Author Topic: What do Near-Death Expierences Show ?  (Read 1023 times)

TheAuthenticFan

What do Near-Death Expierences Show ?
« on: November 22, 2012, 12:11:44 AM »
  What do the  Near-Death Expieriences show about Universalism or Eternal Torment,
do Non-Christians go to Hell,  I believe that the NDE's expieriences are REAL,
and Not simply Hallucinations or Brain Chemicals Malfunctioning :declare:

TheAuthenticFan

What do Near-Death Expieriences show ?
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2012, 12:12:31 AM »
  Is it Proof for or Against Universalism :dunno2:

Offline Paul L

• Est
Re: What do Near-Death Expierences Show ?
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2012, 01:01:48 AM »
  What do the  Near-Death Expieriences show about Universalism or Eternal Torment,
do Non-Christians go to Hell,  I believe that the NDE's expieriences are REAL,
and Not simply Hallucinations or Brain Chemicals Malfunctioning :declare:

And my personal opinion is that you would in large part be wrong. When Hindus have near death experiences, their experiences follow a path of their religious beliefs, same with Muslims, etc. It seems that in the waning moments of life your moral conscience surfaces in accordance to the dictates of your religious beliefs, and this is what is being experienced.

I know that King David talks about walking in the pathway of the "valley of the shadow of death" and that the "Lord would be with him". This is often the near death descriptions many Judeo/ Christian believers seem to have, but it seems not all, or maybe even most.

Not very many people have ever come back from the dead to talk about it such that they were bonafied dead like Lazarus was to the point he "stinketh". But Lazarus left us no record of his death experience, except that we know he had to go through it twice....for me once will be enough......after that I want the new body I was promised, not the same stinky one back again.

« Last Edit: November 22, 2012, 01:10:37 AM by Paul L »

Offline victoriousgospel

• Full
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2012, 01:42:02 AM »
Yeah, I only buy NDE insofar as they align with Scripture, and even then I'm not so sure - though I have seen some very exceptional accounts that defy the 'chemical' explanation.

Something interesting though... every NDE experiencer I've read who claims to have seen Hell always then says they have been rescued by calling on the name of Jesus.  :thumbsup:

Offline Lazarus Short

• Bronze
  • The truth points to itself. -Kosh Naranek
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2012, 02:07:05 AM »
Do not depend on travelers' tales, even those of NDE travelers.  :Chinscratch:

Sola scriptura, dude! :doh:
Socrates taught Plato.  Plato taught Aristotle.  Aristotle tutored the son of Philip of Macedon.  This boy grew up to become Alexander the Great, largely by slaughtering a lot of people.  That's philosophy.

Jesus spoke the Truth.  He blessed the poor.  He healed the sick.  He even raised the dead.  He died on a cross for us, lived again, and came back long enough to tell us to love one another.  That's religion.

Offline ded2daworld

• Silver
  • What if today we were just grateful for everything
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2012, 02:28:15 AM »
TAF - does it matter about NDE? No one has proof positive about what exactly happens at death. IN any case, the unsaved aren't going straight to heaven. That's why we call it Ultimate Reconciliation.

But there is proof of UR. It says so in the word of God and if the word of God isn't sufficient you will never have assurances of anything. Which is most likely to be right? The word of the omnicsient Father God or sinful man?

2 Tim 3:16  "All scripture is God breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking,correcting and training in righteousness so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work."

Right on Laz :thumbsup:
"Why do so many people think that the Bible is only inspired at certain points -  and that  THEY are inspired to pick out which points?"

Offline Paul L

• Est
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2012, 02:29:08 AM »

Something interesting though... every NDE experiencer I've read who claims to have seen Hell always then says they have been rescued by calling on the name of Jesus.  :thumbsup:

Qustion is : Why were they seeing hell? 

Sounds to me like a lifestyle problem they were having just prior to their NDE.....I don't recall I've ever read about a NDE with visions of hell from a person of high moral conscience, be they Christian, Hindu. Jew or anything else.

I remember my mother-in-law having a NDE about two weeks before she actually died. It was a few hours after we thought it was over for her but she suddenly became very lucid again for a couple more weeks. But in her NDE she was told by someone at the other end that they were not ready for her entrance to heaven because the room that was being prepared for her there was still under construction & there was no room for her elsewhere, so she was being sent back until her room was ready; talk about "no room at the inn" for Christ's entrance to the world, how about that for "no room"?

Offline thinktank

• Silver
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2012, 12:43:14 AM »

Qustion is : Why were they seeing hell? 

Sounds to me like a lifestyle problem they were having just prior to their NDE.....I don't recall I've ever read about a NDE with visions of hell from a person of high moral conscience, be they Christian, Hindu. Jew or anything else.

I remember my mother-in-law having a NDE about two weeks before she actually died. It was a few hours after we thought it was over for her but she suddenly became very lucid again for a couple more weeks. But in her NDE she was told by someone at the other end that they were not ready for her entrance to heaven because the room that was being prepared for her there was still under construction & there was no room for her elsewhere, so she was being sent back until her room was ready; talk about "no room at the inn" for Christ's entrance to the world, how about that for "no room"?

Isn't that another way of saying your not ready to die yet.

Offline ded2daworld

• Silver
  • What if today we were just grateful for everything
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2012, 12:57:00 AM »
IMO NDE's are just vivid dreams the person is having. They are different in every culture and a lot of what's experienced is what's taught when your  an adolescent an/or first asking questions about what happens when you die. These ideas are imbedded in your self concious and are brought forth when death is near. :2c:
"Why do so many people think that the Bible is only inspired at certain points -  and that  THEY are inspired to pick out which points?"

Offline jabcat

• Admin
  • SINNER SAVED BY GRACE
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2012, 01:12:00 AM »
IMO NDE's are just vivid dreams the person is having. They are different in every culture and a lot of what's experienced is what's taught when your  an adolescent an/or first asking questions about what happens when you die. These ideas are imbedded in your self concious and are brought forth when death is near. :2c:

I read them with interest at times, but I also question much of what's in them as well.  I know the human mind is an extremely complex organ, whether awake or asleep or dying, and I also know that many of us have extremely active imaginations.  Just read around the internet (or don't) all the "things God has told people".  It really takes some sorting through, being led by the Spirit, matching it against scripture, IMO.  I personally try not to automatically swallow just anything a person puts out.  Sometimes it's meat, sometimes it's bones.

I agree, if Father YHWH is "involved" in them, I really don't understand where a Buddhist's or Muslim's earthly beliefs would be "legitimatized" in a NDE.  There are FAR too many seeming discrepancies in many of them for me to put whole "lock, stock, and barrel" in them.  Discernment, and what is being reported that is in direct contrast to Spirit-revealed scriptures?   :2c:
Neither should there be vulgar speech, foolish talk, or coarse jesting--all of which are out of character--but rather thanksgiving.  Eph. 5:4  **  Saved 1John 3.2, Eph. 2:8, John 1:12 - Being saved 2Cor. 4:16 2Peter 3:18 - Will be saved 1Peter 1:5 Romans 8:23