Author Topic: When did Christ die?  (Read 934 times)

Offline micah7:9

• Gold
  • Mic 7:8 Thou dost not rejoice over me, O mine ene
When did Christ die?
« on: September 28, 2012, 06:59:50 PM »
Would this be a true statement?

"Christ's incarnation was his real death; that when he entered into this fallen state he entered into a condition of death, and was in that condition all the time he tabernacled in the flesh, i.e. from his birth to his resurrection. When I speak then of the "death of Christ" I do not mean his physical death on the cross but his real death while he was in this fallen state;......."
Mic 7:8  Thou dost not rejoice over me, O mine enemy, When I have fallen, I have risen, When I sit in darkness Jehovah is a light to me.

Offline WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
Re: When did Christ die?
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2012, 08:34:11 PM »
If so how would it relate to the sign of Jonah.

OTOH it's also said His whole ministry was preaching to the dead in prison. (Jews entangled in their laws)
Maybe the 3 years were His death?
1 Timothy 2:3-4  ...God our Savior;  Who will have all men to be saved...
John 12:47  And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.
Romans 4:5 But to the one who does not work, but believes in the one who declares the ungodly righteous ...

Offline Lazarus Short

• Bronze
  • The truth points to itself. -Kosh Naranek
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2012, 06:24:16 PM »
As a descendant of Adam in the human realm, Jesus was alive, because when He made Adam and breathed into the body the breath of life, Adam became a LIVING soul.  Therefore, all of Adam's descendants were also living souls, from the human standpoint.  Jesus as JHVH (Behold the Hand, Behold the Nail) then, created the genetic line into which He, Himself would be born.  After the tree of the knowledge of good & evil incident, I think it is safe to say that God views us as dead, in a sense, dead in sin, but just alive enough to receive forgiveness.  I suspect that when we are glorified, we will be so much more alive, that our present existence will seem like death to us, so much so that we will forget about the whole thing.   
Socrates taught Plato.  Plato taught Aristotle.  Aristotle tutored the son of Philip of Macedon.  This boy grew up to become Alexander the Great, largely by slaughtering a lot of people.  That's philosophy.

Jesus spoke the Truth.  He blessed the poor.  He healed the sick.  He even raised the dead.  He died on a cross for us, lived again, and came back long enough to tell us to love one another.  That's religion.

• Gold
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2012, 09:00:06 PM »
Would this be a true statement?  No, the statement is not true. Thank you

"Christ's incarnation was his real death; that when he entered into this fallen state he entered into a condition of death, and was in that condition all the time he tabernacled in the flesh, i.e. from his birth to his resurrection. When I speak then of the "death of Christ" I do not mean his physical death on the cross but his real death while he was in this fallen state;......."
Mic 7:8  Thou dost not rejoice over me, O mine enemy, When I have fallen, I have risen, When I sit in darkness Jehovah is a light to me.

Offline ded2daworld

• Silver
  • What if today we were just grateful for everything
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2012, 04:39:40 PM »
To elaborate on it is not a true statement by Micah 7:9 Christ was not in a "fallen" state (He never "fell" into sin) but was reckoned by the Father as sin itself when the sins of all humanity were placed on him at the cross. It was only at that time Chist felt the disconnectedness from the Father that sin causes. "My God, My God, why have you forsaken me." Jesus felt know conciousness of sin until that time since he was in unbroken, constant fellowship with the Father.
Who said that quote anyway? Just curious. Sometimes knowing the author of the quote will tip you off whether the quote is LIKELY (not guaranteed) to be true, false, silly, unbiblical, blasphemous or with an agenda:Peace2:
« Last Edit: September 30, 2012, 04:47:07 PM by ded2daworld »
"Why do so many people think that the Bible is only inspired at certain points -  and that  THEY are inspired to pick out which points?"

• Gold
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2012, 06:06:04 PM »
To elaborate on it is not a true statement by Micah 7:9 Christ was not in a "fallen" state (He never "fell" into sin) but was reckoned by the Father as sin itself when the sins of all humanity were placed on him at the cross. It was only at that time Chist felt the disconnectedness from the Father that sin causes. "My God, My God, why have you forsaken me." Jesus felt know conciousness of sin until that time since he was in unbroken, constant fellowship with the Father.
Who said that quote anyway? Just curious. Sometimes knowing the author of the quote will tip you off whether the quote is LIKELY (not guaranteed) to be true, false, silly, unbiblical, blasphemous or with an agenda:Peace2:

First, "but was reckoned by the Father as sin itself when the sins of all humanity were placed on him at the cross."
Jesus was NEVER RECKONED by the Father as sin itself.
Jesus was a SIN OFFERING, big difference, Jesus knew no sin 1Pet. 2:22.
11 Cor.5:21 For the One not knowing sin, He makes to be a sin offering for our sakes that we may becoming God's righteousness in Him. (CLT)

The quote was from "Why Did Christ Die." A. P. Adams  Note: I have wrestled much with the statement.

Offline ded2daworld

• Silver
  • What if today we were just grateful for everything
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2012, 06:31:29 PM »
Were the sins of all put on Christ?
Did the Father reckon the unrighteous as righteous?
Did the Father reckon Christ the righteous as unrighteous?
"Christ, who knew no sin, became sin"
I don't always express what I mean clearly. Thankyou Micah
"Why do so many people think that the Bible is only inspired at certain points -  and that  THEY are inspired to pick out which points?"

Offline rosered

• Gold
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2012, 08:13:30 PM »
Were the sins of all put on Christ?
Did the Father reckon the unrighteous as righteous?
Did the Father reckon Christ the righteous as unrighteous?
"Christ, who knew no sin, became sin"
I don't always express what I mean clearly. Thankyou Micah
      when did   we see the innocent  killed for the guilty ?

it was  expressed as the Lamb / slain from the foundation of the world

first picture   being  abel   slain for   a righteous  offering  to God and Cains being rejected
 and slain for it 

Jesus   Christ  body  and blood  being shed ,  as a Lamb/innocent blood /life ,   being  put to death for sin    is from the begining    to me
    many cannot see it   like this  , but the Life  has Risen  for all time   at the ressurection of the dead  in Christ  , even now /   Jesus says I am the resurrection and the Life !   that  foundational work  was done from the begining of the world and in the earth

Mat 23:35 That upon you may come all the righteous blood shed upon the earth, from the blood of righteous Abel unto the blood of Zacharias son of Barachias, whom ye slew between the temple and the altar.

Hbr 11:4 By faith Abel offered unto God a more excellent sacrifice than Cain, by which he obtained witness that he was righteous, God testifying of his gifts: and by it he being dead yet speaketh

Hbr 12:25 See that ye refuse not him that speaketh. For if they escaped not who refused him that spake on earth, much more [shall not] we [escape], if we turn away from him that [speaketh] from heaven: .
Jhn 3:31 He that cometh from above is above all: he that is of the earth is earthly, and speaketh of the earth: he that cometh from heaven is above all.  

wow ! :dsunny: