Author Topic: why i think universalism is the only way of real justice  (Read 822 times)

Offline sven

why i think universalism is the only way of real justice
« on: December 01, 2008, 09:23:10 PM »
the holocaust is an "good" example

as catholic orthodoxy might believe, Hitler or some Nazis could go to heaven or only to purgatory, while Jews, communists, roma and sinti (dont know what religion they commonly have) and homosexuals go to hell - could this be justice?

sure most believe Hitler goes to hell, but if so do the Jews, communists, roma, sinti, homosexuals - could this be justice?

if they all are annihilated, sure no human have the right to live eternal - but would this be justice?

i would be in favour for annihilationism if the bible would teach the good and all who had a bad live go to "heaven" no matter what they believe and the wicked will be destroyed.

but as the Bible teaches only the believers are saved at first, i have the opinion it would be unjust if Jews, Muslims and good people who had the wrong religion would be destroyed. when thinking about this matter, allways this verse comes in my mind:

Genesis 18,25

That be far from thee to do after this manner, to slay the righteous with the wicked: and that the righteous should be as the wicked, that be far from thee: Shall not the Judge of all the earth do right?

i think only if all humans will be saved at last, and everybody be punished arcording to his deeds, this would be real justice, so that all unjestness will be retaliated.
How will there be justice if all unbelievers, no matter what people they were, are destroyed or worse?

Yes, that be far from thee HaSchem to do after this manner, to slay the victim with the offender: and that the victim should be as the offender, that be far from thee HaSchem: Shall not the Judge of all the earth do right?