Author Topic: What is meant by the Kingdom of God?  (Read 2120 times)

Offline IceMan84

• Full
What is meant by the Kingdom of God?
« on: February 07, 2012, 12:38:02 AM »
I have been studying UR for a few years now and feel that, for the most part, I understand the main concepts. However, one thing that I'm still a little unclear on is what is meant by the phrase "Kingdom of God". It seems as though it is sometimes used to refer to something that is already in place in the present time on earth, while in other situations it feels like it is being referred to in the future sense. So I guess my main question is this: is the Kingdom of God something that has already been established with Christ's sacrifice for our sins, or is it something that is still to be experienced in the future, such as the millennial reign of Christ?

Offline jabcat

• Admin
  • SINNER SAVED BY GRACE
Re: What is meant by the Kingdom of God?
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2012, 12:45:30 AM »
Oh my!  I think that's a tough one, often barely understood.  I'll share some thoughts, but little if any of this is "gospel"  lol

I personally believe there was a kingdom of God Jesus spoke of during His earthly ministry, to the Jews.  It seems it had to do with belief in, relationship with, and obedience to Him during that time, yet few would find it (many were blinded).  Most called for His death.

I believe we also can live in the kingdom while here on earth, as believers, fellowshiping with Him.  Being in a close relationship with Him.

But then I also believe the kingdom to be that time when He ushers in the next age, and in the process God becomes all in all.  I believe the scripture says something about the kingdom being handed over to the Father at that time?  Well, just some thoughts.  Maybe I should have said "I'm not sure".   :laughing7:

Neither should there be vulgar speech, foolish talk, or coarse jesting--all of which are out of character--but rather thanksgiving.  Eph. 5:4  **  Saved 1John 3.2, Eph. 2:8, John 1:12 - Being saved 2Cor. 4:16 2Peter 3:18 - Will be saved 1Peter 1:5 Romans 8:23

Offline ded2daworld

• Silver
  • What if today we were just grateful for everything
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2012, 04:05:33 PM »
God the King. The universe is His Kingdom since he is King of Kings and ruler over all everywhere.
"We are seated in the heavenlies." We are His subjects, created for His glory. Everything was ruled over
by God the Father until he handed Jesus, God the Son, the "keys to the kingdom" and made everything
and everyone subject to Jesus. Jesus the King has in his Kingdom ALL things, whether in heaven
or on earth, (or anywhere) subject to Him.

"Why do so many people think that the Bible is only inspired at certain points -  and that  THEY are inspired to pick out which points?"

Doug

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2012, 07:19:09 PM »
God the King. The universe is His Kingdom since he is King of Kings and ruler over all everywhere.
"We are seated in the heavenlies." We are His subjects, created for His glory. Everything was ruled over
by God the Father until he handed Jesus, God the Son, the "keys to the kingdom" and made everything
and everyone subject to Jesus. Jesus the King has in his Kingdom ALL things, whether in heaven
or on earth, (or anywhere) subject to Him.

:thumbsup:

Paul wrote:

Ephesians 1:15-13
Wherefore I also, after I heard of your faith in the Lord Jesus, and love unto all the saints,
Cease not to give thanks for you, making mention of you in my prayers;
That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him:
The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of his calling, and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints,
And what is the exceeding greatness of his power to us-ward who believe, according to the working of his mighty power,
Which he wrought in Christ, when he raised him from the dead, and set him at his own right hand in the heavenly places,
Far above all principality, and power, and might, and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this world, but also in that which is to come:
And hath put all things under his feet, and gave him to be the head over all things to the church,
Which is his body, the fulness of him that filleth all in all.

Some argue that Jesus does not reign yet, and that his kingdom is not the church. They deny he is reigning on the throne of David, which, they claim, is an earthly throne at Jerusalem. They say Christ is waiting for the 1,000 year millennium to begin. But the parable about the tares was intended to show us what Christ's kingdom means.

Matthew 13:24-25
Another parable put he forth unto them, saying, The kingdom of heaven is likened unto a man which sowed good seed in his field:
But while men slept, his enemy came and sowed tares among the wheat, and went his way.

There is another reference to Christ's kingdom in verse 31. The tares are gathered up, out of his kingdom. If the field where the wheat was sown is Christ's kingdom, and tares were sown in it by an enemy, and both grew together till the end of the world, and then the tares were gathered together and burned, and the wheat harvested and taken to the barn, surely that implies the church in the present age is Christ's heavenly kingdom.

Matthew 13:40-42
As therefore the tares are gathered and burned in the fire; so shall it be in the end of this world.
The Son of man shall send forth his angels, and they shall gather out of his kingdom all things that offend, and them which do iniquity;
And shall cast them into a furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth.

Here is a response to one person's list of 15 objections to the idea that Jesus now reigns on the throne of David: Is Christ reigning on David's throne now?

Doug

Offline redhotmagma

• < Moderator >
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2012, 09:31:46 PM »
The kingdom is within.  It is like a mustard seed that grows up to a large tree.  It starts small, the smallest of seeds,  when the seed(Christ) was killed, the seed died and was buried in the ground=earth=adam(you and me).  Now the seed begins to grow and it no longer looks like a seed, but first a sprout, the in-part time.  Then when the time is right it will turn into a full tree, this is the fullness of times, Uniting all things in heaven and on Earth and under the earth.

Doug

« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2012, 12:03:51 AM »
The kingdom is within.  It is like a mustard seed that grows up to a large tree.

The kingdom is within in the sense that the changes it brings occur in our hearts and minds.

Paul said that God has translated us into the kingdom of his Son.

Colossians 1:12-13
Giving thanks unto the Father, which hath made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light:
Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son:

Enlightenment is something that occurs within.

Jesus said, when the tares are gathered out of his kingdom, "Then shall the righteous shine forth as the sun in the kingdom of their Father. Who hath ears to hear, let him hear." [Matthew 13:43]

In the next verse, he compared the kingdom to treasure hid in a field. This also seems to fit the idea of enlightenment, and discovery.

Matthew 13:44
Again, the kingdom of heaven is like unto treasure hid in a field; the which when a man hath found, he hideth, and for joy thereof goeth and selleth all that he hath, and buyeth that field.

One of the things that is made subject to God's kingdom is the tongue.

James 1:26
If any man among you seem to be religious, and bridleth not his tongue, but deceiveth his own heart, this man's religion is vain.

Some of the sayings of Jesus about the kingdom show that it is a community; Jesus said Jerusalem is "the city of the great King." [Matthew 5:35]

In the parable of the net, it seems that different kinds of people are being distinguished.

Matthew 13:47-48
Again, the kingdom of heaven is like unto a net, that was cast into the sea, and gathered of every kind:
Which, when it was full, they drew to shore, and sat down, and gathered the good into vessels, but cast the bad away.

Doug

Offline Pierac

• Bronze
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2012, 03:12:03 AM »
First we should start with what we know about the Kingdom of God... Jesus preached it... but what did He preach?

Luke 4:43  But He said to them, "I must preach the kingdom of God to the other cities also, for I was sent for this purpose."
Luke 8:1  Soon afterwards, He began going around from one city and village to another, proclaiming and preaching the kingdom of God. The twelve were with Him,

Then Jesus sent the twelve to go and do the same...

Luke 9:1  And He called the twelve together, and gave them power and authority over all the demons and to heal diseases. 2  And He sent them out to proclaim the kingdom of God and to perform healing.

But what was hidden from the twelve and the masses....

Luk 18:31  Then He took the twelve aside and said to them, "Behold, we are going up to Jerusalem, and all things which are written through the prophets about the Son of Man will be accomplished. 32  "For He will be handed over to the Gentiles, and will be mocked and mistreated and spit upon, 33  and after they have scourged Him, they will kill Him; and the third day He will rise again."  34  But the disciples understood none of these things, and the meaning of this statement was hidden from them, and they did not comprehend the things that were said.

The Gospel of the Kingdom was preached and/or announced before the death of Jesus

KJV Mar 1:14  Now after that John was put in prison, Jesus came into Galilee, preaching the gospel of the kingdom of God,  Mat 4:23  Jesus was going throughout all Galilee, teaching in their synagogues and proclaiming the gospel of the kingdom, and healing every kind of disease and every kind of sickness among the people.

Even after Jesus' resurrection Jesus continued to...

Act 1:3  To these He also presented Himself alive after His suffering, by many convincing proofs, appearing to them over a period of forty days and speaking of the things concerning the kingdom of God.

Yet after all this time... The twelve remained earthly on Him... !

Act 1:3  To these He also presented Himself alive after His suffering, by many convincing proofs, appearing to them over a period of forty days and speaking of the things concerning the kingdom of God. 4  Gathering them together, He commanded them not to leave Jerusalem, but to wait for what the Father had promised, "Which," He said, "you heard of from Me; for John baptized with water, but you will be baptized with the Holy Spirit not many days from now." 6 So when they had come together, they were asking Him, saying, "Lord, is it at this time You are restoring the kingdom to Israel?" 7  He said to them, "It is not for you to know times or epochs which the Father has fixed by His own authority; but you will receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be My witnesses both in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and even to the remotest part of the earth." 9  And after He had said these things, He was lifted up while they were looking on, and a cloud received Him out of their sight. 10  And as they were gazing intently into the sky while He was going, behold, two men in white clothing stood beside them. 11  They also said, "Men of Galilee, why do you stand looking into the sky? This Jesus, who has been taken up from you into heaven, will come in just the same way as you have watched Him go into heaven

What was added to the Kingdom of God that was not preached before the death of Jesus...?

Acts 8:12  But when they believed Philip preaching the good news about the kingdom of God and the name of Jesus Christ, they were being baptized, men and women alike.

Acts 28:23  When they had set a day for Paul, they came to him at his lodging in large numbers; and he was explaining to them by solemnly testifying about the kingdom of God and trying to persuade them concerning Jesus, from both the Law of Moses and from the Prophets, from morning until evening.... 31  preaching the kingdom of God and teaching concerning the Lord Jesus Christ with all openness, unhindered.

We must start with what we know...     :wink:

Paul

Doug

« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2012, 06:18:17 AM »
Luke relates how after Jesus rose up from the grave, he revealed himself to the disciples, and explained to them that his crucifixion and resurrection was the fulfillment of Old Testament prophecy. [Luke 24:44-48] Verse 45 says: "Then opened he their understanding, that they might understand the scriptures."

After the disciples received the holy Spirit on Pentecost, Peter showed that Christ was reigning in his heavenly kingdom, and had been made Lord over all. He said, "Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made the same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ." [Acts 2:36] Since Peter said Jesus had been "made Christ," this meant he fulfilled the prophecies about a descendant of David who would reign upon his throne forever.

Although previously the disciples thought in terms of an earthly kingdom, and perhaps, liberation of their nation from the oppressive Roman government, after Acts 1:6, there is no further mention of such an earthly kingdom in the New Testament. Instead, the apostles preached that Jesus was ruling over all things, that he had been given all authority and power, and he was "Far above all principality, and power, and might, and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this world, but also in that which is to come: And hath put all things under his feet, and gave him to be the head over all things to the church, Which is his body, the fulness of him that filleth all in all." [Ephesians 1:21-23]

Jesus was a king reigning among his saints, who also became kings and priests. This was the message of the disciples, after they received the Spirit, and it was confirmed by many miracles during the first century. In one of his prophecies, Isaiah wrote about the safety and security of Jerusalem:

Isaiah 33:20
Look upon Zion, the city of our solemnities: thine eyes shall see Jerusalem a quiet habitation, a tabernacle that shall not be taken down; not one of the stakes thereof shall ever be removed, neither shall any of the cords thereof be broken.

This prophecy seemed to have failed at the time of the exile. It fails if applied to the earthly Jerusalem in the first century too. But, when Jesus ascended to heaven as described in Acts 1, the mountain of the Lord's house, and Jerusalem, and mount Zion, the true tabernacle, were all raised up too, as foretold in Isaiah 2:2.

Afterwards, for the apostles, Jerusalem was located in heaven. [Galatians 4:26; Hebrews 12:22] It was the heavenly Jerusalem that was a "quiet habitation," that would never be destroyed as Isaiah 33:20 said. The prophecies about Jerusalem and mount Zion applied to the heavenly city, after Jesus ascended to heaven. The earthly one was identified with Hagar, who was cast out of Abraham's house, and Sinai, and bondage.  Jesus was reigning over the heavenly city, on the throne of David, as Peter had announced in his speech to the Jews, reported in Acts 2. David remained dead, and was still in his sepulchre, he said, but Jesus was reigning on his throne, in heaven, which was an eternal throne, according to the promise given to David.

When Peter acknowledged Jesus was the Christ, Jesus said it was revealed to him by the Father. Similarly, God enlightened many of the Jews, giving them the gift of repentance, when they heard the message preached by the apostles.

Doug

Offline marie glen

• Bronze
  • HiS perfect intent? Besides paradise & perfection?
    • My profile on Bubblews
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2012, 10:25:02 PM »
Wow! such an interesting thread! and all such very good answers! I've just recently found myself pondering this in a slightly different way.. it doesn't really compare to all the other things The Kingdom is, but I've been thinking of it as a 'second' UR :laughing7: namely Ultimate Reality.. what is ultimately true.. from all that which is not.. Same as good from evil and life from death.. and is of course 100% good and 100% life..
"If a stranger enters the room & all are talking in strange tongues, how will they understand?"

"Who is This!? That even the wind and the waves obey Him?" ~ Mt 8:27

Offline Pierac

• Bronze
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2012, 06:09:01 AM »

Exactly when did or will this happen?

Rev 20:2  And he laid hold of the dragon, the serpent of old, who is the devil and Satan, and bound him for a thousand years; 3  and he threw him into the abyss, and shut it and sealed it over him, so that he would not deceive the nations any longer, until the thousand years were completed; after these things he must be released for a short time.

Rev 20:7  When the thousand years are completed, Satan will be released from his prison,

Rev 20:4  Then I saw thrones, and they sat on them, and judgment was given to them. And I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded because of their testimony of Jesus and because of the word of God, and those who had not worshiped the beast or his image, and had not received the mark on their forehead and on their hand; and they came to life and reigned with Christ for a thousand years.

Rev 20:6  Blessed and holy is the one who has a part in the first resurrection; over these the second death has no power, but they will be priests of God and of Christ and will reign with Him for a thousand years.

What happens after 1000 years?

Rev 20:5  The rest of the dead did not come to life until the thousand years were completed. This is the first resurrection.

What did Paul teach?

1Co 15:22  For as in Adam all die, so also in Christ all will be made alive. 23  But each in his own order: Christ the first fruits, after that those who are Christ's at His coming, 24  then comes the end, when He hands over the kingdom to the God and Father, when He has abolished all rule and all authority and power. 25  For He must reign until He has put all His enemies under His feet. 26  The last enemy that will be abolished is death. 27  For HE HAS PUT ALL THINGS IN SUBJECTION UNDER HIS FEET. But when He says, "All things are put in subjection,"  it is evident that He (Jesus) is excepted who put all things in subjection to Him (God).  28  When all things are subjected to Him (Jesus), then the Son Himself also will be subjected to the One (God) who subjected all things to Him (Jesus), so that God may be all in all.

How long will Jesus reign until the Son Himself also will be subjected to the One who subjected all things to Him?

Paul

Doug

« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2012, 04:14:53 PM »
Who reigns 1,000 years? Christ, or the saints?

There is no scripture that says the reign of Christ will be for a thousand years; his reign is forever. But in Revelation 20 John uses that expression for the time of the saints' reigning with him. Perhaps he uses a thousand years to signify "a foretaste of eternity."

What is meant by a thousand years?

The apostle Peter connected a thousand years with "a day with the Lord." He wrote, "But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day." [2 Peter 3:8]

Substituting the phrase "a day with the Lord" for "a thousand years" in Revelation 20 may possibly yield a clue suggesting the meaning of this passage. Peter also said,

2 Peter 1:18-19
We have also a more sure word of prophecy; whereunto ye do well that ye take heed, as unto a light that shineth in a dark place, until the day dawn, and the day star arise in your hearts: Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.

Peter wrote of darkness, and approaching dawn, and the light of prophecy, and the day star that rises up in our hearts, bringing in the full light of day, which represents a full understanding of the gospel, as Jesus described the righteous who "shine forth as the sun in the kingdom of their Father," after the tares and things that offend are removed. [Matthew 13:43] Peter's reference to light and darkness is metaphorical. Light signifies truth and knowledge, and darkness signifies error, or ignorance. The day, and the thousand years, in which believers reign with Christ is a time of their spiritual enlightenment.

How does Rev. 20:1-7 connect with Ezekiel?

The following table was presented by Steve Moyise. [Does the author of Revelation misappropriate the scriptures? Andrews University Seminary Studies, Spring 2002, Vol. 40, No. 1. 3-21.]

Ezekiel   Revelation
Revival of dry bones (Ez. 37:10)   First resurrection (Rev. 20:5)
Reunited kingdom (Ez. 37:21)   Saints rule for 1,000 years (Rev. 20:4)
Gog & Magog battle (Ez. 38:2)   Gog & Magog battle (Rev. 20:8)
Gorging of the birds (Ez. 39:4)   Gorging of the birds (Rev. 19:21)
Taken to high mountain (Ez. 40:2)   Taken to high mountain (Rev. 21:10)
Temple is measured (Ez. 40:5)   City is measured (Rev. 21:15)
Temple full of God's glory (Ez. 43:2)    City full of God's glory (Rev. 21:23)
River of life (Ez. 47:12)   River of life (Rev. 22:2)

Did John say χίλιοι ἔτος, thousands, in Revelation 20:1-7?

The question whether a thousand years, or thousands of years, best represents the thought of Revelation 20:1-7, is raised by the translation offered in the Tischendorf 8th Edition of the Greek New Testament, where the expression χίλιοι ἔτος is used, meaning thousands of years, as chilioi is plural. Most texts have χίλια ἔτη, a thousand years.

If chilioi is the correct word, rather than chilia, the idea that Christ will return to reign upon earth for one thousand years in the future is discredited. A spiritual interpretation of the reigns of the saints who are beheaded, and do not worship the beast or his image, seems more promising.

See Thousand or thousands in Revelation 20:1-7 for a discussion.

In prophecy, are years literal, but days figurative?

John Russell Hurd wrote:

But when all the other parts of a passage in this book are to be taken in a spiritual or figurative sense, we see no reason for making the expression a thousand years an exception to the general rule. There is no reason why the term thousand, or that of years, should not be as figurative as the terms chain, key, pit, be. In addition to this, we are to take into consideration the declaration of the mighty angel, (Rev. x. 7:) "There shall be time no longer;" and we have as good reason for applying this declaration to the term of one thousand years here, as we have had for applying it to the twelve hundred and sixty days. We have no warrant for maintaining the distinction, that the years are literal, but the days are figurative. So, on the other hand, if we were to consider the twelve hundred and sixty days, or forty-two months, as days of years, and months of thirty years each, by the same rule we should consider the period now under consideration as one of three hundred and sixty thousand years, instead of one thousand.

[Hurd, John Russell. Hyponoia or, Thoughts on a spiritual understanding of the Apocalypse. Leavitt, Trow & Co. NY. 1844. p. 503.]

What does John intend to teach in Revelation 20:1-10?

The overthrow of Satan is the main idea, as the binding of Satan begins this section. John introduces the idea that the saints who reign with Christ are those who have been beheaded. I think this is a metaphor representing submission of ones' mind to God. Paul exhorted the saints to become living sacrifices: "I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service." [Romans 12:1] James said, "Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you." [James 4:7]

The saints overcoming Satan is the crux of a chiasmus that spans the whole book. See On the chiastic structure of Revelation

When he returns, does Christ reign for a thousand years?

Richard Baxter (1615-1691), an influential Puritan leader in the seventeenth century, which was a time when the meaning of the thousand years of Revelation 20 was a hot topic of controversy, wrote: "His coming in the air is not there to reign a thousand years, but presently to judge the world, as in Matth. 25. he describeth it: and to confine his kingdom in human nature, and ours with him to a thousand years, and confine it to the air, and the survivors on earth, is a fiction full of contradictions, dishonourable to Christ and his Kingdom, uncomfortable to the Church." [The glorious kingdom of Christ, described and clearly vindicated. 1691. p. 8.]

When are the saints to become "a royal priesthood"?

According to Paul, every believer is a temple of God. [1 Corinthians 3:16; 6:19] The church, consisting of those who are "in Christ," is depicted as a temple, [Ephesians 2:20-22] and the saints "sit together in heavenly places." [Ephesians 2:5-6]

The apostle Peter described believers as stones built up into a spiritual house, or temple, and they are also a holy priesthood, offering up spiritual sacrifices. [1 Peter 2:5] Because Jesus is our high priest, and because he also reigns as king on the throne of David, the saints are a royal priesthood, being part of the house of David, by their connection to Jesus. The church is Christ's body.

Living holy lives, acceptable unto God, is "our reasonable service," Paul said. [Romans 12:1] He encouraged believers to be "fervent in spirit; serving the Lord; rejoicing in hope; patient in tribulation; continuing instant in prayer." [Romans 12:11-12] He wrote: "the kingdom of God is not meat and drink; but righteousness, and peace, and joy in the Holy Spirit. For he that in these things serveth Christ is acceptable to Godů therefore follow after the things which make for peace, and things wherewith one may edify another." [Romans 14:17-19] Paul, and the other apostles, viewed Christ's kingdom as a present reality. Peter said:

1 Peter 2:8-10
But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light;
Which in time past were not a people, but are now the people of God: which had not obtained mercy, but now have obtained mercy.

Is part of Revelation 20:5 spurious?

The words "The rest of the dead did not come to life until the thousand years were completed" are missing in the Codex Sinaiticus, which is the oldest known manuscript. The passage seems more natural when the words are omitted.

Where can I see the Codex Sinaiticus manuscript?

The manuscript can be viewed at this site.

4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and the power of judging was given to them; and I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded for the testimony of Jesus, and for the word of God; and of those who had not worshiped the beast, nor his image, and had not received his mark on their forehead, nor on their hand; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

5 [no verse]

6 Blessed and holy is he that has part in this first resurrection; over such the second death has no power; but they shall be priests of God and of the Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

What is the first resurrection?

The first resurrection is the experience of being raised up, as a new creation, when one believes the gospel, and is baptized. Paul wrote: "Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life." [Romans 6:4]

Paul also wrote: "Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new." [2 Corinthians 5:17] I suggest the first resurrection in Revelation 20:5 alludes to these teachings of Paul.

What is Discrete Millennialism?

This is an alternative to premillennialism, postmillennialism, amillennialism etc. The thousand years applies to the lives of individual saints who reign with Christ, not to Christ, who reigns forever. See: Discrete Millennialism

What happens when the thousand years end?

If the thousand years of Revelation 20 are understood in a spiritual sense, rather than by the letter, and it represents the duration of the lives of individual Christians as explained above, the thousand years or the day with the Lord ends prematurely for those who fall away, who abandon their faith, who return to the world from which they had escaped, and cease to walk in the way of Christ, thus terminating the thousand years, or their day with the Lord, which represents the duration of their reign with Christ. For them, the thousand years are finished.

The thousand years ends prematurely for those who are seduced, and follow the tail of the dragon, as pictured by the stars cast to the earth in Revelation 12:4.

Doug
« Last Edit: June 06, 2012, 05:36:41 PM by Doug »

Offline rosered

• Silver
« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2012, 05:01:36 PM »
  I love this Doug and know   the Day of the Lord is the 1000 year reign
 if   you can see also the  day of  death in  Adam was 930 years   and in Adam all die . the day you eat there of you will die  and in Christ be made Alive  ,  in the sure mercies of David  it was  70 years   or 80 by grace  , shorten the days  of  death   than we fly away    , you have 930 + 70 and thats 1000 years   of death /of  being  flesh and blood   or Life in Christ in the Spirit
  Its ok if no one sees this  , but our days are numbered and Israel was held captive  by Babylon 70 years   also  and  thats a natural life time 
  I will be so  glad when time is no more  :icon_flower:  , just  some of the scriptures that hold meaning   to me Psa 90:10 The days of our years [are] threescore years and ten; and if by reason of strength [they be] fourscore years, yet [is] their strength labour and sorrow; for it is soon cut off, and we fly away.

Gen 5:5 And all the days that Adam lived were nine hundred and thirty years: and he died.
Gen 2:17 But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.

dying daily  is Adam  in us , for Gods  judgment stands  always  to everyone born of woman  under the law For since by man [came] death, by man [came] also the resurrection of the dead.

1Cr 15:22 For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.

But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming. Then [cometh] the end, when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power.

For he must reign, till he hath put all enemies under his feet. The last enemy [that] shall be destroyed [is] death. For he hath put all things under his feet. But when he saith all things are put under [him, it is] manifest that he is excepted, which did put all things under him. And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all.Else what shall they do which are baptized for the dead, if the dead rise not at all? why are they then baptized for the dead? 

this law  is working in everyone called of God and drawn  by Jesus Christ , Him ruling our hearts  and no longer the carnal nature of the  beast  nature  of Adams  curse ,. though it rises up  in prideful thoughts and deeds  is put to death  daily   till death is swallowed up in Victory in Christ
        so far no writting has proven  different , though many try to prove  its literal
 Dayspring on High  has visted us  and the shadow of death  is removed   by the Light of Christ , the Lamb of God 

Job 38:12 Hast thou commanded the morning since thy days; [and] caused the dayspring to know his place;That it might take hold of the ends of the earth, that the wicked might be shaken out of it? It is turned as clay [to] the seal; and they stand as a garment.

And from the wicked their light is withholden, and the high arm shall be broken. Hast thou entered into the springs of the sea? or hast thou walked in the search of the depth?

Have the gates of death been opened unto thee? or hast thou seen the doors of the shadow of death?

Hast thou perceived the breadth of the earth? declare if thou knowest it all. 

Luk 1:78 Through the tender mercy of our God;

whereby the dayspring from on high hath visited us,To give light to them that sit in darkness and [in] the shadow of death, to guide our feet into the way of peace. And the child grew, and waxed strong in spirit, and was in the deserts till the day of his shewing unto Israel. 

lots to consider , but you must be convinced in your own  hearts  by faith in the power of God and His son   and the cross of Christ , just  what the Lord God has done .

anna274

« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2012, 05:44:31 PM »
  I love this Doug and know   the Day of the Lord is the 1000 year reign
 if   you can see also the  day of  death in  Adam was 930 years   and in Adam all die . the day you eat there of you will die  and in Christ be made Alive  ,  in the sure mercies of David  it was  70 years   or 80 by grace  , shorten the days  of  death   than we fly away    , you have 930 + 70 and thats 1000 years   of death /of  being  flesh and blood   or Life in Christ in the Spirit
  Its ok if no one sees this  , but our days are numbered and Israel was held captive  by Babylon 70 years   also  and  thats a natural life time 
  I will be so  glad when time is no more  :icon_flower:  , just  some of the scriptures that hold meaning   to me Psa 90:10 The days of our years [are] threescore years and ten; and if by reason of strength [they be] fourscore years, yet [is] their strength labour and sorrow; for it is soon cut off, and we fly away.

Gen 5:5 And all the days that Adam lived were nine hundred and thirty years: and he died.
Gen 2:17 But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.

dying daily  is Adam  in us , for Gods  judgment stands  always  to everyone born of woman  under the law For since by man [came] death, by man [came] also the resurrection of the dead.

1Cr 15:22 For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.

But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming. Then [cometh] the end, when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power.

For he must reign, till he hath put all enemies under his feet. The last enemy [that] shall be destroyed [is] death. For he hath put all things under his feet. But when he saith all things are put under [him, it is] manifest that he is excepted, which did put all things under him. And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all.Else what shall they do which are baptized for the dead, if the dead rise not at all? why are they then baptized for the dead? 

this law  is working in everyone called of God and drawn  by Jesus Christ , Him ruling our hearts  and no longer the carnal nature of the  beast  nature  of Adams  curse ,. though it rises up  in prideful thoughts and deeds  is put to death  daily   till death is swallowed up in Victory in Christ
        so far no writting has proven  different , though many try to prove  its literal
 Dayspring on High  has visted us  and the shadow of death  is removed   by the Light of Christ , the Lamb of God 

Job 38:12 Hast thou commanded the morning since thy days; [and] caused the dayspring to know his place;That it might take hold of the ends of the earth, that the wicked might be shaken out of it? It is turned as clay [to] the seal; and they stand as a garment.

And from the wicked their light is withholden, and the high arm shall be broken. Hast thou entered into the springs of the sea? or hast thou walked in the search of the depth?

Have the gates of death been opened unto thee? or hast thou seen the doors of the shadow of death?

Hast thou perceived the breadth of the earth? declare if thou knowest it all. 

Luk 1:78 Through the tender mercy of our God;

whereby the dayspring from on high hath visited us,To give light to them that sit in darkness and [in] the shadow of death, to guide our feet into the way of peace. And the child grew, and waxed strong in spirit, and was in the deserts till the day of his shewing unto Israel. 

lots to consider , but you must be convinced in your own  hearts  by faith in the power of God and His son   and the cross of Christ , just  what the Lord God has done .

Hi Rosie:  thanks so much for sharing this... I've already printed this as well as Doug's previous 2 postings.   Your post has helped me fill in some blank spaces in my own personal study of all in Adam die and all in Christ live.   God bless all you do, all you think, all you love.  In Christ, anna274

Offline redhotmagma

• < Moderator >
« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2012, 07:35:23 PM »
Doug and Rose  :thumbsup:

I was just thinking about the dayspring, and light shining out of darkness.

"lucifer" the morning star (adam) fell from heaven, Christ the morning star springs up from that darkness

Offline rosered

• Silver
« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2012, 12:05:03 AM »
Blessings   Anna ,and  Thank you and RHM  :girlheart:

Lots about the shadow of death in Gods word and How the Light of the World has come , its   darkness  being  in  a prison  of ignorance  of the ways of Gods , and our Lord Jesus Christ   Lights us up on the inside   out  :dsunny:  by the HOLY SPIRIT OF TRUTH  teaching us   

Amo 5:8 [Seek him] that maketh the seven stars and Orion, and turneth the shadow of death into the morning, and maketh the day dark with night: that calleth for the waters of the sea, and poureth them out upon the face of the earth: The LORD [is] his name

anna274

« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2012, 12:34:04 AM »
Hi Rosie... I feel sort of like a parasite as I get some really helpful material from you, but am not quite ready to share my findings ...  but you just opened up another area in which I have done some  studying and that is "...the valley of the shadow of death..." you might recognize this, it's from Psalm 23.  Do you have any  thoughts (I appreciate your thoughts, they always come from genuine study/meditation of the Scriptures)...

Death Valley, CA has some very interesting history/geography.  I have a photograph of Death Valley... the hills in the background, desert area in foreground  and in the middle of this dry, parched land is a single yellow flower (an actual flower)...  the photograph, of course, provides many hours of meditation. 

In Christ, anna274

Offline rosered

• Silver
« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2012, 01:23:08 AM »
wow  your to kind Anna ,  :LoveH1:
  I get alot from you too sis ! I tell ya God is  awesome to us all ,  He gets all the glory !!

and Praise Him always 

Your picture sounds   just  awesome of Death Valley Ca ...
 I love the Psalms  , they helped me and God healed me though them  very scriptures !
 Gods presence   was found in them knowing that His mercy   calmed the very fear of death  and not knowing what to expect in this life as David was also going though the ups and downs   of thoughts that were most tormenting at times during his escape from Saul , any modern day doctor would have put him on  antidepressants  , but it was a much needed  lesson to learn to trust in God  only   
  though many may need them to cope  in this life now , I was put on prozac for years and it only delayed   the things I had to learn to deal with and  Trust in God 
 some may not agree with   this , but I know that    medication  just a tool  in the modern day  solutions  for anxiety  and worry  that  never was used in Davids time
  but   to God be the glory in all things

" the shadow of death "to me is the fear of the unknown
  and David showed great faith and trust  in God by declaring Psalms 23 a man after Gods own heart  " the beloved "        though he saw corruption  , David  clings to Gods promises
as do we also
  Please share yours thoughts Sis ,  would love to hear them  :HeartThrob:

anna274

« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2012, 01:55:46 AM »
Hi Rosie: 

I think I may have diverted a bit from the intent of the original post re:  What is meant by the Kingdom of God?   Since we both love the Psalms, why  not begin a new thread, something like "Meditations based on the Psalms"  or Daily Thoughts on the Psalms or .... ....

anna274   (based on Anna-- Luke 2 and Psalm 27:4 One thing I have desired....)

Offline Pierac

• Bronze
« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2012, 02:43:34 AM »
Who reigns 1,000 years? Christ, or the saints?

There is no scripture that says the reign of Christ will be for a thousand years; his reign is forever. But in Revelation 20 John uses that expression for the time of the saints' reigning with him. Perhaps he uses a thousand years to signify "a foretaste of eternity."

What is meant by a thousand years?

The apostle Peter connected a thousand years with "a day with the Lord." He wrote, "But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day." [2 Peter 3:8]

Substituting the phrase "a day with the Lord" for "a thousand years" in Revelation 20 may possibly yield a clue suggesting the meaning of this passage. Peter also said,

2 Peter 1:18-19
We have also a more sure word of prophecy; whereunto ye do well that ye take heed, as unto a light that shineth in a dark place, until the day dawn, and the day star arise in your hearts: Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.

Peter wrote of darkness, and approaching dawn, and the light of prophecy, and the day star that rises up in our hearts, bringing in the full light of day, which represents a full understanding of the gospel, as Jesus described the righteous who "shine forth as the sun in the kingdom of their Father," after the tares and things that offend are removed. [Matthew 13:43] Peter's reference to light and darkness is metaphorical. Light signifies truth and knowledge, and darkness signifies error, or ignorance. The day, and the thousand years, in which believers reign with Christ is a time of their spiritual enlightenment.

Doug

In order to understand 2nd Peter... you must first understand 1st Peter!

The drastic difference between the two Gospels of Peter has confused many biblical scholars to the point some say they were written by different persons.

1Pe 1:20  Who verily was foreordained before the foundation of the world, but was manifest in these last times for you,

1Pe 4:7  But the end of all things is at hand: be ye therefore sober, and watch unto prayer.

1Pe 4:12  Beloved, do not be surprised at the fiery ordeal among you, which comes upon you for your testing, as though some strange thing were happening to you;... 17 For it is time for judgment to begin with the household of God; and if it begins with us first, what will be the outcome for those who do not obey the gospel of God?

These latter 2 verses seem to indicate strongly that the great persecution which Jesus prophesied to occur on Christians just before the second advent is what Peter had in mind!

Now notice the change in Peter's 2nd epistle...

2Pe 3:4  and saying, "Where is the promise of His coming? For ever since the fathers fell asleep, all continues just as it was from the beginning of creation."

What had happened was a change in prophetic understanding reguarding the time when the second advent would actually come to pass. Peter referred to "the last days" as being in the future and that there would be people complaining that Christ has delayed his coming. "where is the promice of his coming,"  they will be saying... (2 Peter 3:4)

Peter had to explain why the expected 2nd advent in the first century did not materialize...

2Pe 3:8  But do not let this one fact escape your notice, beloved, that with the Lord one day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years like one day. 9  The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish but for all to come to repentance....

Now the change in Paul's' teachings were even more dramatic!

In 1st Timothy Paul even began to encourage widows to get married and bear children.. 1 Tim 5:14  Therefore, I want younger widows to get married, bear children, keep house, and give the enemy no occasion for reproach;

Quite the reverse of what he recommended in 1Co 7:25...

Now concerning virgins I have no command of the Lord, but I give an opinion as one who by the mercy of the Lord is trustworthy. 26  I think then that this is good in view of the present distress, that it is good for a man to remain as he is. 27  Are you bound to a wife? Do not seek to be released. Are you released from a wife? Do not seek a wife. 28  But if you marry, you have not sinned; and if a virgin marries, she has not sinned. Yet such will have trouble in this life, and I am trying to spare you. 1Co 7:29  But this I say, brethren, the time has been shortened, so that from now on those who have wives should be as though they had none; 30  and those who weep, as though they did not weep; and those who rejoice, as though they did not rejoice; and those who buy, as though they did not possess; 31  and those who use the world, as though they did not make full use of it; for the form of this world is passing away. 32  But I want you to be free from concern. One who is unmarried is concerned about the things of the Lord, how he may please the Lord; 33  but one who is married is concerned about the things of the world, how he may please his wife, 34  and his interests are divided. The woman who is unmarried, and the virgin, is concerned about the things of the Lord, that she may be holy both in body and spirit; but one who is married is concerned about the things of the world, how she may please her husband. 35  This I say for your own benefit; not to put a restraint upon you, but to promote what is appropriate and to secure undistracted devotion to the Lord. 36  But if any man thinks that he is acting unbecomingly toward his virgin daughter, if she is past her youth, and if it must be so, let him do what he wishes, he does not sin; let her marry.

When Paul was expecting the soon Kingdom of God to appear in no way was he recommending marrage back at that time! But when Paul wrote (1 tim 4:1-4). His former attitude to marrage was revoked after A.D. 63 because Paul was now encouraging marrage for young widows!

Paul also started to command that prayers be made for kings and rulers so that Christans might continue to lead a quite and peaceful life... 1Ti 2:1  First of all, then, I urge that entreaties and prayers, petitions and thanksgivings, be made on behalf of all men, 2  for kings and all who are in authority, so that we may lead a tranquil and quiet life in all godliness and dignity.

Paul also adds Jesus would actually appear "in his own appointed time"    1Ti 6:15  which He will bring about at the proper time--He who is the blessed and only Sovereign, the King of kings and Lord of lords,

Think of it this way... 1Co 13:9 For we know in part and we prophesy in part ;

Paul

Doug

« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2012, 04:13:46 PM »
Paul's statement in 1 Tim. 6:15, that Jesus Christ is "the blessed and only Potentate, the King of kings, and Lord of lords; Who only hath immortality" confirms that he is presently reigning upon the throne of David, in the Jerusalem above, which was raised up, as foretold in Isaiah 2:2.

Those who expect an earthly kingdom, such as the Jews hoped for, fail to recognize that Isaiah's prophecy was fulfilled. The prophecies about the earthly city and mount Zion now applied to the heavenly one; there is a continuity between Jerusalem of the Old Testament prophets and the heavenly Jerusalem. 

When Peter acknowledged Jesus was the Christ, as related in Matthew 16:16, Jesus said to him, "Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven."

It is understood only by the revelation of God. Paul said, "no man can say that Jesus is the Lord, but by the Holy Spirit." [1 Corinthians 12:3]

When Peter acknowledged Jesus was the Christ, Jesus promised to give him the keys of the kingdom of heaven.

Matthew 16:18-20
And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.
And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.
Then charged he his disciples that they should tell no man that he was Jesus the Christ.

The understanding given to Peter that Jesus was the Christ no doubt was one of these "keys." This is seen, I think, in the events related in Acts 2. Peter understood that Jesus had fulfilled the promise given to David about a son who would possess his throne forever. But, although the New Testament depicts Jesus as reigning over all, having received the throne of his father David, which is implied because he was "made Christ," some Christians doubt it, and some even contradict and oppose this precious truth.

The world rejects the teaching of the apostles, and of the law of Moses, which said that Jews who refused to believe in Christ were cut off from their people. Peter said to the Jews:

Acts 3:22-24
For Moses truly said unto the fathers, A prophet shall the Lord your God raise up unto you of your brethren, like unto me; him shall ye hear in all things whatsoever he shall say unto you.
And it shall come to pass, that every soul, which will not hear that prophet, shall be destroyed from among the people.
Yea, and all the prophets from Samuel and those that follow after, as many as have spoken, have likewise foretold of these days.

When Jesus was raised up as described in Acts 1, the mountain of God's house was raised up with him. Jesus had identified himself as the temple of God, and Zion, and Jerusalem, were now in heaven, and the true Israel now consists of those in Christ, and the rest are described as branches broken off from their tree, by Paul in Romans 11:17.

The world does not understand thus, naturally. To the world, and many Christians, unbelieving Jews remain "Israel," contrary to Peter's teaching in Acts 3:22-24. But that was also one of the keys of the kingdom given to Peter by Jesus, IMO.

In Thessalonica, Paul and Silas were accused of preaching that Jesus was "another king," and a rival to Caesar.

Acts 17:6-8
And when they found them not, they drew Jason and certain brethren unto the rulers of the city, crying, These that have turned the world upside down are come hither also;
Whom Jason hath received: and these all do contrary to the decrees of Caesar, saying that there is another king, one Jesus.
And they troubled the people and the rulers of the city, when they heard these things.

John also acknowledged the reign of Christ as king, when he said he was our brother, and companion in the kingdom of God.

Revelation 1:9
John, who also am your brother, and companion in tribulation, and in the kingdom and patience of Jesus Christ, was in the isle that is called Patmos...

Jesus described himself as possessing the "key of David," and as "he that openeth, and no man shutteth; and shutteth, and no man openeth," in Revelation 3:7. A key is to a house as a throne is to a kingdom. David was king of Israel at Jerusalem, and Jesus is the king of Israel, in the heavenly Jerusalem, and he shares those keys with us. He opens our minds to understand spiritual things, but he closes the minds of them who do not believe.

To the world, or at least to the editor of Time, Bibi is the "king of Israel."

Doug

Offline Molly

• Gold
« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2012, 04:35:16 PM »
It is an earthly kingdom and it will be an earthly kingdom.

Pray this way:

Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done, on earth as it is in heaven...

7 And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,

8 And prevailed not; neither was their place found any more in heaven.

--Rev 12

Offline rosered

• Silver
« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2012, 06:58:25 PM »
  the old  heavens and earth will  be rolled up like a scroll ...
 and the elements burned up

been studying the  love your enemies  and  do good to them " heap hot coals of fire  on their heads " ....  pretty awesome  considerations    in that study   
 God never changes , He changes us  one DAY  at a time   :)

Isa 65:17 For, behold, I create new heavens and a new earth: and the former shall not be remembered, nor come into mind.  

Isa 66:22 For as the new heavens and the new earth, which I will make, shall remain before me, saith the LORD, so shall your seed and your name remain.
2Pe 3:13 Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.

Doug

« Reply #22 on: June 07, 2012, 08:39:06 PM »
It is an earthly kingdom and it will be an earthly kingdom.

Pray this way:

Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done, on earth as it is in heaven...

7 And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,

8 And prevailed not; neither was their place found any more in heaven.

--Rev 12

In Hebrews 11:8-10, we read that Abraham "looked for a city which hath foundations, whose builder and maker is God." Of Araham, and Sarah, and the other patriarchs, vs. 16 says: "But now they desire a better country, that is, an heavenly: wherefore God is not ashamed to be called their God: for he hath prepared for them a city." God is often referred to as the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob. [Exodus 3:6, 15; 4:5; 6:3; Matthew 22:32; Acts 3:13; 7:32]

Jesus said to the Jews, "There shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth, when ye shall see Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, and all the prophets, in the kingdom of God, and you yourselves thrust out." [Luke 13:28]

The city that is prepared by God is the one described by the prophets. David said, God builds Jerusalem, and its walls, and the cites of Judah. [Psalm 51:18; 69:35; 102:16; 147:2] God will be "a wall of fire round about, and will be the glory in the midst of her." [Zechariah 2:5] Psalm 125:2 says, "As the mountains are round about Jerusalem, so the LORD is round about his people from henceforth even for ever." But none of this applies to the earthly city, that was destroyed by the Romans in 70 AD; it applies to the heavenly city. Certainly God was not around about the earthly city when the Roman legions were camped there. Neither did he fight against her enemies, as described in Zechariah 14:3 for example.

It would be absurd to say that God builds the earthly city. Mount Zion, scripture says, "cannot be removed" and "abideth for ever." This simply cannot be said of the earthly city.

Psalm 125:1
They that trust in the LORD shall be as mount Zion, which cannot be removed, but abideth for ever.

Mount Zion and Jerusalem represent the mountain of the house of the Lord, which was raised up, as Isaiah foretold, when Jesus ascended to heaven. [Isaiah 2:2]

Because Jesus said Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob will all be in his kingdom, and Hebrews 11:16 says the city and country they inherit are heavenly, the promised land that they will possess is also the "better country," the heavenly inheritance.

Should we believe that although Jesus now reigns in this better country, he will descend to earth to rule in an inferior one? Is Jesus going to become a successor to king Bibi?

Doug

Offline micah7:9

• Gold
  • Mic 7:8 Thou dost not rejoice over me, O mine ene
« Reply #23 on: September 14, 2012, 07:19:53 PM »
Mar 1:15  And saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe the gospel.
There you have it.
Jesus is the kingdom of God.
And again Mat 4:23  And Jesus went about all Galilee, teaching in their synagogues, and preaching the gospel of the kingdom, and healing all manner of sickness and all manner of disease among the people.

Mat 24:14  And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.
And how did Jesus preach the gospel? In parables. He began preaching the gospel of the kingdom Matt. 4:7...Mark 1:15....Luke 4:4...John 1:38 That's the first of the red letters in my Bible.
Jesus began to expound the kingdom to His disciples Matt.5-7 When ever or where ever Jesus spoke, no matter what was said...IT WAS THE KINGDOM.
Here we have the first offering of what the kingdom is likened to...Mat 13:24  Another parable put he forth unto them, saying, The kingdom of heaven is likened unto a man which sowed good seed in his field:

And I believe this is very important Matt.13:10-16
Mat 13:11  He answered and said unto them, Because it is given unto you(disciples [then and those who are,  learner9s), that is, pupil(s) to day) to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it is not given.

2Ti 2:15  be diligent to present thyself approved to God--a workman irreproachable, rightly dividing the word of the truth;
Mic 7:8  Thou dost not rejoice over me, O mine enemy, When I have fallen, I have risen, When I sit in darkness Jehovah is a light to me.

Offline sheila

• Gold
« Reply #24 on: September 14, 2012, 09:24:19 PM »
aGAIN,i SAY HE GIVES 'SIGNS" IN THE EARTH  AND SIGNS IN THE HEAVENS...ARE THE 'SIGNS' THE FULLNESS? NO..BUT A TOKEN

JUST AS GENTILES RECEIVING THE HOLY SPIRIT WAS A SIGN OF A GREATER REALITY.....

DO I BELIEVE THE ESTABLISHMENT OF JERUSALEM AND ISREAL AS A NATION IN THE EARTH SURROUNDED BY ENEMY NATIONS IS

A SIGN IN THE EARTH? YES...BUT AS A SIGN IT HAS NOT THE FULLNESS OF WHAT IT SIGNIFIES.

KINGSHIP WILL COME TO THE DAUGHTER OF JERUSALEM...HE RODE IN ON A COLT OF A DONKEY YEARS AGO...I HAVE HEARD THAT

ISHMAEL WAS PROPHESIED TO BE A WILD DONKEY OF A MAN..WITH HIS HAND AGAINST ALL HIS BROTHERS...WHO KNOWS...

MAYBE THE LORD WHO WILL BAPTISE WITH HOLY SPIRIT AND FIRE..WILL COME TO JERUSALEM AS FIRE USING A WILD DONKEY OF A MAN

AGAIN? WE MUST REALIZE THAT JOSEPH WAS SOLD INTO THE HANDS OF THE ISHMAELITES BY HIS BROTHER'S

IT IS A FIGHT OVER THE BIRTHRIGHT..ISHMAEL BELEIVES IT WAS LOST TO ISREAL..AND RIGHTFULLY THEIRS..AND BABYLON CHRISTENDOM'S

STATE APPEARS AS IT IS LOST TO THEM,ALSO.  THEY ARE ALL UNAWARE THAT GOD HAS GIVEN ETERNAL LIFE TO ALL MEN

THROUGH HIS SON.

A FIRSTBORN DONKEY HAD TO BE REDEEMED OR HAVE IT'S NECK BROKE...JESUS RIDING ON A DONKEY SIGNIFIED HE WOULD HAVE USE OF THEM

AND THUS REDEEM THEM