Author Topic: What is the Word of God?  (Read 23349 times)

Offline Molly

• Gold
Re: What is the Word of God?
« Reply #50 on: June 18, 2008, 11:17:04 PM »
Jesus not only tells us what love is, he shows us.

John 15:13
Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.

1 John 3:16
Hereby perceive we the love of God, because he laid down his life for us: and we ought to lay down our lives for the brethren.

Michele

« Reply #51 on: June 18, 2008, 11:29:00 PM »
Good post Molly!

Makes me think of how we are all so loved and so very many of us don't even know it, and we forget sometimes.  He gave His life for ALL of us. That is what Love is...so true...:HeartThrob:

Mickiel

« Reply #52 on: June 19, 2008, 12:23:08 AM »

The Word of God then, as far as humans are concerned, is Jesus Christ, the Living embodiedment of Gods Word given to us by and through Christ. The bible is the written word of God, inspired by God, and used of God for his purpose. What Gods Prophets have shared is also the Word of God, and every Word that came from Jesus mouth is the Word of God. Also what some Angels have said is the Word of God, and what the Holy Spirit has said is the Word of God. So the Word of God is from the same source, the Father, but delivered by diverse messengers and methods. But ALL of these are also Evidence that the Father has not made attempts to directly speak to humanity himself, in any personal established method that we are aware of. Why is this?

And I want to touch on that some.

Peace.

Mickiel

« Reply #53 on: June 19, 2008, 12:56:47 AM »

One reason why I am very reluctant to factor present day humans into being a part of the Word of God, is because of the unrealibility of that. But if God inspires a human to speak, then conversely that would be the Word of God also. I admit to personally not trusting in that, but I do pray that the time comes that God will do that in our time. You can see what neverending scrutiny has been leveled against the bible, that same scrutiny will be leveled against a human who claims to speak for God, and should be. Many have already made such claims, and God is perfectly aware of this, he knew it would happen.

So in my view, when God raises up a human to speak for him, it will quickly capture the attention of the World. This person, or persons, will have something that MUST set their voices apart from the imposters and fraudulent usurpers of Gods Word. I think it will be Gods very own Power, invested in them, to accomplish his will. I only wish to live to see this for myself. When God grips a man or woman, and allows the world to see his imprint, that will be a sight to behold, and the true followers of God will be surcharged by this in their Faith and belief.

But once God does this, it will naturally inititate the " End of the Times", and usher in some most frightening worldly events to come, so God willnot start this too early in his plans. For God to choose a human to speak for him, would be a sure sign that he is prepared to open certain " Seals", and some very deadly things must then occur. To make a claim that you speak for God, is in essence a claim to these afore mentioned things.

So I think we are in the times of God planting and establishing his truth in people, and from that will swell us into the last days on this earth. To desire the Word of God to saturate this Earth now, is a very serious desire that will result in serious consequences.

And I want to touch on some of those.

Peace.

Mickiel

« Reply #54 on: June 19, 2008, 06:33:17 AM »

One of the particular aspects of the Word of God, as I also see the Kingdom of God, is that they are not of this World. Again Jesus in John 18: 36;" My Kingdom is not of this World. If my Kingdom were of this World, then my servants " Would be fighting", that I might not be delivered up to the Jews; but " As it Is", my Kingdom is not of " This Realm." As it is now, I do not see the Kingdom of God as being now established on this earth. Now when believers in the Word of God, teach and confirm that the Kingdom is now here within them, I see that as a contridiction of the Word of God. And I bring this up, not to argue the point, but to stress the point that now, the Word of God is being debated and dissagreed with even amoung its followers and believers. So believers are fighting each other " Over the Word", and are in no shape to fight for the Kingdom itself. They are " Stumbling Over Christ", and the Word of God he taught. Which I think is a sure sign that the comming of God is not as near.

Believers need time to "mature  in the Word", and conversely, the Word to mature in them.

We all need to be " Sanctified". Again Jesus in John 17:17;" Sanctify them in the Truth, Thy Word is Truth." Our minds need to be set apart for Holy Use, and Gods Word needs to be purified within our minds and the effects of sin on our discernment needs to be erased. And this is a PERSONAL need for us all, there are no exceptions to this. None of us has " Evolved beyond the other", in this vital area. The fighting we should be personally involved with now, is getting in tune with God and his Word.

When God looks to vist your mind through his Spirit, hes ready to teach and instill, not to fight you. When he starts moving your thoughts around, hes not comming to play chess with your opinions, hes there to make the moves, not discuss them. And when your Spirit is in tune with him, you will think as you are told. And he won't allow no personal interference from you. Your mind willnot buldge from the points he instills. Jesus in John 17:8;" For the Words which thou has given me I have gave to them and they received them, and truly understood." This is the " Flow of Gods Word", notice the flow; God gives to Christ, Christ gives to us, and that is the transmission that moves the Word of God. And the bible will shift many gears in your mind, according to how God keys you into this flow.

This is WHY we need the bible, because we stumble too much over Gods Word. Again Jesus in John 16:1, " These things I have Spoken to you, that you may be kept from stumbling." The Bible is a guideline to our Spiritual reasonings and direction. A light to our path.

And I want to hit on that a bit.

Peace.

Mickiel

« Reply #55 on: June 19, 2008, 06:55:28 AM »

Let me say something about God. There are certain things that intrest God about each one of us, and this is very important to him. Again notice Jesus in John 16:7;" But I tell you the Truth, it is to " Your Advantage" that I go away. Listen to that, I mean think about it. Jesus concern was that we enter into a " God Ordained Phase!" He knew and understood that the Father was sending the Holy Spirit to Convict the World concerning sin, and while this is occuring, the Father wants his chosen to be TAUGHT and HELPED by the Holy Spirit OF TRUTH! Listen, the world is ALREADY judged, it been convicted, the judgement that falls onto the people of God is to be HELPED by his Spirit!

And this help can cover, or NOT cover, much varying ground, but the meat of the help, is to CONVICT us to the TRUTH! Convince us of it, educate us on it, orientate us to it. Oh yes, the cares of this world, the pride we take in our lives, everyday needs and living, all this help, but we are students of the natural, AND un natural Word of God. And this is to our advantage, I mean we may not see the advantage now, but that will manifest itself in due time. The Spirit of God is working on this world too. While this world is being impressed with a heavy sense of quilt, we are moving toward freedom and truth.

Peace.

Offline Molly

• Gold
« Reply #56 on: June 19, 2008, 07:22:06 AM »
I just noticed today that the way back into the garden is through fire.

24So he drove out the man; and he placed at the east of the garden of Eden Cherubims, and a flaming sword which turned every way, to keep the way of the tree of life.--Genesis 3

Luke 3:16
John answered, saying unto them all, I indeed baptize you with water; but one mightier than I cometh, the latchet of whose shoes I am not worthy to unloose: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost and with fire:

Hebrews 4:12
For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

Malachi 3:3
And he shall sit as a refiner and purifier of silver: and he shall purify the sons of Levi, and purge them as gold and silver, that they may offer unto the LORD an offering in righteousness.

James 1:2
My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations;

3Knowing this, that the trying of your faith worketh patience.

Luke 17:21
.... for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.

« Last Edit: June 19, 2008, 07:38:13 AM by Molly »

Mickiel

« Reply #57 on: June 22, 2008, 02:19:38 AM »
[quote author=Mickiel
So I think we are in the times of God planting and establishing his truth in people, and from that will swell us into the last days on this earth. To desire the Word of God to saturate this Earth now, is a very serious desire that will result in serious consequences.

And I want to touch on some of those.

Peace.
[/quote]

The Word of God  has a very interesting prophectical  slant to it. If its anything in the bible that I wouldnot want to come true, its certain prophecys that tell of great suffering in humanity in the end. When God will unleash upon humanity untold horrors. I really wish this wouldnot have to be. I know a viewpoint could be taken , that what will be will just have to be. If I could change any of Gods will, it would be the terrors that must come during these times. Revelations 8, 9 and 10 are some frigthening  events to come. In Rev. 9:15 special angels were created just for the purpose of killing humans. Some of them were riding horses that had heads like lions and they breathed fire out of their mouths. During these times humans will try to kill themselves, but won't be able to. Crearures will be created to torture humans, but not kill them. We talk about the Love of God and Universalism, but Gods wrath will be on display in frightening terrors to behold. I certainly don't want to be alive to see this. Beings created for the specific purpose of killing humans. They will be totally unmerciful.

Its is from this most frightening aspect of God that many choose to view Gods word in a complettely different light of judgement. From this aspect of Gods word, came the hell doctrines. They figure if God can do things this horrible, he will continue to be like this forever.

A most distrubing view of God.

Mickiel

« Reply #58 on: June 23, 2008, 12:01:02 AM »

The Word of God is like a two edged sword , it penertrates on more than just one view of looking at it. It can open up a thought on one side of your mind, while at the same time it can be doing things to the other side of your perception. For example; consider Jude 1:21;" Keep yourselves in the Love of God, waiting anxiously for the Mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ to Eternal life." Yet the bible also says to be anxious for nothing. Well the anxiousness of mercy that leads to eternal life, is certainly not for nothing. God is able to " Keep us from stumbling", vs. 24, but yet will use stumbling in teaching us to walk. So in short order, we need to make Gods Word our career, a life long endeavor of learning, because theres too often, two ways of discerning the things of God. Its the " Other way of seeing it", that often evades us.

For example; What do you see in the concept of " Waiting for Jesus Mercy?" Why are we in the position of needing mercy in the first place? Well because God placed us all in that position, and like his word, there is a " Two edged reason" for that. Hes cutting more than one way of bleeding.

Peace.

Mickiel

« Reply #59 on: June 23, 2008, 01:42:29 AM »
[quote author=Mickiel

For example; What do you see in the concept of " Waiting for Jesus Mercy?" Why are we in the position of needing mercy in the first place? Well because God placed us all in that position, and like his word, there is a " Two edged reason" for that. Hes cutting more than one way of bleeding.

Peace.
[/quote]

In speaking Gods Word, it corrects not only the listener, but the speaker themselves. Its hard to speak words like that, which bothers the confidence of many. They then actually hold a " Fear in speaking Gods Word." The anxiousness turns to apprehension, as it cuts inside and out. Phil. 1:14;" Have  more courage to speak the Word of God without fear."

Imagine the training involved here. Here something is inside of you that holds the power to move you, and correct you, move others and correct others also. How are you going to deal with something like that? Its being hard pressed from two directions, a most unusual feeling. Notice Paul in Phil. 1:23, here is a " Split personality of dual dynamics." Hard pressed to just lay down and die to be over with this life, or stay and witness this Word of God. This is the dynamic of the two edged sword.

Peace.

Offline Reverend G

• Est
« Reply #60 on: June 24, 2008, 12:42:30 AM »
Hi James,

I do not intend to negate the bible or suggest that it is not of God.  My comment about it realizes the reality that we do not have the originals, nor are we completely in understanding of the culture and the full understanding of an ancient language that we are far removed from.

I understand the excuses such as ones PT brings to the table that allows him to manipulate the contradictions in his theology as if they do not exist.  

But I think that it is accurate to say that the bible is the best physical representation God has allowed us to have in order to understand what God wants us to know in this state of existance.  But as it is also in the world, then it is not whole and perfect no more than we are.

Exactly!!  Try explaining this to hard core Bible thumpers who demean you when you show any doubt of their cherry picked scripture spouting!  It only gets worse when you point out to them that none of the words they are spouting were ever written in English.  Or that the Bible they are spouting is a translation of a translation.  It may be the best we have, but it is not the original.  I was really taken to task for suggesting that redactions have occurred, and words not in the intended texts have been added!! Even though there is credible proof that this is true! Apparently, it was right as it was, and is still right once changed!

jabcat

« Reply #61 on: June 24, 2008, 02:34:05 AM »
Since my name's included in this post, I'll interject.  Not sure who's being called Bible thumpers or what's being labeled as cherry picking. 
As for myself, my personal stance has been repeatedly stated that scripture, accurately translated, properly divided, and Spirit revealed, can be trusted and IMO, should be revered as truth.  Also IMO, any passages that can honestly be shown to be corruptions should be seen in that light.  However, some want to cast doubt on much of scripture that can not be shown as having been corrupted, then their use of scripture often only boils down to which parts they subjectively choose to believe. IMO, neither extreme is honest, and I think scripture needs to handled very carefully.  My  :2c:.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2008, 02:45:45 AM by jabcat »

Mickiel

« Reply #62 on: June 24, 2008, 02:49:20 AM »

The Bible is a gold mine of inspiration, according to how one is " Arroused." Isaiah 45:13;" I have " Arroused him in Righteousness." The missing ingredient in this essential Word authored by God, is God himself " Stimulating human thought." In the hands of a human stimulated by God, the Bible is something to behold. And we will see this in times to come, as God disects the human mind and stimulates these minds with his Word, they will see much that we cannot.

Again Jesus in Mark 5:19;" Go home to your  people and report to them, what " Great Things" the Lord has done for you. As time develops further into Gods plans for our future, God will open great avenues of his Word to some, their minds will flap through the pages of the Bible, and oh what relevancy will be manifested.

I wouldnot disguard the Bible, not just yet. Its a " Living Book", and God does not need to change the words written in it, only magnify the mind that considers it.

Peace.

Mickiel

« Reply #63 on: June 24, 2008, 03:39:24 AM »

When the bible is viewed through the eyes of man, man will see what men see, and value it as a man. When the bible is viewed through the mind of Christ, man will see what Christ sees.

There is a difference.

Peace.

Offline Reverend G

• Est
« Reply #64 on: June 24, 2008, 02:44:59 PM »
Jabcat......Actually I was not referring to anybody on this particular forum with my Bible thumper comment.

Offline Molly

• Gold
« Reply #65 on: June 24, 2008, 07:37:19 PM »
"The word is near you; it is in your mouth and in your heart," that is, the word of faith we are proclaiming: 9That if you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. 10For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved. 11As the Scripture says, "Anyone who trusts in him will never be put to shame." 12For there is no difference between Jew and Gentile—the same Lord is Lord of all and richly blesses all who call on him, 13for, "Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved."

14How, then, can they call on the one they have not believed in? And how can they believe in the one of whom they have not heard? And how can they hear without someone preaching to them? 15And how can they preach unless they are sent? As it is written, "How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news!"   [*The word of God has beautiful feet.]

16But not all the Israelites accepted the good news. For Isaiah says, "Lord, who has believed our message?" 17Consequently, faith comes from hearing the message, and the message is heard through the word of Christ.[*The message is heard through the word of Christ--the mind of Christ] 18But I ask: Did they not hear? Of course they did:

"Their voice has gone out into all the earth,
      their words to the ends of the world." 19Again I ask: Did Israel not understand? First, Moses says,
   "I will make you envious by those who are not a nation;
      I will make you angry by a nation that has no understanding." 20And Isaiah boldly says,
   "I was found by those who did not seek me;
      I revealed myself to those who did not ask for me." 21But concerning Israel he says,
   "All day long I have held out my hands
      to a disobedient and obstinate people."

--Romans 10
« Last Edit: June 24, 2008, 07:42:48 PM by Molly »

Offline Molly

• Gold
« Reply #66 on: June 24, 2008, 08:02:31 PM »
10:15  And1161 how4459 shall they preach,2784 except3362 they be sent?649 as it2531 is written,1125

How5613 beautiful5611 [are] the3588 feet4228 [of them that preach] the gospel2097 of peace,1515 and bring glad tidings2097 of good things!18

hōs hōraios    ho pous euaggelizō  eirēnē euaggelizō  agathos

How beautiful the feet [the bringer of] Gospel    peace      [the bringer of] Gospel glad tidings   good things
« Last Edit: June 24, 2008, 08:11:34 PM by Molly »

jabcat

« Reply #67 on: June 25, 2008, 01:51:23 AM »
Thanks G, maybe I was feeling a little guilty :happygrin:.  My background is definitely that, so the Holy Spirit has to temper me, or I'd make a fool of myself even more often than I do :tease:.  As far as the particular denomination you mentioned to me,  :eek:...I know them quite well.

Mickiel

« Reply #68 on: June 27, 2008, 05:26:00 AM »

If you take close notice of the things people are saying about Gods word, its almost as if some, because of lack of understanding, seem to take a stance that the word of God has failed. Rom.9:6. Its like I can think to myself, " Well I don't understand this, so something must be wrong with Gods Word." I mean, can you get to that? Because I don't understand it, something has to " Be wrong with IT."

Look at Matthews 15:6, notice particularly the phrase " And thus YOU invalidated the Word of God." WE invalidate the word of God, NOT it itself! I kind of like how it was mentioned that" My backround is definitely that, so the Holy Spirit has to temper me , or I'd make a fool of myself." This is so true, so many of us make a fool of ourselves because of our lack of understanding, and  we spread the foolishness.

Gods Word is NOT invalidated, but it is invalidated by US! Because we just don't know what we are doing. Oh but the " Pride" involved with that, will just uphold all the strongholds that produce a lack of validity in humanity for Gods Word. And like stubborn mules, we will knock at Gods Word, simply because we are blind in spots.

And I want to go into that.  Peace.

jabcat

« Reply #69 on: June 28, 2008, 01:15:11 AM »
 :goodpost:.  "And thus YOU invalidated the Word of God."  What an awesome, telling scripture..."I don't get it", or "I don't like that, it doesn't minister to me", "I don't see how...".  "So it must not be inspired".  Please.

"For it is written, I shall be destroying the wisdom of the wise, and the understanding of the intelligent shall I be repudiating....Does not God make stupid the wisdom of this world?"  I Cor. 1:20.

Mickiel

« Reply #70 on: June 28, 2008, 02:09:16 AM »
:goodpost:.  "And thus YOU invalidated the Word of God."  What an awesome, telling scripture..."I don't get it", or "I don't like that, it doesn't minister to me", "I don't see how...".  "So it must not be inspired".  Please.

"For it is written, I shall be destroying the wisdom of the wise, and the understanding of the intelligent shall I be repudiating....Does not God make stupid the wisdom of this world?"  I Cor. 1:20.

Well yes, this is the kind of approach many are starting to take on Gods word. They have become so " Spiritual" that the Word of God can now be invalidated by " Their Wisdom." You know, they know so much, that now they can invalidate parts of the bible itself, because parts of their brains has evolved into the beyond.

If you think about the aittitude of " Taking the value away from something", for whatever reason, then one needs to consider the warning in Revelations about not adding or taking away from the Bible. But people think they are " Little gods", and their understanding has evolved beyond this warning, they don't even consider it. They think the changes they have made are correct.

And I want to get into this aittitude of taking away from the bible.

Peace.

Mickiel

« Reply #71 on: June 29, 2008, 01:48:32 AM »

To invalidate Gods Word means that YOU make it no good. It is YOU that brings in the thoughts of confusion. It is NOT the way the bible was written, its how YOU are interpiting it. And when we take responsibility for invalidating Gods Word, then the hope could be that God sees you being responsible for your invalidation, and may give you some truth.

But I bet you one thing, what he reveals to your mind, WILL ALREADY be within the pages of the bible. So when your mind superseeds the bible, your close to being out of your mind. This is also the spirit of the anti-christ, a spirit that will add to and take away from the bible, is NOT a spirit of Christ, but it " Appears to be." Its a " Spirit", but at its core its against Christ. Its a " Spiritual deception", which looks to mutate Gods Word and morph it into somethingelse in your mind, and thus lead you into the " Habit of invalidation of Gods Word."

Peace.

Mickiel

« Reply #72 on: June 29, 2008, 10:04:34 AM »

The Word of God is invalidated again by YOU! Not by the errors in the bible, but by the errors in US! We think ourselves as the interpertors of Gods Word, we  first deceive ourselves through this pride, and then conversely invalidate Gods Word by looking to think God has opened us to superseed his own Word. Gal. 6:3;"For if anyone thinks he is something when he is really nothing, he deceives  himself." We tend to think our interpitation of Gods word is something, when really it is nothing. But the something is so inticeing to us, we expect it to entice others. " Come listen to me, and hear what I have to say", because we tend to think we are called by God to speak this word.

Vs. 4;" But let each one examine his own work, and THEN he will have reason for boasting in regard to himself alone, and not in regard  to another." If you think yourself a carrier of Gods Word, then why try to convince another of it, first carry your own load, be sure of yourself, be sure of that. Are you examining what you think you know? Can you deal with being alone in this revealed word?

From this misconception many arguements are born. Birthed in adversary these fruitless discussions become the fodder for many self convinced believers to express their discuss for the discuss of the worldly views of God. Then God is mocked by our emotional content, as we share what we think we understand but really have not examined. We think God has priviledged us to the degree that we think our views match his views, thus we are inner convinced of the word of God according to us.

But there is a way to repent of this, and I want to touch on how.  Peace.

Mickiel

« Reply #73 on: June 29, 2008, 07:37:44 PM »

I personally view this delima of understanding Gods word, trying to be careful with that, and the desire God placed within us to share, or to witness, but being apprehensive about what we say, verses being prone to have a wild tounge that will say anything, is one of the greatest Spiritual test that God has designed. Oh and he uniquely designed this. I so often read what others are saying about God and his word in their sharing, their witness, and I can tell by that, what God is doing with them, AND needs to DO with them. I can see God dealing with them, and letting them run off on their own.

Self interpitation of scripture can be just as clear as God inspired and God given inspiration. When Gods Spirit inspires a person to witness on his word, don't you know that will be loud and clear to the others who share in this Spirit, conversely the errors we try to push on others will be just as loud and clear.

Sharing Gods Word is a way to know that God is dealing with YOU! So often I have moments in my life where I seriously doubt that God is with me, but then I go back and read something I have written, and I learn from it so much. I know for sure that it was not I, but the Spirit working in me, and its so inspiring and uplifting, and I need every inch of that uplift, because the cares of this world weigh me down. But it becomes an inspiration when Gods Word, inspires your Word, and both his witness and your witness inspires yourself and others. Now the adverse effect of this can be troubling. Conversely, when you see Gods word in error, and your word is in error, then you  embrace that, then you are both spreading error and embracing error, and learning to like the error, and then pride is being built from error.

I want to take a sidetrack here and talk about pride being taken from error.

Peace.

Mickiel

« Reply #74 on: June 29, 2008, 08:31:22 PM »
Quote from: Mickiel

I want to take a sidetrack here and talk about pride being taken from error.

Peace.
[/quote

In 2Tim.2:2;" And the things which you have heard from me in the presence of many witnesses , these entrust to faithful men, who WILL BE ABLE to teach others." Being able to teach most certainly requires that God be involved with the teachers mind. Now God knows he must validate his word to the teachers mind, but what about the teachers Pride in themselves, it MUST be dealt with by God. There is no way around this, it just has to be done. The word of God is VERY powerful, as is God himself, BUT, God rules BY his gentleness and Kindness, his Goodness is his true power. Listen, his GOODNESS is his true Power!

The more God gets into a human mind, a human he is working on to mold into a teacher, he will no doubt install this Spirit of Goodness. NOT strict harsh methods, THAT is evidence of human pride! ALL strict stern methods of teaching are evidence of human pride in Gods Power. I have to fight this everyday in my life. The more I want to get harsh with someone, the more my pride looks to assert itself, and this happens constantly.

I don't see how God does it, just totally rule in Goodness without flexing all that muscle he has. Its so easy to just push people around with your knowledge, and so hard to lead their minds with Goodness.

You ever just prayed to God in repentance, knowing that you just pushed someone around using HIS Word to do it? I mean the shame you felt, the Spirit just gets all on you and whips you for doing it. Well this is God dealing directly with you, moving you away from the pride in his Power, to the Goodness OF his Power.

And I want to touch on that a bit.

Peace.