Author Topic: What are we? What am I?  (Read 5716 times)

Offline Doc

• Jesus Christ is the Savior of ALL men.
Re: What are we? What am I?
« Reply #50 on: March 11, 2009, 02:19:31 AM »
Good point Doc.

Is God pulling a fast one on us with Scripture do you think?

Again I ask this with utmost respect for God and His Word.

cp

No, I don't think he's pulling a fast one. I think He just wants to show us we can't possibly understand his intent without truly knowing Him.
God does not instruct us to pray to change His mind. He wants us to pray so that we'll know His mind.

"Prayer doesn't change God, it changes me." --C.S. Lewis

God never had or needed a Plan B. He's still on Plan A.

Res Veritas Loquitur

whyiloveitaly.com

« Reply #51 on: March 11, 2009, 04:53:31 PM »
Then too, Jesus did infact say, "I came to make the blind see.--and that those that see be made blind."
So God gives sight, and He makes blind!

Blessings,
(the other) Brian

Offline claypot

• Bronze
« Reply #52 on: March 11, 2009, 08:23:49 PM »
Then too, Jesus did infact say, "I came to make the blind see.--and that those that see be made blind."
So God gives sight, and He makes blind!

Blessings,
(the other) Brian

Once God makes those that see blind then He can make them see for they are blind, right?

cp
For it is God who works in us to will and to do of His good pleasure.

whyiloveitaly.com

« Reply #53 on: March 11, 2009, 08:59:26 PM »
cp,
That might just be how He works. For example, He also put all under disobedience in order to have mercy on all.
And He put all under Adam in order to put all under Christ.

Brian

Offline claypot

• Bronze
« Reply #54 on: March 11, 2009, 09:49:58 PM »
Seems to be. God is a mysterious One. The first last and the last first and all that.

cp

Offline Nathan

• Gold
« Reply #55 on: March 11, 2009, 11:01:24 PM »
Seems to be. God is a mysterious One. The first last and the last first and all that.

cp

Actually, I don't think he started out as being mysterious in the beginning . .but when Adam misaligned the order of God's creation in him by submitting to Eve and eating of knowledge.  After that, the veil was put into place where now, everything we think God is . .is the opposite of who God really is.  We're the ones that made him mysterious .. . Jesus work enabled us to return back to the clarity of love in the beginning . . . we're just having trouble maturing in that clarity.  But it's coming.

Offline claypot

• Bronze
« Reply #56 on: March 11, 2009, 11:32:02 PM »

cp

Actually, I don't think he started out as being mysterious in the beginning . .but when Adam misaligned the order of God's creation in him by submitting to Eve and eating of knowledge.  After that, the veil was put into place where now, everything we think God is . .is the opposite of who God really is.  We're the ones that made him mysterious .. . Jesus work enabled us to return back to the clarity of love in the beginning . . . we're just having trouble maturing in that clarity.  But it's coming.

Makes sense. Everything is backwards now. The good in the parables get the shaft and the bad guys win out, Jesus gets beat to a pulp while Barrabas takes a walk, the last first and the first last, if you hate your ma and pa then you are my disciple and so on.

I might say though, that God probably could have still amazed us with a few tricks even when we were in top form!

cp

Offline reFORMer

• < Moderator >
  • Psalm 133
« Reply #57 on: March 13, 2009, 01:19:36 AM »
 The Word incarnate and the written Word are both a veil.  They simultaneously reveal and hide.  Some saw Jesus as God manifesting in flesh, their Messiah, and others saw Him as something to plot against and destroy.  Many today seek to destroy the Bible from their country.  Some, all too few, exalt what is written, as Ghana or Fiji that has declared themselves Christian, which is at least a start.  The same is true of the written Word as the Word made flesh.  Many see God in us and are attracted and blessed and others hate us without a cause.

Think of all the people you've encountered in the time you've been alive.  Through how many of them has God been manifested to you?  For me it is very few and usually not recognized by me until later . . . and even then I couldn't be aware enough to get myself to pursue Him in them, though I made resolutions to do so.  Why, if so many actually know God as they claim, is their impartation of Him so next to nothing?  No doubt, God is real; but, He hides Himself.

Most would go to God if He was something they could use to their own purposes.  He is vulnerable in a way something like that so He hides Himself.  You know in yourself How love makes you vulnerable.  If you love people will take advantage of you.  It is one of the things I've had to resign myself to.  If I love I will be taken advantage of and hurt.  I choose to love knowing that.  It is necessary or you will take offense and be unable to love.  As it has developed I discover I am hidden.

Like at a church out in the country here . . . I can't reveal all I know to them.  As it is I probably go too far.  It is more than likely I will be called a heretic and a deceiver somewhere up the road.  Some of the good that I can do I will try for now; but, I suffer from the things they say and do.  I'm not sure I can continue.  I don't have enough love, or, as is more likely, not enough wisdom to overcome, perhaps . . . Love is the motive to keep at it and wisdom is how to maintain the opportunity of speaking the truth in love.

I'm there because I perceive God is doing something among them.  But that doesn't mean it makes a place for me.  Oh, how we long to be loved!  I know family members can sometimes ruin your life; but, for many I've met, their family in Adam keeps them busy enough and satiated enough they seem not to care about the lack of love in their church.  The single person, whether as a youth or one who's mate is gone can't even find a dry crust of welcoming fellowship.  At best, they have enough with their little clique of old acquaintances and can't be bothered with anyone new.  The unloved at least has the advantage of needing to seek out a spiritual fellowship.  There are many churches where their titled leader wrongly cast out as evil those children of the light with good things to scatter among them.  I wonder how many of the enabling silent audience repented over complicity in such tragedies.  How many even care enough to recognize the anguish they've inflicted?   "When the wicked rise, men hide themselves: but when they perish, the righteous increase." (Pv 28:28, AV)
« Last Edit: March 13, 2009, 02:17:57 AM by reFORMer »
I went to church; but, the Church wasn't on the program!  JESUS WANTS HIS BODY BACK!!  MEET WITHOUT HUMAN HEADSHIP!!!

DaughterofDavid

« Reply #58 on: March 13, 2009, 02:05:51 AM »
Once again, my brother Reformer....you are filled with the RICHES OF CHRIST.

Oh! My brother....I DO see Him in you...I hear Him in you....there is a weightiness of His wisdom and glory that has been wrought within you....to the Lord be praised!

I am blessed....and I understand the price that you have paid to bring forth these nuggets that you now so freely share with us.

Thank you for my brother....

Your sister,
DoD

Offline sheila

• Gold
« Reply #59 on: March 13, 2009, 03:14:30 AM »
  Wow,

the longer I  am on this forum and the more I come to know

the people here!. what a work Father has been doing.

Reformer,yes, to some we are the odour of death, to others

the fragrance of life.

Sheila

Offline Cardinal

• < Moderator >
« Reply #60 on: March 13, 2009, 03:39:42 PM »
The Word incarnate and the written Word are both a veil. 

:cloud9: If just this sentence alone is truly revealed to someone, what a harvest of revelation is at the door.  :thumbsup: Good post. Blessings....
"I would rather train twenty men to pray, than a thousand to preach; A minister's highest mission ought to be to teach his people to pray." -H. MacGregor