Author Topic: What is Sonship  (Read 3822 times)

darsemnos

What is Sonship
« on: August 21, 2007, 05:39:34 AM »
What is "Sonship?"

Offline Taffy

• Gold
Re: What is Sonship
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2007, 07:37:08 PM »
What is "Sonship?"
First notice.....a CHILD is BORN..a SON is Given

Isa 9:6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

Everyson is BORN of FAITH...A Child is Born of the Flesh.....

Notice by example...that Issac was BORN ( (As a son of PROMISE....by FAITH? AT THE TIME WHEN ABRAHAM was 100

Gen 21:5 And Abraham was an hundred years old, when his son Isaac was born unto him....

we all do the same..all move from One age to another..from the age of a Child\slave\bondman\underlaw, moving from Death unto LIFE...\ children of PROMISE unto a son \heir

Pro 29:21 He that delicately bringeth up his servant from a child shall have him become [his] son at the length.

Gal 4:5  To redeem them that were under the law, that we might receive the adoption of sons.

Gal 4:6  And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father.

Gal 4:7  Wherefore thou art no more a servant,(Bondman slave) but a son; and if a son, then an heir of God through Christ.
Jhn 3:3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

Jhn 3:7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.

1Pe 1:23 Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever

As Paul says...those born again are SPIRIT not Flesh....
The flesh having DIED with Christ ...we then are RAISED IN HIM

1Cr 12:13 For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether [we be] Jews or Gentiles, whether [we be] bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

Rom 8:6  For to be carnally minded [is] death; but to be spiritually minded [is] life and peace.

Rom 8:7  Because the carnal mind [is] enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.

Rom 8:8  So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.

Rom 8:9  But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

Rom 8:10  And if Christ [be] in you, the body [is] dead because of sin; but the Spirit [is] life because of righteousness

for mine...all summed  up nicely here in Isa

65:20 There shall be no more thence an infant of days, nor an old man that hath not filled his days: for the child shall die an hundred years old; but the sinner [being] an hundred years old shall be accursed.

Blessings
Taffy
« Last Edit: August 27, 2007, 05:01:31 PM by SeekerSA »
Isa 29:18 And in that day shall the deaf hear the words of the book, and the eyes of the blind shall see out of obscurity, and out of darkness.

Offline Beloved Servant

• Gold
  • David's sling
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2009, 11:57:16 PM »
"This is not the church realm we have known, my friend, this is the incorruptible, immortal, unchangeable, omnipotent, eternal realm of God!  And it is not a realm we enter after death, in some far-off heaven somewhere, but it is the realm prepared for God's mature sons right here upon earth, the realm of God's fullness, of perfection, of maturity, of wisdom, of power and dominion, where God is all that He is in His people the realm of manifest sonship!" Preston Eby 

Offline Beloved Servant

• Gold
  • David's sling
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2009, 05:06:18 AM »
Hey Jabcat!
                 any input
                                ?

Offline jabcat

• Admin
  • SINNER SAVED BY GRACE
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2009, 05:19:49 AM »
Is this a trap?  :laughing7:
Neither should there be vulgar speech, foolish talk, or coarse jesting--all of which are out of character--but rather thanksgiving.  Eph. 5:4  **  Saved 1John 3.2, Eph. 2:8, John 1:12 - Being saved 2Cor. 4:16 2Peter 3:18 - Will be saved 1Peter 1:5 Romans 8:23

Offline Beloved Servant

• Gold
  • David's sling
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2009, 05:26:12 AM »
A trap?
Now, I'm really lost!

Offline jabcat

• Admin
  • SINNER SAVED BY GRACE
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2009, 05:34:28 AM »
Messin' with you bro, kiddin' around. :punish:.

Well, I'd say it's either just being saved, washed in the blood, and growing in His grace;  or, an even deeper dimension as J. Preston says above and as some here believe.  I tend to think in its absolute sense that it's the latter, and something mainstream doesn't touch with a ten-foot pole...so somewhat of a newer concept for me.

Some who teach on this say that one can not really know for sure if they're the "chosen" or the "elect".  I believe the "is-was-will-be.com" guy takes that stance (his last name's Williams (?), had a split with L. Ray Smith a while back).  However, I personally believe you know if you're saved (if God's Spirit has convicted you of your need for Jesus, and God gave you the faith to respond in belief), and whether or not we're walking in obedience to His "Lord"-ship or not.  If we are, I believe we're likely growing into His Sonship.  However, that level of maturity may end up being a quite small number when it's all said and done.  I'm honestly not sure if I'm "just" saved/forgiven/loved, or if I'm fit for any special use as those who consider themselves Manifest-Sons-In-Development do.  I may get jumped for this, because I really do believe in a daily walk of obedience to Him, but (I'll whisper this, don't tell anybody) I'm glad to have just tasted of His mercy.  If He's got something more for me than that, I guess we'll see later.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2009, 05:39:07 AM by jabcat »
Neither should there be vulgar speech, foolish talk, or coarse jesting--all of which are out of character--but rather thanksgiving.  Eph. 5:4  **  Saved 1John 3.2, Eph. 2:8, John 1:12 - Being saved 2Cor. 4:16 2Peter 3:18 - Will be saved 1Peter 1:5 Romans 8:23

Offline Beloved Servant

• Gold
  • David's sling
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2009, 05:40:05 AM »
Thanks Jab.
I've come to realize the ten-foot-pole just the past few days.

Offline jabcat

• Admin
  • SINNER SAVED BY GRACE
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2009, 05:40:44 AM »
Do you think J. Preston has it right?  ( I like him quite a bit, by the way.   I just know he's very big on the Manifest Sons topic.

All the years in mainstream I was taught if you're saved you're a son/child of God...and honestly, I still very much believe that is the case.  However, it seems there may be a deeper dimension, a higher level that a few are called to...maybe that's Manifest Sonship vs. sonship due to being shown His mercy of salvation in this lifetime.  :dontknow:

What's happened the past few days?

Offline Beloved Servant

• Gold
  • David's sling
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2009, 05:43:08 AM »
Funny thing is Jab...
I was raised Roman Catholic...
So, I know nothing about the rapture lie.

Offline jabcat

• Admin
  • SINNER SAVED BY GRACE
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2009, 05:45:01 AM »
Do you think the rapture ties into all this?  Oh, I guess in terms of the Manifest Sons bringing deliverance to creation vs. the church gettin' out of Dodge?

Offline Beloved Servant

• Gold
  • David's sling
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2009, 05:59:25 AM »
JAB, I got no idea about the rapture.
I, actually, had to research what it was (Roman Catholic).

Yes, I'm a Son of God!
And you are too!

Offline Beloved Servant

• Gold
  • David's sling
« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2009, 06:09:29 AM »
I very much like:

Preston Eby:         www.kingdombiblestudies.org
Peter Demetris:     www.lightofthecity.org
Joyce Morris:         www.lordoflifeministries.com

Offline Beloved Servant

• Gold
  • David's sling
« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2009, 06:22:47 AM »

Dude,
that's all I do all day,
is read,
pray,
and wait upon the Lord.
He fills me up.

Offline Beloved Servant

• Gold
  • David's sling
« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2009, 06:27:35 AM »
Faith
Hope
Love

Offline Beloved Servant

• Gold
  • David's sling
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2009, 07:18:36 AM »
Sparrow, What is Sonship?

Offline sparrow

• Bronze
  • I watch, & am as a sparrow alone upon the rooftop.
« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2009, 08:10:54 AM »
Messin' with you bro, kiddin' around. :punish:.

Well, I'd say it's either just being saved, washed in the blood, and growing in His grace;  or, an even deeper dimension as J. Preston says above and as some here believe.  I tend to think in its absolute sense that it's the latter, and something mainstream doesn't touch with a ten-foot pole...so somewhat of a newer concept for me.

Some who teach on this say that one can not really know for sure if they're the "chosen" or the "elect".  I believe the "is-was-will-be.com" guy takes that stance (his last name's Williams (?), had a split with L. Ray Smith a while back).  However, I personally believe you know if you're saved (if God's Spirit has convicted you of your need for Jesus, and God gave you the faith to respond in belief), and whether or not we're walking in obedience to His "Lord"-ship or not.  If we are, I believe we're likely growing into His Sonship.  However, that level of maturity may end up being a quite small number when it's all said and done.  I'm honestly not sure if I'm "just" saved/forgiven/loved, or if I'm fit for any special use as those who consider themselves Manifest-Sons-In-Development do.  I may get jumped for this, because I really do believe in a daily walk of obedience to Him, but (I'll whisper this, don't tell anybody) I'm glad to have just tasted of His mercy.  If He's got something more for me than that, I guess we'll see later.

jabcat pretty much summed up what's in my mind, too!
"I knelt to drink,
And knew that I was on the brink
Of endless joy. And everywhere
I turned I saw a wonder there."

If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. And if I have prophetic powers, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. If I give away all I have, and if I deliver up my body to be burned, but have not love, I gain nothing.

Offline Cardinal

• < Moderator >
« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2009, 03:33:25 PM »
 :cloud9: Hi Jab......the Word was written to all, but all must mix the Word with faith to receive it. Start reading on those sites Beloved Servant listed and let the Word speak to your spirit about what His manifest purpose IS for them that believe. We can all know Christ, but must press in to know who Christ is IN US. Blessings....
"I would rather train twenty men to pray, than a thousand to preach; A minister's highest mission ought to be to teach his people to pray." -H. MacGregor

Offline Molly

• Gold
« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2009, 06:51:50 AM »
The manifested sons of God  look just like Jesus--

29For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

30Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.

--Rom 8

7Be patient therefore, brethren, unto the coming of the Lord. Behold, the husbandman waiteth for the precious fruit of the earth, and hath long patience for it, until he receive the early and latter rain.

--James 5

HartleyDamboiseII

« Reply #19 on: August 04, 2009, 08:43:09 PM »
Pg. 29 How to Scripturally Study the Scriptures
NEW BIRTH & ADOPTION
     How few ever think to recognizing the difference between the new birth and adoption as taught by the Scriptures? Yet these are things of consequence which should be clearly distinguished. The new birth is found only in the Circumcision writings (other then Paul's books) and has its application to the sons of Israel because of "their" covenant relationship with Jehovah their God. Theirs was " the sonship " *(Ex. 4:22; Hosea 11:1-4 ; Rom. 9:4 Greek, from which they strayed and became prodigals, Lk. 15:11-24 or "the lost sheep" of the house of Israel. Mat. 10:5-6; 15:24 For them to enter the kingdom of God and enjoy their sonship again, they must be "begotten anew" or Born Again, by the water and the Spirt ( Jh. 3:3-8; Eze. 36:22-36). It applies strictly to Israel and concerns their EARTHY salvation and allotment in a future day of restoration ( Isa. 66:7-9; John 3:2; 10-12;Eze. 36;22-38.
          On the other hand, Gentiles, who never had any sonship, are aliens, without hope  and God in the world ( Act. 14;16; 17:24-28; Eph. 2:11-12). By His grace through faith, they RECEIVE the adoption of sons and are made members of God's family ( Eph. 1:5; 2:11-19; Rm. 8:15,23. Paul alone speaks of sonship by adoption, and the salvation with an allotment of glory IN THE HEAVENS. Eph. 1:3-5; Phil 3:20
          May we be diligent NOT to confuse these two ways which God has provided for Israelites and Gentiles to become members of His family...        Hartley Damboise II @ sinfree@gmx.com