romans 8

I will not put Hitler at the feet of God, as if Hitler didn't know right from wrong.

Who's responsibility is it to believe?

Paul Hazelwood

« Reply #389 on: December 02, 2008, 08:13:18 PM »

Knowing something is wrong or right is based upon what?   What does thinking something is wrong have to do with belief in Christ?

There are many a professing Atheists who believe murder is wrong and do not commit murder physically.  So how does that mean anything concerning Christ?

Offline Nathan

• Gold
« Reply #390 on: December 02, 2008, 08:17:20 PM »
I'll agree that both may die in their sins technically, but the believer is covered, the sinner is not.  The believer foregoes any further refining, an unbeliever does not.  My mind can not change the outcome of the redemptive work of the cross, but it can change the process that every fallen man must go through to be purified.  It can come through the cross on my behalf, or it can come through the lake in a realm my carnal mind still can not fully grasp.

If there was no cross, there would be no lake of fire to purify . . .it all still must go through Christ.  But that's a silly observation in that it's really impossible to separate the lake from the cross.  The lake was in the framework for Moses when God had him build the tabernacle . . .the tabernacle is a type and shadow of Christ himself . .the lake is "within" the tabernacle . . .it's just one small piece to the entire body.

This thread is so busy it's hard to keep up with all the one lined comments.  

It is up to the individual . . .it is not up to me to be sure you know it's up to you.

You don't need to . .it's not your responsibility, Jesus blood is great enough to cover Hitler's evilness just as much as he covers mine.

No lol.  Following his commandments makes it true.

For me, following the commandments is merely a symptom of faith.  It is "because" I believe in my heart that I speak with my mouth.  It is "because" my thoughts have been transformed that my actions change also.  If your fruit does not live up to my standards of a Christian . .it does not give me the right to approach you and tell you so . .that would be attempting to remove tares that are supposed to be left until all things come into the maturity of God.  If I interfere with that, I can damage the wheat in the process.

So, how can we really tell?  Why will these people say this?

How do I know this will not be me?

Mt 7:22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

Mt 7:23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Because these people put their identity in their labor, in their ministry works and not in relationship.  It's not what I do, but who he proclaims I am that is truth.

Paul Hazelwood

« Reply #391 on: December 02, 2008, 08:22:32 PM »

It is up to the individual . . .it is not up to me to be sure you know it's up to you.

I do not believe so.   God draws, Jesus Chooses, God imparts a measure of faith.   We are saved by Grace through faith (faith given by God, we do not create our own faith).  It is not of ourselves.

Offline Nathan

• Gold
« Reply #392 on: December 02, 2008, 08:45:40 PM »
Never said faith comes from me, I said it is my choice, my responsiblity to "exercise" that faith.

Offline Tony N

• Bronze
    • Saviour of All Fellowship
« Reply #393 on: December 02, 2008, 08:51:59 PM »
 The type of control I envision God doing on a day to day basis would be more like training than controlling, except God is the perfect trainer. God knows exactly how I will respond to each lesson.  God knows exactly what I will choose in any situation.  But God is not "controlling" like on a leash, He is interacting with my will and choices as flawed as they are.  Sometimes though, God does control by force like when he put Jonah inside of a fish.  But that's the extreme, not the norm.

Bob, or anyone, if you are in a prison cell, are you free to leave any time you want? I know you can say you have a will that is free to do what you want IN the cell but that is not within the scope of the point I am making. Are you free to leave the cell whenever you want?

God has violated every man's will and locked up their minds in a way that they are not free to be persuaded as to the truth.

God has His own prison. And He locks up all mankind in that prison. Are they free to leave when they "chooooooooooose" to?
"God locks up all in unpersuadableness that He should be merciful to all" (Romans 11:32).

Do they have a free will to unlock their minds and be persuaded concerning the truth? Are their wills more powerful than God's will to imprison them against their wills?

"seeing that out of Him and through Him and for Him is all: to Him be the glory for the eons! Amen!" Rom 11:36

Just because God says He will save all mankind
does not necessarily mean He won't.

Offline Nathan

• Gold
« Reply #394 on: December 02, 2008, 09:21:54 PM »
 The type of control I envision God doing on a day to day basis would be more like training than controlling, except God is the perfect trainer. God knows exactly how I will respond to each lesson.  God knows exactly what I will choose in any situation.  But God is not "controlling" like on a leash, He is interacting with my will and choices as flawed as they are.  Sometimes though, God does control by force like when he put Jonah inside of a fish.  But that's the extreme, not the norm.

Bob, or anyone, if you are in a prison cell, are you free to leave any time you want? I know you can say you have a will that is free to do what you want IN the cell but that is not within the scope of the point I am making. Are you free to leave the cell whenever you want?

God has violated every man's will and locked up their minds in a way that they are not free to be persuaded as to the truth.

God has His own prison. And He locks up all mankind in that prison. Are they free to leave when they "chooooooooooose" to?
"God locks up all in unpersuadableness that He should be merciful to all" (Romans 11:32).

Do they have a free will to unlock their minds and be persuaded concerning the truth? Are their wills more powerful than God's will to imprison them against their wills?

"seeing that out of Him and through Him and for Him is all: to Him be the glory for the eons! Amen!" Rom 11:36

Had they not exercised their will, they would not have been imprisoned, yes?  It is not God's will that we be imprisoned.  But that is the process that "we" must experience so that we can enter into the freedom of life.  Not so sure I'd say God "violated" my will.  I think the violation came through disobedience in Adam.  I was born into that disobedience . . into that violation and through Christ, the door is again opened . .but the passage you use is addressing what transpires when we choose to close that open door . . .we then imprison ourselves and Jesus words are again fulfilled.

Matthew 13
To those who listen to my teaching, more understanding will be given, and they will have an abundance of knowledge. But for those who are not listening, even what little understanding they have will be taken away from them.

Offline willieH

• Read Only
« Reply #395 on: December 02, 2008, 09:26:00 PM »
For me, there is a choice given to us.  I have the freedom to choose whether to walk in blessings or curses.  To walk in blessing is to pursue Christ.  To walk in curses is to embrace the works of the flesh.  It's up to me whether or not I wish to have the umbrella of God over me or not.  But at the same time, to say that I have a choice whether I wish to spend all of eternity in hell or heaven is a totally different matter.

Don't you find somewhat of a contradition in those two?  How is God going to get you into His kingdom if you keep "free willingly" choose the curses?  Is God powerless to save because He gave you a "free" will?  Or does God's sovereignity extend over your will?  God can either can or can not alter a sinful heart that would continue choosing the curses ad infinitum.

John 8:21

Then said Jesus again unto them,  I go my way, and ye shall seek me, and shall die in your sins; whither I go, ye can not come.

You know NO SUCH THING Molly!  How can YOU KNOW that in his last moments, Hitler ABSOLUTELY did NOT REPENT???  :dontknow:

You KNOW nothing of what you SAY above concerning Hitler... You only repeat the hearsay of others... which also do NOT KNOW...  Only God KNOWS for sure!  :dontknow:

In any event, it is NOT our place to EVALUATE the life of another!  For in that EVALUATION, we are making a comparison of that person to OURSELVES... (pot calling the kettle black!)

JESUS PLAINLY said to JUDGE NOT (Matt 7:1)... Yet you continue in thread after thread to JUDGE Hitler... "Willingly" DISOBEYING a DIRECT command from CHRIST...   :sigh:

If you "die" before asking forgiveness of your judgment of Hitler (repenting), you shall "die in your sins" as well...  :sigh:

peacE...
willieH    :handshake:

Paul Hazelwood

« Reply #396 on: December 02, 2008, 09:28:21 PM »
Never said faith comes from me, I said it is my choice, my responsiblity to "exercise" that faith.

Your responce was in answer to the question who's responsibility is it to believe in Christ.

I do not believe we are responsible for that "belief".   Excersizing our faith is not the same thing.

pneuma

« Reply #397 on: December 02, 2008, 09:38:36 PM »
There is a time and place for everything

In this age and the ages that proceeded this age man has a free will to choose life or death.

God's kingdom has not yet been established in the EARTH for Jesus taught us to pray thy kingdom come thy WILL be done on EARTH as it is in heaven.

A very strong indication that Gods WILL is not YET being done in the EARTH.

And His WILL, will not be done until He sets up His kingdom in the EARTH as it is in heaven.

God has long cried to His people O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, which killest the prophets, and stonest them that are sent unto thee; how often would I have gathered thy children together, as a hen doth gather her brood under her wings, and YE WOULD NOT!

It is obvious that it is God's WILL to gather His children together unto Himself but the children were not willing to be gathered.

We read

2 Peter 3:9
9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

&

Isaiah 46:10
10 Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure:

Yet we also read that people perish even though it is Gods will that none perish.

1 Corinthians 1:18
18 For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.

Luke 13:3
3 I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish.

So what is going on?

God says He is not willing that any perish but its also obvious that people perish according to the scriptures.

It because there is a TIME and PLACE for everything.

So let read these scriptures again and see if we can glean a understanding of what seems to be warring scriptures.

2 Peter 3:9
9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

&

Isaiah 46:10
10 Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure:

In both the above scriptures God is looking ahead to the kingdom age when He has set up His kingdom on EARTH. This is seen in that He is not slack concerning His PROMISES and that He declared the end from the beginning the things that are not YET DONE.

It is when the seventh angel sounds; and The kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of our Lord, and of his Christ; that none shall perish and all His counsel that He declared from the beginning shall stand. Rev.11:15

And it is to this I believe the problem of free will stems, people are mixing up the ages of past and present with the age that is to come when God will create a new heaven and earth and His WILL, will be done in heaven and EARTH.

Now it has been stated by some that God wanted man to be disobedient, for how else could he know the difference between good and evil. What! Did Jesus then have no understanding of good and evil? Was He not always obedient to the Father?

One does not have to be disobedient to the Father in order to have the knowledge of good and evil.

Some may argue and say but God made man the way he is ( I also used to believe this) therefore God can be said to be the author of mans sins.

But lets learn from the parable of the sower of seeds.

The kingdom of heaven is likened unto a man which sowed good seed in his field: 25But while men slept, his enemy came and sowed tares among the wheat, and went his way. 26But when the blade was sprung up, and brought forth fruit, then appeared the tares also. 27So the servants of the householder came and said unto him, Sir, didst not thou sow good seed in thy field? from whence then hath it tares? 28 He said unto them, An enemy hath done this

He that soweth the good seed is the Son of man; 38 The field is the world;  the good seed are the children of the kingdom; but the tares are the children of the wicked one; 39 The enemy that sowed them is the devil;

God sowed GOOD seed into the field and the devil came along and sowed tares among the wheat.

Thus when we look back to the garden we see that man was good (mortal but good)for when He looked at His creation He proclaimed all things good, and the serpent came and sowed tares within the field.

This is why the scriptures proclaim he that committeth SIN is of the DEVIL. 1Jn.3:8

Therefore those who state God created man with tares in him make God and the Devil one and the same being, thus blaspheming the God who made us.

I know some might take issue with me saying they are blaspheming God because they are saying God created man with tares in him, but just read Mt.12:22-37 and ask yourself if you are not doing after the same manor only in reverse. For the Pharisees said that the works of Jesus were of the devil and some here hold the works of the Devil (the tares in man) to be the works of God.

Brothers and sisters Gods PLAN was NEVER in Adam it has and always will be in Christ.

Christ is our PATTERN, not ADAM, yet so many see Gods plan through ADAM, thinking that God wanted man to sin, yet it is Christ that came to show us Gods PLAN and as He is our PATTERN the beginning and the end of Gods PLAN concerning man.

God bless, and if I offended any it was not my intent.

2 Corinthians 7:8
8 For though I made you sorry with a letter, I do not repent,  though I did repent: for I perceive that the same epistle hath made you sorry,  though it were but for a season.   

Offline willieH

• Read Only
« Reply #398 on: December 02, 2008, 09:44:51 PM »

The "POOF" Gospel...  :thumbdown:

CHRIST is the "author and finisher" of FAITH... and is NO RESPECTER of PERSONS... which means EACH gets EQUAL audience and treatment with GOD, within HIS PURPOSES for man... and therefore, EACH SINNER has no right to question the method of GOD in the life of another, instead, if anything, ...we should be about asking His MERCY be initiated in their circumstances...  :cloud9:

peacE...
willieH    :angelharp:  

Offline Molly

• Gold
« Reply #399 on: December 02, 2008, 09:45:03 PM »
JESUS PLAINLY said to JUDGE NOT (Matt 7:1)... Yet you continue in thread after thread to JUDGE Hitler... "Willingly" DISOBEYING a DIRECT command from CHRIST...  

If you "die" before asking forgiveness of your judgment of Hitler (repenting), you shall "die in your sins" as well...  

2Do ye not know that the saints shall judge the world? and if the world shall be judged by you, are ye unworthy to judge the smallest matters?

3Know ye not that we shall judge angels? how much more things that pertain to this life?

1 Cor 6